main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *High fives @HanSolo29*

Yup. Time shall truly tell ;)

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I have never watched the show either.

And Trieste...every since you tagged yer post with the tune from Aladdin, I've been humming that silly thing, every time I read your posts now!!! Agh!

*Lucky I like Disney songs*

lol :D

"Now, as fer as the old first king...Me thinks someone didnt like the thought of waiting his turn, me does!"
    :p

"Now tell 'em to call off 'is dogs!"
    [face_cowboy]

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Araaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabian niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiights like Araaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabian daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays...

Hmmm? Why are you all looking at me?

Actually, I realized after I posted the Beldak/Lawrence fight that I totally intended to use a song with that too. I was torn between two (and of course promptly forgot both of them, so wrapped up in the writing I was). The two options were Florence & the Machine songs. I initially thought of "Howl" because of the line "If you could only see/The beast you made of me", but then after hearing the divine album Ceremonials (which I truly do mean is divine. Only one other album has ever made it onto my iTunes in its entirety and that's Abbey Road, which I feel is the Beatles at the pinnacle of their powers) and for some reason the opening song "Only If For A Night" has this great line in its chorus, "And the only solution/Was to stand and fight". I mean that just seemed to fit so perfectly with that situation.

Also, I have spycoder to thank for getting me hooked on Florence so it feels appropriate that I use stuff from her for this game. ;)

spycoder9 likes this.
  4. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I would have that their is possibility that two people may have been working together to kill the previous king one person outside the castle who planned on gaining fortune and fame while fighting and the other getting loot and spoils from all the people that lost the protection they had while the kingdom was under a single king. So I think it was one of his chief advisers and the leader of one of the biggest bands of marauders that claim no loyalty. Both individuals would have the means together to pull off the plan, the motive to carry it out, and the adviser would have opportunity to get close and finish the job.

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Ooh, do we get a library thread as well, like we had in the temp forum? One of those would be nice.
    EDIT: Disregard above, I forgot prior info.

6. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Library thread is in the works as we speak. :D should be up. . .in the next day or so. ;)

7. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    On a different note, it is a weird kind of challenging to play a character who just... never speaks. Ever.:p

spycoder9 likes this.
  8. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    [face_waiting] Oh how I count the hours till the updates they are cruel masters.

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    L_A - Your update comes tonight. :)

And Rilwen, it may be complicated, but it's one of the most unique concepts! :D And the trusted squire who acts as a mouthpiece. I just wonder what adventures they've been on together!

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It was Beldak! I knew it!

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wait, what?! I know nothing! :p

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Don't you know? First rule of conspiracies: blame the dead guy.

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    If we're blaming dead people, then I'm looking straight at the Kildares graves. ;) Particularly at one sweet blonde lady.

Just kidding. :p well, a little

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Looks out at the cemetaries of the land and sea*

There are a few candidates then. :p

15. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I think we should play the game of predict the next part of the story I predict Mitth_fiso's character is going to try to sell his wears and goods in all the wrong places and have to run around in disguise to get out of trouble.

16. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Predictions is actually an interesting idea. :D Anybody else have any cool predictions on what is to happen?

Also, L_A, your update comes tonight, I can promise. :p I have a free hour or so and I'll be able to write some. :)

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No predictions at the moment...I'll have to mull over that one a bit. There's a lot of plot lines going at the moment and I'll need time to actually sit down and go through them to make any kind of real guess!

As to your other part - free time? What is that? (and before you ask, yes I should be working, but I'm procrastinating!) :p

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    A prediction: Gwenn Cliffe never gets together with Lucas (or is it Luca? I'm too lazy to check), despite his very earnest wanting to do so.

19. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Pretty sure it's actually Lukas, but spell check seems to hate me. :p Changed it to Lucas in my last update.

20. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    There ya'll are!! I've been wunderin' were e'vrybody'd gon to. So ya'll like to sit around big metal chairs with swords stickin' out ov' it now? I've never heard of this game. Was'it called again?

:D :p

I haven't read the source material, but I've seen all two seasons. I was a bit...err...shocked by the graphic content :eek: [face_blush] , BUT...the story was compelling enough to keep me watching. Not sure if I'll watch the next season tho.
    Either way, GoT is brilliant writing, with characters you love and characters you love to hate. No one is safe, sadly. LOL!! That being said, I'm enjoying WoK, and The Old King was killed by his son, either directly or indirectly. I immediately thought 'Macbeth'. Whatever happens, I'm happy to be part of WoK. I'm a fish out of water in this RP and I'm both delighted and frightened by my abject mortality!! Maybe I'll find a 'precious' ring during my misadventures....oh, wait!! :p

Kudos to Spy and each one of you fine RPers. WoK just rocks. Period.

spycoder9 likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Macbeth? Hey...what *was* Emilia doing when herfather in-law kicked it? And has she had laundry issues since then? Trouble with spots perhaps?

22. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I had that thought myself, but I think Han would know now if Emilia were involved. Maybe she does and just isn't saying.

Or maybe she doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me if spy were to keep that info to himself... :p[face_thinking]

But whether Emilia was in on it or not, I do think Fenton had something to do with his father's death.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Perhaps then I am the killer? I don't remember doing it, but we may never know until it is finally revealed, right JediMasterAnne :p

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I definitely agree that Fenton has his prints on this somewhere. The guy is bad news, no matter how you look at it.

As for Emilia's involvement - at this point, I can say that I'm in the dark with everyone else. Does that mean she's innocent? Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

25. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    If was Fenton he better hope no one finds out and let's everyone know then he might as well call it day. I doubt he will receive any support after that.