main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Ah! I remember now! Thank you. :D

Speaking of Lawrence, I am 95% done with the next post for him.

--EDIT--

greyjedi125 Potentially cursed Kildare swords?

LOVE IT!

That might explain a few things up North. :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    WOW!!! @Trieste!! That last post and collaboration with @spycoder9! Bravisimo!!! =D==D==D=^:)^

I absolutely loved every letter of it, every word. Perfect and brilliant delivery in my opinion. A gem of a post. I loved it. I was there...

And what's more....you've given me quotes!!!! 'His word would not be worth the air used to speak it.'

That was rich! and ooh! this one: 'The crown Desmond wore had no more place on his brow than it did on the head of a cow.'

My, my.... how delicious!! LOL!!

And the two foxes playing. It was so like a picturesque, like a dark disney movie....in 3D even! ( now I want to see this animated, lol )

Oh, should I mention The Lady Iron Fist!!? I cannot wait to see what comes of this! [face_dancing]

Thank you both for a wonderful read. [face_love]

I'm off to work -and my day will be beautiful because of it. :D [:D]

spycoder9 likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    bu...but...

Now we nevers get to met ser lawrence!!! :(

*aint looks for no dang specters!!*

Man, Im not sure HOW to take this ... boat thing now.!!!!!

[face_nail_biting]

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    greyjedi125 You are too kind. However, I will admit to some pride in a nifty turn of phrase once or twice in there. ;) Especially the cow one. :D

This is the first time in quite a while that I've heard of a character death brightening someone's day though! :p

Now, if you've read the post I do have...
    When spycoder9 first proposed this game, I was immediately in. However, it turned out I was torn between two characters, both of the same family. One was a knight and the other was the current matriarch of the family. I envisioned them as siblings, naturally, since I liked them equally. I believe it was spy who came up with the elegant solution: play both in succession. After much thought, Ginnifer was the character I was most interested in.

Yes, this means that for the entirety of the game, Lawrence was slated for death.

While this is a very George R. R. Martin twist, hopefully spy and I didn't tip our hands too much. To JediMasterAnne who found out about the development late in the game, apologies. But such is the rough and tumble world of Mirwyth it seems! You'll find that Safia has not been entirely forgotten.

Also, to Stryker01 Ktala greyjedi125, this explains why your characters came to Kalkheim but never met Ginnifer. By prior arrangement with spy, she was withheld for when I could actually play her in game.

What happens from here is an utter mystery to me. All I know is that for the first time in almost two years, I'm going to start telling the story that REALLY interest me. :p Given how the first one went, I think this is going to be quite a ride.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Holy [face_cow]!!!

uh..[face_hypnotized][face_nail_biting]

Talk about opening up some possibilities now...
    Especially with some other scenarios...
    wow.
    Whew...

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wait.......what??:confused:[face_hypnotized]:p

Well, I was really hoping Fleet would get to meet Lawrence....but alas! *waves fist at tricksy hobbitses* :p

And if I must clarify, LOL!! the euphoria was not felt due to Ser Kildare's death, but rather at the brilliant telling of the tale. It's become my favorite re-read of the moment. :D

And as a former GM, much kudos to you both for achieving and fantastically executing a plot twist you had planned from the beginning. I've seen things get muddied and derailed in other games, but to hear that you both not only stuck to the original plan, but also managed to carry it out, truly cements my dedication to participate in AWoK to the end ( as if it wasn't already cemented, lol!). Simply brilliant I say. No matter what happens ( and I'm sure it shall all be surprising and wonderful and terrible all at once, haha!) I am here for the duration. I want to see some of these baddies pay for their transgressions!!! *waves fist once again* LOL!!

Everyone is making this game such a joy to be a part of, it's kind of humbling....but YAY!!! More, morreeee!!! =D=^:)^

May Lady Iron Fist's reign be glorious and long. All Hail the Grand Lady Ginnifer Kildare![face_dancing]

Trieste and Ktala like this.
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ah, such wonderful posts and story progressions. I love how @JediMasterAnne started her 'IC's with Safia Rolmar ( bride), then progressed to Safia Rolmar Kildare (wife) and is now posting as Safia Kildare (widow). Droping the 'Rolmar' and keeping the 'Kildare' name seems almost like an act of defiance...at least in my eyes. ( That's why I love it!). Great post. I feel terrible for Safia, but I'm also interested to see if this will transform her ( should she live), and if so...into what kind of person exactly. So good..... :D:p

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    :_|Ser Lawrence
    :( =(( Poor Safia
    Lots of supporting characters biting the dust too...Seriously Spy, is George R.R Martin pulling your strings or something? :p

Can't wait to see the fall-out of all this when news reaches the fair groves, especially now we will get to see Ginnifer Kildare in action.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah...wow and wow! Spy, if you compile this into book form, I'll BUY a copy from you!!! * goes off to work on post* ( all the while knowing it's only a matter of time before the 'Reaper' comes a calling'. [face_skull]:p )

spycoder9 likes this.
  10. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I'm glad you noticed! It was done on purpose, but it's not so much defiance as much as illustrating how she disconnects herself from Desmond. I think after everything that Desmond has done, Safia wants to dissociate herself from him, so I dropped the 'Rolmar' part of her name. If you look through that post, I think there is only one place where it says 'her father' and not just Desmond (and the one place it does say that, I simply forgot to change). Like Lawrence, she doesn't see Desmond as a king anymore, or as her father.

Trieste and greyjedi125 like this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Now that I know what happens, it feels weird posting "...days before the 'wedding'." Ah, well. :D :p

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Knowing what happens, I do not ;)

13. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    We've hit the 400 posts mark! :D

Perfect timing, considering we're in the climax of Part One. [face_dancing] Celebratory drinks for everyone!

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Fills a flagon full of mead* Huzzah! :cool:

*passes spycoder the tab for the free rounds*

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Did someone say MEAD!?!?!?!?

*grabs a glass as well*
    ;)

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    There is actually a specialty beer store near me that sells mead. Some day I'm actually going to go buy a bottle because I am infinitely curious as to what exactly mead tastes like! I shall certainly think of this game when I drink it! :D

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

I only ask that you return here and report your findings, as some of us would like to know as well, albeit vicariously. :D

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mead= honeyed liquor of the gods... Smooth if done correctly.

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Jabba-wocky. I think I'm misunderstanding this. Did something happen to HanSolo?

Triple combined post with spycoder and HanSolo29. I am specially dedicating this to @HanSolo29, a great player who, despite her short time here, gave us some of our most memorable moments. Till all our paths next cross, we bid you a fond farewell.

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, no! I'm fine! I just felt that it was time for me to step away from the game. I will still be around the boards and the rest of the RPF. ;)

Also, Jabba-wocky, thank you for the kind words! I really do appreciate it! :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ah....ok, good that you're fine. [:D]

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    What a line.

So now it is believed Fenton is dead, Emilia is in charge (...which might not make Mattheus happy since I'd assume he would have inherited), and Ser Aran contrived the riot partially because he's got a thing for Emilia.

AWESOMENESS!!!

I need to get my tail in gear with Ginnifer before I go on vacation next week or I'm going to miss everything. :p

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Spy. Did you know I have a 'hit list' of these horrible men in this story? It just got longer. It's going to take time, but it's going to happen ( unless it doesn't. ) :p

spycoder9 likes this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I want to use a dislike button because the ghost of Lawrence is not happy. In fact, I think I need to petition spy to allow the ghost of Lawrence to return as a character to haunt Malcolm.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    . . .

. . .

Crap.