main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    And let it stand that I am the best word jumbler ever. :p

On our new library thread, I meant to put a war of "many" kings, instead of five. :oops:

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    At least I finally got a post up.[face_blush]
    [​IMG]

Valar Delayis - all men (and women) must procrastinate.:p

Trieste likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The GoT/WoK photo meme may now be officially on.

"Pictures are coming."

New motto of the game.

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I've now put the Kildare family's info in the library thread. About 60% of what's there was present in the last library thread, but some information on other branches of the family has been added as well.

spycoder9 likes this.
  5. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Loving all the player posts. :D Sitting down to get a good read of them all now. And our 100 post mark is coming up! If it falls on me to be the 100th post, you might get to see a special update. :)

6. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    That is a good thing =D=.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, no one steel that thunder! :D

8. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    WANT.

*starts chant* Spe-cial up-date, spe-cial up-date... :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Stryker's working on a post as well. :D For those who don't know/remember him, he's the guy who played Martyn Forsythe/Callista Halleth. He's gonna show us exactly what's going on with the King of the Desert.

Special Update - Already started working on it. :)

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Not gonna lie, I am quite curious to know what's going on with the King of the Desert. Mainly because I'm curious if Lawrence's honeymoon is going to last all of six seconds before hearing, "Oh hai. You haz war now." Obviously I think that Lawrence will get this message from a lolcat.

11. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    [face_laugh]

But seriously, I kind of have to agree with you there. At this point Lawrence doesn't even know what's happened to his cousin in Caraba, plus there is that raid that Fenton Reynard is planning against the Fair Groves and Dawnsgrace, plus Capitalmen in the Mountains so...yeah.

12. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    For all you out there wondering I'm writing a response I'm getting there it is taking longer then planned and yeah I would like to know what is going on in the desert. I'm half tempted to send spies to find out. Ah the advantages of being a lord :D.

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know, there's so much we don't know. Like what's going on with the King of the Desert. Things in the Islands have suddenly become unclear. The Mountains are really looking like where we know the most...yet now that no one's playing Desmond Rolmar I feel like we've got a huge variable.

So yeah, basically a lot like WoK. After all, didn't it take four books before he even mentioned what was happening in Dorne?

14. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Yeah, I was disappointed when trimaj stopped playing, because some of his posts and PMs to me hinted that he actually had something planned out for Desmond, but I have no idea what it was (maybe spy knows, maybe not?) so now I wonder if what happens with the character in-game will be anything like what he had intended. [face_dunno]

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Oh I know. :D I've still got our long PM coversations in a file on my computer. :) Oh yes, even though trimaj bailed, his ideas for the most part are still in play.

JediMasterAnne likes this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That doesn't reassure me at all. :D

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just a note:

FREEDOM! :D I am back on track and I will be working on a post tonight!

Trieste and spycoder9 like this.
  18. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Finished the "special" for our 100 posts on the new board. :D

The only teaser I can give is:

Ghosts haunt the halls of Harrowmont.

Also, I planned on writing up a summary of the game, which would then be split into different parts. A big summary for new players, and then individual little summaries for players who had missed some parts of the story :) If anyone would be willing to help me write up some of the smaller summaries, shoot me a PM.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I would help, but seeing as I am GMing one game, playing in four games, and writing a fanfic...I'm a smidge tapped out. :D

20. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm somewhat bewildered by this suggestion running through the game that knights can't marry without stopping being knights. Pretty sure that's not a usual knightly rule - even in ASOIAF, the only knights who couldn't marry were ones who were also Kingsguard and the like.

Even the stories of King Arthur had knights who married and stayed knights.

And it really knocks a hole in a thing that would be one of the inducements to work at knighthood; a knight is a bit more important, so people are more likely to agree to his marrying their daughter. If, immediately upon the wedding, he loses his knighthood, he is no longer that bit more important, and so they never should have agreed to the wedding. It's only if he keeps his knighthood that those marriages make any logical sense.

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    In the Mirwyth people's minds, the ultimate knight is one who casts off all carnal relations. Really you are the most honorable if you do so, but of course, if you get rid of the allegiances you made, you are still a knight. Just not as "powerful" or "honorable" of a knight. Like Lawrence might lose the "Ser" part of his name when people refer to him. It's more like a mindset of the people that has slowly made its way into culture. But considering Lawrence's stature in society, the actual casting off is made a big deal.

At least those were my thoughts on it. Like you said, Rilwen, in ASOIAF there was no such thing. More like something unique to Mirwyth. But even in Mirwyth there are hedge knights that marry freely as they wish. This "knight" mindset is more for those of importance and under the public spotlight.

22. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    And I guess it depends on region and family, or you'd have remembered to tell me to drop the Sers in my Maegorion family tree.:p

They work too hard for their knighthood to drop it just because they're told to get hitched.:p

23. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I was about to say that too. Houses can do what they like (House Kildare as a number one example), so of course there are deviants in rules. :)

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    A pox on ALL Knights!!! LOL!! :p

*or at least those with a certain crest!*
    [face_cow]

25. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Well, the chaste ones are less likely to get a pox...:p