main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lorain: ... "AW CRAP!"

them desert furies are starting to look GOOD now..... GEEZE!!

All these royals are nutty!!

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, I was surprised myself! Kudos to spycoder9 for that one! ;)

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    You're not leaving it, are you?

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That's the thing about this game. You think you know what's about to happen. . .and then you just don't.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    @ Trieste: I have I hope only temporarily. Darth Real Life hit me and my Dad really hard 10 days ago. He's been in hospital that whole time.

6. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Really sorry to hear, that Cushing's. I had some pretty family illness myself, recently. We're all pulling for you and yours.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Wocky. [:D]

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Quite unfortunate! Luckily, if this game has proved anything, it's that it will be here when you get back. Right HanSolo29? ;)

Also, yeah, what Jabba-wocky said. It's proved that you never know what's coming next. That's why I'm expecting Prince Edward Charming to ride up on a unicorn and whisk Ginnifer away from everything so she can live happily ever after without stupid relatives who literally ruin everything for her. Caliban probably inadvertently starting World War III. Regina being mean and passive aggressive around Kalkheim all the time. Lawrence getting his head cut off in the Mountains--such an inconvenience.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_laugh] Thanks, I needed that. I'm almost afraid Shalavon will be left in the dust though.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Or it's like every game of Munchkin I play--I jump out to an early lead and then I get screwed over because everyone else bandwagons against me. Being behind might not be a bad thing. ;)

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Absolutely! :D

LOL! I wish Ginnifer all the luck with that! With everything going on around her, she needs a break! :p

Also, Cushing's Admirer, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your father gets well soon! :)

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, HanSolo29. He may be coming home today but I haven't heard yet for certain. :)

13. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Graduation is rough, even when it's not your own. :p I'm an usher this year, so I've basically had to attend every practice and meeting. Crazy week, and it's going into next week as well. I'll be glad when it's summer, and I can move A War of Kings directly into Part II. :D I wanted to ask if anyone knew where greyjedi125 and Jedi_padawan_leigh are. I know DRL's especially crazy right now for everyone, but I hope it all calms down soon!

We're coming up on the big 500th post, and because of that, I want to thank each and every player I have. You've given me one heck of a ride, and I hope it doesn't end for a while! :D[:D]

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hehe..I'll nudge Grey... :p

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hey guys. The latest is my dad won't be home for likely another whole week at least. Thanks for the support. [:D]

16. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    HanSolo29 generously offered to do portraits for the main characters. :D I'm eternally grateful! The first:

Princess Safia Kildare née Rolmar

[​IMG]

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    :eek: That is totally awesome! Would that include Shalavon, that'd be sooo cool!

18. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
  19. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    That does look really good, nice job.

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    spycoder9 I'm still here Spy :) Things have just been a little hectic lately. I finally secured a job so been getting settled in there :) Then we welcomed a new little bundle of joy into our family on Thursday so its been all go. Will PM you soon :)

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks everyone! :)

The plan is to keep them loose and very sketchy and as of right now, I intend to do as many characters as possible. I'm currently working with spy as to who is next! Stay tuned! ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    You might want to slate me for one of the last one's, as I used a movie actor in creation. ;)

23. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Me as well, I have some conflicting ideas about how Leiliana actually looks... Lol

Mainly a cross between this for clothing, hair color, etc
    [​IMG]

and this for her face, however I'd prefer she looks more European-Asian in game. A point which may be revealed for her back story later on.
    [​IMG]

Great sketch Han ^^

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Han: My ideal response would be a number. Something well greater than 10.

The image was wonderfully drawn, and in the most literal sense arresting. I hung on it just appreciating, without moving on really thinking (or even having the presence of mind to count, as it happens). Really great work, can't wait to see the rest of them.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    ...sooooooo Ktala you better hope your boat doesn't go to that island jail...