main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I was just following spy's lead when we worked out the character together. :D I'm going to chalk it up to, "This is what happens when you let women run a House."

*runs quickly so as not to be stoned by the women in this thread*

Oh, and after reading post 100, may I just say, "ARRRRRGHHHH!" As if we didn't have enough problems.

spycoder9 likes this.
  2. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah that post was great. Mean while spycoder and I are still working on a joint post that should be illuminating I hope.

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    "Perhaps we can frighten away the ghosts of so many years ago with a little illumination? Gentlemen!"

Sorry, the quote wrote itself for that one. :D

4. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    [face_laugh] Yes it did Trieste.

5. Stryker01

Stryker01 Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    First post in WoK in a long while! Feels very good to be playing the wily old fox and ex-priestess again.

I have been reading over some of the thread during my absence, and I must say that just about every plot is interesting! From Princess Safia and Ser Lawrence’s betrothal to Lorain and Fleet’s escape from those strange knights. =D= Applause all around to everyone.

My own predictions: I have the biggest feeling that there is going to be shifts in power in game. Especially if this was inspired by GoT, then power players might come out of nowhere. I'm also hoping to see some exciting things from Emilia Reynard. A glance at what is all going on in the Capital? We've had the chance to look everywhere else but here, so it should be cool to watch all that unfold.

My own question to everybody: Who do you think would make the best king? I'm really routing for Delmari, who had the guts to tell his bastard that he was her father. He seems like the most honorable.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And good to have you back!

Let's be honest: the power structure of this game will likely be determined by who's left in the game. So if House Delmari were to make a play...I suspect that we would have a very...unexpected monarch on that throne.

And given recent developments in the Oasis, I am not sure I'd want Santagar on the throne, but obviously we don't have full situation yet, do we? ;)

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Kings are a royal pain...*

:p

But there are a few pirates we'd like to get our hands on....*snort*

8. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Ok as promised I have posted the joint effort so far. Wow. :D

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    No, who?!?!

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Hehe. . .:D

Their post is coming.

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Uh...is Lord Fredrik coming to the wedding? Because I'm not sure that I'd be looking forward to that. Unless he brings a really nice gift. Like a fondue set or something.

Jedi_padawan_leigh likes this.
  12. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_rofl]

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'd just like to take a moment to say that closing sentence is pretty spectacular! It's got that epic ring to it that the moment I read it I thought, "Oh yeah. Here we go."

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Seconded!

Nice one, Rilwen :)

15. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_blush]Thanks, guys. I debated making a longer post, but I decided I'd said it all, really.:)

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know what they say: brevity is the soul of wit...which is not to discount a more grandiloquent expression of our mortal thoughts upon this earth, which entertaining though they may be in small axioms are really much better expanded upon by the mental ramblings and wanderings, much like a bard who traverses the realm, sojourning for an audience upon which to display his erudition and lyrical prowess to demonstrated that, in short, one should most usually remember that it is prudent not to opine too long lest one be cruelly abandoned by disillusioned, despondent listeners who would have, with great joy and glad acclamation, have preferred a much abridged version of a ballad rather than epic prose upon the order of one great Greek known most broadly by the simple moniker of Homer; this one observation of the state of mankind being otherwise quite to the contrary of the original point made in the first part by your humble servant, who now wishes to draw his elocution to a close so that his humble friends may proceed upon their way in search of further enjoyment and sport.

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    My eye's just glazed over trying to read that. :p

Great posts all around though! I was especially looking forward to bringing in Winged. :D

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Serious Lord Tavrick is serious ;)

(Though with an impending realm wide war I suppose you would have to be :p )

Nice to have Winged aboard! :)

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Agreed, though I'm glad he's not in charge here or else I'd likely be jumping through logical hoops like I had to do with his sleeping beauty game...which incidentally is how I met spycoder9 in the first place!

--EDIT--
    Testing the dice roller for use in posts with Anne so I know how it works. ;)

spycoder9 likes this.
  20. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Apologies on lack of updates! I plan on getting up two tonight, as this'll be my first free night in awhile. :D

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have not forgotten about the horse race. Rather, I have not had the time to reference my source material for the next post. I could tell you what it is, but that would ruin the surprise.

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    And I wanted to apologize for not posting yet again. :( Starting school back with rough classes.

23. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    8-}I'm going nuts waiting. I hate thinking and rethinking my decisions ack.

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Not sure if any of you has seen this. I thought it quite clever.

spycoder9 likes this.
  25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Aww, Poor Fleet! :( I just want to huggle him!

Great job greyjedi125 :)