main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I wish I had a writer's block cure--other than to just gut it out and see what happens. However, I'll be the first to admit that I might sometimes find inspiration in other media. ;)
    You are too kind. [face_blush]

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Even though life has attempted multiple times in the past two months to bury me in stress, I'm still here & determined to see A War of Kings at least to the end of Part I. After all the work all of us have put into it, it's only fair. :D

3. BoomBachen

BoomBachen Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2014
    Hey is anyone still out there?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Perhaps. . .if you would care to buy some Tuckman wares my memory might improve. ;)

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hey!!!

'Course we're still here!.. and some of us are having a cliff hanger... literally!!!!

:D

*Always hated those season cliff-hangers* :p

;)

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Still here, waiting patiently for our GM to return...:)

7. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    I'm here as well

8. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just saying that I'm here!

10. BoomBachen

Apr 5, 2014
    Has anyone heard from Spy lately?

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So I long ago defollowed this thread as it appears that WoK is probably too fargone. The truth is that even if we did restart, I'm in a different place these days. I'm keeping my head above water with Elite League Limmie (which, if you're looking for a game to play, you would all totally be welcome in--I can hook you up ;)) and that's probably about as much bandwidth as I have. Luckily, I took Ginnifer through to a logical conclusion, even if there was more story to tell.

However, since this pretty much marks the end of my involvement in WoK, I realize that I hinted at two pretty major mysteries in the Kildare family past. I would be more than willing to reveal these mysteries. In case people don't want to know what they are, I'll share them in PM, just in case this game ever does restart and spycoder9 chooses to take the Kildares forward without me, as would be his right as GM.

Anyways, for those who might care you can have your curiosity alleviated.

12. BoomBachen

Apr 5, 2014
    So while we wait for our wonderful moderator to return from their quest, does anyone else know of any similar role plays? I love how this was its own world, low on fantasy, and had that Game of Thrones feel to it. Anyone have any suggestions?

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Well... I'm back. :p[face_blush]

I hate that I left everyone here hanging like I did.

Just took me a year and a half of adjusting my life to where I needed it to be. But throughout it all I've never stopped thinking about this game and the plans I had for it. I realize my absences have made plenty of people decide they're done with it (and I understand that completely). I have just dedicated so much time and energy into this game into the past that I think it deserves some sort of completion, no matter how many players there are left standing.

If there are any former players or new players interested in picking A War of Kings back up and seeing if we can get this game rolling again, just post here or shoot me a PM.

greyjedi125 and HanSolo29 like this.
  14. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'm here :)

HanSolo29 and spycoder9 like this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    *raises hand*

I'm in! :D

Glad to see you back, Spy!

spycoder9 likes this.
  16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ALL THE WAY IN!!! HECK YEAH!!!!

:D

17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Short on time but back if you'll put up with me ;)

18. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    Would love to keep this game going. Count me in!

19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So glad to see you back!! I do not have that much free time anymore ( DRL, whom you are well acquainted with ), but I'll do what I can for as long as I can.

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Totally back in if you'll have me! :)

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    This was an unexpected surprise! :D

At this moment in time, there are 9 returning players and 1 new. I never thought this many would be prepared to come back, but I'm extremely, extremely pleased about it. Over the next few days I'm going to be reading over the game thread and refresh myself on everything, possibly sending a few private messages to everyone that's replied here. I hope to get this started back again soon.

Thanks, thanks, THANKS, to all of you. It's a pleasure to have you all suffering through this game once again. [face_devil]

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I need to do some evaluation as to how often I could participate, but like spycoder9 every once in a while Ginnifer Kildare will pop up in my thoughts and I'll think, "Wonder where that would have gone..."

Now I might get to know. :D

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Castello will be so glad to hear that Abbott is once more destined for good company ;)

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Slowly but surely corresponding with everyone over private messages. I'm trying to get some things posted for motivation. :D Tons of people are right on the brink of their Part I Finales or writing them as we speak. So expect some posts in the upcoming days in-thread. Meanwhile I'll be getting back to responding to everyone who's waiting on replies from me.

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I have now jumped into the fray. :D

Ktala and spycoder9 like this.