main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Everyone needing an update from me, simply like this post. :) Lukes_Apprentice, I'm working on yours as we speak, but I need to know for sure who else needs me. :D

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Welcome witchdoctor07 to the game!
    Well...ummm...where to begin? You've read the synopsis that JediMasterAnne wrote in our library thread, I assume? Aside from that, things are pretty crazy I've got to say! Perhaps narrowing things down to a specific region would be good?

3. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    thank you that Trieste that helped quite a bit :)

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Glad to be of service! There are still some parts of the story that haven't been fully summarized though...unless somebody got around to that and didn't tell me.

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    yeah they have to yet be summarized it is a long and very interesting story I wonder. I wonder who witch doctor will choose to be he could join the cause of defending the mountains (a guy can dream can't he).

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Yeah, I keep intending to work up the summaries for the Capital and the Isles, I just really haven't been motivated haven't gotten to it yet. :p Possibly by the end of the week, I may get it done...something to do if the snow gets too bad (pleasenopleasenopleaseno[face_praying] ) and I get stuck indoors.

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Life happened, that's only way I can explain my absence for these past few days. :p got a girlfriend, schoolwork, all that good stuff :) But, I'm gonna make it my goal, to have this next update tomorrow. I might even challenge myself by doing two. Also, I'll just say witchdoctor will be involved in the Mountains, and his character will hold some history from long ago in Mirwyth that no players know about as of yet. ;)

Jedi_padawan_leigh likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To quote Nathan Fillion when he yelled at a friend of mine at Comic Con for yelling a Dr. Horrible fan girl t-shirt:

"NOT! COOL!"

True story.

Anyways, those of us who have been slaving away trying to get significant others for significant amounts of times are unsympathetic. Especially those of us who walked by TWO bespectacled, ridiculously cute redheads that made him think of Ygritte and then go cry himself to sleep over lack of said kissed by fire Rose Leslie in his life.

Not that I'm talking about anyone in particular here...

spycoder9 likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Double post, but warranted because

witchdoctor07 is going to save us all from ice zombies!

YAY!

10. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    Trieste
    well i'll do my best but who knows i might not be able to save all of you, or myself for that matter ;)

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is a depressingly realistic Game of Thrones attitude to take.

You'll fit right in here. :D

12. Nick of Time

Nick of Time Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2013
    I'm excited to potentially see a confrontation between my character and Alistair Bryce, witchdoctor07.

13. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    Trieste
    Oh you have no idea! i love song of ice and fire series, all the gritty realism of it all and darkness of it all, but i can't wait to start writing with you all :D

i think their might be potential in the future for such a confrontation ;) Nick of Time

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well...ummm...I guess this isn't going to be a polite war...

15. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Is it ever?

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well I was hoping for more polite than pull-out-a-guy's-tongue-and-cut-off-his-hands. Like maybe just kill the dude.

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Shows the brutality of who we're dealing with. ;)

And I feel completely awful for not being able to update all week. I might be able to update a few today, actually, but they won't be all fancy. :p My laptop is borrowed by a friend, so I'm doing this off my iPad. :) Still, something is better than nothing right? :p

18. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    its all good spy take your time man we're not going anywhere...or are we?! :confused:

spycoder9 likes this.
  19. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Umm...well. I imagine that was a side of Matheus that Safia never saw.

If that scene is supposed to take place before the game-beginning post--set 'a few days before the wedding'--then I am re-thinking my previous doubts as to Matheus's willingness and motivation to actually attack the Fair Groves.

20. witchdoctor07

Aug 14, 2007
    Alrighty then, the first post for Alistair is up but i warn you it's pretty much a novella [face_laugh] But again thank you to spycoder9 for helping me out on it, hope to get the ball rolling on the rest of this story very soon and get some intermingled story lines with these other great characters;)

spycoder9 likes this.
  21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lorain - Awww... ()$#(*&#$(&!!! What is it with these folks to the south!? :p

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think Lawrence would like to do a Vegas-style wedding and skip the gifts because last I checked it took quite some time to get back to the Fair Groves from Shodaire. :D

He doesn't need that fondue set. Wait, yes he does. Can they ship it by camel to him at the Fair Groves?

Ktala likes this.
  23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

*Lorain sticks out a thumb...*

24. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    Hello to all! I'm Dreven, but you can call me Dreven. :p I just figured I'd introduce myself. ​
    I'm super excited to be writing alongside all of you, and as I've read through the game I've become more and more impressed. Excited, too. I'm a huge Game Of Thrones fan, so a game that Takes the storytelling power of Martin, an original setting, and an epic cast of characters? That's a recipe for success, right there.​
    Obviously, I'm crazy nervous super excited to be here! ​

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You forgot "and writes with the speed of Martin times infinity" in that statement. [face_laugh]

Also, I have no idea whether I should be encouraged by the appearance of Akahli or scared of him.