main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Beautiful LOVE song for Episode II

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by JediMaster22, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    If they can get John Lennon to join the other three Beatles in Episode II then it's ok with me. If not then forget it... it's not the Beatles.

2. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    The Beatnix will do.

;)

3. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Mar17... Why does it have to be MORE romantic? Geez what IS the obssession with having A/P be better than H/L ? Can't BOTH pieces of music be EQUALLY as beautiful.

Sorry don't mean to single you out but I have had it up to hear with the "Couples contest" througout Star wars.

To adress the original poster....er NO. Not in Star wars.

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    What about Samuel L. Jackson Rapping?

5. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Jewlmc :

The Anakin/Padmé love theme HAS to be more romantic. As much as it can, to emphasize then their...what could we say here ? "Divorce" ?
    To get the audience to really FEEL something, it needs to be the most romantic couple ever. Han and Leia are very cool, but hey ! what happens then ? Wedding, children ? No conflict ? BORING !

6. Wookienookie

Wookienookie Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    NO pop songs by ANY singer. That would just be WRONG. I think any love song for EP II should be strictly instrumental. I imagine there WILL be a love theme for Episode II, and I can see John Williams and his orchestra doing some really extra- beautiful, spine-tingling, violin-melting, kissy-face version of "Anakin's Theme" from EP II. [face_love]

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    IT'S OFFICIAL! GL has signed Michael Jackson and Barbra Streisand to work together on the Episode II Love Song!!!

8. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    "But bu bu bu but Luke is not my son!! HEHEHE!!"

[face_laugh]

9. Maatkk

Maatkk Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    ARGHHH!!!! Senile Dion in SW???? Don't ever say these words again!!!!! ;)

10. Dark-Vador

Dark-Vador Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    The love theme will probably follow a Princess Leia-style. Probably comprise of stringed instruments. As in the trailer (Forbidden Love), Leia's theme makes it sound very beautiful.

11. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    They should have "Ding-Dong the Witch is dead" for the love song, a la Naked Gun 2.5.

:D

12. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Well aotc would be the most likely of all the star wars films to have a song, because of it's strong love theme. however, it probably would not fit. background vocals to a love theme like dotf would work, but i don't think an artist would work unless it was really well planned out, i could *possibly* see enya doing a song. the only cool thing about having a song in a star wars movie is you'd finally have a music video for a star wars movie, and it would help boost the sales of the soundtrack (dotf wasn't really a music video in my opinion)

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I am sorry, I guess Pop songs are obviously bad idea.

I just had an idea, if Natalie & Hayden are choir-talented, they could sing a love song themselves... NO POP Style, JOHN William Style ... NO Bass, electronic manipulation.... JUST Choir!!!

How is that idea???

14. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    Hmmmm...

You're full of ideas aren't you? That's okay, you just got me thinking about how it would sound.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Margot Kidder sounded okay doing the "Can You Read My Mind" thing.

Natalie singing a choir type musical piece to the love theme?... [face_love]

:p hehe

15. Obi-Wan_Kenobiwan

Obi-Wan_Kenobiwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    I agree with the no pop vocal singer idea. Mariah, Celine, and Whitney are just no-nos for Star Wars. But the mentioning of the Beatles brought to mind something. Have any of you heard "Love Duet" from Paul McCartney's classical CD Standing Stone? I think its a beautiful piece and it has a chorus. It's not perfect on the CD, but I think that's because Paul doesn't know how to work melodies into a perfectly classical sounding format. But if John Williams and Paul McCartney reworked it, I think it would be an extraordinarily beautiful romantic theme for Episode 2.

16. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    Yeah, we REALLY need some pop stars in Star Wars....

Faith Hill in Jedi Robes singing " Ooh I love the way you mind trick me " or

Yoda with Aerosmith singing " I don't wanna sith a thing "

[face_laugh]

ummm. no.

HC

17. WormRiddenFilth

WormRiddenFilth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Pop music.....noooooooo!!!!! Keep it out of my Star Wars movies. But while were on the subject of external musicians, heck they mind as well add a Slayer song if they change their mind and decide to let Anakin hack away at the Sandpeople. :)

18. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    I think I agree pretty much with the one before me...

It's feels kinda odd to bring in pop-hits into SW.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't mind the idea of a Love Song in Episode 2. As long as Celine Dion doesn't sing it. Her vocals aren't to bad, but there way to extream for a SW movie. It would like having the song as an Opera piece.

20. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    For the love of God and monkeys.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

21. darth_morgana

darth_morgana Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2000
    Enya would be cool.

22. Orione

Orione Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    I say, cellor or oboe or violin solo with string obbligati. 'Forsaken Magdalena' by Hugo Wolf is haunting for desperate love. A soprano voice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.