main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX A Better Clone movie out in November?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    For you closeted Trekkies I have one word for you...Romulans

Star Trek Nemesis

[image=http://www.startrek.com/content/Photo/nemesislogo120.jpg]

According to startrek.com, ET will premiere the movie trailer tonight(Wednesday). The trailer was originally going to be released during the first week of July, but due to overwhelming interest at the Trek Con in Tulsa, it will be released a little early.

Picard: Mr Worf, without that transfusion the Romulan Officer will die.
    Wprf: Then he will die

Best Episode Evvverrr

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    It might or might not be good, but no Star Trek movie will EVER be as good as a Star Wars movie.

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    True Brandon...so true

Hey it's an even movie :)

4. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    it's star trek film #10

and following the star trek movie law: even numbered films are good, odd numbered film suck.

therefore this will be good.

afterall picard gets to kick it in a federation jeep* and do some off roading, how could that be bad?

*[going mudding right after it rains in my jeep]

5. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    you guys are talking about Star Trek in a star WARS board?! OK, the Republic has officially been flushed down the toilet!!!!!!!!

...J/K, i think that romulan epsisode was cool

...and what the heck?! Picard in a Jeep, mudding!! WIERD!

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    What PKMJ said!!

I cant believe you Tim.

:mad:

7. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm sorry guys I thought you knew, I married one of them. Many years before the Dark Times, before TFN, this board was for open and free discussion about all things: Sci-Fi, Dune, Trek, Movies, Event Horizon(gives Eric the creeps), Exorcist(gives Brandon the creeps), Aliens(except 3 cause it makes me ill), Fight Club(I am Jack's fanboy), Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers(no, not damn Gil Gerard), Twilight Zone, Moulin Rouge, Batman, you name it. Now there are but a few of us left who remember our ancient religion.

8. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Mmmmm.... Event Horizon!!

One of my all time favorite SciFi/Horror flix. One of the few that can actually give me chills and make me want to turn on a light. I LOVE IT!!

9. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Okay, Event Horizon scares the piss out of me too.

I am definitely a Star Trek fan. However, it has it's place that is far below that of Star Wars, and that's where it will stay.

That being said, this has always been and always will be a place that we can discuss all types of film.

10. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Just saw the Nemesis trailer----please let this one have more substance than the last three.....

Yeah, it looks pretty and all, but so did Insurrection. I just hope they can finally put out a movie that actually expands and improves those characters, the way they did for the original crew starting in ST2. All three of the TNG films have felt like really big-budgeted episodes. I want to see a real movie with those characters.

11. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Not gonna happen. It's gonna suck. At this point, I don't think that the TNG crew is capable of a good movie. I would be more curious to see what could be done with either a DS9, Voyager or Enterprise movie. Actually, I would love to see a NEW crew and forum played out on big screen, not one transformed from TV to movie. Don't ask me what, cause I don't know. (If I did, I would be a writer instead of a Blockbuster Store Manager.) Oh, and someone needs to go assassinate Rick Berman (sp).

On another note, I just finished watching "A Beautiful Mind". What the hell was all the hub-bub about?? It was a decent movie. It told a story, about some guy I have never heard of. I guess that means it was mildly educational. But jeez!! Best Picture??? NO WAY!!! There were many films from last year that I think far out shown this film. I'll even throw out LOTR cause I'm biased to it. Either of Nicole Kidman's movies were better on all levels. (performance, story, entertainment, effects, creativity, sound, music, FEELING) Moulin Rouge was a musical work of art. Like a living painting from that era that danced and sang it's way through a lovely, albeit tragic, story. And The Others was one of the best ghost/Horror films I have ever seen (along with Event Horizon ;)). I felt like I was in that house with Nicole and her kids. I love movies that draw me in that deep, make me feel like it is real and going on right around me. There was no logical way that A Beautiful Mind should have beaten either of those movies. Oh, and for the record, I'm NOT a Nicole Kidman fan. I usually don't like her work. She just had one hell of a year last year.

12. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I think most people were scratching their heads at ABM winning this year, dude. It really didn't deserve any of the hype it got. It was an okay movie, but it was just cookie-cutter Ron Howard, complete with the same score that James Horner has used for every movie in the past ten years.

Fellowship should have won, hands down, although I would have been happy with Moulin Rouge, too.

13. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    i am jack's medula oblongata

14. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Just watched the trailer. I thought I was watching a preview for ST 5. I don't know about that dune buggy scene. Reminded me too much of Mad Max. This one does look like just another glorified episode. I'm definately reserving judgement until it comes out.

:cool:

15. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Responce to Tim and Brandon:

Yeah, I know, but I still say :p

And whats the deal with stealing Journey's 'Escape' album cover??

16. EveningStar

EveningStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    What is that movie called Event Horizons about and something about nemesis? Please Reply!

17. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    "Hellraiser" + "Alien" = "Event Horizon"

18. JangoFettClone

JangoFettClone Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I loved Event Horizon.

The first time I watched it was in an almost empty theater with my friends. They had the AC going so it was really cold and dark, perfect for that movie.

19. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Yeah, It might be just a long episode but I get the feeling that there will be something more in it.

So many clone movies out

Event Horizon scared me too but a movie hasn't done that too me in awhile so I enjoyed it immensly (sp?)

20. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    imo, Follow That Bird is *much* more frightening than Event Horizon :eek:

I'll see the next Star Trek movie, esp. since I heard this will be the last one featuring the TNG crew...hopefully they'll go out with a bang, not a whimper.

Yes, Moulin Rouge should have won for best picture (and at least been nominated for best director) last year...

21. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    Totally agree about ABM, I ordered some "overseas" DVDs a month back and the free DVD was ABM. I saw it when it first came out, and I watched it again, just don't get it. If Trek 10 doesn't excite you how about Harry Potter: The Secret of the Chamber Pot? Or better still Ep. 2 and Spiderman on DVD(or should I say legit DVD ;) ) all out in November!

22. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Here's something more scary [face_devil] ... I can even quote 'Follow that Bird' :D ...

Sam Sleaze: "Be a man."

Sid Sleaze: "But I don't wanna be a man."

23. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Grover (or is that Yoda? ;) ):

You are not Big Bird! You are an impostor!

24. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    I'm warning you all right now--the next person that quotes Follow that F'in Bird gets the crap knocked out of them.

25. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Oooo..... I'll pay good money to see that!! Especially if the one getting the crap knocked outta them dresses as "The Bird". And afterwards, you have to look up at Branson and say "My, what a lovely tea party." [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.