main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A bevy of questions - I got a few more.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ZebulaNebula, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I've got a fic starting(Post NJO with many PT-era and earlier tie-ins) this summer and I have more than a few questions that must be answered.

1. What was Siri Tachi's fate? Did she survive the initial purge? If so, could she have joined Obi-Wan on Tattooine? Could they have entered into a long-term relationship? Long enough to have a child together (I'm trying to see if a wierd theory I had is possible)?

2. The Force and fertility: would Force-strong women be able to have children later than otherwise possible? Would it influence the possibility of multiple births? Any other unusual effects?

3. Would a person working at the main Jedi temple on Coruscant have a chance to put one or more younglings in stasis? If not, where would a Jedi group have fled that had carbon-freezing capacity and the ability to hide one or more stasis blocks? How would a child (human girl ~7-8 y.o.) deal with being in stasis for fifty-odd years to discover all she knew was gone? What are the symptoms of Hibernation Sickness other than temporary blindness?

4. Who was the first Queen Mother of Hapes? Anything you know would be welcome. Who were the Jedi who liberated Hapes?

5. Who is the premier manufacturer of bionic prosthetics?

6. What did/does Akanah look like?

7. What Force prophecies are known to exist? How were they named?

2. masterArchitect

masterArchitect Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    #2: Probably yes. The Force seems to stunt aging in male Jedi, so women probably would enjoy youthful qualities longer.

#3: They could go to the industrial districts seen in Ep II, there's a good chance that carbon-freezing is available there, especially in a city-wide panic state. Hibernation over 50 years wouldn't necessarily stop growth completely, so the shell might get a little tight; however, we've only seen a hibernation of a year or so, so the blindness would likely be an issue, along with severe muscle atrophy, including heart, diaphragm, and digestive tract muscles. The Force may improve the situation...

Can't help you otherwise. I like where you seem to be leading, sounds interesting. Go for it.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The only ones I might help you with are answered same as I would but I do like what you're thinking here... sounds fascinating.

4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks, both of you.

5. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    First, be warned that I haven't seen RotS yet, so some of my answers may have been blown to smithereens by the new film. That said -

1. What was Siri Tachi's fate? Did she survive the initial purge?

*checks Star Wars Timeline Gold*

The last mention of Siri is 21 years before ANH, which means your guess is as good as mine.

If so, could she have joined Obi-Wan on Tattooine? Could they have entered into a long-term relationship? Long enough to have a child together?

Maybe. I don't know where Obi-Wan was after (or during) RotS, but he appears as a hermit on Tatooine some 8 years before ANH. A lot could have happend in the interval.

You know, I think this set of questions is better suited for The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread.

2. The Force and fertility: would Force-strong women be able to have children later than otherwise possible? Would it influence the possibility of multiple births? Any other unusual effects?

We don't know how long human females in the GFFA remain fertile, but probably yes. As for the rest, I'm not sure but some research on the Force witches of Dathomir might prove interesting.

3. How would a child (human girl ~7-8 y.o.) deal with being in stasis for fifty-odd years to discover all she knew was gone?

It might be similar to what orphaned children go through.

What are the symptoms of Hibernation Sickness other than temporary blindness?

*checks the CUSWE on hybernation sickness*

Hm, not a lot of information there.

5. Who is the premier manufacturer of bionic prosthetics?

*searches the CUSWE for "cyborg"*

BioTech Industries
    Control Zone
    Crozo Industrial Products
    Duorq
    Eleven Star Marketing
    'Geneering Products
    Menendahl Cybertronics
    Neuro-Saav Corporation
    Perzome SoftWEAR
    Renikco

Sorry, but I'm too lazy to read them. Happy hunting! :)

- lazy

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Um, I'm not sure if this could be consider a spoiler cause I'm not sure how long this book's been out so I'll put a space and a warning, just in case

Spoiler Ehh, maybe

In Jude Watson's book Secrets of the Jedi it says Siri died in the Battle of Azure Spaceport. I'm not sure where in the timeline this book is but it is set during the Clone Wars and before Anakin fell.

As for you other questions, I'm not sure.

7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    The RotS Visual Dictionary, which was written by the same dude who did the novelization, has a note in it that says, "Obi-Wan is not without his secrets, including a relationship with Jedi Siri Tachi, who died saving Padmé."

Man, Obi-Wan can't win for losing.

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yes, Siri died in Secrets of the Jedi. Durring the clone wars. The thing of the book was that Siri and Obi-Wan handle their feelings the Jedi way vs. the way Anakin and Padme handled theirs.

That doesn't mean you couldn't write an A.U. where Siri did survive the purge.

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Since no one else answered this one yet (maybe I'm the only one who hasn't thrown away their copies of the Black Fleet Crisis :p ):

6. What did/does Akanah look like?

From when Luke first meets her: 'Her shoulders were bare, her throat covered by a long scarf that vanished down her back. Her hair was long and braided, her clothing soft and flattering. Her eyes were dark, intent, and knowing.'

I didn't look any further, but from what I remember, she was slim, had dark brown or black hair, and was about Luke's age.

10. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks to all of you. Siri didn't make it? Dang. There goes a smallish subplot. Oh well, it's better to know these things in advance. I just had a theory about a certain NJO-era jedi being Obi-Wan and Siri's granddaughter. All the information is invaluable.

11. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Your story could always be AU. :)

12. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Right after ROTS, we know Obi-Wan went on a mission with a group of three other Jedi. One of which was Nejaa Halcyon, grandfather to Corran Horn. They went to a small planet to get these people to stop doing Sithy stuff, but the dome underwhich they were fighting collapsed and well Nejaa died. I'm thinking after that they had to go into hiding.

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Or, if someone would show me the passages, I may be able to pull something out of my rear - or rearrange some timeframes for Obi and Siri's child's birth, which would actually work better. Why go AU over a tertiary arc when you could rearrange some birth dates. A certain NJO-era CC with a mysterious heritage will search it out and find that interesting geneology along with her mother's and maternal grandfather's journals. The journal entries will be interspersed a la Tattooine Ghost.

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    1. I believe Tachi is dead

2. There are many examples. It made Jinn look younger than he was. Dark Woman was old but no weakling. Vima-Da-Boda, already 200yrs now, was a fifth grand-descendant of the Sunriders, 4000yrs ago. That's long lived per generation! Some books have said kids born from Jedi marriage are usually stronger.

3. Whatever YOU want them to be!

4. Who was the first Queen Mother of Hapes? The Jedi kicked out the Lorell Raiders 3000yrs ago. It took time to form a kingdom, to need a Queen Mother.

5. HTTE mentioned Sibha Habbadeet, the Alliance's major supplier of micrel low-draw power generators. Skywaler's hand has one.

6. Long dark hair, dark eyes, smooth white skin, small height. We know that because Skywalker is short and he could look slightly down on her.

7. There's a lot. Bodo Bass had a good one 600yrs ago in Dark Empire, about a Skywalker and Emperor relations.

15. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks. I can use all of that.

16. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I have more questions:

8. Can an Adumari blastsword block a lightsaber - even for a limited time?

9. Can a lightsaber be used in a last-ditch the-mom's-dead-let's-try-and-save-the-baby C-section?

10. Is anything said of Danni Quee's Force strengths? I'd like to make her a Force-seer. Does that contradict anything?

17. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I have more questions:

You do? My, how delightful.

8. Can an Adumari blastsword block a lightsaber - even for a limited time?

Probably not. A blastsword is just a blaster with modifications, after all.

9. Can a lightsaber be used in a last-ditch the-mom's-dead-let's-try-and-save-the-baby C-section?

A lightsaber gives off very little heat unless you're in direct contact with the blade, so it shouldn't harm the baby - unless the hand wielding it slips. Also, the hand would have to be really steady.

10. Is anything said of Danni Quee's Force strengths? I'd like to make her a Force-seer. Does that contradict anything?

I suggest you re-read the NJO for this. Or, if you're in an adventurous mood, you can head over to RPG and ask around for someone who has NJO character stats.

- lazy

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks. My novels are packed for an impending move, so I'll go ask someone over there.

19. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    A certain NJO-era CC with a mysterious heritage will search it out and find that interesting geneology along with her mother's and maternal grandfather's journals. The journal entries will be interspersed a la Tattooine Ghost.

Why do i wonder who your talking about? and is it important that Siri had black hair? :p

20. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I checked a half dozen descriptions of Siri, and only two lacked serious conflict in descriptions in her appearance, but her hair color matters little. You are wondering because I am deliberately keeping things vague, Rose, but I will tell you it is someone you included in WAGTG. Anyway, I may just drop that plotline or stick it on the back burner.

21. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

but I will tell you it is someone you included in WAGTD.

[face_laugh] that's like Half the jedi order. :p

22. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    :p that narrows it down. Someone you stuck with an OC. That oughta give it away right there. Don't post it. [face_shhh] I'm trying to minimize spoilers. Just tell me if I have a leg to stand on. ;)

23. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

You've got me interested :D

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
  25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    One more: does anyone know anything about Hapan and/or Corellian wedding customs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.