main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A big battle between the jedi and the clones?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by NyLonathatep, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metsuke

Metsuke Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Don't worry, I dont know any spoilers about episode 2 but I know that if the jedis do battle with the sabers it will be only against droids.

Can you imagine a massive "limbs cutting, heads flying, bodies slashed in half" massacre in Episode 2 or 3?

Me neither.

And its because of the new "kiddy" oriented tendancy of Lucas..

Im pissed. (forgive my words)

"Kiddy?" Dude, don't you understand that Star Wars can't have this stuff because of the fact that if they did it would be an NC-17 movie, meaning no kids under 17 allowed at all? It's not Lucas' fault that we live in this censored world. Did you see limbs, heads and bodeis slashed in half in the Original Trilogy? Well, we had 1 arm get slashed off, but we also had Maul get cut in half and we had Qui-gon got stabbed through the belly in TPM. How is that kiddy? Lucas has always done a perfect blend of adult and children ideas.

2. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Well how else will the jedi be exterminated?
    And who pre-tell will the clones be attacking? And with whom will the jedi be fighing?
    Well i dunno... i for one am getting sick of droids, i want human VS human! Or that is... clone VS human!!

3. LordTion

LordTion Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    I think that you miss my point.

Even the battle on the sail barge of Jabba is too violent for the new standard of George.

We will never see again a battle this crude!

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    So you are basing this theory you have on only one movie!?! That's hardly a fair assessment of George, and two movies that haven't even been released....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

5. darth_saul

darth_saul Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    George has said time and time again that TPM is the last of the KID oriented Star Wars movies. The next two will be darker by nature, I don't think he is going to try and dress them up for the kids. I have enough faith in George that he will not sacrifice the story to make a few extra bucks off the kiddie crowd. Get me? Why do bashers call themselves Star Wars fans, anyway?

6. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    good point... and well met

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You know, as honorable JCer Windy said, there WAS a large battle between humans and a Jedi before in Star Wars movies. And *that* was in ROTJ, the one people say is the "kiddiest" of them all!

Guys, I can easily see George doing a large scale battle between Jedi and clones with out showing too much blood. He's done it before.

8. moparguy

moparguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2000
    Mace Windy- We know it can be done but in all fairness that battle kinda sucked. Give me a break.

There is a glaring error in the damage done by lightsabres on organic beings. The only thing I can figure out is maybe Luke changed the settings on his sabre. I hope GL and company show a bit of cleaving but also are aware of the rating they need to keep.

Lightsabres cut through blast doors and can sevre a Snow creature but heaven forbid it can't delimb or behead a mercenary or a clone. Just picture the final battle. peeps falling for no apparent physical damage. I know Maul got the heave but GL was generous on the account.

Correct me if I'm wrong

9. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    A lightsaber would only have to uhh... penetrate the flesh ( the tasty scrumptous flesh... hahaharraha! ) in order to kill someone, and those clones are definately in armor, so we wouldn´t see the fleeeeeesh wound, but the clone would die nevertheless!
    There... a lightsaber kill without de-limbing! And the final battle in Rotj ruled by the way!

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    As I understand, lightsaber wounds are cauterized by the blade almost immediately anyway, so there's usually little or no blood. There could potentially be a huge lightsaber battle without a single drop of blood spilled.

11. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeah, the bloodlessnes is convineant.

12. justin_sith

justin_sith Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2001
    I think we will see some sort of jedi vs human/clones and the rating will be PG the same as Lord of the Rings, LOTR has some very graphic battle scenes(limbs cut off decapitation) and they have got away with a PG rating so I dont see why starwars cant do the same. I think LOTR may have done the next 2 Star wars films a big favour in the ratings department, I believe goerge lucas will be able to get away with doing much darker films without the fear of getting a 15 or 18 rating.

13. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    LOTR is rated PG-13.

14. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm getting a bit tired of people assuming there wont be this or that due to the fact that George is kid-friendly. In the first Star Wars movie, you all know as A NEW HOPE, there were no death scenes with unmasked people. Yes, a few people died in their XWings, but no, they were not shown when dieing! What was shown, was their ship, an XWing, being destroyed. One guy, in the cantina, lost his forearm. He did not die. The most gruesome shot was of Owen and Beru's skeletons laying near the moisture farm. They were not shown being killed. Even so...did any of you not realize the importance of what was going on? Did George need to show humans being killed to get the situation across? I say...no! In ESB, we see a couple guys being choked by Vader. We're not talking scores of humans, here, we're talking two or three bad-guys. In the whole OT, there's a handful of unmasked deaths. I think George is going with a concept and a realization. A realization that no unmasked human has to be shown lamely dieing to get his ideas across. Did you forget that Anakin, in RoTJ, is shown dieing in Lukes arms. Did you forget that Qui-Gon Jinn is shown dieing in Obi-Wans arms. I think the only human deaths we'll ever see, anymore, are meaningful ones. Blood and guts and gore do not need to be shown to get a sense of a loss. If you want blood and gore, go watch a Nightmare on Elm Street 2, or something.

Isurus

15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The Death Count.

A New Hope
    1)Captain Antilles getting his neck broken
    2)Lot's of meaningless Rebel soldiers get shot
    3)Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru burnt to a crisp
    4)Ponda Baba and Evezan may or may not have died
    5)Greedo get's shot
    6)Some meaningless Imperials soldiers and troops get killed
    7)Obi-Wan Kenobi dies
    8)Biggs and some pilots die
    9)Tarkin and the Death Star blow up

The Empire Strikes Back
    1)A Wampa may or may not have died
    2)Meaningless rebels die in ships
    3)Imperial Officers get choked on screen
    4)meaningless imperial troops get shot
    5)C-3PO gets blown apart
    6)Han Solo almost dies

Return Of The Jedi
    1)A Rancor dies
    2)Boba Fett dies
    3)Some meaningless guards die
    4)Jabba The Hutt Dies
    5)Yoda dies
    6)meaningless rebels get shot and blow up
    7)meaningless imperials get shot and blow up
    8)meaningless ewoks get shot and blow up
    9)Admiral piett blows up on the super star destroyer
    10)The Emperor gets thrown down into a nuclear reactor
    11)Anakin Skywalker dies

The Phantom Menace
    1)some meaningless pilots die
    2)some meaningless gungans die
    3)some meaningless droids blow up
    4)some neimoidians get killed
    5)some meaningless pod racers die
    6)Qui-Gon Jinn dies
    7)Darth Maul gets cut in half

Attack Of The Clones
    1)?????
    2)?????
    3)?????
    4)?????
    5)?????
    6)?????
    7)?????
    8)?????
    9)?????
    10)?????
    11)?????
    12)?????
    13)?????

With that being said I conclude AOTC will be the bloodiest of the movies. ;)

16. CG-Realms

CG-Realms Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    "And who pre-tell will the clones be attacking?" Who knows? They could be good guys for all we know. Perhaps there's som alien species we don't know about. Perhaps they're fighting Santa and his elves. God (and Lucas) only knows.

17. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    "And who pre-tell will the clones be attacking?" Who knows? They could be good guys for all we know. Perhaps there's som alien species we don't know about.

[face_laugh]

You NON-SPOILED people crack me up. ;)

*Import Jedi resists unleashing his mighty spoilers and heads back to the Spoilers-Allowed Forum* :D

18. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    er... just when does the next trailer appear?
    I reeeallly hope they show nothing of the clones

19. Vanda

Vanda Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    The next trailer will come out in either March or April.

And I'm with you, even as a spoilerhead, I hope the long shot of them we saw in the trailers we already have is all we get till May. But I somehow doubt that'll happen.

20. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    yah! Although i think i know how they look like thanks to a pic that was printed in the newspaper yesterday, idiotic editors didn´t know that it was a spoiler and printed it right away! Curses!!

21. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Don't worry, I dont know any spoilers about episode 2 but I know that if the jedis do battle with the sabers it will be only against droids.

Can you imagine a massive "limbs cutting, heads flying, bodies slashed in half" massacre in Episode 2 or 3?

Dude, the reason why the Jedi don't fight clones is because it doesn't make any sense for them to.

Now, we had a shot in the last trailer with Anakin decapitating a Tuskien Raider. Good enough for you?

22. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
    George Lucas has said time and time again that Palpatine realised the failure of the droids and decided to use personnel instead! Hence the clone army! So ofcourse the Jedi will fight the Clones! Droids suck anyway and Palpy knows this dont´he?

23. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
  24. NyLonathatep

Jun 27, 2001
  25. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.