main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania A Big Day Out, 07 Style

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kartanym, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    The First announcement of the lineup for Big Day Out 07 has finally come! And some good news so far:

Tool
    Muse
    The Killers
    Jet
    Eskimo Joe
    Violent Femmes
    The Sleepy Jackson

I went to this for the first time last year and loved every minute of it, but I promised myself I'd go again no matter the lineup. Based on this, I don't have to worry much :p Anyone else going next year?

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    With the release of the initial line-up, I'm now very tempted to make the trip to Sydney for it.

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Should I find myself with the money to spare and someone else willing to attend, I might go. That is, if it even gets to Melbourne this year - I think I heard that venue changes are wreaking havoc with organising it.

4. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I heard about that. Big bummer, though I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Speaking of, I'm crossing my fingers for a few local bands to be added to the list for round two announcements, The Grates being the obvious one. I'd also be surprised if Little Birdy aren't added to the already strong Perth collection. Yay, we're actually good at something here!! :p

5. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I've already got a load of music lined up over this Summer, so I'll probably just seek out a few individual songs like always.

Did anyone go to the Foo Fighters at the Opera House last week?

6. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Tickets are on sale now. As usual, Perth won't be sold out so I'll probably pick them up around november, if I decide to go.

7. snicker_arr_snicker

snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2006
    what's the big day out, 07 style? is it a charity concert, or just a normal one?

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
  9. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    And what a surprise, Sydney sold out straight away. I'll consider the various options of waiting for the rest of the release or heading to either Melbourne or the Gold Coast.

10. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    ooh, ooh! Come here!! :p

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I remember going to the BDO at the Sydney Showgrounds, back when it was $40 and didn't sell out until the day. Saw Soundgarden, which was awesome...

Damn kids!

E_S

12. Foxi

Foxi Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    AH. MAH. GAHD. I have mah ticket.... AWESOME! I wish teenagers were banned from BDO ^.^>

Kart, you forgot to mention PEACHES :p

13. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    SHE LIVES! *points at Foxi*

Anyway: I want very badly to go to the BDO next year, and I live just around the corner from it too. I could go home and veg out when I wanted to have a rest. But I HATE the chil'uns they let in. I know that everyone wants to have agood time, and I was once a little punk kid who thought they were aweshum at the BDO, but I'm old and easily irritated now. :p

That being said, I'll still probably go. I mean, the violent femmes are playing!

14. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I got a strange e-mail saying I'm in the running for Big Day out tickets and they had my name and address. i know my sisters tried to get tickets, but I didn't as I'm not interested really.

Anyone know anything about that?

15. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    The excess tickets are being run in a ballot type thing, check the bdo website for details

16. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Ill be at the perth BDO... running around with a video camera and interviewing bands etc.. :) I cant wait... im really looking forward to seeing My Chemical Romance!.... Still waiting on the second announcment.. to see who else is going.. hopefully this year its a bit better organised..

17. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Interviewing?! Lucky bugger :p

18. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    [face_dancing] Can't wait

19. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    haha yeah... hopefully! well i work for a radio station :) so I got the media passes.. but they dont included Talent access as yet.. hopefully that will change in the next couple of weeks

20. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    If you need any help *nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more* let me know :p Otherwise, hopefully I'll be there with a few mates. I'm hanging out to see who's added to the lineup first.

21. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Well ill see how many passes I get..

22. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Bugger the BDO. Go see U2 instead.

[image=http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2444/942ww4.jpg]

23. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well yeah, I would IF THEY WERE COMING TO PERTH!

24. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah, but they have airports and cars over there these days, don't they? [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.