main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series A big OT character makes an appearance! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/remaking-wookiee-chewbacca-becomes-a-character-on-star-wars-the-clone-wars/

Let's try to keep this contained to this thread, if at all possible.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I like this. It makes some sense to include Chewie in association with the Jedi. It hopefully will help expalin why he was Tarful's number 2 guy in ROTS.

3. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    If he's in the season finale duology, I think some pieces of the puzzle start making sense. In the trailer we saw a gang of trandoshans and Ahsoka and other running around some huge vines and stuff. My guess: trandoshan slavers on Kashyyyk. And that's very cool, talk about an established EU concept.

And old fuzzball is looking very good. Can't wait to see how he moves.

And yeah. Would have been YET another great surprise......................

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Thought about that too. And from early on, I thought if there's an interesting story to get wookiees in TCW is the Trandoshan rivalry and slaving.

Also loved how his design is based on the OT and not on RotS.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    This would have been a huge reveal, I mean a fan favorite character.

Who gives a fig at this point, I mean I'm just resigned, especially as a mod, that I'm going to find out about this stuff.

He looks great though - the animation in that trailer is top notch.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Not sure if it was a classy move or just a publicity stunt, but it's quite cool that they invited Peter Mayhew to go to their studio and lecture them about Chewbacca and even help voice the character. I'm not sure how any of that is needed, though. All they need of his movement can be learned by studying the films, and as far as I know, Peter never had any input on Chewie's vocalizations...

BTW, how do you like my non-spoilerish title? "big OT character"... "big", get it? [face_beatup]

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes, you're quite clever! ;)

I think it's great they got Mayhew there; the weird thing sometimes with TCW is that they apparently take SOME stuff super-seriously and call in Mayhew to make sure they've got everything right (yet they apparently can't properly animate their main characters walking properly [face_laugh]), but other stuff they don't really care.

Particularly with respect to plot inconsistencies/holes, etc.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    When I read the title, my thoughts started to wheel. On one hand, it could be a very big, Tarkin-like spoiler revealed. But on another hand, if I'm not going to read the topic, it will look at me every day with its exclamation mark. And it could be a trap, and when I open it, there will be word "Ugnaughts!" and Gry will say he wanted to test how many will read the topic during these dark times, when the shroud of the spoilers have fallen.
    So, I am a weak man. But, to the business. Looking cool, hopefully moves even cooler. Another original actor, woo! Season finale will have rain, mark my words. And Chewie fighting in it. Just to show us how far they have gone from "Ventress will throw off her skirt once she enters battle"-days.

But Ahsoka & Chewie -episodes? Why not put Yoda in there? Why not?

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, they could have told us Yoda returns and left the Chewie appearance as a surprise.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I want Bossk and Chewie on the same episode.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Class act bringing Peter in! =D==D=

12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    It will be such a waste if they don't use Bossk in this arc. I mean, he did practically nothing in the Boba trilogy, and this story is what he was BORN to do.

13. stevehamann

stevehamann Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2010
    I'll play devil's advocate here: Does anyone feel this gimmick is getting old, of all these cameos from the OT? This season we have Greedo, Sny, Tarkin, and the new Finale Spoiler Character?

Personally, I dug Sny Snootles, and can see how Tarkin can fit in, but Greedo was not necessary. There are also several characters from the AOTC and ROTS I'd like to see.

Are there any other OT characters you'd like to see?

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    There's nothing wrong with bringing in classic characters, as long as it makes sense for the story. If they're making an episode about trandoshan slavers on Kashyyyk, how could they NOT use Chewie? Tarkin is also a shoe-in that should have been part of the cast from the very beginning. Now Greedo really didn't belong there and was very gimmicky.

15. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Kashyyyk? Don't these episodes take place on Felucia? On a side note, getting quite sick of the double titles they're using: Padawan Lost (after Lightsaber Lost) and also Wookiee Hunt - cool title, though - (after Hunt for Ziro). Aren't there any synonyms for lost or hunt? Really impressed with the design of Chewbacca, very good. So I guess we can assume these two Jedi are also padawans?

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Now THIS is news! I can't watch the video on my phone, but I will say that the Cbewie model is amazing. Without a doubt the best they bave churned out yet! [face_hypnotized]

And bringing Peter Mayhew back to supervise the prouction was a great idea. I have a feeling this will really make the second half of the season worth the first half!

17. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    If as Gry suggests this is tied into something Trandoshan slave trade-related then that would be amazingly cool.

Otherwise all I can imagine is summed up in one word: fanservice.

God, I love the SW universe.

18. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He looks great.

Hope it deals with the story from the Visionaries comic, in some way or other.

19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Jeez, how many MAJOR characters from the OT are even left? We've seen pretty much every villain (Vader, Boba, Palpatine, Jabba, and now Tarkin), and of course many of the major heroes that were alive (Yoda, Obi-wan, 3PO, R2, now Chewie, even a few extra cameos like Mon Mothma)...

Other than seeing Luke and Leia in some future vision... the only really major characters who'd be alive are...

Han Solo and Lando...

Season 4 finale, anyone?

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Chewie was expected but i was really not waiting for him and i'm not extremely surprised like i was about Tarkin (Lol first i thought someone misinformed created this arc for Tarkin[face_laugh] ).... anyway... looks good- i guess that place indeed is Trandosha.... so that's season finale? Well that sucks[face_worried] ..... it means Savage will be left to looking for Maul[face_frustrated] and we don't learn more this season..... that really sucks since they shouldn't have done entire Maul-subplot at all.... anyway cool to see Chewie and he has great model done for him.....

I don't think Felucia episode (that definitely is feluciaepisode) is same as this arc- but i dunno-i think this is Trandosha...

About Ot-characters- nothing wrong but Greedo was meh ....he was not really needed there is rodians already so anyone else could have been similar enough Greedo is not a big character anyway

I really hope Max Rebo won't make his way in to TCW:oops:

Get also PT-characters like Dexter Jettster, Rune Haako, Sly Moore, Shu Mai, Oppo Rancissis, Ask Aak, Sio Bibble.......

21. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Unfortunately the fact that Han almost made it into Ep3 almost makes it inevitable that he'll pop in TCW eventually...

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Would love to see IG-88, though I guess it's to early for him.

I'd rather it be Yoda Chewie was with instead of Annoyingoka.

It'd explain his relations with the Wookiees in ROTS.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    You know, I thought Chewie would be one of the first OT characters to appear. His model must have been pretty expensive/difficult to make.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    What's wrong with Han?- He could appear without canon-mess ups even.... of course he won't -if he appears he will get new backstory...
    But really- why Han Solo shouldn't appear?- Galaxy is obviously small:p did he just pop out from nowhere to OT?

If we follow some minor character his/hers path could cross Han without unbelievability problem- I'm not saying he should fight in the Clone Wars or anything- but still would be great to see someone else in the underworld than just weequays..... but well in TCW Han would be raised by weequay pirates[face_tired] yeah suddenly i don't want to see him anymore[face_laugh]

No IG-88 please- there is IG-86s and i see enough links there....

25. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Yeah about the size of my old neighborhood it seems like sometimes.

They could always do a Solo Chewie meetup. Wait, how old would Solo be during this show? 10?

Another kid.

Instead of little Annie it would be Little Hannie?

No...no...no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.