main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series A big OT character makes an appearance! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    a clone maul is a big possibilty gang. Remember in star wars we can clone anything. We got the Emperor, Luke, Starkiller, Jorus Caboth, Grand Admiral Thrawn, the dork dudes, Jango clones, you name it, it gets cloned.[face_whistling]

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That was the greatest rumor of all time.

3. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    MF.com's Spoileriffic who worked on ROTS was the source of that "rumor" which was supposed to occur during the Kashyyk turn.

Another preview of you know who.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lFo1bK6pew&hd=1

4. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    I'm more than a little excited for this episode. Should be fun to see Chewie. And not out of place at all - he did show up in ROTS with some prior Jedi aquaintances. I hope he hangs out with Yoda a bit to establish their friendship.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hey i still think they know each other already- both are hundreds of years old there is no need to see "friendship established" in TCW it's already existing i would say.....

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    from the Official site:

"The Chewbacca sounds were sourced from the same bank as the original films, but Dave Filoni and Matt Wood thought it would be nice to get a small sample of my voice mixed in," says Mayhew.

I think this is enough proof to cut wings of "Chewbacca speaking basic"- rumours:) plus Chewie is not completely sounded by Mayhew they just added bit Peter there fo fun

and this is no DP:p

7. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Like I said earlier, should've been Dee Bradley Baker. :p

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Guys, I was just messing with ya. Didn't know it was a pre-established faux rumor by AhsokaMiro.:)
    Dave Filoni would never let that happen.

9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (in jest) This might be one case where Dave Filoni's reputation for damage control (yeah, we had a compromise, yeah, we reminded George of this, yeah, there's this thing in the EU we tried not to mention, yeah, there's one Wookiee with a translator droid and another with a speech impediment :p) might be an ADVANTAGE! [face_laugh]

While we have a lot of Wookiee tracks, I think that maybe Peter's there to make it sound more voiced, rather than strung together in editing. Y'know, like as if Chewie was really reacting to characters and situations. :)

I'm not sure how noticeable it'll be in the end, but I can imagine that's one reason why they'd want him doing voice work for Chewie.

Also, yeah, Dee Bradley Baker animal noises for the win. Now that we've got one Wookiee model, let's see him voice an army! [face_laugh]

10. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I'm really psyched about this. I've been waiting for Chewie to appear since the show started. Personally, I still hope to see a Chewie + Yoda episode at some point but I'm ok with him being teamed up with Ahsoka. I don't think she's nearly as annoying as she used to be.

Going back a few pages- I hope they don't ever bring Han to TCW but I have a sinking feeling it will happen sooner or later- especially since Lucas considered including him in ROTS. If they stick with his established back story- that he was part of Capt. Shrike's gang of child con artists and pickpockets, I'd be ok with it but so far TCW doesn't seem to care too much about established backstory so... The one thing they SHOULD consider though is that in ANH Han doesn't believe in the Force. If he'd met Jedi during TCW and seen them in action, I think he'd have a different attitude toward Kenobi.

I do think Lando should appear. He's the one major OT character that has almost NO backstory at all. Besides, he'd be about Ahsoka's age and I think it would be funny to see a young Lando trying to hit on Aksoka and getting rebuffed. He always seemed very cultured and educated so maybe he was a Senator's son...

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha Landsoka would create totally new dimensions to Saga-TCW relationship[face_laugh] - i would love to see Lando's father with young Lando- Lando's papa could be some rich guy but such a gambler he looses everything and becomes criminal instead or something..... I want to see Han but i also want his backstory won't be erased- Nightsisters proved they can use EU-material right if they have to and i hope they won't erase Garris Shrike character but i'm ok with some retcons.... Han being raised by wookiees is ok but not as good as him being raised by pirate/smuggler gang and they shouldn't put Han together with jedi- except if he is undercover jedio_O and Han has just has cameo.... as something like cabin boy of pirates.... that i would like to see-

Let's say some minor jedi starring in episode having some undercover mission- he/she is forced to buy a trip from Shrike's gang
    aboard their ship is a kid named Solo- just briefly seen but so much that you can identify him- then ship is attacked by Trade Federation pirate hunters or something maybe li'l Han shoots some battledroids with awesome skills but then is ordered by Shrike or someone to retreat and leave fighting to grown-up men:p - jedi not wanting to reveal himself cannot use his saber- there is bounty on jedi posted by CIS- amongst folk who would gladly sell you to save their own skin is not good idea to take your saber or use the force push- or you end up like Dooku with Hondo's gang.....

Something like that would be Han-cameo i want to see- i don't want huge retcons any more than anyone but Solo needs little cameo sooner or later.....

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm sure TCW will have him see Jedi leaping around and using all kinds of Force powers.

Maybe the ghost of Father can mindwipe him afterwards.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm sensing some bitter sarcasm here.... well maybe Han Solo is like his alter ego Indiana Jones... sees all kind of supernatural stuff but still is sceptic afterwards :p

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Honestly, I'd rather see a Jar Jar-Lando team up over the Ahsoka Lando idea.

Oh god I hope this happens now. [face_laugh]

15. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    For the record, I'm not saying Ahsoka and he would actually have a romance just that Lando would try his best. I see it more like Ahsoka being assigned to keep him out of trouble while Anakin and Padme meet with his politically important parent.

16. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Missed opportunity: Padme's separatist pal Mina Calrissian.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm eagerly awaiting Tarkin-JarJar team-up episode [face_laugh] and i don't think Lando's parent should be that important as senator... more like local noble like Lando is later on Cloud City...

18. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    They could be CEOs or Trade Barons, as Lando is a smooth businessman... so they could still be CIS/TF affiliated, and lose all their clout when the CIS is defeated by the Republic/Empire (for whom Lando has no love). Not a bad idea, really.

19. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Chewie vs. Bossk confirmed =D=

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm actually very disappointed- not to Bossk but overall logic of this show- republic prison really needs some kind of guards since people go in and out without problems- Bossk was imprisoned before and yet he is free now- or is this one more prequel[face_monkey] with ahsoka-inconsistency ....
    So i guess episode guide says "Bossk somehow escaped":oops: :oops: :oops:
    or did some witty lawyer talk him out "he has terrible childhood- all his siblings died (ok he ate them himself but he is trandoshan that's just natural for cannibalistic lizard species)"

21. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Well there is a possiblitity Bossk served out his sentence...

its been a year or two since the Boba episodes in chronology, all Bossk pretty much did was stand around pointing a gun at the scottish guy, never actually harmed anyone. He could easily say that Aurra forced him to take part in this or something.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I keep reading the thread title as "a BIGOT character makes an appearance".

23. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    COMING SOON TO THE CLONE WARS...

[image=http://www.nndb.com/people/908/000025833/FredPhelps.jpg]

CAN ANAKIN AND ASHOKA STOP FRED PHELPS FROM PICKETING ZIRO THE HUTT'S FUNERAL??

24. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Wait, where was this?

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not confirmed, just speculation based on the clips we've seen. I didn't see anything on the official site yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.