main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A big THANK YOU to the 501st!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Panjin, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I want to express my gratitude to the members of the 501st for all the time and effort they put in at the Celebration. They volunteered their time to act as security, patiently posed for pictures, helped direct traffic, played with little kids and made everyone feel a part of the Star Wars universe. All this with poise and good humor!

I especially loved their march into the ballroom as the orchestra played the Imperial March during the concert - applause well deserved!

Being told, "Move along" by a stormtrooper was definitely an experience that willl be long remembered.

Thank you, 501st! You're the epitomy of what Star Wars is all about.

2. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    You got that right! And they did it for free because they love SW!

3. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'll totally agree with you guys - the 501st were great. I went dressed as a Jedi and when I was standing in line or even just walking around, I can't count how many times I was told to "go straight to cell block 1138", "we'll take care of you Jedi later", and "let me see your identification" (I'm also pretty sure I got fired on with stormtrooper guns a few times....) LOL - Those guys were a lot of fun, and they have a lot of class. Thanks guys - C2 definitely would not have been the same without you! I"m just bummed that I missed your march on Saturday morning because I was trying to find my way around the city when all the main streets were closed down.

4. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree...the 501st RULE!! They really made you feel like you were in the SW universe :) Personally, I felt like I was on Coruscant for all the people there...LOL.

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I had thought about creating a thread like this too, good thinking Panjin. :)

Anyhow, the 501st were AWESOME! Out of all the stormtroopers I saw...I still couldn't get enough. I was excited every time I saw one! I now have pics of soooo many too :) I can't extend my thanks enough to them. They really added to the overall experience of being there. I would say it was one of my favorite parts of C:II as whole.

So once again--a BIG thank you to all of the 501st, you definitely deserve a round of applause!

7. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Most of my pictures were off the 501st. They were all great!!!!! Especially the chic trooper. Without all of them, there wouldn't be much of a celebration. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

8. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I have to echo everyone here. Thanks 501st. You guys are awesome.

9. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I got this great picture of Downtown Indy with a stormtrooper crossing the street. VERY funny. Also, being the little Star Wars tourist that I was, I got "arrested" by one of them. It rocked! Thanks, guys!

10. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    I meantioned this in another thread, but very much thank you, thank you, thank you 501st!

11. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Definitely, the 501st was the highlight. Everyone I've told about you guys says how awesome it must have been to see this and it truly was. Always helpful and in true spirit of fandom, you guys are the best!

Thank you!

12. RishOutfield

RishOutfield Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I agree completely. They added a bit of style and levity to the occasion, not only helping to control the massive crowds, but making everybody's wait in line a little less dull, a little less ordinary. Thanks 501st!

13. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Yet another thank you. The 501st made us all proud to be Star Wars fans. You folks made a great convention even sweeter. People hired to wear actual Lucasfilm props would not have looked better, and certainly would not have done as good a job. Well done!

14. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Yes, thank you, thank you! The first one I encountered made me jump ("Move along the line, ladies.") I grew to respect their commitment to helping people have a good time via order and organization. I know you guys and gals spend a lot of time and money on this, so here's your kuddos! Thank you!

15. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Absolutely the men and women of the 501st RULE!!! We loved you!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Leah and Michael

16. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Oh yes....the 501st were fantastic.

I fell in love with all the Stormtroopers all over again... [face_love]

17. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    A special thanks to "Elvis Trooper" for the picture. My fellow Tennesseans now know where he went! It seems right, somehow.

18. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
  19. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    You guys are welcome...

We all worked hard, and the costume is not always fun to wear for extended periods, but thank you notes like this one make it all worthwhile!

TB1124

PS. I apologise if I yelled at you in the SAG room.
    NO FLASH, NO VIDEOS, MOVE ALONG.

20. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Wow, thank you all. As a member of the 501st I think is safe for me to say, it was our pleasure. Everyone treated us with respect as well and it was a great experience.

I would also like to pass along a line of thnanks to members of the Rebel Legion who volunteered to help us out when needed. I found that the sight of a stern faced Jedi at a door can be just as intimidating as a white clad Stormtrooper,...well almost. :D

21. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Let me add my thanks for all your assistance during C2, and a special howdy to:

Michigan troopers Kyle (black guard), Donovan (red trooper), and Sam (cool Jedi)! You guys were so much fun!

Extra special thanks to the trooper in front of the fan club lounge who let me video him for several seconds, and then consulted with his buddy and moved to put his hand over my lens! Very TROOPS! (I'm such a pathetic geek, I loved it!)

22. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    *L* Reject, you just know that we actually HIT what we aim at.

We simply have more patience than the average stormtrooper. Or is that tolerance?

^_^ *drops a couple of pebbles on JR's helment*

~Caleigh

23. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Azeem, that picture rocks!

24. tk210

tk210 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    As Founder and Legion Commander of the 501st, allow me to say 'you're welcome' and 'thank you in return' in one breath. Celebration 2 was our first event as official staff and our 160+ volunteers took their jobs very seriously, to the point that many endured bodily injury and (worse) missed out on the convention itself (most of us, myself included, walked away without so much as one Sucal figure or t-shirt). However, that was small price for the looks on children's faces and the chance to enter the Star Wars universe, however briefly, in the role any stormtrooper was born to play: SECURITY!

The attendees were very receptive to us and made us feel welcome. Can't ask for better fellow Star Wars fans.

So from all of us at the 501st, a hearty thank you for all the warm outpouring we received. And let me wrap this up with our singular mantra:

"Move along..."

- Albin Johnson, TK210
    Founder and Legion Commander
    501st Stormtroopers
    "Vader's Fist!"

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks 501st, I'd been looking forward to meeting some of you guyz from the minute I heard about you in "SW Insider." It is really amazing to see that many people with a common interest (besides all of us being SW fans) as Stormtroopers. And a special thanks for helping with security and crowd control. There was alot of confusion at times, as well as some bitchy fans, but you guys were both friendly and professional.

Oh yeah, during Sunday's gathering outside the RCA Dome...if anyone noticed a guy standing at the top left corner (all by himself) waving his arms...that's my dad! He was having a bit of a "Where's Waldo" moment...hope he didn't ruin anyone's picture; he wasn't there long. He can be a bit of a "nerf-herder" but he's family :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.