main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A big THANK YOU to the 501st!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Panjin, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Just wanted to add my thanks as well. Every member of the 501st was very good about helping us out, showing us where to go and posing for pictures. It was worth the price of admission just to see them walking around. And one of the highlights of the whole convention was hearing a trooper, complete with the voice modulator, ask another trooper, "Hey, can you get me a cookie?" Very strange. Again thank you 501st, and I look forward to seeing you again.

2. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Letting you, the 501st, know that your hard work and dedication did not go unsurpassed. You've all made the whole C2 event so surreal. Thanks for the memorable experience.

3. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hello all....the Elvis Trooper here.

I want to say Thanks You to my fellow 501st trooper for putting on a most impressive display of cooperation. Most of us had never met each other outside of our own garrisons. We were able to come together and work so well together to let our love of Star Wars, and our dedication to our hobby, be shown to everyone.

I also want to thank all the Star Wars fans that were there and understood that we were just volunteering and could only do so much about all the lines and all the long waits.

Also, ?tionnesharp?, your welcome. We are the 501st, we love to be around other Star Wars fans and love to take picture. I don?t know of any time when any of the 501st would ever turn down any fans that want a picture, so make sure and stop them when you see them and ask for a pic. ?Ken

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    You are so very welcome!

I am so glad to read this thread!

I am also so glad I volunteered to do this. I knew I would be missing a lot of the events (I only got to see one) and exhibits (I saw none) and I probably wouldn't be able to buy many souvenris from the CII store (there was absolutely nothing left by the time we got there in the afternoon--no figures/no nothing) (I left Indy with more money than when I got there)
    DESPITE all this--IT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME. :)
    I did get to see the concert. I sat in the Lucasfilms section. I spoke with some of the guests who I couldn't get to see at the events or in the ridiculously long line for autographs. I did not want an autograph from anyone. I just wanted to say "Hi" and that worked out perfectly fine.
    I had the best time seeing other 501st folks whom I had not seen in a long time (Lionell, Dave, etc.) and also finally meeting new 501st folks whom I had only corresponded with via email (Tim, Albin, etc.) and then meeting so many new 501st folks (the German Garrison :) and loads of other troopers)
    It was great.
    My only complaint is that it was too short. I wish it could have gone a lot longer. I would have liked to meet more 501st member, costumers, celebs, fans, and other people. But between everyone in the 501st, I think we did cover all of the bases.

I am so glad I GOT ARMOR and had the opportunity to do this!

5. DelReyPublicity

DelReyPublicity Del Rey Asst. Director of Publicity star 1 VIP

May 13, 2002
    Just wanted to throw in our own thank you to the 501st for the amazing job they did handling our author signing crowd control during SW Celebration II, not just at the Del Rey Book booth, but also while our authors were signing at the SUncoast booth around the corner. A huge bow of gratitude to all the guys who worked these events, and a special thank youto Tim Knapp and Albin Johnson. The gang from the 501st rocks!

Cheers!

Colleen Lindsay
    Del Rey Publicity Manager

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I have to agree. The 501st were much more helpful than the hired staff, who seemed to know nothing. I bet if I asked one of the Wizards people where his nose was he'd start scrounging for a map.

Still, I think the troopers were much friendlier than the officers for some reason. Maybe it's just the uniforms, but their attitude really came off rather Gestapo-esque.

Then there was that big, bald, beefy, helmetless Imperial Guard who took charge of David Prowse's autograph line on Sunday. He was scary. I realize he had a job to do, but I felt that the yelling was a bit much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.