main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A bit early, but still: Croatia as a FFE meeting 2006

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by SithSpawn69, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Hard Venom :p

Well, Amon showed me some pictures a while back of Croatia and I looked at some pictures of Opatija last night, and lo and behold I managed to write some lyrics today after 3 months with writer's block. So I guess the enchantments were inspiring :p

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    [image=http://www.photocroatia.com/wallpaper/Opatija/OPATIJA_3_1024.jpg]
    Opatija by the sea.

If that inspired you, than you should visit Halls of Barbara Celjska, the Black Queen, in North Croatia. :p

Rojc is an abandoned building in Pula used for practije chambers for musicians, gathering of metalheads on weekends and rock/punk/metal concerts. It is pronunced like German word Roitz.

3. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Heh, you had me thinking it was a city!

And Black Queen, hmm. Any relation to one Countess Bathory? :p

4. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    No, Opatija is a city. Well, more a town than a city. It is very close to the sea, that is one of the things that makes it so enchanting. Amon's picture is in fact an alley. :p Opatija is very close to my home city, so I know almost every part of it.

I found a picture of a part of the town, but it doesn't show all of its beauty very well. It is the best photo I could find, though:
    Opatija
    This is what the most buildings look like:
    Villa Opat

You should ask amon more about the Black Queen. I know only that such a person existed, but I don't know how she got the nickname.

5. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    No, I meant Amon had me fooled into thinking that Rojc was a city :p

6. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Nice pictures of Opatija. I've been there only once, but town is beautiful.

I haven't heard of Rojc. It must be a local thing. I've heard of a guy named Rojc. Some famous guy in history; Karlo Rojc. Amarth, does that have to do with anything?

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The Black Queen was actualy a smart woman on a powerful position who practiced Alchemy (hence the nickname). She was also interested in Astronomy which annoyed the Church, but due to her royal status they couldn't burn her or anything. [face_devil] :)
    I havn't been to her Halls, I only heard that they exist somewhere in North Croatia.

The building is actualy called Fort of Karlo Rojc, but I have no iddea who this guy was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.