main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL A bit Off-Topic: Hoping to Commission SW Costume for Toddler Son - Chicago Area Costumers Help!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DARTH-XAVIER, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    Hope it's not a violation of forum rules. There really wasn't a topic covered like this. I posted over in the costuming forum, but I feel I really want to go with somebody local.

I really, really want to dress my 16-month old son in something Star Wars related for Halloween. I've narrowed it down to Han Solo or Obi-Wan Kenobi (prequel-era).

Any costumers willing to help? Preferably in the Chicagoland area, but if not, I can send measurements via e-mail and pay via PayPal.

I'd like to have the costume in hand before October 27th. I am not looking for ultra detail, just get-the-point across quality. Rubies' smallest sizes are 4 and he wears a 2T or 24 months. I've tried Google searches, eBay, and all manner of forums with no success. Rubies does have toddler/infant costumes, but only 4: Leia, Vader, Chewie, and Yoda. Leia is out for obvious reasons. My son's cousin will be Vader this year and we'll be doing a group outing so we don't want costume conflicts. Yoda and Chewie don't do it for me. I really want a Jedi outfit or a Han outfit. I will work this out with the seamstress/tailer/costumer that takes up my order.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Let me know.

Hector

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    This sounds like such a cute project...
    but...
    I think that you might have waited too long...
    I would have been up for making a mini Obi-Wan but with the killer schedule that I already have...well...there simply isn't enough time for me to take this on....

There are a few ladies who might see this posted here...and I will send your info to a couple others...but...
    as I said...
    I think it might be a little late...

3. DARTH-XAVIER

Mar 29, 2001

Any help you could provide would be really appreciate it. Like I said, I don't need a drop-dead stunning costume.

I was more than willing to go with an off-the-shelf item, but there just isn't anything in my son's size.

If a mini-Han is easier to do, then that's good, too. Anybody that can help me out or forward to somebody who might be interested?

We can negotiate a price that would cover: materials, workmanship & time, and shipment.

Thanks!

Hector

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    What if you get dark blue baby pants and sew a red ribbon down the side seam for Han Pants and put him in a white shirt. I can't imagine a vest (or a little jacket with the sleeves removed) could be too hard to find with the several weeks you have left.

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    You could use something like this.

http://www.buycostumes.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18889&PCatID=childcostumes&ccatid=childbaby

Just drop the Yoda "hat".

6. DARTH-XAVIER

Mar 29, 2001
    Bobafemme, Darthgoat:

Those are actually both pretty damn good ideas! Thanks! I'm leaning toward the Han idea while my wife likes the idea of customizing that Yoda costume.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Hector

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    That Yoda is soooooooo cute...
    I think that would be the way to go.....infants really grow out of things soooooo fast...that it would be pointless to put too much money into the costume.

I heard back from two women that I e-mailed to see if they were interested....and both were already up to their eyeballs in projects...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.