main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Blue Pearl

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Diamondquill, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamondquill

Diamondquill Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    Author: Diamondquill
    Time/Universe: Obi's 19 and this is an AU!
    Charecters: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Nadia Kania [Naa-di-ah Ka-nai-ah] ~Sorry about that, I'm perticular about names!~
    Genre: Humor, Romance, action/adventure
    Summary: When her former master dies on a mission, the jedi-council agree upon Nadia Kania becoming Qui-Gon's second apprentice for a short time and Obi-Wan is out to make this hot new girl his own as all three of them go to Bakinda to finish the started mission.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Prologue:
    ?She?s going to be my second apprentice for a few months while we finish off the mission she and Master Kand have started.?

?She?s hot!?

There was a sudden silence in which Qui-Gon looked at his apprentice in a ?what-did-you-say?? sort of way. Obi-Wan, realizing what he just said, shut his mouth quickly. When Qui-Gon continued to give him that piercing look, Obi-Wan stammered, ?Y-you can tell! She?um?likes the cold, you see, she-she told me so yesterday!?

?Oh, you must be referring to when you asked her out after knowing her for exactly thirty seconds!? Qui-Gon said turning to him in the hallway with his arms crossed. ?Yes, she told me all about the five-minute date. How many drinks did you have before she arrived at that Alderanian pub? Oh, I can?t remember for the life of me!? He put on an expression of mock question.

?Believe me, master, you?re probably better off not knowing,? Obi-Wan replied guiltily.

?You know, I?ll take your word for it,? Qui-Gon nodded, turned around and began walking immediately.

The rest of their walk to the mess hall was spent in silence.

Obi-Wan fell back onto his bed, groaning after the long day consisting of many unimpressive chores including convincing a bartender that one of his Kabish costumers had said ?A wee? murdeh yea? waiph? not ?I will murder your wife?. After translating the customer?s comment, the bartender realized that the former soldier of the Kabish army had simply asked him for four more drinks, addressing him politely as ?Mr. Bartender, sir.? By that time, Obi-Wan had been ready to cosh the bartender around his head and had sworn twice to find him the finest of Kabish tutors in the galaxy.

He now fell asleep immediately (at an approximate time of one o?clock) and dreamt of Nadia as one of the slave girls in a Hutt?s palace when he ran in to save her. He cut through her chains with his light saber and killed everyone. When he turned back, Nadia was smiling at him, breathless, saying, ?Obi-Wan!?

?Obi-Wan!?

?Yes, Dee, I love you too!?

?He?s alive, what a pity!? Nadia muttered. She looked around for a way to wake him up and saw the glass of water on his bedside table. She brought it to her hand using the Force and flung the ice-cold water into his face.

?What?? Obi-Wan sat up straight in his bed, panting, and looked around, completely lost. He then saw her, smiling sweetly down at him with his glass of wat?well, glass in her hand. ?Thank you for the shower-in-bed!? He said smiling back up at her.

?Oh, you?re welcome,? She replied putting the glass back down on his table. ?Sorry it must be so short. We have a ship to catch in five minutes.?

Obi-Wan cursed under his breath and then looked back up at her. ?Do you mind?? He asked her politely nodding at the door.

?No, be my guest,? Nadia replied waving at the door.

Obi-Wan stared at her.

?Master Jinn was expecting you sooner, you know,? Nadia said to him and left the room. Obi-Wan changed quickly and hurried downstairs, knowing what Nadia had meant by that. Sure enough, Qui-Gon was glaring at him disapprovingly all through their trip to Bakinda.

2. Diamondquill

Diamondquill Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    Chapter One:

Obi-Wan wondered what had suddenly happened to him that morning. He put his thoughts into words in the conversation he was having with his friend, Demlen, over the com-link.

?I don?t know what came over me, Derm, I mean, there she was standing over me, and I went on scowling and groaning and--?

?Hey, these stuff happen, man!? Demrlen replied cheerfully. ?It?s no big deal! I?ve made a total jerk, idiot, fool, and exectra of myself in front of Master Billabi!?

?Yeah? Well, she hasn?t dated you yet, my friend!?

?No?but I think she?s softening up, Ben,? Dermlen replied.

?She sent you flying into a garbage can when you tried to kiss her hand in the Jedi Council, Derm,? Obi-Wan pointed out. He thought for a few seconds and added, ?You know what, you must be right. Compared to what she did to you before, the garbage can was an okay punishment.?

?Alright, nobody needs to know about that time, right--?

?What did she do??

Obi-Wan turned off his com-link immediately and whirled around in one of the only furninture in the room, a wooden chair.

Nadia stood there, wearing that too-sweet smile on her face. ?Hi!?

?What?re you doing here?? Obi-Wan asked her in what he hoped was a polite voice.

?Room service! Message from Master Jinn. He wants us in the cockpit in ten minutes?we?re landing soon?and if you?re wondering how I got in, your door?s busted.?

Obi-Wan felt like cursing loudly and fluently but before that, he swore to kick his master?s butt the first chance he got. ?I?ll fix it,? he said more to himself than anyone else.

?Oh, pity. No more chances of catching you in conversation with this Dumbbell guy, I guess,? Nadia said and sighed.

?Dermlen,? Obi-Wan corrected her. He swore never to ask her how much of their conversation she heard.

So he asked her when she came into the room.

?Around the garbage can,? Nadia replied.

Obi-Wan almost sighed in relief but he held it at bay. ?How much longer are you going to stay??

?Oh, I?m leaving right about now.?

?Before you go, can I ask you something??

Nadia?s eyes narrowed. ?What??

?There?s a nice place on Bakinda, they serve Commenorian stuff. Since you didn?t like the Alderanian specials, will you join me at the restaurant tomorrow??

?I?d probably do well taking a leaf out of Master Billabi?s book,? Nadia replied. She then sent another glass of water into his face from the table, turned around and left. A bit sooner than she expected, she heard Obi-Wan shout, ?Is that a ?yes? or a ?no??? after her. She didn?t reply, just continued down to the cockpit with a smile on her face.

?Did you want to ask me something, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan looked up at his master, one notch away from glaring.

?Obviously, yes,? Qui-Gon answered himself.

?What?s wrong with the door to that small room you gave me??

?It has lost its locking system when the only equipment other than thw wash-basin in there, the desk, crashed into it. Master Windu was trying to dodge a bounty-hunter on his last mission, you see,? Qui-Gon replied, his eyes on the starless sky outside as they dropped out of hyperspace. ?I thought you would realize that it was broken before long, why??

Obi-Wan sighed and decided not to answer as Nadia entered the cockpit just at that moment.

Bakinda was a very busy planet with no speed limits and zero police-forces, a small system of semi-civilized people close to the state of the Lower Sections of Coruscaunt but a good few notches away. Obi-Wan wondered how they were going to find the bad guys in this mess. It was near impossible, like finding a flashing red light in the flashing red lights which would?ve been easy if they weren?t looking for a particular ?flashing red light?.

Obi-Wan sighed happily?it wasn?t their job to do this; they were just the doups?partial doups. Until the right time (chosen by Qui-Gon), all Obi-Wan and Nadia were supposed to do is act like they were the ones on the mission and there wasn?t a man?or any individual from other species?by the name of Qui-Gon Jinn existed in the galax

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good work. I liked the dialogue, and the Starwars feeling of planets, robots and Jedi was there.

I loved the ending - a terrific blend of creating tension, but with a touch of humour.

Keep up the good work.

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Good job with your story :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.