main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Boy and His Droids - Mustafar AU (Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2D2, & C3PO) - Updated 3/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lovely-in-Orange, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Title: A Boy and His Droids
    Author: Lovely-in-Orange
    Timeframe: RotS
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2D2, & C3PO (& various others)
    Genre: AU, Drama, Humor, Angst, Action
    Summary: A trio of friends stand between Anakin and the darkside.
    Author Note: This story takes place near the end of RotS on Mustafar - immediately after Obi-Wan kneels to check on Padme.

Nominated for Best Short Story and Best Non-Human (Artoo)

"Don't make me kill you, Obi-Wan."

At that moment, a familiar chorus of frantic beeping was heard. Anakin paused, taken by surprise. Artoo rolled in and positioned himself between Anakin and Obi-Wan and the beeps began to sound more like he was fussing at Anakin.

"Out of the way Artoo, I don't want to hurt you," said Anakin. How strange those words seemed to him after he had hurt so many.

Artoo obediently moved out of the way and the fallen Jedi returned his focus to Obi-Wan. He reached for his lightsaber as the Jedi Master rose to face him. Suddenly he was nudged from behind in the back of his legs by a very, very stubborn droid. Obi-Wan stood still, watching to see what sort of effect the fearless astromech would have on his old friend.

Anakin was at a loss. He'd been prepared that he might have to fight his former master. And he had feared Padme might turn against him ever since Palpatine had warned him about her. But he'd never imagined that Artoo...

Artoo whistled loudly and insistently. He kept pushing Anakin towards Padme and sounded more and more frustrated as the long seconds passed.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

C3PO!!! GET YOUR GOLDEN <untranslatable> OUT HERE!!! PADME NEEDS YOU!!!
    Threepio heard Artoo calling to him. He really should ignore such a rude request. It was perfectly clear that the humans wanted to have a private and highly personal conversation or Miss Padme would not have told him to stay on board. Besides, it was dangerous out there. But, on the other hand, if they did need his help he really ought to go.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Threepio appeared at the top of the ramp. As he caught sight of Anakin, he said in his usual fussy voice, "Oh master Anakin, it is so wonderful to see you again. I am so terribly sorry to interrupt, but it's all Artoo's fault. He said that I had to tell you that Miss Padme needs you to help her." The golden droid looked around for Padme and on seeing her laying unconscious on the ground said, "Oh dear, what has happened to Miss Padme?"

"She brought her own help here to kill me," Anakin said darkly.

"Oh, if I may say so master Anakin. She would not allow any humans to come with her, despite Captain Typho's very kind offer to help keep her safe. Master Kenobi must have come on board without telling us. He was very worried about her and I can hardly blame him. This does not seem the sort of place that anyone should visit. But, it is strange that he never told us he was there. Usually he is always so polite."

Artoo whistled again and Threepio replied to him, "Of course I'm going to tell him that she needs medical attention. I was just getting to that part. And I don't think he needs to be reminded that she's pregnant. He has an excellent memory for a human." Threepio looked back to Anakin, "He also says you have to save her."

Hearing the droids argue with each other seemed like something from another life to Anakin. Unlike everyone else, they hadn't changed. They were just trying to be helpful to he and Padme like always. But they didn't understand. No one did. When he spoke again the words came out angry and as frustrated as Artoo sounded, "Save her? SAVE her? What does he think I've been trying to do all this time?!"

Obi-Wan watched silently. Anakin's words had revealed something he had not completely understood until now. What if the only power Anakin had been lured by had been the power to save his love from some dark fate? He had always struggled with his fears of losing those he loved - more

2. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Great beginning! I like how you twisted the fight on Mustafar by using Artoo and Threepio.

jazz

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Go R2! He saves the day, yet again!

Great start. Looking forward to more.

4. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    i'm watching and reading this with interest...goldrenrod is funny as usual but here so smart as well

great work

more of this please..

5. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *hugs her favorite droid duo* Wonderful, wonderful droids, you are! Both of you!

Lovely-in-Orange, this is an awesome start for an AU! Artoo and Threepio avert the duel on Mustafar! I wonder how much of a difference they have managed to save...

Excellent job! :) Can't wait for more!

AQ

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    What an interesting twist on things. I loved that Artoo told Anakin what for. [face_laugh] =D=

7. windu-the-warrior

windu-the-warrior Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    some more please...u can't leave now!!

8. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    i love r2 and 3po in this!! need more!!!

10. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Very interesting and original!! Keep it up!

11. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    This story looks great!!!, and I do have to say I wanted someone to hit Anakin!!, so that he could get back to his senses!!!, love that is R2!!! I'm thinking... are you going to make this before or after what happened at the temple??, if you could move the times that'll be great!! I was so sad after the younglings and everything :(.
    Anyway, I want more!! :) be well and take care.

12. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Will this be all of the story? Just a brief glance into what could have been? This one post is great as it is, but it would be even better if it had more! It's an excellent beginning! :)

AQ

13. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Jazz Thanks! I always like to see more of that pair. :)

FelsGoddess Our heroes would never have gotten anywhere without R2.

son-of-kenobi Thanks, I thought that part of Anakin's problem was that he made things too complex and let his worries consume him so that threepio's simpler point of view might help him.

AQ Thank you. And when I started writing this it was going to be a one-shot, but it turned out better than I expected and I'm now working on it being longer.

Sara_Kenobi That was my favorite part to right. :)

windu-the-warrior I'll keep working on it. I've thought up a fun ending.

lightsaver I'll try and get the next chapter up soon. :)

darksideyesplease Thanks, the droid duo are fun to write. :)

Ladynaye Thanks! I'll keep working on it.

Erin_21 I agree, I desperately wanted someone to knock some sense into Anakin. This is all going to be after what happened at the temple. Even though I was really sad at that part too, I want to explore whether or not he can find a way to redeem and forgive himself.

To all: If anyone wants PMs when I update, just let me know either by PMing me or replying here. This was supposed to be short when I wrote it, but now I've had some plot bunnies to make it into something longer. And all of your kind words have encouraged me too. :)

14. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    this is a long fic right???

15. thelonelyewok

thelonelyewok Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Great start. I'm actually liking 3 cpo for a change. Pls PM me when ya update thanks.

16. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Pm Please

17. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Goldenrod!!! :D
    Wonderful to see you!

I am reading it.

18. YellowDart

YellowDart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    Awwww! I love Artoo and Threepio! Great beginning. I love it.

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was a wonderful turn of events. I loved the inclusion of the droids - I think you captured them perfectly!

Yes, I would like a PM when you update this one. The boards are so busy right now it's hard to keep up...

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This defintley deserve an up.:)

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Good begining ! The dialoge of the driods is true to character. I would like to follow this . Please PM me when you update. thanks

22. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    You just gotta love R2!!! Please PM when you post, I'm hooked!

23. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Those droids are so cool!!! Talk about putting them in the spotlight. Hurray for R2 being so gutsy. You can always rely him. lol. Your twist in the plotline is wonderful. Please keep me posted if you update in the future. (and if no one has told you this already, you really should expand on this twist. There;s so much potential.)

- Rachel

24. DarthBrian82

DarthBrian82 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    Great Start More

25. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    The droids have always been very loyal to those they call their masters. the interaction here was very cool indeed!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.