main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Boy and His Droids - Mustafar AU (Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2D2, & C3PO) - Updated 3/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lovely-in-Orange, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I really love this story! =D= Can you PM me when you update? Thanks!

2. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thank you for the update!

I understand his reasoning, but it's very sad. To feel you have to leave behind your loved ones for their own safety, what a hard yet mature decision for Anakin to make. Atleast he'll have Obi-wan and Artoo wiht him.

Please keep me on the list!!!

3. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    "Hmmm... Become so very wise, you have? Know what I am going to say, you do not." Yoda tapped his cane against the ground for emphasis. His tone had softened into something more thoughtful when he spoke again, however. "A deal with you I would make. Protect your family, I will. But protect our friend, you must."

"You mean, Obi-Wan?" Anakin asked, looking unsure of what to make of Yoda's words. He had been expecting a lecture or warning of some kind. Besides, he was leaving without Obi-Wan.

Yoda tapped Artoo with his cane, which resulted the little droid making an indignant noise and wheeling himself back a safe distance. "Mean this shiny bucket, I do not. Take care of himself, he can."

hey!!! shiny bucket??!! have you looked at yourself at the mirror, smurf???:mad:

So Obi is goin with Ani, are the going to find Palpatine? please, I want Ani with his family,please!

4. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    I love Yoda in this fiction. He is so sarcastic with Anakin! I guess after 900 years he deserves to be listened. I wonder if he likes R2. They weren't exactly friends in the movies. Thanks for the PM, and please send many more.

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm glad I decided to click and read this! I love it and I'll wait patiently for a new post, no matter how long it takes. :)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I LOVE every word of this, but this passage struck me as particularly poignant -

Perhaps he could run and hide from Palpatine. But he could not hide from Darth Vader. Nor could he hide from the part of him that had been a Jedi. He began unfolding the clothes and putting them on. He would not forget what he had done. On many worlds, black was the color of death and of mourning. It seemed fitting somehow.

How true! :_|

=D=

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great story.

8. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    This is a great story. Can you please PM me when you update?

9. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *laughs* You bet Artoo can take care of himself. He's been doing it for a long time! And he's smarter than the lot of them! [face_batting] [face_batting] *hugs Artoo*

Great chapter, LiO! Glad to see that Anakin is beginning to recognize his own stupidity. And I'm also glad that Yoda pointed out that Obi-Wan isn't going to be letting Anakin out of his sight any time soon. Bad things happen when he does. :rolleyes: *whacks Anakin*

Again, excellent job! :) =D= =D=

AQ

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm glad that he's really realized that he is Darth Vader and has to take responsibility for his actions. Some other person did not do those horrible things - he did.

Great job on him not talking to Padme or holding his kids. He needs to atone! Loved his little talk with Yoda as well. So sneaky Obi-Wan is going with him.

I look forward to more.

11. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    More soon please!

12. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Oh man, this fic r0x my socks. It's just the right mix of funny and sad--and so original too! :D

*joins in the more more more chant*

13. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    =D= yes! the update has arrived!
    so glad anakin and obi are goin together
    thanks for the pm
    - Aden

14. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    Great update! I'd forgotten about this story! What a great refresher.

I cant wait for the next update.

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Oh my goodness, have I told you lately how much I love this story? I love the characterization of the droids! They're wonderful!

Yoda tapped Artoo with his cane, which resulted the little droid making an indignant noise and wheeling himself back a safe distance. "Mean this shiny bucket, I do not. Take care of himself, he can."

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Update soon!!!

16. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I am glad Obi Wan is accompaning Anakin. Anakin comes up with stupid thinking when left to himself. He is too emotional and impatient. Yoda will take good care of pademe and the children. SO what's next?

17. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    This is an interesting fic. I look forward to reading more.

18. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    jpauln I'm glad you liked it! I'll keep you posted.

HandmaidenVeme Thank you for reading. I think it would be a really hard choice for him. He really wanted to stay.

michaellover I think Artoo may come up with a few names to call Yoda! :D I think we'll see Obi in the next part.

MasterEnder I'm glad you liked Yoda in this. I always suspected he secretly found it funny to get to fight like a little kid with Artoo in ESB. I'm not sure Artoo felt quite the same though!

Jedi_liz Thank you very much! I'm hoping I can keep pretty close to weekly postings with this now.

VL Thank you! That's my favorite part too I think. And not just because my Jedi the black clothes! ;)

sdhfs Thanks!

ANAKINSBABY I'm glad you liked it and I'll add you to the PM list.

AQ Anakin does always get into trouble without Obi-Wan and Artoo. [face_laugh]

dianethx I'm glad you liked that he didn't talk to them. I actually started writing them talking before he left, but it just didn't feel like they were ready for that.

Ladynaye I'm working on the next part. :D

ThePariah Thank you! My favorite stories usually combine humor and sadness, so hopefully I can continue to keep a good mix.

aden You're welcome!

SBD-518 I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Inara Thank you! The droids are a lot of fun to write. :)

obsessedwithSW We all need friends to knock some sense into us sometimes. I hope to have another post up this week.

Farra_sti Thanks!

19. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
  20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Asking nicely for an update. Soon? [face_praying]

21. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Nice story!

LOL, Artoo saving the day again! Got to love the droids. :p Love Yoda's bit of humor too, even after everything that's already happened. Anakin should know better than to try sneaking away. Obi-Wan knows him too well.

Please add me to your pm list, thanks! Hope to see more soon!

22. Lovely-in-Orange

Apr 21, 2005
    aden and VL Update will be soon!

Jedi_Tigris Thanks! I think Yoda sometimes is good at figuring out when a little humor is the healthiest thing. :)

Thank you all for my nominations. It really means a lot to me and I get a silly grin every time I look at the list. :D[:D]

23. Lovely-in-Orange

Apr 21, 2005
    Chapter 4: Lost and Found

Anakin entered the ship with Artoo following closely behind. The interior of the ship had been designed to suit Alderaanian preferences. Everything he could see in the corridor and main cabin area was a pristine white. Everything that is, but the golden protocol droid standing in front of him.

?Threepio, I?m not so sure that you should come with me. It will be very dangerous.?

At the word dangerous, Threepio jerked his upper torso backwards slightly and raised his lower arms ? the droid approximation of a flinch. ?Dangerous? Oh dear. But I should be glad to be of service to you if you need me. Master Kenobi suggested that my extensive knowledge of languages might be useful.?

Anakin looked off towards the cockpit, where he knew Obi-Wan would likely be sitting. It seemed strange that he would ask Threepio to come along. It was not as if the Jedi ever really brought protocol droids on missions. Obi-Wan spoke numerous languages very well. If he spent any length of time around a certain species or culture, his sensitivity to through the Force usually allowed him to learn their language. Obi-Wan had made some attempt to teach him to be able to do the same, but he had never really developed that talent. According to him, it was something about needing to learn how to listen to things that were not mechanical.

And then there was the issue that Obi-Wan had planned out to have the ship ready and everything for him. He supposed he should not be surprised that Obi-Wan could guess his moves. He knew him well.

?Master Anakin? Is there something else that you wish for me to do?? Threepio asked anxiously.

He looked back at Threepio. The droid always seemed to think it was his fault somehow if he stopped talking to stare off, absorbed in his thoughts. He tried to sound reassuring as he told him, ?I just need to talk with Obi-Wan. Perhaps you can give Artoo a tour of the ship before we have to take off.?

?Of course, I shall do that right away. Come along, Artoo.? The pair made their way towards the back of the ship. Anakin spared them a brief glance and then went to join Obi-Wan.

Master Kenobi sat in navigator?s seat, leaning forward to study the readouts on one of the control panels carefully. But he was not concentrating so hard as to miss his approach. He sat up and turned to look at him. Anakin looked at him uncertainly, but then Obi-Wan broke the awkwardness of the moment with a faint smile.

?I see it did not take you long to find just the right ship.?

?It was the only one that wasn?t instantly recognizable as Senator Organa?s ship. At least of those that were decently armed. I had Artoo check.?

?Ah yes, Artoo. He and I talked last night,? Obi-Wan said casually, as if he spoke with the droid on a regular basis. He continued in a more serious tone, ?We didn?t want you to leave here without us.?

Anakin shook his head. ?I should go alone. It?s safer that way for everyone. I think he might be able to find me??

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?I always end up in trouble whenever we?re split up. Really, I think I?d be safer to go with you.?

?And you don?t get into trouble when we?re together?? Anakin half-heartedly tried to argue. He knew it was useless. Obi-Wan had made up his mind last night. And much as Anakin wanted to keep his stubborn old master out of harm?s way, he felt relieved that he was here.

?It?s possibly more efficient this way.? Obi-Wan smiled with just a hint of mischief.

At that moment, the ship was filled with the sound of an excited astromech droid. Seconds later, Artoo returned to the main cabin swiveling his dome around and continued to make plenty of noise.

?What is it Artoo?? Anakin asked, curious about what had gotten him so excited.

?He must have found the starship that I have stowed away back there??

?Starship??

?Yes from our old friend, General Grievous.?

At this, Artoo made a disgusted noise.

Obi-Wan looked over at the little droid. ?Well perhaps friend is not quite the right

24. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    ?You lost it, didn?t you? You lost your lightsaber.?

PAYBACK!!! FINALLY!!!!

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is safer for them to be together. I'm sure Anakin will be ribbing Obi about the lost lightsaber for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.