main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Boy and His Droids - Mustafar AU (Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2D2, & C3PO) - Updated 3/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lovely-in-Orange, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??But you hate blasters. Why would you shoot him unlessÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦Ã?¢ââ??¬ï¿½

Obi-Wan, looked uncomfortable. Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??Well, IÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦Ã?¢ââ??¬ï¿½

Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??You lost it, didnÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t you? You lost your lightsaber.Ã?¢ââ??¬ï¿½

[face_laugh]

I love that scene in the ROTS book by Stover.
    "Without your lightsabre, you may not have a later."[face_laugh]

This was a great update!

2. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Liked the lightsaber jab at Obi-Wan! Tsk tsk... he's supposed to be the responsible Master. :p

Well done!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor Obi-Wan! Anakin found out about that little lightsaber incident! :p A lovely post, as always! =D=

4. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I'm glad to see this updated! Thanks for the pm :)

Poor Obi-Wan, letting the cat out of the bag. He'll be sure to keep an extra careful eye on his saber now; should Anakin ever be there if he lost it again... [face_laugh]

It is good to see them smiling after everything that?s occurred. I can't wait to see what happens next!

5. Amivane

Amivane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    ?You lost it, didn?t you? You lost your lightsaber.?

Obi-Wan crossed his arms across his chest. ?I might have dropped it temporarily. But I had a perfectly good reason. I was very busy at the time. And I did find it again.?

jajajajajajaja [face_laugh] [face_laugh] payback indeed!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] jajaja
    and it was a very nice moment between them :)

nicely done =D= please PM when update;) :p

6. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    What is C3PO along for? Artoo has been Anakin's companion but 3Po is usually only in the story for comic relief.DOes he have a bigger purpose here? Anakin finding out about the lightsaber was classic Anakin- Obi Wan quips. I enjoyed it!

7. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    HA HA!! Obi lost his lightsaber!!!

8. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Now Obi-wan that weapon is your life!! Heh..heh...I think Anakin will be reminding him of that for a long time!

I'm glad Obi-wan is going with Anakin...I just hope they both return safely.

Thanks for the pm!

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    He'll never let Obi-Wan live that one down. After all the lectures, it's payback and, oh how sweet it is!

Great job. Love the banter.

10. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Leave it to Obi-wan to help Anakin snap out of his somber mood.

11. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Poor Obiwan. Stuck being therapy for Anakin. I'me glad they're taking 3po with them. It wouldn't be Star Wars without him.

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh Obi-Wan, Anakin is never going to let you live that down! I do have to wonder if he did that on purpose though, to get some of that old familiarity back and help Anakin heal. And I love how Obi-Wan was talking to Artoo as if he's always done that. :D

Wonderful once again! Thanks for the pm, and congratulations on the nominations! =D=

13. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    michaellover He couldn't resist teasing him about that. :D

RebelMom Let's hope so! [face_worried]

aden I did too, I was sad to realize that in canon Anakin wouldn't have a chance to tease Obi-Wan back.

corellian-jedi But but, there were extenuating circumstances! :D

VL Thank you!

jpauln Hee, Anakin might never stop talking about it if it happened a second time.

Amivane Thank you very much, I'll add you to the pm list!

obsessedwithSW
    There's a bigger purpose for C3PO to be along too. ;)

Ladynaye
    Glad to make you laugh! :)

ANAKINSBABY I hope so too! [face_worried]

dianethx Thanks! :D

HandmaidenVeme
    He's good at that.

MasterEnder Hey what are ex-masters for. I'm glad you like 3PO too. :)

Jedi_Tigris I'm suspicious of whether he did it on purpose or not too. And thank you!

14. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Chapter 5: Plans and Programs

A myriad of ships floated in orbit over the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk. Instead of black, the space around the planet was filled with the white, gray, and red of the ships. The hulls of ships belonging to the Confederacy and their Trandoshan allies drifted through the area as well. More than one battle had been fought on and above Kashyyyk in the past several days. The markings of the Republic were still painted on all the ships that had survived. It was as though only the Confederacy had been destroyed. There was no sign that the ships waited for another quarry. No sign that they would obliterate the ship that was once their sister if they knew that she carried Jedi of the Republic.

Artoo didn't like it. Not at all. He had run thousands of calculations through his processor. There existed no route that they could take. Given the circumstances, he was not completely averse to taking a dangerous route or going against the statistical odds. The three of them - Anakin, Master Kenobi, and Artoo had done so a number of times before. If they had two star fighters, he might be able to plot a successful course that would give them a chance to slip through the Imperial defenses. It might even be fun. But there were far too many this time. He made mournful sounds at Anakin. Sometimes that worked.

"I see them Artoo. Don't worry, I have a plan." Anakin waited just long enough for Artoo to feel reassured and then added, "At least I think I do."

"What sort of plan would that be?" Master Kenobi had his arms crossed in front of him. He did not sound like he felt comforted by Anakin's reassurances either.

The communications light started to blink a bright blue. The Imperial forces were hailing them.

"The kind you'd try and talk me out of." Without waiting for a response, Anakin reached over and flicked a switch to open communications. He positioned himself in front of the device so that his face would be the only one seen.

A Clone Trooper, wearing the insignia of a communications officer, appeared on the screen. "This is a restricted fly-zone. You must submit proper identification."

"This is Lord Vader, what is your status?" Anakin responded in an icy, mildly annoyed tone that caused Artoo to wonder briefly if he had suddenly been reprogrammed with the personality of an assassin droid. Of course, logic told him that it was a part of the aforementioned plan. But Artoo was not certain that he liked how this plan was going. A look at Master Kenobi told him that he might not be only one who felt uneasy.

"Lord Vader, we have accounted for the bodies of all but two of the Jedi who were on planet. We have received reports that one has been spotted off planet. The second we believe that we may have destroyed, but we are still trying to confirm this. The Wookiees are giving us some difficulties in our search. We can no longer count on them to be loyal to us."

There was no pause in the clonetrooper's response. Artoo was not certain if the others had noticed but it was something that did not add up to him. It should have taken time for them to run a voice recognition program. Or the trooper should have asked for some identification.

"I will see the situation for myself. Have your troopers cease their search and pull back to the main encampment. I will join you in a moment."

Anakin switched off the communications channel and then looked back to the others.

"I don't like it. Why did they just take you at your word?" Master Kenobi apparently had noticed the same problem.

"Because they were trained to accept my authority as being higher than anyone but the Emperor. They know my voice and my face." Anakin turned back to the control console and aimed the ship towards the landing area. When he spoke again, it was in a quieter tone, "He would have planned that way."

"Oh." The Jedi Master paused a moment to process this. He rubbed his beard as if that might help him to think more clearly.

"I could sneak off the ship and find

15. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Threepio now get to show them you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks for the PM!!!

16. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I just love the glimpses into Artoo's perceptions. You give him the proper amount of life he deserves, showing the true Artoo we've come to know and love. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You are making me fall in love with Artoo even more! [face_love] Thank goodness the silly humans have him around to keep them straight! :p

Another wonderful chapter!

I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

18. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Awww.... R2 said he actually likes 3PO! How cute. I hope 3PO can live up to expectations. Well, I guess that won't be to hard considering they aren't very high. It'd be cool if he proved them wrong though. Glad to see and update and hope there are many more!

19. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    R2 really is the smartest of the lot isn't he?! I hope 3P0 does something right for a change or they're all doomed:p

Great update and thanks for the pm!

20. TerrorByte

TerrorByte Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
    I am such an artoo fan. He's been my favorite ever since I saw the movies when I was five.
    The insight into his personality is great, especially his opinion of C3PO. Sometimes I think of him like a small child and then other times he comes off as an old fogey.

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor 3PO always being counted out. I think he'll do fine.

22. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= I love the interaction between Obi Wan and Anakin. Artoo rocks, as usual. Please update me when you post again.

23. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Ahhh! Answered my question you have. A purpose C3Po Has.
    Palpatine would be so presumptious as to have every clone trooper to recognize Anakin as having athority even before he turned!
    Good chapter !

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved the Artoo thoughts. He's quite a character, even if he is metallic. Anakin's plan might work but using 3PO? That seems like overkill- or rather that someone is going to kill the droid before this is done. LOL.

I loved that Anakin knew that Obi-Wan might try and talk him out of his plan. Very funny.

Great job with this. Keep sending me the PMs please.

25. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    What sort of plan would that be?" Master Kenobi had his arms crossed in front of him. He did not sound like he felt comforted by Anakin's reassurances either.

The communications light started to blink a bright blue. The Imperial forces were hailing them.

"The kind you'd try and talk me out of."

Does he ever has any other kind of plan?? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.