main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Boy No Longer: The Path of the Chosen (post-SbS AU, Anakin, Jacen, Jaina) (COMPLETED 1/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EH_Pilot, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Kidan: "A great post as always....but now we have to see what Anakin decides. Is he going to continue his own little war or will he stay an help the Alliance? Decisions....decisions... "

Are those choices any different from each other? [face_thinking]

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal: :D

Thrawn McEwok: Agh! My eyes! A blue Ewok! [face_skull]

"Buy that's not the end of the 'fic, is it...? "

Not quite [face_mischief]

"I like the way that you drew connections between Anakin and Luke, there - I'm thinking of Luke (and Leia) at the end of RotJ - and also the young Han Solo..."

I don't quite agree...

It's difficult to explain, but it's Anakin reaching out beyond the grave to Luke, in a sense. Which makes me like the irony of Jacen's Anakin Solo all the more.

Jedi-Ant: :D Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------

The wedge-shaped Sword of the Jedi loomed in the cockpit viewport like some majestic beast, stalking the empty spaces between the stars. Around it the rest of the Chiss and Hapan fleets formed a protective shell, dwarfed by the mighty Star Destroyer.

Anakin reclined against the seat, closed his eyes, and finally allowed himself to relax.

He still couldn't quite believe that he had made it off the Ralroost alive. He had expected to die eliminating Vergere, somehow. Still, the future was far from decided. It had been months since he had last spoken to, or even seen his parents, and he had left the Ralroost without speaking to either Jacen or Jaina.

Anakin did not feel like confronting them again, after everything they had gone through.

And of course, the Yuuzhan Vong were still out there. War was still raging across the galaxy, though Anakin liked to think he had done his part to turn the tide of war in the galaxy's favor.

That, he thought, would make this all worth it.

"Hey, you awake?" he heard Tahiri ask.

Anakin smiled and turned to his right, to see Tahiri looking right back at him. His smile grew. She was back to her old self.

She was happy.

He leaned across the gap between seats and kissed her, savoring her eager response.

"What was that for?" she asked as he pulled back.

"Nothing," he responded, looking back at the Sword, now only a couple klicks ahead. He had contacted Jag before leaving, so they were already expecting him. No threatening hails or demands for code clearance. Just smooth sailing back home...

"Just for you being you," he finished after a pause.

He wanted to say more, do more. There needed to be some closure to everything he'd gone through since Myrkr. But it wasn't there. It didn't feel like anything was finished. As the gaping maw of the Sword's main hanger grew larger, Anakin couldn't quite shake the feeling he was getting from the Force that something was about to happen.

But he couldn't figure out what.

----------------------------------------

Aclethana sat as close as she dared to get to the infinitesimally thin magnetic field separating the hanger's atmosphere and the oblivion of space, looking down at the starfield and the occasional starship that would pass by.

Standing on the edge like she was felt comforting in a strange way. Plus it was a way for her to watch the busy activity of the hanger bay without getting in the way or making the crew nervous.

Anakin may trust her, in his own bizarre way, but the crew still didn't.

Aclethana looked down at her right hand, slowly and rhythmically clenching and unclenching it, imagining the energy coursing through the mechanical gears that responded to her mind's commands. It fascinated her and repelled her at the same time.

The part of her that Anakin hadn't beaten and tortured out her of screamed in disgust, but it was small and insignificant enough to be ignored.

Somehow... it felt alright.

A shuttle appeared from behind the Star Destroyer and rose up into the hanger bay, it's wings folding upwards as it rose in a graceful motion. A

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    beautifully done! Enjoyed seeing Vergere finally get her comeuppance.....

3. Trayus

Trayus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2006
    I liked it. I liked it a lot. :D

So Anakin ends this story older and wiser than he began it. He's no longer in the thrall of his wrathful emotions- yet he hasn't expressly forsaken the Dark Side, nor has he rejoined the Jedi. And his ties with his family are ambiguous at best.

Destined to stand alone, fighting the enemy at all costs because no one else will... that sounds a little like Revan.

Great story, EH_Pilot.

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Hmm...? So Luke is inspiring Anakin in a tangible way, where Jacen is still misunderstanding/misrepresenting his brother?! [face_thinking]

The wedge-shaped Sword of the Jedi loomed in the cockpit viewport like some majestic beast, stalking the empty spaces between the stars. Around it the rest of the Chiss and Hapan fleets formed a protective shell, dwarfed by the mighty Star Destroyer.

Heh. In case anyone reading thinks Star destroyers are "small"...? :p

Still, the future was far from decided. It had been months since he had last spoken to, or even seen his parents, and he had left the Ralroost without speaking to either Jacen or Jaina.

Yeah, where are Han and Leia?! Sequel? [face_thinking]

Anakin did not feel like confronting them again, after everything they had gone through.

But Tahiri...?! o_O

For a moment, I really thought Aclethana was going to stab Tahiri...

Did the fact that she was a cyborg Yuuzhan Vong mean that Vergere couldn't detect her? [face_thinking]

Despite what she had done to him and his family, Anakin couldn't help but feel sorrow at her passing.

"What a waste"...?

And to Aclethana, that was just fine.

They left her the shuttle?! [face_thinking] :p

There seems to be a slight echo there of That, he thought, would make this all worth it, from earlier...?

But - an excellent ending to a very good 'fic. Thank you! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

5. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    Kidan: Thanks. And congratulations on being the first person I've seen to use the word "comeuppance" in writing. :p

Trayus: "So Anakin ends this story older and wiser than he began it. He's no longer in the thrall of his wrathful emotions- yet he hasn't expressly forsaken the Dark Side, nor has he rejoined the Jedi. And his ties with his family are ambiguous at best."

Bingo :cool:

"Destined to stand alone, fighting the enemy at all costs because no one else will... that sounds a little like Revan."

Quite so.

Then again, if one of my more ridiculous theories is correct, that would actually make more sense than it at first seems [face_whistling]

"Great story, EH_Pilot."

[face_blush]

Thrawn McEwok: "Hmm...? So Luke is inspiring Anakin in a tangible way, where Jacen is still misunderstanding/misrepresenting his brother?!"

Eh... more like stopping the seeds Jacen and Vergere planted in TUF from taking root.

"Heh. In case anyone reading thinks Star destroyers are "small"...?"

I like to think that I'm making sure some things aren't forgotten :p

Despite what some would have us believe.

"Yeah, where are Han and Leia?!"

Han and Leia... were flying around doing what they did, a little more agonized by their son falling to he Dark Side, a little less agonized because he lived. More importantly, they were avoiding me since I can't write them unless I'm about to kill them off.

"Sequel?"

Naah... probably not. Some things are better left untold. And there's really not much left to write.

"For a moment, I really thought Aclethana was going to stab Tahiri... "

That was precisely what I hoped would be thought. :D

"Did the fact that she was a cyborg Yuuzhan Vong mean that Vergere couldn't detect her?"

Indeed.

""What a waste"...?"

No, that would be too much pity. He doens't pity Vergere; he hates her. But behind that hate there's a certain degree of... respect, if you will.

"They left her the shuttle?!"

Nope. They just left her. Aclethana isn't going anywhere, and she certainly isn't about to leave Anakin.

"There seems to be a slight echo there of That, he thought, would make this all worth it, from earlier...?"

Yeah, you're right. Their feelings in that regard aren't all that far apart, mainly due to her torture at his hand.

"But - an excellent ending to a very good 'fic. Thank you!"

*bows* You're welcome

:p

Watch out for my next 'fic!

6. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great story, please pm if you've got anymore coming.

7. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    So, is Anakin now magically Anakin again or is he still channeling Vader? Is he Sith, Dark Jedi, or something else?

PM me on Sequel please!

8. Imperial-Hippy

Imperial-Hippy Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Fantastic! really enjoyed reading this fic, captured everything i loved about this period in the star wars timeline and much much more. Also loved teh simularites you drew between anakin and reven if only subtle ones. Two of my favoret characters, proberly explains why i liked your version of Anakin so much.

well done. oh and can you pm me if you have any more stories coming out. would very much like to read them.

9. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    sdhfs: I'll let you know when it comes out ;)

SHADOW_MASTER_W: "So, is Anakin now magically Anakin again or is he still channeling Vader? Is he Sith, Dark Jedi, or something else?"

In a sense, he is magically Anakin again, but the story simply doesn't end conclusively enough to know for sure (which, in turn has to do with what little I think there is left to tell). Leave that part to your imagination.

Personally, I see him more as post-ROTS Vader lucky enough to have his Padme come back to life.

"PM me on Sequel please!"

I'll try and remember that. For clarification, PM for a sequel to this story, or just a new 'fic?

Imperial-Hippy: "Fantastic! really enjoyed reading this fic, captured everything i loved about this period in the star wars timeline and much much more. Also loved teh simularites you drew between anakin and reven if only subtle ones. Two of my favoret characters, proberly explains why i liked your version of Anakin so much."

:D

"well done. oh and can you pm me if you have any more stories coming out. would very much like to read them."

I'll be sure to keep you informed. :)

10. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    PM's on any new stories please.

11. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey Pilot.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, but like others, I'd like to say this was a great piece of work. Particularly the way you've left it open ended, so there is still so many ways for it to continue growing.

BTW, do you have anything you are working on at the moment, or are you looking for bunnies? I posted on the plot bunnies thread recently - it may be something that interests you.

12. EH_Pilot

Dec 12, 2003
    SHADOW_MASTER_W: Sure.

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal: "like others, I'd like to say this was a great piece of work. Particularly the way you've left it open ended, so there is still so many ways for it to continue growing."

"BTW, do you have anything you are working on at the moment, or are you looking for bunnies?"

As a matter of fact, I am working on something at the moment. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.