main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    *shakes her head sadly*

but not me..

it seems more and more that i made a sort of good decision..all my finals are take home's which means i better put a craap load of work into it!!!

as for indy..(Lil_Lisa) you should watch them..Harrison is incredible in everything he does (even if it is something as bad as 6 days 7 nights)....:)
    and Indy movies are awesome!!!

is mr Shamalyam doing the script? i thought it didn't work out..

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :( I'm so sorry that you can't go to Celebration II Priya. I was so hoping to meet you again.

Is anyone here (besides me) going to go for sure?

"They have a story for an Indy 4, which George Lucas, Harrison and Steven have been working toward," spokesman Marvin Levy tells E! Online, but he insists, they don't have a script."

Kinda figured that one. ;)

How ironic... I just watched Raiders on Tuesday. :D

Kat, good luck on trying to get a job. :)

3. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    I know..but hey! that makes me look forward to "Celebration III" right? b/c they've had 2 so far there ought to be a good one in a few years :)

hehe
    you can get me autographs though :)

4. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    I just can't seem to finangle a trip to Celebration. My current job is so up in the air with layoffs looming overhead and I'm very actively looking and interviewing for new jobs. If I go to a new job they may not let me have that time off. Its best if I just not plan to go.

This is cool. They enhanced our email at work so we can now get return receipt from any email system. I sent you guys that "I believe in miracles" email and when JD got his, I got the receipt right away. It was cool because it was 3:50pm in the afternoon and I was getting ready to leave. But the time stamp on the receipt said 7:50am in the morning (and the date was 1/25). I thought it was wild that when I'm ending my day, somewhere all the way around the world, JD is starting his.

And I'm not sure that email went through correctly. I'm not sure you guys got the whole attachment. In case you didn't, here's the link to where you can download the full version. Its so silly I love it. I've been singing that song all day since I saw this clip.

I believe in Miracles

5. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Howdy, howdy, howdy.

Thanks for the link Kat, 'coz yes the email didn't work. It started, stopped and I just sat there thinking 'Ummmm......Okaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy???!!!!!'

Yes, I'm here lurking most of the time. Getting a chance to post is almost nigh on impossible lately, even at home. Very frustrating. I feel disappointed that I can't post and almost feel as if I'm letting my friends (you lot) down by not catching up occasionally.

So here's me waving as I run past the coffee shop window.

Waiter!! A Jet Black Coffee to go, please!!!!

Cheers all
    JD

6. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Yea..

here you go Kat..
    later

I just opened my big mouth and told someone what i thought of them...

and i probably shouldn't have b/c he doesn't know that what he does upsets me...and now they're all pissed and wants to talk "face to face" b/c i don't know the whole story and blah blah blah blah blah blah

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..
    i am now the official no longer giving advice to my friends even when they ask..

7. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Hey guys, just checking in... How is everyone?
    Life for me is hectic and generally unpleasant. Having women problems. Since I last wrote, the situation has become much more complicated. Also having a somewhat boring, dull, and unpleasant time at school.

8. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    sorry eagle!!!

((((HUG)))))

hidey ho all...

make sure to watch AE biography tomorrow night!!!!!

9. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh dear lord, here we go again...

"Never knew I could feel like this..."

pleasenogamespleasenogamespleasenogamespleasenogamespleasenogamespleasenogames

:(

10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
  11. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Just came back from Black Hawk Down

great movie..but too emotionally draining..(Ewie was in it with an American Accent :))

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Howdy, y'all.

It's been, what?, three weeks since I last posted. Hell, it's been two weeks since I even checked out Starbucks. Most of my computer time lately has been spent doing spreadsheets instead of surfing. I've been working on a major project for my office, a project which is tedious, time-consuming, boring, and requires lots of knowledge and precision. (For everyone who wants to know just what I'm working on: I'm single-handedly reconfiguring the entire millwork pricing structure for my company. At the same time, I'm trying to create some sort of "dummies guide" to lumber and millwork for the person taking over my department. Yeah- I know. Whippteeefreakindoo!!! The excitement is just overwhelming.) So, you can guess that things have been busy for me.
    (And, my dear Wormie, you won't be winning next year's tax rebate check- that laptop has been extremely useful for this project. (But it does surf the web like a merf!!!! Hehehehe.))

We finally hired someone at our office to take over my job so I can finally get promoted. We've been short-staffed for nearly five years, leaving myself and my partner (we call ourselves the "evil twins") to handle all inside sales, customer service, billing, credit, orders, data enty, and whatever else the others are too freaking lazy to get of their butts to do. And on top of that, we handle accounts for not only our company, but two of our subsidiaries. I was offered a promotion two years ago to be in charge of inside sales and to act as a sales liason to promote our company and try to increase our customer base (and profit margin). I had pretty much given up hope on that really happening, especially after last year's dismal economic whoas and Sept. 11th, which made things dreadfully worse.

But last week, something strange happened....

Monday morning, my boss put an ad in the paper in hopes of filling several positions in our company....including mine. By Tuesday afternoon, we had over 300 qualified applications for assorted positions, with many more that weren't. I had no idea how bad it was out there until I saw the number of people lined up looking for work. By Wednesday, we had filled almost all positions. Thursday morning, my partner and I started training a young woman who seems very eager to learn. (Our company has a history of paying poorly, so I hope that she doesn't leave when she finds out that McDonald's pays better.)

But the kicker came Tuesday....

My boss told me about a piece of land he's been eyeing about 15 miles north of Memphis that would be absolutely perfect for a new satellite location. He told me that he has his checkbook out and is ready to close and get things moving. Now, I had heard all this for the past 6 1/2 years regarding another property that he purchased to relocate the entire company. That never happened, of course, so I just sort of played along with all this new yap about this latest location.

Then he told me he wants me to head it up. He offered me the management position for the new location. I was floored. There are people who've worked there for 20 years, and he and the company comptroller both agreed that I would be perfect for the job. And the great part is, it's only 20 minutes away. So, I'm trying to remain positive in the meantime and working to get this project completed and the new girl trained so I can move on up like the Jeffersons. The good news is, if the new location doesn't work out, I still get the other original promotion, so I win either way. And, because we are a small office that handles a lot of work, there are usually no opportunities for advancement at all. I was told yesterday that after we close on the property that I'll have only about three or four months to get things in order before I transfer. Keep your fingers crossed for me, folks. Tim wants, (and needs), this baaaaaaaaaaaad.

So, whaddya know, that light that I saw at the end of the tunnel wasn't an oncoming train after all!!!

Okay, so that's enough about work.

Welcome to all the ne

13. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Cool!

Got any jobs going, Tim? ;)

14. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Congrats on the job stuff, Tim.

The job thing? Too complicated to explain right now. You didn't miss too much.

Basically, it's a mess. Much like the rest of my life right now.

Hmm...it's Sunday night. I suppose I should do some work...eventually. :(

15. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Excellent, Tim! I wish you great luck.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    C'mon over, Ben. I'll need an assistant when we open the new location. Do you like long hours and low wages?

Thanks for the congrats, y'all. I really hope it turns out for the best.

17. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, the idea was to slack at work, supplant the boss or manager, and then get flunkies to do the work for you......

...........but beggars can't be choosers. :D

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, I LOVED Lord of the Rings!! Ian McKellen (Gandolf, Gandalf - sp?) deserves AWARDS - plural - and many of them. The entire cast was fabulous but he was absolutely breathtaking!!

I'll confess that I never read the novels, though I saw the old animated versions of The Hobbit and LOTR many times as a child. Looks like I'll have something to read in-between NJO novels and until the next Kay Scarpetta book by Patricia Cornwell, LOL.

Speaking of NJO, have I missed a book? The latest SW Insider had Dark Journey listed as "on sale now," but I thought it was next month....?

The "Forbidden Love" trailer was awesome in full size as was the Ep. II teaser poster in the lobby. <don't mind us folks...we'll just take this home to, um, dust it off.....>

And WHEN did Anne Rice go pop culture?? Granted, it's been a while since I read Queen of the Damned, but I didn't recognize a dang thing in that trailer!

Gots to run...wild children on the loose. Catch y'all later!! :)

19. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey all...
    things are going well (besides the little problem i ranted about up there :() but hey hopefully i'll have it all straightened out by next week and my role will be FINISHED!!!

hmm..
    QGT and TRACE i'm glad you liked LOTR as for the giggly teenagers..eh it would have to be the children currently in HS right now..annoying as ***** (no offense to any kids right now that are here..b/c i'm sure you're not like that)

i've been to movies where all they do is be obnoxious and yes i do want to kick their buts..(now when i saw LOTR i thought it was cool that there were cheers and all when stuff happened)....

BTW TIM (YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

ABOUT NJO
    No traci you have not missed a book..it goes SBS and then Dark Journey which really takes place immeadiatly where SBS ends....

(although there was Recvoery but that really only takes place right after Balance Point}

About Graphic Novels
    I read two graphic novels at work today *yes during work i was being bad..*

the Chewbacca one, which was pretty good, the Leia part was interesting..b/c it fits in with her mindframe just after Vector Prime...

then i read a Tales of the Jedi book dealing with Ulic Quel-Droma and Nom Sunrider and her daughter Vima..very very interestinsg...the stuff you learn when you work a ta bookstore....

end
    ok that's it for me..i'm taping the George Lucas biography thing in the hopes of getting my work done (obviously i'm not)

Anyone here read Margaret Atwood? (in my wanderings of shelving her book the Handmaid's tale has been catching my eye, yesterday someone brought the video dealing with the book with Natasha Richardson and some random people..i hope its good..*shrug*

now hopefully i may get Dark Journey earlier then normal everyone cross their fingers!!!!!!

Priya

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    <sniff> :( Just watched Moulin Rouge again...can it be out on VHS anytime soon? Please?

<sniff> :( And then I found the MP3 for the movie version of "Come What May." Sooo much better than the soundtrack.

<sniff> :( And now I'm listening to it. And now I'm sad.

<sniff> :( And here we go again:

Never knew I could feel like this
    Like I've never seen the sky before
    Want to vanish inside your kiss
    Seasons may change winter to spring
    But I love you until the end of time
    Come what may, come what may
    I will love you 'til my dying day
    Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
    Suddenly moves with such a perfect grace
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
    It all revolves around you
    And there's no mountain too high, no river too wide
    Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side
    Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide
    But I love you until the end of time
    Come what may, come what may
    I will love you 'til my dying day

:_| :_| :_| :_|

21. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
  22. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Tim, congrats on all the possibilities. It doesn't sound like you can lose at this point. And please give CA a job. That boy has become a full time slacker.

T, okay, now you're making ME cry.

I watched the A & E Biography last night on George Lucas. Fascinating. I think its one of the most comprehensive interviews/profiles I've ever seen of him. It's the only one that I can recall where he talks about Marcia and why she left. They also had footage I'd never seen before from when they were filming SW but since you guys pay way more attention to this stuff you may have already seen it.

I have five job interviews this week and just had to turn down a sixth. Hopefully by next week I'll have a new job that's way more exciting and pays so much more. Wish me luck.

23. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hi guys...
    AE was awesome!!
    i thought it was interesting that they talked about his wife as well..i didn't know that at all..(what i wonder is if amanda still considers her her mother..b/c it seems like she was mostly a daddy's girl)

I had a really bad night, and cried over that stupid situation which is apparently so complicated that i couldn't even explain it to myself..and i've been kicking myself over crying about it (b/c it doenst' even involve me ) all day!!!!! Anyway i stopped my involvment through a emotional letter that in hindsight eh probably could have been worded a little better *shrug*..

but hopefully the week will get better i'm listening to U2 and Dark Journey comes out tomorrow!!!

Priya

24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.....

If you don't watch Farscape, you should.

Best show on television. Hands down.

Friday, April 4. 8pm EST. Sci-Fi Channel.

I don't care if you've never seen it before, JUST WATCH IT. Then the week after that. Then the week after that. The 3rd Friday in April will be the BEST FARSCAPE EPISODE EVER.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

25. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I see someone just found our little Aussie gem of a SF show. :D

I love it, but they aren't showing it here on free-to-air, and the ones on Pay TV are the first couple of series. :(

Congrats on the promotion Tim. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.