main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Gee, T. I hadn't thought of that. God, I hope people don't feel left out. I'm sure anyone who ventures in would be welcome, but we'll no doubt be talking about stuff no one else would really care about.

And there's nothing wrong with that, CA! I was joking! Believe you me, I've worshipped the beer bottle many times in my life!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Happy Independence Day to those in the States! We are prepping for the big blow-out (not) at my in-laws and I've just tried this sunless tanning stuff so as not to frighten the children at the pool - now I'm orange.

WORMIE: I'm with JD - did I miss something?

JEDI MAREN: Welcome! Sorry about the rain - can we get some coffee over here? :)

JD: Go for it!!!! I kept meaning to ask you if you were anywhere near the filming! I'd be a third-bystander-to-the-left in one of those any day!

T: re the "reunion" - I felt left-out at first, but it's OK! I've been posting regularly here for about 9 months now and have seen a lot of people that I called "friend" come and go...it's just one of the pitfalls of this form of communication. (Besides, I've got the wall-flower roll down pat!) :)

On to the festivities....

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    ~~~"I saw something very very scary on fanforce.net. Apparently those Brits love their drink! Makes for interesting photo ops, I see."~~~

~~"We sure as hell do! ;)~~

You're scarin' me, CA. ;-)

4. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Wait till Aug 7, Taramidala. I'll show you what being drunk is *really* like :D

5. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    "Wait till Aug 7, Taramidala. I'll show you what being drunk is *really* like :D"

Now I'm REALLY scared! :D

6. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    At least wait until AFTER we go to the Barbican! =)

7. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    This is revenge isn't it, T! Your feeling slighted with this reunion thing so you're stickin it to me over the Barbican, aren't ya!?!?

I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    "Now I'm REALLY scared! :D"

I'm so evil, sometimes I even frighten myself.

9. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    A quick notice to all who read here. The Starbucks Threads were started by Sasha last summer. They were home to some incredibly awesome and unique people who have been sorely missed. They were also created in the spirit of warm welcome and a shared love of Star Wars. At no point in it's history, has Starbucks ever closed the door on anyone. Any person who was brave enough to venture into the often times 500+ post threads, found a place at the table. They welcomed me, I welcomed you, the cycle continues.

In the spirit of that cycle, I wanted to soothe some of the ruffled feathers my silence and one liners on this topic have created. Sasha is starting a reunion thread later this month. It'll run for about two weeks, and most of the old group will return for that time. Some may linger, other's may post all of one time, just to say hello. I am absolutely sure that anyone regardless of the date they joined will be welcome!

10. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Just wanna wish everyone a HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! :-D

Don't you just love these Starbucks threads?

11. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    This message is for everyone who hates Snowboard.

No, I'm not going to say you're wrong to hate Snowboard. I'm just going to say that Snowboard-haters from the JC now have their own forum, The Council of the Lost Jedi:
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/bcouncilofthelostjedi
    Aside from the fact that it's EZBoard, it's A LOT like the JC was before the move. I even started a Starbucks thread in Classic Trilogy (Yes, that is me, I just have a different name on EZBoard.)

12. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    "This is revenge isn't it, T! Your feeling slighted with this reunion thing so you're stickin it to me over the Barbican, aren't ya!?!?"

Well, yes, I DO feel slighted...sort of. I was just always the one who gets left out of things all the time by people I thought were my friends. Made for *many* lonely years. That's all. (This depressing confessional is brought to you today by the letter "T")

As for who to blame about the Barbican...blame CA. ;)

13. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh, I do, T, I do. I blame CA for most things.

But seriously, did you read my post? I know Sasha, and there is no way in hell she meant to hurt anyone's feelings. If anyone's to blame, it's me for talking about it in public without explaining it. Not getting an e-mail from her doesn't exclude you from posting in the thread, ok. You and anyone else who wants to are more than welcome. No doubt, Sasha will say that herself when she gets back.

14. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Yeah, I did read your post. And I'm really not that upset about it. There's no point in it anyway, because I won't be around anyway. It was just the way in which everything was presented that made it sound negative. Sorry for the rant.

BTW, CA, if you read this...I WAS JOKING!! =)

Did I say that already?

15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Geez, it's quiet here tonight. Anybody around for me to say goodbye? =(

Or should we throw the farewell bash in the morning? I'm not actually leaving my house until just before 1pm.

16. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    I'm here, though not feeling that well so I'm not sure how much fun I'll be at you bye bash, T.

17. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh oh oh oh oh.......lookie what I found! I was digging around in some of my past posts....guess what came up? An old thread "The Nature of Evil." My favorite! You guys want to know the people who were around in Starbucks younger days....the things we talked about? Check that thread out. It's in Ep II and III topics.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The caffeine has me so high I'm not sure I'll make it...

19. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Just came back from seeing "The Perfect Storm." Ugh. Someone please remind me the next time I'm about to fly over the ocean to NOT see a disaster-at-sea film?

Other than that it was pretty good. Really creepy stuff though -- it happened off Newfoundland and the boat was from Massachusetts, not more than a few hours from me. Creepy sh-- man, creepy.

I'll try to come and write something meaningful in the morning. Maybe by then more of you will have shown up. =)

20. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Greetings all and a best wishes to the traveller if I don't get back here before you go.

Trace, I doubt I'll get the chance to get a spot in the film. My other half is just about ready to explode. The bubblet isn't due till the end of July but the doc is now saying that it'll happen ANY DAY NOW!!!

I'll be taking a few weeks off, but I'll possibly get the chance to come in and spin off the news to you guys some time during all that.

Wormie, what a great topic. Back in the othe rboard there was a topic 'Is the Empire really evil?' which was along the same lines and THAT was what really hooked me into the forums. I don't know if it is still there but I printed it out and it came to about sixty double-sided pages of GREAT DEBATE!!!! (My department director saw some of it on the printer and I thought I was in trouble but he was really interested!!) I've only had a quick read of the start but it looks as if that latest topic will head along the same great lines.

Now, on a more serious note........WHERE ARE ALL THESE PHOTOS???? Or have you all gone back into hiding?

Another quick question.............what the hell is 'the Barbican'?
    Cheers

JDJ

21. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm glad you two can use me as a scapegoat, Taramidala and Wormie :p

22. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    Hey guys and gals!

Feels good to be back amongst some sane members.

Couple of thoughts here: (these may be redundant)

1. Anyone happy with the changeover?
    I'm not particularly enamored of the change. I voiced my opinion the other day in Community about not liking the change and I got hammered. People wanted to throw me off. I'll get used to it though.

2. Has anyone tried to visit old threads?
    I tried to look through Sasha's "Unite II" thread and the posts were about something else entirely. It looked as if the Topic Subject and the posts were mixed together from 2 separate threads.

3. Wormie- That guy is Okolona- that's about 15 minutes from me. The people in that part of town are not considered extremely bright to the rest of us here in Louisville.

4. Who is Chyren? I've seen this guy around a little before I quit last fall and then when I come back, he's an Admin. Are you having trouble with him Wormie?

Anyhow, it's good to check back in.

See ya.

23. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    No trouble now, Toshi. He's gone, gone, gone! Say bye bye Chyren! HEheheheheeheeeee!!!!!

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    WORMIE: was it you who mentioned "old" Starbucks threads? Anyway, QGT dug up the one from last fall that CALLIE started - my first. Talk about nostalgia... Y'know, we never did decide about which Sunday comic you would post after "Peanuts" - lol!

JD: Oooo - tell Mrs. JD that she has my sympathy! I hope everything goes well for y'all and be sure to let us know!! :)

TOSHI: I miss the smileys and codes, but the boards aren't crashing every 12 hours anymore! The beige is boring, but I guess it would have looked funny to have the main page this color and the boards still in blue!

T: BYE!!!! Be careful, have fun, don't drink the water...all that stuff! (Well, OK, maybe you can drink the water!)

25. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    TRACE wrote: "T: BYE!!!! Be careful, have fun, don't drink the water...all that stuff! (Well, OK, maybe you can drink the water!)"

Yes, mother. ;)

CA I was NOT making you a scapegoat! It was a JOKE. ;) See you 7 August.

JD, the Barbican is this huge complext of buildings, from what I gather sort of NYC's Lincoln Center, that's housing a SW exhibit right now.

Well...I guess it's time for me to get philosophical on you. I was thinking about it the other day, and I just realized that this is the first time since I joined that I won't be able to post every day if I want to. Yeah, I know that sounds really pathetic, but in a lot of ways I've come to value the conversation (though it occasionally strays to random acts of Ewok violence) and each and every one of you in your own way. Which leads back to the eternal question...

Are we friends? I can say for a good few of you that the answer is yes. And whether or not our communication here is a passing fancy or something more permanent it is not the issue. If some of us go our separate ways tomorrow or the next day or a year from now, I think this is something we'll remember for a long time.

To this day I barely know more than 2 die-hard SW fans. Here, I've found a group of intelligent, well spoken people, with whom I may not have much in common other than SW, but with whom I am able to have interesting and fun discusions. You can't imagine how hard I find it trying to run theories by friends who are but "casual" fans. THANK YOU all for that.

Our life experiences make us individually interesting. The combination of all our experiences make us collectively interesting.

So, before I start repeating myself, I'll stop.

And make a confession. I'm terrified of flying. I got up this morning and had a complete emotional breakdown. My mother even offered for me to stay home and not go. But I can't do that or else I'll have wasted a LOT of money. I'll make it to the airport all right. But I probably won't be peaceful and restful the entire flight. I'm so serious you guys, this is scaring me so much right now. And I know we're not supposed to mention this sort of stuff on these forums, but, please, if you're of the inclination, pray for me.

With luck (and maybe some divine intervention) I'll be back in a little over a month. And YES, I will take pictures. How I'm going to share them with you will be interesting, since I don't have a scanner, LOL. I'll see what I can do.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.