main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    JD, I forgot to congratulate and wish you luck with your new baby!

2. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    *sniff* "I tell you, it's a cold! A cold!" *sniff...sniff*

No, it's not......

Bye T!!!!!!!!! CA promises to be nice, and keep you company. We'll be waiting to hear all about it.

And btw, I do call all of you friends. I'd laugh at your birthday jokes, cry at your weddings, and sob at your funerals. You've all filled my days and nights with endless laughs and tears. I've been lucky to know you.

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    "Bye T!!!!!!!!! CA promises to be nice, and keep you company. We'll be waiting to hear all about it."

Do I?!? :D

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Re: T "Thanks, mother!" Geez...I'm not THAT old - LOL!

So what's happening on August 7th? Do I take it that CA and T are going to *gasp* meet? :eek:

Somebody take a picture!!

-the peanut gallery

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ok it seems that i am now confused..i know i am too late but bye taramidala...

as for the rest of you having discussions on sw with people like you makes me feel good...i mean i can't talk about it with my friends here cause they all aren't "fan-atical" and some hate sw...so having fans like me to ltalk to is extremely good...

now Fourth of july!!!

word of advice..dc metro..have plans to deal with crowds on major holidays...very important..

i saw the fweks in dc and was upset only by the fact that we sat in front of a giant tree on the mall..other then that it was cool

i go to india in a couple of days wel ten and will try to keep in touch while im in paris and then there...

that's all for now mtfbwya

oh wait this reunion thing can any of us go..and post or is it restricted to longer members..i know this may have been mentioned..i just want to make sure..

6. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    "So what's happening on August 7th? Do I take it that CA and T are going to *gasp* meet? :eek:
    Somebody take a picture!!"

We are! ;-)
    Yeah, when we see a pic of you and QGT :D

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Okay, Wormie, as you requested- I got the trivia game going again over at Express. We've picked up a few new folks over there, so I invited them over here. Someone set a few more places at the Starbucks table. (Man, why do I always get stuck at the %$^*#^%$ kiddie table?!? "Yeah, Grandma, I made dinner all gone-gone, now get me some more wine!)

I know it's too late, but, BYE T!!!!!!!!

JD: Lookout!! She's gonna blow!!! If she does go the natural childbirth method, I recommend you stand back and keep a minimum safe distance of at least three feet. Women in labor have a tendency to grab any appendage they can cling to to bring you the maximum amount of pain. This is called "sharing the experience". (Trace had them strap me on a table and wax my legs while she was in labor- her idea of "sharing the experience".)

CA: Remember, T is young and innocent- let's keep her that way. Ahem, ahem. Of course, I'm joking. Have a blast at the Barbican.

GAT: No message?? C'mon, you have to do better than that. People are throwing polls out right and left- they're usurping your power-base. You gonna do something about it??? Huh??? Huh????

8. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    QGT, dh's hand went numb when I was in labor, cuz I was squeezing it so tight. And my version of getting him back was to have him sleep on the twin-size hideaway bed in the room. He said his back hurt for a week afterwards. Oh yeah, and I got him back by not letting him take a whirlpool bath with me. LOL

Well, can we start trivia over here too? That was fun!!!

9. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Ooooh, trivia! Can I ask the first question?

How many times does Luke say "May the Force be with you" throughout the OT?

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    CA: Deal! We should have one some time this week!

PIXIE: Poor QGT kept wanting to hold my hand but I wouldn't let him because he always grabbed the IV site - which was hurting about as bad as having the baby! I'm tellin' you, these veins weren't built for an 18 gauge needle! Next time I'll bring my own! (I'm a nurse-in case anyone was wondering where I would get such a thing!) :)

JEDI15: Re the trivia - I can only think of one time that he says it, I think.

11. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    PIXIE, TRACE and QGT, it'll be a c-sar due to problems from the earlier two so at least I'll get to make 'cutting' remarks with my 'sharp' wit!!! (And I can foresee that with jokes like that I'll be REEEEAAAAAALLLLLL popular in the operating theatre - I don't think!!)

It's all supposed to happen next Tuesday, but the quack thinks that the baby might have other ideas.

I know what you mean about haing THIS place to discuss SW stuff. Before I found this place I'd say things like 'You know in ESB when *this* happens, well in ROTJ *that* happens and it shouldn't have!!' and people would just look at you like you've got chickens coming out of your ears or something.

Having the chance to even DISCUSS things has made a hell of a difference, and even IMPROVED, my enjoyment of the four films. (Except I find myself looking for some of the bloopers that people mention rather than enjoying the film sometimes, so I tend to avoid reading those subjects.

And yes, I regard you all as friends and if you're ever in Melbourne make sure you put a day aside to come up to the 'farm' and help me blast away the countryside with the SW soundtrack and videos. Hmmmm............maybe two days to get through all four.......

JDJ

12. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    heeheehee
    I'm gonna corrupt Taramidala. By the time she gets back there, you lot won't know here :-D

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    "heeheehee
    I'm gonna corrupt Taramidala. By the time she gets back there, you lot won't know here :-D"

I heard that, CA. :D

14. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    BTW, this will is the last time ya'll will hear from me. Well...maybe for a month or so. See ya!

15. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Have a good flight, Taramidala

16. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    Have fun, CA & T!!!!!!

17. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    I'm not so sure it's T we all should be worrying about. CA, for all the beer he seems to ingest, is probably a lot more innocent than we think!

18. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Ah, Professor Wormie is in the house :p

19. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    "Fear will keep the local systems in line."

Hey CA, you may not know when, where or how, but rest assured; Vengence is mine!!!!!!!

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    JD: LOL! I know exactly what you mean! When Ep.I was released I bounced into the office grinning from ear to ear and asked, "Any Star Wars fans?"

silence

Then, "Um...no," followed by some looks of sympathy and glances toward the phone number of the Employee Assistance Program...

21. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I found tf.n when I was getting excited about TPM. My dh is more of a trekkie(*sigh* I know...) so he isn't as into it as I was. At the time, I was a SAHM, so I couldn't share my enthusiasm with anyone else, but Obi-Ben, and look where that got me! I've got 2 medium size Rubbermaid containers full(I think they're 20gallon size, maybe bigger) of SW toys, plus a bunch of other toys still sitting in storage(I went crazy with the SW clearance sales, got a Millennium Falcon for $20, a Slave I for $10, and he must have over 80 figures by now)

And all of this started when I was 8 years old, and saw ROTJ in the theater. And I've been hooked ever since. Also helped having a SW fan for a dad. Almost every time ANH was on Showtime, we watched it.

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    my obessesiion is kinda embarresing...

i started out mocking starwars..i know i know aside from my frequent spelling errors..i also mocked three of the greatest movies ever made..and i had never seen them before

lo and behold three months later (this is in 1996 january) we had a blizzard ...out of school for an extra week...my friends sat me down and made me watch it and now..the rest is histoy...

bye

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It has taken me four hours to get logged in...
    *imagine a look of disgust here*

Anyway, PIXIE, your post reminded me of a question that I have often wondered:

How did everyone find TF.N?

I was looking for a certain red-headed action figure and found a link on one of her sites. I just lurked around the discussion boards for about a month before finally signing up. Starbucks was the first place I really felt welcome!

24. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I think I followed a link to TF.N from another site. Once I found the JC, I was hooked!
    I lurked from about February last year, but only actually registered in July :(

25. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    "Have a good flight, Taramidala"

Thanks, CA. I did. =) Thank God for hostels with internet access. But after tomorrow...no more. And I've really got to stop spending my money on this crap, LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.