main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A Breaking World: Of Alanvar and the Vyn'rath

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Chukles38, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Lor Amherst
    The Winding Road

With a rush that knocked the wind swiftly from his lungs, Lor tumbled head over heels as he crashed to the forest floor with enough force to send foliage and leaves sailing in every direction. Saber, who had managed to narrowly escape the blow, circled to one side of the path and began barking with her lips pulled away from her fangs in a vicious snarl. The pup didn?t like the newcomer one bit and it took a long moment for Lor?s mind to even register that another presence was even among them.

Holding his left side as he struggled to regain his breath, Lor rolled away to one side as he disentangled his limbs from the stranger. ?Watch where you?re going,? he coughed as he speared the newcomer with a glare. ?Where were you heading in such a hurry, anyway??

In answer to his question, footsteps could be heard crunching on the leafy path as four new figures approached. They were carrying torches, their warm glow sending eerie shadows throughout the forest, and purple robes flowed behind them. Lor frowned as recognition dawned ? agents of the Mages.

?You there? wanderer,? one of the soldiers shouted in a gruff voice. ?Surrender him.?

Turning, Lor regarded the other man who had now taken up refuge behind him. He appeared frightened and rightfully so. Having a company of Mages on your tail was hardly a comforting experience. Whatever this man had done, it was serious.

That begged the question ? should he even stick his neck out to help him?

?Err?one second, please,? he called to the soldier, hoping to stall for some more time. Angling his chin towards the other man, he began to speak, hoping the barks coming from Saber would be enough to cover their conversation.

?You have a lot of explaining to do,? he muttered out of the side of his mouth. ?Give me a good reason why I should save your life.?

TAG: Chukles

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    Ice Kingdom

"How did you manage to live when you were surrounded by this?"
    Lyle asked her. Igrene did ignore the whiny bartering over clothes. She did not even change hers. She was not freezing. She never was cold. Or was she always? hard to say. Going to her knees, she took the snow into both hands and brought it to her face. Even touching it made her feel stronger, more purposeful. The power of coming home. "By stop freezing." She replied to Lyle, without looking at him. And it was her first honest smile, she had shown in month, as she looked over the great white plains.

A little later they met the man. Igrene decided he was no mage and lost interest. Snow was much more interesting to her. But when he mentioned the soldiers and Mages, she turned her head. "Mages you said? You do not happen to know where we can find any, do you?" She asked. Still wanting to feel their warm blood. Not some soldiers, but a true mages blood on her cool skin.

Tag: Others, Chukles

3. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Yes, cs approved

Biography:

Name: Ilyana
    Weight: 97 lbs
    Height: 5?8
    Appearance: see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SydneyBristow.PNG
    Clothing; court: http://www.warofthering.net/quintessential/movieshots/galadriel_ladies2_small.jpg with knee high black boots, casual: http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf/Arwen/Chase.htm
    Home Kingdom: Light Kingdom
    Personality: kind hearted, loves her people and loved by them in return. But at times Withdrawn

Affiliation: Free Peoples Rebellion, Light Kingdom
    Rank (If Applicable): Nobility (govoner?s daughter)

Vyn?rath
    -Element: Light

Mage
    -Primary Element: light

Weapon of Preference:

This only it?s a longsword http://www.sworddemon.com/p-2875-kit-rae-elexorien-sword-of-vaelen-with-art-print.aspx the pommel has a flawlessly cut moonstone diamond in the center, it was carved from a dragon fang and forged from dragon fire

Biography:

Ilyana was the only child of one of the governors of Light Kingdom. Her family was descendants of the Light Kingdom?s royal family that ruled the Light Kingdom in ages past. From the time she was born, her parents believed she carried a gift that was considered unnatural. It was later discovered that she had an affinity for light magic. From her mother, she learned the arts of a light mage. And from her father, the arts of the sword. Despite her greatness in magic, her parents kept her magical talent secret to protect her from the Mages of Alanvar.

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Ice Kingdom

"By stop freezing."

Easier said then done. Even after having extracted all of the snow out of his clothes Lyle still shivered upon seeing Igrene lift up a handful of snow. Without any gloves or anything either. She just touched it and...Lyle just rubbed his palms together, still feeling as if they were still in snow-packed gloves upon seeing her.

Looking back out into the freezing, white tundra, Lyle soon spotted the lone figure that now approached them, taking the path that Sassana had carved out of the snow to reach them. Immediately the archer had his bow in hand but had yet to draw an arrow. The man didn't seem to be making any threatening gestures and he didn't seem armed.

Course, mages didn't need to be armed to be dangerous.

"Well, I?ll warn ya, there have been several groups of Alanva soldiers moving up and down the main road. Bloody mages made trek through those cursed plains. Nothing but ice and snow and ice and snow."

The man didn't look like a mage and up close Lyle was able to clearly see that he wasn't one that wished harm to them. And the advice that he now gave them pretty much solidified the image that he wasn't an enemy. Troubling advice as it were that caused Lyle to frown. Great, more mages that they will have to worry about and soldiers to boot. Well, as long as they avoided the main roads as they were being suggested to do this trip could still be an uneventful one.

"Mages you said? You do not happen to know where we can find any, do you?"

....As long as people didn't want to go after them that is.

"Thank you for the advice," Lyle immediately cut in before the man could give Igrene the information that she wanted. Navigating through the snow was already going to be a problem - at least for Lyle anyway. He didn't need to worry about dodging fireballs and arrows even though the former would make things a lot more warmer. He did wonder why the mages were up and about though.

"Well, we'll be on our way. Though if you could, why are the mages here anyway? Can't possibly think that there'd be something worth their while out here."

TAG: SirakRomar, Chukles, DarthXan318, Trimaj

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    In the snow . . .

"Well, we'll be on our way. Though if you could, why are the mages here anyway? Can't possibly think that there'd be something worth their while out here." Lyle asked. Igrene looked at him. Did he tried to keep her away from the Mages? Because he was on their side? Or was it because two more Mages were with them? Yes, it made no sense hunting Mages when she had two sleeping next ot her every night. Vulnerable. Within´ her reach. But she had accepted this complicated ally, deserter thing. now she wanted to kill one. Any mage was good. Did the rebellion not kill Mages?

"Yeah, right. do you know anything about it? And where did you say was their camp?" She asked again, not allowing Lyle to distract her from her goal. she liked the man. But he was very strange.

Tag: Sarge, Chukles, others

6. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: scratch out my post.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Valen Tomask
    The Kingdom of Light

Valen strode across the bridge with purpose..a quick purpose. This was a truly annoying place. He wasnt worried about the magically enhanced bridges themselves. It was just that such places tended to lend themselves as a perfect place for an attack. So Valen preferred to keep moving, as to not make a target. He thought about their task. How they were to find this 'missing agent'. Lovely. At any rate, the group moved rather cheerily across the bridge that would lead them to the northern-most island.

Valen stopped, looking at there map, and then the paths in fornt of them. They had reached a split in the road. They could continue to the west, through the city of Illesi, and from there through the Light Fields, or if they would cut south and head through the other major city of Illon.?

They needed to go to Illentir, a city at the far end. But they had two ways to go. Valen was not sure if he wished to travel through the Light Fields or not. He looked at Ellicia, Fynn, and Skillan.

"We need to get to the far end of this Kingdom. I am not to particular about going through the Light fields. Its easier to hide in cities and such..and would rather take the way through Illon. But do any of you have any thoughts about which way to take"

Valen crossed his arms, and waited for the other party members to speak.

TAG: Seremela, QGR, WINKWINK

8. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia

Skill was interrupted before he even had a chance to start speaking by the large swordsmen rushinf over the bridge at a rather taxing pace.

"Well that was rude" she muttered to Skillian as the crossed after him.

[i][b]"We need to get to the far end of this Kingdom. I am not to particular about going through the Light fields. Its easier to hide in cities and such..and would rather take the way through Illon. But do any of you have any thoughts about which way to take"
    [/b][/i] Valen said as he crossed his arms.

"well, it's probably a good call not to go through the light fields" She leaned closer to him as if telling a secret "It's rather hard on the eye's"

Straightening again she looked around the group rather sheepishly "Also this might be a good time to mention, if I'm seen by the wrong person who recognizes me... well lets just say that would be a bad thing".

She then hurried to add "But I haven't been here in years, so it's not to likely... don't you think" She added the last bit smiling sweetly at valen to see what would happen.

[hr]

TAG you's guysesess...esss!

9. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    *sigh* Once again, I am truly sorry for the delay. I should probably just put that in my sig... oh well. Sadly, life keeps pestering me. However, there is an update now, so you can rejoice. :D

I believe I got everyone, and some of the tags are a little skimpy, but it's all I can do without making you do stuff. So, feel free to progress if you wish, move on and such.

QUICK NOTE: Kahn's update is long because it contains a bit of history about the Mages of Alanvar. Not necessary reading, but hopefully a bit interesting, so feel free to give it a read when you have a chance. :)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?The man looked oddly at the group, but most oddly at Igrene. ?You?re a pretty lady, but ya don?t seem to have much of a brain. Few go looking for soldiers of the Mages unless they are affiliated with ?em, which means you?re no friend of mine.? He paused a moment.

??But, ta? answer your other question, no one is sure what they be lookin? for. The most passed around gossip is tha? there has been some rebel activity in the area, but I don?t know much about that. Just a simple dancer, I am. But, if ya? be lookin? for their camp, good luck. They been movin? something fierce, all over the place.? The strange man looked around again. ?Well, if ya? don?t mind, I must be goin?. Now that I?m warmer, there be no reason to be standing around chattin?. T?was fun. Let?s not do it again.? With that, the man nodded and moved towards the woods.?

TAG: Sarge, Trim, Sirak, Xan

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?Meanwhile in the Light Kingdom, things were moving along well. Thus far they had had no incidents with, well, anyone, which was quite good for them. They had one goal, and that was to make it to the capitol. Aside from that, they had little else to go on. Apparently someone at the palace would give them the information they needed.

?While they were discussing which path to take, they might have possibly missed the man walking by, who looked carefully at the group before rushing off down the road.?

TAG: Ktala, WINKWINK, Seremela, QGR

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?The soldiers looked irritated as Lor asked for more time, but they seemed to accept his request? for now. As he turned to ask his request of the strange individual behind him, Lor the boy looked up at him and one thing could be noticed. This boy was a young girl, maybe sixteen.

??Please,? she said, her voice pleading, ?I promise, I wasn?t doing anything bad. They had my little brother. Said he was a thief. I freed him, he got away, but? please, help me. I? I don?t know what to do?? She was on the verge of tears, and it seemed genuine enough.

?But Lor would have to think fast. It seemed the head soldier?s patience had worn thin. ?Enough talking! Hand him over or we shall just take him. We don?t have to be so generous!??

TAG: Solo

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?Not too far away from Lor?s predicament, Orml and Leocanto had set up camp as they tried to decide what to do and where to go to do it. They had a small fire, with some meat cooking on it. They seemed to hit it off quite well? or did they hate each other?? The Bard stared off into the distance for a moment. ?Hm, I can?t remember. Well, at any rate, they were together.

?Things were about to get far more interesting though. Lurking in the woods was a scout. Excitedly, he ran back to his leader. Before long, the group of men was moving in the dim twilight light. Without much show of stealth, they burst into the small clearing that Leocanto and Orml now occupied.

??Al?ight.? The leader said in a not-too-intelligent voice. ?We wants no troubl?. We jus? wantcha? moneys and valuabl?s.??

TAG: Peng, Ramza

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?Meanwhile, in the bowels of the Castle Ilentir, Ilyana was meeting with several members of the Light Kingdom resistance. It was, understandably, a very hush-hush sort of meeting. They had been discussing a recent rumor that a high-ranking member of the Mag

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Ice Kingdom

'T?was fun. Let?s not do it again.?

Well, that would be a dent in an otherwise healthy, minute relationship with a stranger. Now it looked as if they were suspected of having ties with the Mages.

"We won't keep you," Lyle assured before stepping aside and waving the man past. No need for Igrene to try and do a little more interrogation to find out where, exactly, those Mages are. "We'll make sure to take your advice at heart and avoid the Mages."

As if trying to make amends to any damage that was to be done and also to just be his usual, friendly self, Lyle continued "And have a nice time at the Earth Kingdom! Much warmer then here that's for sure! Vilar should be nearby. Stop by the tavern if you want a drink or a meal and tell 'em Lyle sent ya! That should get ya a ticket for some good ale. Funny guy, good with a bow, charmer of the ladies, they'll know who you mean!"

TAG: Chukles, Trimaj, DarthXan318, SirakRomar

11. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Name: Orien Sindale
    Weight: 120lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Appearance: Orien is a slender woman with short fiery-looking red-gold hair. She, like others in the Fire Kingdom, wears somewhat scanty clothes. She wears a short black top that bares her midriff and shows some cleavage, shorts, and boots to protect her feet from the heat of the ground. She wears less jewelry than a lot of the others where she lives, just a necklace, earrings, and either a headband with a jeweled clasp, or a belt with a jeweled clasp. She also has a beltpouch that she keeps with her at all times.
    Home Kingdom: Fire Kingdom
    Personality: She has a fiery personality, fiercely protective of those she loves. She has a temper, and sometimes says things she regrets later when angry. She is also a very playful person, and will tease those she's friends with.

Affiliation: unaffiliated

Mage
    -Primary Element: Fire

Weapon of Preference: Sword, but is also an experienced archer.

Biography: Born to a mage mother in the Fire Kingdom, Orien didn't show any mage gifts until she was ten years old. She had always been a slightly clumsy child, and often tripped over things when she wasn't watching where she was going. Her mage gift showed itself on her tenth birthday, when she tripped and fell into lava. Her magic kicked in, and saved her from burning to death. After that, her magic was evident, but nowhere near as strong as the first burst of power.

Since then, Orien has been trained by her mother, a rogue mage who joined with the others in the Fire Kingdom. She has gained some of the grace that others of her kingdom have, though she still has instances of clumsiness. She decided to focus on her magecraft and on singing, since that was something she did well. She has never tried the other elements, only focused on fire magics.

Orien has heard about the rebellion against the Mages of Alanvar. She doesn't know much, but she has heard that the Alanvar Mages are a mean lot. She had heard several rumors and stories about the horrible things they had done, and decided she wouldn't join them. She didn't know much about the rebels, save they were fighting the Mages, so she withheld judgement on them.

---

((OOC: Hi Everyone! :D Chukles showed me the rp and I asked to join, and he told me to post my profile. It's going to be fun rp'ing with you guys. :D))

12. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    ooc: Sorry with all the confusion, yes I'm part of the game

IC: Ilyana
    Castle Ilentir

Ilyana listened intently as the leaders of the Light Kingdom resistance were discussing what to do.

One of the men turned to look at Ilyana. "He will most likely wish to speak with your father at some point. Now, we cannot involve the governor directly, but any information you can gather? well, we?d be appreciative of. Can you do this for us, Ilyana??

Ilyana looked at him ?Yes but there are some things I have a problem with. First of are you asking me to spy on my father?s meeting with the ambassador of the Mages of Alanvar? And if this rumor is true, what if this meeting with my father turns into an assassination attempt??

TAG: Chukles38

13. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    GM APPROVED!!!!!

Name: Pawel Drake

Weight: 183

Height: 6'3

Appearance: [image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/4umTroll/Bard.jpg]

Home Kingdom: Fire Kingdom

Occupation: Traveling Minstrel, when up on his luck. Hired Killer, when he isn't.

Personality:

Cherry, happy go lucky person, who is very literal. Often is the last man in the room to get the joke, and the most likely to start a fight when asked a question he shouldn't be giving a straight question to. Despite this, or rather because of it, he has been able to hide his chosen profession well. After all you wouldn't imagine such a sincere person, to be a such an expert liar when he needs to be.

He is rather open minded, and given his heritage, that is rather rare. No doubt this has due to a good deal of empathy and a much greater deal of self centeredness. He hates being tied down to anything, always wants to be on the move, and always wants to do his own thing. Something...not thought highly of in his Clan, despite it being nomadic.

Affiliation: None, expect the highest bidder

Rank (If Applicable): None

Weapon of Preference: Bow or a dagger up close. Both mean he's the one doing the fighting, and the other guy isn't.

Biography:

Pawel of Clan Drake is what you might consider a socially progressive assassin born from a line of honor and fanatically tradition bound assassins . He respects his Clan but feels it needs to move forwards and adapt. Especially since its getting in the way of what he wants out of life. Oh it was fun at first being trained in the arts, learning to play a fiddle and other instruments as instinctively as a child with a stick and ball. It was wonderful getting to travel the world, and see all the specular sights the Earth Kingdom, Ice Kingdom, and his homeland of the Fire Kingdom. But killing people for a living gets repetitive after awhile.

Poison the Lord's drink, shoot the Lady on horseback while atop a large tree, stab the Priest while in the middle of an extremely crowded and apathetic street, and butcher the wealthy, corrupt merchant and his family when they ask for a private performance. Hey he knows the people in the Fire Kingdom might be the most beautiful in the world, but why must his beauty be cursed with blood stained on his favorite pair of boots?

Right now, he is enjoying a fresh burst of traveling, as he is trying to escape his soon to be wife. The marriage was an arranged one, not to his true love but instead to a woman he considers a harpy and who he cannot stand. That's on one of her good days. There seemed little choice in the face of clan honor and duty to his family, but Pawel found an escape clause, at least for now. After the ceremony, Pawel declared to the surprised gathering that in special honor of his clan and his wife, he would prove himself by expunging a stain on his family's book of grudges ? the Mage Conan Van Karma, of whom rumors had arisen that he had reappeared in the Kingdom of Light. Time is ever wasting, of course, so he needed to depart straight away.

He reckons he can get at least a good decade of chasing rumors before he has to go back home and face his wife again. Of course he knows his Clan is on the look out for him, making sure he looks like he's following through on "settling" the grudge. He knows that the penalty for lying about something like this is death, and his Clan will be willing to oblige him.

14. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    "In a dark tavern on the less reputable side of Illesi, or as ill-reputed as any place in the Light Kingdom can be, sat a man. He was an odd fellow compared to those around him, and he had a purpose. A dark purpose. His name was Pawel Drake and his profession was... varied. He had ordered a drink and now sat with it, as his instructions had stated he should.

"Shortly after, another man casually plopped down onto a stool next to Pawel. In a deceptively innocent fashion, he said, 'Man, the sun is exceptionally bright today, and the shopping... nightmarish. All those people.' He looked to Drake closely. 'I hear you are good with people. Maybe you could help me out some?' It was clever, if not rather unnecessary, as the man was obviously speaking of something more than shopping and weather. While he waited for a reply, he ordered a drink."

TAG: MiB

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Further south, underneath the Castle Ilentir, Ilyana continued her discussion with the resistance leaders. 'I'm afraid,' one said, 'that that is what we are asking, yes. Or to talk with your father afterwords... or even sit in on the meeting, if you can. It is vital we know why this Mage is here. Intelligence has stated that he is high ranking, and if the Mages plan on moving against us... we shall have to act soon. We must know.'

"The man paused briefly, as if uncertain or unwilling to answer the next question. 'As for your next question... we do not believe that the Mages would act in such a way. It would... be unwise. However, we have planned for that eventuality. He knows its always been a possibility, which is why we have kept him out of our dealings. But there is nothing that can be done about it should that be the case. We have some good fighters stationed nearby, but... we just don't know. I'm sorry I can't promise you more.' Once more he paused before continuing. 'Ilyana... will you do it?'"

TAG: AMNDRAG_01

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"For the first time in our beloved story, we have a happy moment... well, for most people. It was a celebration, though I can't really recall what they were so ecstatic about. But, then again, it is the Fir'naki that we are speaking of, and we tend to be a festive people.

"Despite the happiness abounding around the small encampment, Orien Sindale was having a decidedly unpleasant time. Oh, not because she didn't particularly enjoy social gatherings, or that the gathering in question was not enjoyable... it was the drunken--very drunken--Earth Kingdom man trying as hard as his intoxicated mind could allow to... ehem... be with her.

"It had been going on all night and now was getting worse as the Erguni man drank more and more Fir'naki Fire Brew. Some brief background on the Fir'naki Fire Brew. It is a clear liquid made in part from the extracted oils of the petals of a simple fire blossom, which grows plentifully across the Fire Kingdom. The Fire Kingdom dwellers are quite accustomed to it in general, but those not familiar with my people's trademark beverage find it.... rather harsh. Apparently, it burns the throat, as well as intoxicates the drinker very quickly. This man had drained a bottle and a half of a particularly strong variety of the Fire Brew, and he was not faring well.

"His advances escalated, however, with his most recent line, 'Lis'chen, schweeety.' He tossed an arm drunkenly over her shoulder. 'Wesh cou'd have ours'lv's shome fun, dontch... dontcha think?'"

TAG: Sabriel

15. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    IC:

Orien sighed and removed the man's arm from her shoulders. Again. She looked around for a quick escape, and seeing none, decided to invent one herself. She turned towards the drunken Erguni and glared at him. "I will NOT go with you anywhere. Especially to 'have fun' with you, as you put it," she said, and stood. She walked away, and sighed when she saw he was following her. She turned and faced him again. "I SAID leave me alone!" she said, and turned to walk away again. She turned and flicked her long fiery hair over her shoulder, and started walking again.

Orien walked over to where drinks were being served, and got some plain water. She preferred to not drink most of the time. It made sense not to, since she was a singer and preferred to keep her head. She was about to take a sip when the drunken man caught up to her and grabbed her arm. She didn't even give him a chance to speak. She dumped her water over his head and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. She then walked away, smiling to herself.

Tag: Chukles

((OOC: Sorry about the quality of the post. I'm getting into the swing of things here though. hehe))

16. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Pawel Drake
    Tavern, Kingdom of Light

When Pawel came here as a child, nearly a decade ago, his tutor Ramiel Hals once told him they closest thing a peaceful place in this world was the Light Kingdom. When he first those words uttered from that old battle ax of a man, Pawel was prepared to laugh thinking a punchline was soon to follow. Hals was many things, and an idealist wasn't one of them. He believed man was an animal at best, and all they did as assassins was put some of the more savage ones down. When they accidentally killed an innocent or two in their line of work, it wasn't a sin or even regrettable to the old fart, it was in his own words "Getting rid of them before we'd get a pay check for it"

But the bitter old man meant what he said, and swatted Pawel in the back of the head when Pawel grinned in anticipation of the joke. He meant what he said. At first Pawel didn't get why, after all like any other country or land in the world there where distinctly different social classes for people. The rich, the nobles, the soldiers, the poor...and they all fought vying for each others positions and possessions. But their didn't seem to be that much crime, it seemed like where things most of them weren't willing to do to advance in the world. Most of them anyway, and even that select group of honor bound elites still committed their backstabbing and throat slitting, just with an air of grandeur and grace.

At first Pawel admired it slightly, like Ramiel did. 'How grand, it seems there is a little bit of good in people after all!' Pawel thought as a child.

Now he realized what it really meant was less gold in his pocket. And he liked gold in his pocket, and not just because it jingled in his pocket quite rhythmically whenever he walked.

Though it is nice to have drink in a tavern that didn't have a fat toothless barmaid, who killed a few of the many rats in the back (and front) with the mugs she served with and didn't bother to wipe the dead thing off the glass, for a change. And his cloak wasn't even stained in mud and vomit when he sat down in his stoll and rested his arms on the bar's long oak counter. Also he could identify the counter as being crafted from oak, rather than refuse from a dump.

A man casually plopped down onto a stool next to Pawel. In a deceptively innocent fashion, he said, "Man, the sun is exceptionally bright today, and the shopping... nightmarish. All those people." He looked at Drake closely. "I hear you are good with people. Maybe you could help me out some?" It was clever, if not rather unnecessary, as the man was obviously speaking of something more than shopping and weather. While he waited for a reply, he ordered a drink.

"What of gift would you like for your friend? If he's up for some hunting may I suggest an arrow or two? Of course I would need to know who your friend is before suggesting a gift. Depending on the person, the cost of a present suitable for him might...go up. Different types of people have different needs and wants to be taken care of you see. Of course if you think the price of the present I think your pal deserves is too much, feel free to ask someone else. Then again, their aren't many people around here who know how to plan out parties quite like me. Because me, I'm a damn good party planner and I always make sure my clients friends get exactly what they deserve." Drake said not bothering to look at his client but rather look down at his fiddle as he, he leaned back from the bar counter his right leg pushing back and forward on it, causing his chair to rock.

'Just business as usual' Pawel thought, the voice in his head drewry and apathic, as he grabbed his untouced drink to his lips. As the liquid (there is no other word for it) entered his mouth, a disguested look washed over Pawel's face.

At least they served a half decent ale with the dead rat in the Earth Kingdom.

TAG: CHCUCKLES

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Valen Tomask
    The Kingdom of Light

Valen had asked Ellicia, Flynn and Skillan their thoughts about which path to take to the city of Illentir. Valen didnt really wish to find out anything about the Light Fields.

Skillian was the first to speak up. "Well, it's probably a good call not to go through the light fields." She leaned closer to him as if telling a secret "It's rather hard on the eye's."

Valen's eyebrow went up on that statement. He was POSITIVE now that he did not wish to travel that way. As Skillian straighten herself up, she added, "Also this might be a good time to mention, if I'm seen by the wrong person who recognizes me... well lets just say that would be a bad thing".

She then hurried to add "But I haven't been here in years, so it's not to likely... don't you think." She added the last bit smiling sweetly at Valen.

Valen dropped his massive arms down to his side, as he have a small huff, that was most probably a laugh. He shook his head, as he removed his helmet, to run his fingers through his hair for a moment, before putting his helmet back on.

"In this place...I would be surprised if something strange did not happen." he said with a nod. The girl wasnt bad looking. Young. But not bad. Valen stood back.

"Then we take the other path, to the south, heading through the other major city of Illon." he said quietly.

He noticed that they were not alone on the trail. Another traveler, carefully looked at them before rushing off down the road. Wonderful. Hopefully, he was just nervous at their weaponry. No need to worry just yet. He nodded towards the path.

"Let's get moving then. We are already attracting unwanted attention." Valen looked over at Skillian. "Since you have been here before, why dont you assist Flynn. He is a scout. He can keep an eye on the path, while the rest of us, keep a sharp eye out."

Valen began moving down the road once more.

"Unless...someone ELSE has something to tell us?" Valen added with a smirk, as he began walking again. He wondered how the other rgroups were doing. His fingers tapped his sword casing, as he walked, deep in thought.

TAG: Seremela, QGR, WINKWINK

18. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Ilyana

Ilyana sighed ?Yes I?ll do it. I?ll try to get into the meeting and if not I will talk with him afterwards.?

Her left hand briefly rubbed the area under her left eye. Secretly, she did not relish this idea, it seemed dishonest but she knew it was nessicary.

?When is the meeting?? she asked ?And where? I can leave right not if i have too.?

TAG: Chukles38

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    The Clearing

She watched the man go away, even accusing her to be one of them. It made her angry. An emotion she barely felt. But even more it annoyed her. Had her simple question been too much? She knew Lyle would stop her, probably. But she did not show her intention, until the man was starting to go away. Only then she leaped forth and touched his knee cap. Like the throats of the soldiers before she watched it freeze. That had to be utterly painful. "That has to be painful. At least you might be able to keep your leg, traveller. If you show a little more respect now. Shall I ask again, or do you remember what I wanted to know?" She asked showing no emotion at all.

Tag: Chukles

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Ice Kingdom

After having said his goodbyes, Lyle once again turned back to the frozen wastes of the Ice Kingdom and visibly winced to himself. Snow... How quickly he had come to dislike the stuff and even with Sassana's improvised path he wasn't looking forward to trekking through it. At all.

He sighed. Oh well, guess there wasn't any other optio-

A scream resonating right behind him caused the archer to almost jump, one hand instinctively dropping to his short sword as he whirled around, his eyes immediately searching for attackers. Mages? He didn't see anything, just the man that they had just spoken to, on the ground, seeming to clutch at his leg. And standing above him...Igrene.

"What are you doing!?" Lyle shouted in surprised question. Shouting at a woman was something he never, ever did except in certain circumstances. This being one of them of course. Despite his womanizing ways, Lyle was a polite man; not only because it helped scoring with the ladies that much easier but also because he was a polite man. Never hit a woman, never insult one, hold a door open for them when they walk passed, lay out a coat over a puddle to help them get across. Okay...maybe not that last one. But he would never lay a hand on another woman in a way that he did now as he took two quick steps forward and reached out to grab at the back of Igrene's clothing - trying not to touch her skin so that he doesn't get frozen - to try and pull her back and away from the downed man roughly.

"Are you trying to be like one of the Mages!?" He was still shouting. He didn't know why, but he just felt a sudden spike of anger that usually just wasn't in him. That Commander Zahara stuff must be getting to him... "He said he doesn't know where they are!"

He was looking for Sassana and even the new girl, Alleria, in hopes that they had his back and may possibly even help treat the man to undo whatever it was Igrene just did.

TAG: SirakRomar, Chukles, DarthXan318, Trimaj

OOC:
    Sorry that took so long. Wanted to get some permission from Chukles before posting :p

21. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    MASSIVE OOC GM APOLOGIES AND EXCUSES.... STUFF LIKE THAT

*Sigh* I've been a pretty horrible GM recently. Once again, I apologize profusely and beg your pardon. With Christmas, sorting out jobs, and getting into school I've not been able to dedicate much time to this wonderful game. This is not me saying the game will cease. This is me saying that I will be getting an update up when I can. Hopefully I can sort it out and squeeze it in tonight, but if not it will be after Christmas. I ask you to stay with me, and please don't be too upset. I appreciate it. :)

~Chukles38, GM

22. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Ellicia

Well that was NOT what she had thought the man would do. She was used to people thinking her even younger than her already young age and that usually either made her relationshipos with older men easier. Or more complicated if they didn't, appriciate, her in a leadership position. But this? No this was a new one.

Watching him walk away she decided to give him the same look he had given her.

[i]Well first off he's frickin HUGE![/i] She thought as she followed behind him [i]Kinda hard to see past that[/i].

Unconciusly she scrunched up one side of her face, making one eye all squinty. Didn't actually help her perspective. [i]Greying hair, mild crows feet, so fourty somthing or a VERY well kept fifty[/i] She started chewing one lip, letting her face relaxe.
    [i]Big beard too, wonder why all old warriors seem to have those?[/i] And warrior he most definitly was. Watching him move she saw that it wasn't just his strength that had kept him alive but his grace. It wasn't like watching a Blademaster move, no he didn't have that quality that made him always seem to dance. It was... fluid. that was all she could think of to describe. fluid savagery.

And thats when she realized he had looked at somthing behind them before he started walking. Glanceing behind them she was to late to see what it had been.

[hr]
    TAG. BLEH!

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    The Ice Fields

She looked at Lyle´s hand, trying to avoid her touch and smiled. Weakling. If he was so afraid of magic, he might have picked the wrong job. Ripping herself loose she pushed him away.

?WHY NOT! Do you want to become another victim of them? Hide and beg for their mercy? This man has not said he does not know. This man said he won´t tell. AND I DO NOT LET HIM STAND BETWEEN ME AND MY GOALS!? She screamed. Then looked down on the screaming man and spitted into his face. Her face grew cold again. All rage had vanished. Looking around, she realized what a mistake this all had been. The rebellion was not about killing mages. They even cooperated with them. No, it was about . . . something else. Something she would never understand. Something she did not care about. Because she was not like them.

?Well, I think I am home, now. Am I?? She said and gave Lyle a sharp look. Then she turned and left, not even looking at the others. A minute later she was vanishing inside the woods. Now a bow and spear she had not have, when she first left them. Otherwise, she was still the same. And in her heart an icy determination had not been diminished.

[b]Igrene[/b] watched the mages freeze. As the weather grew colder and colder and smiled. A cold smile, her eyes cold as if they were long dead. And with a slight wave of her hand, the snow before her began to move. She was high above the Mages camp. High above their reach. And between her and them tons of snow began to move. It summoned, spread, summoned more of it and soon tons of it fell down on the unsuspecting camp. And avanlanche. Burying it all beneath it. It had been weeks since she had reentered her lands. And soon the word of dead Mages would surely spread and more would be send here. Maybe these next would kill her. Maybe they would die while trying. It was a huge game.

And Igrene liked it. It gave her a purpose. She was the curse of the Mages. The wrath of the winter lands. The very Heart of Winter. And if she died . . . what a blessing that would be. Her body would eventually freeze and become one with the lands.

Cold as ice.

Still warmer than her heart was.

The death screams filled the air and Igrene sighed. Killing so many at once, left her so little to do, untl the search group arrived.

[b]Tag: Nobody[/b]

[i]OOC: That is my final post. I talked to Chukles and as I find myself struggling harder and harder to get myself into this game, I seriously think it is my time to leave. [/i]

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Daw, sorry to hear that Sirak but hopefully you'll at least think about coming back once the game kicks up again [:D]

Ice Fields

Well, so much for my first assignment.

That was all that Lyle could think about when he saw Igrene turn and leave after her explosive outburst, taking the bow that he had given her. The only thing he had given her apparently.

"Sassana?" he spoke out. He wasn't sounding as his usual cheery, social self anymore. Xavier was going to be very disappointed with this loss and unlike Lyle's usual antics - drinking, chasing women, being all-around lazy -, this did indeed feel like a big time failure to him. "Can you or Alleria help him? Reverse it?"

Looking back down at the man, however, Lyle wondered if losing Igrene was really a loss. To attack an innocent as she just did, and then not bothering to heal him for that matter, just to get information...it stunk of your usual Mage tactics. As he did before when first meeting her and taking note of her desire for murder, Lyle thought about revenge and the things he had seen from people that were lost in it. He had been worried sure and despite her being so emotionless and so focused on slaying Mages, he had thought that maybe sometime in the rebellion would turn her around.

He sighed, one hand passing through his hair as he did so before rubbing at his chin. No, guess that wasn't the case. A blow to be sure and, yes, because Igrene was a woman it just felt that bit more of a tragedy to the archer.

So much for the glorious tales of Commander Lyle Zahara.

TAG: Trimaj, Xani, Chukles

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    That is indeed sad news, and Sirak will be sorely missed. She'll always have a place in this game. However I write this for more reason than that, sadly.

As you more than likely don't know, I was away all weekend celebrating the new year and getting all of my stuff for school sorted and out of the way. Good news is that I got it all set. However, more sad news follows. With me starting up school and moving to the dorms, I won't have steady access to a computer for an unforeseeable amount of time. I will attempt to get another update up this week, but I cannot promise more than that. For all intents and purposes, I am afraid A Breaking World is going to go on hiatus. I am sorry to have to do this, but life calls. I will attempt to update when I can, but again can promise nothing until I am able to get myself another working computer. I truly am sorry, but do not mistake me; this game will continue as soon as I can get it to. I appreciate the seemingly infinite patience that you have expressed so far and hope that you can find a little bit more in you.

Best Regards,

Chukles38, GM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.