1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy A Breaking World: Of Alanvar and the Vyn'rath

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Chukles38, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Seremela Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2008
    star 3
    IC: Skillan Iarnsen
    ~Woods~



    Killed? he had killed those soldiers, not tried to wound them or stop them in another way, but killed them, just like that. Like he would have an animal.

    Something came up in his throat and he swallowed, nearly choking on it. He couldn?t look away, he couldn?t?.

    A frantic ?Stop it? made him snap his head around, hand going to one of his knifes rather than another arrow.

    He didn?t need it. A soldier was rushing the woman, but she threw him with astonishing ease. The soldier fell, his head hitting a rock and Skillan was staring in more dead eyes.

    He let go of the knife handle. He had to swallow again, something vile and acid that was trying to find its way up and out.

    The woman grabbed the body and with one fast move turned it over, straddled it and screamed "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU COULD HAVE LIVED, I WOULD HAVE LET YOU LIVE!" Just as sudden she got up and backed away from the dead soldier to slump against a tree a few feet away.

    "Why wouldn't you let me not kill you?" she sobbed quietly.

    Skillan was at a total loss for what to do, but he couldn?t just walk away. And it felt wrong to stand there and stare. Hesitantly he went to her. ?At least you tried not to kill him,? he offered. ?I? I just shot them. Just like that. I didn?t even try?.? He fell silent and looked at her a bit closer.

    She was covered in blood!

    ?You?re hurt!? he blurted out, stepping closer and touching her shoulder, carefully, unable to see where the wounds were.

    He had to get her out of there, then at least he would have done one thing good.


    TAG: chuckles, winkwink, everyone in the forest

  2. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Mynron Sagik
    -Forest


    He tossed the man to ground by what was left of his arm, then looked around. Where the hell was everyone else? It seemed that only he and Igrene were still fighting. The rest had scattered off like goblins in sunlight. "Wha" was all that came out before an arrow came flying past his head, followed by more arrows, and then even more. Mynron hit the ground and began to crawl towards the rest of the soldiers. He could hear screams out in the forest, but not of pain. Well, in some sense of the word, yes, they were in pain, but not the physical pain that screams on a battlefield normally came equipped with.

    Shaking his head, Mynron snapped them from his mind. He needed to focus or he would die. While the others had reservations about killing or taking a life, as some of the romantics among them would put it, Mynron was cold. He had seen his friends die in this war, had heard news of boys, younger than him and older than him, dying in the fight for the rebellion. But what he was doing now was not because of that and if he did say that he was killing now to avenge them, he would be lying through his teeth.

    In truth, Mynron was killing not only for survival, but also he had new powers, these people wanted to kill him, and they were good, clumsy targets. He was testing his abilities out and the fact that the feeling of murder was mutual between enemies only made it easier for him to kill them.

    As he now crawled towards his enemies, they were now, though still dodging the first barrage of arrows, noticing the fire footprints that were leading to them in the dark, and Mynron was already on the attack. He kicked on a man's ankles backward, making the soldier fall forward, and Mynron rolled back to catch the man's face and ignite it. He crawled over the man's body and grabbed one of his comrades' ankle, igniting the leg. He would have continued, if he had not instantly became dizzy.

    Mynron back-peddled away from the soldiers, but some of them were now following him, swords and spears drawn. He cried out and then stood to his feet, still dizzy, stumbled and then ran, until he tripped in front of the soldiers who were firing arrows to the enemy. He guessed that he had used too much energy. But it had felt so good!

    Dammit! He crawled behind a tree, his hands returned to normal, and he was about to cry, but then saw the others and stumbled to their location. He fell before Orml's feet, cursing and pushing up against a tree to stand.

    Tag: Campfire Crew, WinkWink, Sarge
  3. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Elicia Bathory.

    Everything was dull. Numb.

    Until she heard someone approach. She couldn't work up the energy to get up and fight, and at the moment didn't even care.

    And then she heard him talking
    ?At least you tried not to kill him,I? I just shot them. Just like that. I didn?t even try?." and then pausing in mid sentence he exclaimed ?You?re hurt!?

    Touched at his concern she reassured him "No,I'm not hurt" She looked down at herself and grimaced "It's not mine". And then she looked up at him, and saw the confusion and pain in his features. In his eyes.

    "Skillian, you acted on instinct to protect someone. It was quick, they likely did not even feel anything." She paused a moment "And most importantly... you didn't enjoy it."

    She got up and paused Oh my God... I've killed eleven men in the past two hours She took a deep breath hold it together Ell

    She turned to Skillian "Seems like their about done up there, lets go see if we can help someone WITHOUT any killing" She said with a nervous smile, trying to hold back the tears she knew would come later once she was alone.


    TAG Seremela, chuckles, sarge, campfire peeps.


    OCC ...I know I probably sound like my brother but-but short post ANNOY me!:eek: />/>
  4. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    GM NOTE:

    So, updates will come within the next day or two, but I wanted to give a couple of players the opportunity to get a post up. Campfire Crew, it's pretty easy to say you've handled the soldiers, so feel free to get to know each other some more. I thank you for your patience and continued attention in this game. :)

    I will be moving Xan along though, so, without any further ado...


    IC: Strange Traveling Man
    Neo Alanvar, Tavern

    The old man listened carefully, his eyes attentively on Alleria's. As the young woman spoke, it was clear she was discomforted about... something. The man pulled his strange cap from his head, revealing tangled dark gray locks of hair down to his shoulders. He carefully considered her words, even after she clearly changed the subject. The silence was awkward for a moment, and Alleria squirmed in her seat slightly.

    The man started as if surprised. "Oh..... my dear child, I'm sorry. I'm afraid my old mind can't quite handle everything all at once like it used to." He laughed jovially for a moment before continuing. "What was that? Where I have traveled? Yes, travel is truly spectacular, especially at my age." He paused for a moment as if thinking on what to say. "Oh..... here, there... everywhere even. I've set foot on every kingdom's soil in my travels. You see, I'm a bard and a scholar. I have for the past few years been trying to trace the history of the Mages of Alanvar, from the past to the present.... but I may have said that. My travels have most recently taken me through the Fire Kingdom, where I was examining the contracts for enchanted gems that the Mages developed with the Fir'naki, but you may know all about that yourself, I take it. We of the Fir'nak can easily recognize our brothers and sisters, after all." The man paused, suddenly aware he was rambling. "Well, at any rate, I have been everwhere." He leaned in and next whispered conspiratorially, "I've even been to the Dark Kingdom a time or two, not something that many people can brag about." He winked slyly at her, and then something over her shoulder caught his eye.

    "Well, my young friend, it appears your friend is done. I should be going, as he seems to be in somewhat of a hurry." He then stood and pulled his odd green cap onto his head, the silk flowing down past his shoulder blades. He nodded to Alleria and said in a friendly voice, "Well, my dear friend, thank you for the company. I shall leave you to your friend now. I have a feeling that you and I will meet again, young Alleria. Until that time, take care." He cast her a mysterious smile, turned, and then he was gone, leaving only confusion in his wake.

    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

    IC: Alve Girent
    Neo Alanvar, A Tavern

    Alve was finishing his discussion when he noticed his young pupil conversing with someone. As he finished his business, he took a closer look. It was an old man, bedraggled and travel-worn. As he looked closer there was something.... familiar about him. He moved slowly forward, gazing intently at Alleria's conversation companion. Could that be...

    Their eyes met briefly, and then the old man stood and left just as Alve was reaching the table. The older fire mage didn't know who that was, but couldn't shake the feeling he recognized him. He looked at the girl in front of him before asking, "Who was that?" He paused for a moment and then continued. "Ah, nevermind. It's unimportant. My business is finished. Let's head back to the tower. It's getting dark." The two left the tavern and as they walked, he cast her a smile. "So, you've been locked away in the Mage's Tower for some time, how does it feel to get out and see this wondrous city?" He extended his arms, taking in their surroundings, then awaited her response.

    TAG: DarthXan318
  5. Seremela Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 12, 2008
    star 3
    OOC: I had hoped to be able to do one more post, but alas, I have hardly any time left and I rather not throw something rushed in. I'm off now for two weeks. I guess I'll see where Skillan's at when I come back, Chuckles, I have every fate in you for where you'll put him [face_mischief]

    Have fun!

  6. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    For QGR

    IC: Fynn Thrinsata
    By the Campfire

    Fynn had seen death before. Despite the fear and pain that was a harbinger of its fitfully random onslaught, death was very, very much like life. It began with a sudden quiver of anguish, later eclipsed by a long bout of tedious brilliance, and brought frightfully short in an event shrouded by mystery and wonder.

    Watching the soldiers being cut down around her with precision and majesty both terrifying and marvelous to behold, Fynn paused once to consider the parallels between life and death.

    Then she leapt forward.

    When she finally stepped away from the torn and battered forms stretched before her, panting and shuddering as the heart-fluttering effects of adrenaline were swept from her body, Fynn struggled to keep from falling to her knees. It felt as if someone had took an axe and chopped her legs out from under her, and tore her lungs from her chest. She had fought before, but never to the death, never surrounded by so much death.

    The horizon quivered before her eyelids, which trembled with exhaustion, and her iron-weighted limbs flopped clumsily. Finally surrendering to an infinite weariness, Fynn dropped to the ground and rested her dark, lightly muscled arms on her knees. Lifting her head slightly, Fynn looked around at the motley assortment of people who made up this small group, wondering if they felt the same weariness that she did. As if the fate of the whole land, and the lives of everyone in it, rested upon her back.

    TAG: Campfire Crew
  7. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Woods


    So what do we have here?

    Stepping away from the cover of the woods once this mini-battlefield had been cleared of enemies, Lyle planted one end of his bow into the ground so that he can lean upon it. One of his men were by his side but the rest were either tending their wounded or remained within cover, ready to rain down a couple more arrows in case these possible allies turned out to be not so friendly.

    A couple of these possible allies being quite the lookers Lyle thought, his eyes lingering on the pale woman that reminded him of Sassana - though much thinner it seems -, the woman with the blue-black hair, and another woman that seemed to have gotten a little bit of blood on her. Really hoping that these ladies were looking into joining up if they already weren't. This would be a nice number to add with their female numbers...which were too few for the archer's tastes.

    "Crazy night, eh?" Lyle asked, the question not really directed at anyone specific but he waited for one of the members of this group to speak up nonetheless.

    TAG: Campfire Crew
  8. SirakRomar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 30, 2007
    star 4
    Igrene
    Skirmish in the Forest

    The men who had hutned them were thinning. Falling dead to the ground whereever they met. Igrene felt good. She felt satisfied. They had killed her protectors, so the lust for revenge was logical, was it? It was what she was meant to do and now she had her revenge.

    The last mans skull splitted in her hands, as it froze too much and she dropped him, taking up the mans spear. Looking around she smiled and began to stab those who had managed to survive.

    "They are so weak." She said then, looking down on them. Maybe that meant they were not appropriate. For revenge. "Who are their leaders?" She aksed into the group and looked from one member to the others. Those who cared would probably see a disturbing lack of emotions after the fight. None, actually. Igrene had forgotten to fake them. Several hours later she would curse herself for that.

    Tag: Group
  9. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    Mynron Sagik
    -Forest


    "Crazy night, eh?"

    "Who are their leaders?"

    What the hell? The commander of the forces that had aided them was acting like a complete bafoon, not noticing that there was still a battle raging on behind him. Then, Igrene was asking who the leaders were. Why the hell would they go for the leaders? The mages were bad enough, but the leaders of the mages? That was suicide and Mynron instantly felt that this chick was crazy and that he definitely would not be going with her anywhere. She had a death wish. He didn't. So they would soon part ways.

    And Mynron said as much.

    "Eh? Leaders? What da hell would goin afta da leaders prove? Dey would kill ya. Dead. Ask dis man." He was standing now, despite the weakness he was feeling in his legs, arms, and all the rest of his body. Mynron had used his magic skills before, but had never used them to such an extent and was now feelin the after effects. Turning to the leaders of the Rebel archers, Mynron nodded his head.

    "Hey. I was bout to go to da Earth Kingdom to check out da rebels dere, but since yall here. Figure I migh as well join now. Name's Mynron Sagik. You guys got a hell of a recruiting service." It was then that he grinned and looked down at his hands. They were black and he was sure that they shouldn't be. He dusted them off on his pants and then walked over to the rebel leader to shake his hand.

    "What ya name?"

    Tag: Sarge, Crew
  10. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Alleria Deron
    Tavern, Neo Alanvar, Earth Kingdom

    Alleria blinked, disoriented by the old man's abrupt turnabout. He had been telling her a fascinating story about his travels (she didn't quite believe the part about the Dark Kingdom, but she always liked news of the Fire Kingdom), and then suddenly - not. Why?

    "Who was that?" Alve asked, materialising beside her. Alleria blinked again and looked up at him, startled and a little abashed - for she had no idea. They had not exchanged names -

    Her mind snagged on another, more important detail: he had known her name. Alleria was completely certain she had not given it to him. How, then, had he known it? Worried and at a loss, she glanced at the now-empty doorway, and then back at her mentor.

    "Ah, nevermind," Alve said easily after a beat. "It's unimportant. My business is finished. Let's head back to the tower. It's getting dark." He smiled at her as they left. "So, you've been locked away in the Mage's Tower for some time, how does it feel to get out and see this wondrous city?"

    Alleria grinned back. "It's great," she said enthusiastically. "All full of people and life and magic, I love it already. It's fantastic. I think I see why they never let us out on our own though, Master," she added impishly. "We'd never learn anything."

    Alve looked amused. "You're learning already, my apprentice." He checked his watch. "We have some time. Why don't we take a stroll through the main street? You wouldn't have seen it yet, even from the air - I know that tetchy old recruitment-master still insists on bringing newcomers in at the dead of night, the better to completely isolate them from the world at large -"

    The pair ambled around, two mages in a sea of magicians, Alve pointed out various oddities, knick-knacks and sundry as they passed them (and while his smile was indulgent, he firmly steered his reluctant apprentice away from the vendor selling small animals that looked like flying puffs of fur). Alleria was enchanted. This colourful, vibrant city was all she had ever dreamed of and more.

    TAG: Chuks (go ahead and fast-forward to whatever else you were moving towards.. :D)
  11. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    GM POST

    I apologize for the continued delay in the update. Several things have kept me from completing it. I appreciate your continued patience, and promise without a doubt that it will be forthcoming within the next hour or two. :)

    ~Your GM, Chukles 38
  12. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Dancing Duelist
    Battlefield

    The young man was confident. He was faster, and it seemed his attack would succeed. However, Valen proved to be far more experienced. The huge man?s sword was plunged into the ground. It was something the young man did not expect. His sword flew from his hands as he met with far more resistance than he thought he would.

    As Valen swung his hammer the duelist ducked back, dodging once again. He was about to spring backwards towards his weapon when Valen?s heavy boot came down and shattered his knee and shin. The young man collapsed. Searing pain shot through his leg while his right arm killed from the shock of the blow. This duel was over.

    TAG: Ktala

    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

    The bard spent some more time munching away on the meat. As always, his audience sat impatiently. He always chose the best places to stop, it seemed. After licking the grease from his fingers, he looked back up. ?Oh, now?.. where was I???

    The audience stirred briefly before they began calling out at random, mentioning the battle, the dark mage, the forest folk, and so forth. After a laugh from the bard, he continued. ?Yes, yes. That?s right. Now, every story?even those based in reality?need a villain. As you may have gathered, one of them was Remuza.? An audible gasp emanated from the group at the mere mention of his name, bringing a slight smile to his lips. However, his voice soon became gravely serious.

    ?The dark mage continued to dance through the rebels, decimating their ranks. Men fell, and he lived. The other mages as well were tearing through the rebellion. While the Alanva had suffered heavy casualties, it seemed that the rebellion had lost quite a number of soldiers themselves.

    ?Dark spheres spiraled through the air as Remuza continued his Dance of Death. It ceased as he came up against Xavier, and the fighting around stopped. The rebel soldiers near to Xavier moved closer protectively, while the Alanva moved to find safer waters in which to tread.

    ?Remuza?s smooth, featureless mask was chilling, but not as chilling as the smirk that crossed his face beneath the stone. When he spoke, his voice conceivably could be the voice of Death itself. ?Well, boy, do you remember me?? A soft chuckle issued from Remuza as he laughed at his own twisted joke.

    ?Xavier stood boldly, despite his knowledge of what the creature that stood before him truly was. ?Of course I do, Remuza. I watched you slaughter my father. You made a mistake. You should have slaughtered me as well.??

    ?The black figure laughed once again. ?My dear child,? despite the kind phrasing, his words sent shivers down the spines of everyone around. ?Your time had not come, as it has not come now.?

    ?Xavier scoffed at this. ?And who are you to dictate when people live and die??

    ?Remuza laughed once more. ?Foolish child, I am death incarnate. All things live and die on my whim. Now is not your time, but it soon comes. Run, scared little child. Run and hide your precious rebellion. You cannot win this battle or this war. You know that. Run and hide. Find the deepest holes of the earth, it matters not. Death will find you when your time comes. Death finds all, and as such I will find you. Remember, you of all people cannot hide long from me.? An evil chuckle followed, and then Remuza disappeared quite suddenly into the shadows around, his laughter echoing in his absence.

    ?Xavier looked?? However, the bard didn?t get to finish. A young boy interrupted, angry.

    ?Wait, no. Who kills this Remuza guy?? The bard looked at the child inquisitively.

    ?Why does someone have to kill him??

    ?He?s the villain. Villains always die. He has to die.? The bard cocked his head at this.

    ?Why is that? Villains live long and fruitful lives often times. But, listen, if you wish for me to finish this story, you will see how it all plays out.? The boy blushed, but said nothing. ?now, if you will let me continue?.

    ?Xavier looked visibly shaken. From looking around the battle field, it was clear that defeat was
  13. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Forest

    "?Thank the gods I found you. Corporal Zahara, I come with direct orders from High Commander Kilmor. The battle is over, and the retreat is about to be sounded."


    That didn't exactly sound very good. Won a victory over here but apparently the rest of the army wasn't having that much luck. Lyle's thoughts immediately went to Sassana, of her swaying hips and the kiss that she had given him before the battle had even started. Good or bad, he hoped that at least that woman had survived through the whole debacle.

    "Can't win 'em all," Lyle finally replied and then looked back over to the group of strangers that he guessed the men they had taken out had been after. What to do with these ones? Well, a couple of them seemed willing to join - though granted that that one was just a little kid - but that was gong to be their choice.

    "Alright, so we're going to be having what one would all a tactical withdrawal," Lyle spoke, this time to the forest group. "Anyone who would like to join is nice ad welcome to. Stay..." he motioned his head out to where the battle was, "and I'm sure the guys who will be staying will love to know what happened to the guys who we just killed. So I at least advise you to come with."

    Looking back over his shoulder, Lyle raised a hand, twirled a finger in the air, and pointed off in the direction of where they would be retreating. More silent hand signals to gather up and withdraw while he awaited the group's decision.

    TAG: Forest Group
  14. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Alleria Deron
    Mage Tower, Neo Alanvar, Earth Kingdom

    Alleria lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling.

    She had not, in the excitement of seeing the city, forgotten about that strange old man. Oh sure, she had put it out of her mind while Alve was showing her around - had had to, as one of the first things she had learnt was her mentor was unusually perceptive - but now she was back in the privacy of her little room, and she could puzzle it over without fear of discovery.

    So puzzle she did.

    Alve Girent did have duties his apprentice knew nothing about, duties which sometimes required him to leave on assignment with little or no warning. Alleria had defended him automatically today, but that didn't change the fact that it was true. What did he do outside the tower walls - and why? For that matter, what had his 'business' been at the tavern today? She had meant to ask, but the opportunity had never come up. Alve had not let her - in fact, had distracted her rather nicely with the sights of the city.

    Suspicion coiled in her heart. She had always trusted her mentor - liked him, looked up to him. He had believed in her even when her other teachers shook their heads in exasperation. But now, come to think of it, she had no idea what he really did.

    And the old man had known her name.

    The young mage blew out a sigh and heaved herself out of bed. This was pointless.

    She needed to take a walk, clear her head. The outside air always made her feel better. Alleria slipped on a pair of sandals and a coat - these chilly Earth Kingdom nights made her miss home - and slipped out the door, heading towards the courtyard.

    TAG: Chuks
  15. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC Elicia Bathory


    Ignoring the Archer, Ell went to see if she could help any of the wounded.

    Walking among the fallen she considered what she had done with her life.

    I've helped people, saved lives, families, property... but I've done it all through death. How much good does it take to wash the stains of blood off your hands?

    Kneeling next to one man who was still alive but fading fast, she knelt next to him and held his hand as the life drained from his body as. And she remembered somthing her father had told her once he saw that she had realized what her gifts could do to people after she had injured one of her sparring partners, actually crippleing the young man because she hadn't been paying close enough attention. After had she realized what the path she chosen for her life would mean.

    "Remember daughter, blood stains not only the killers hands, but the healers to"

    She smiled at the man dying on the ground before her as his eyes came into focus one last time before glazing over in death. Her father had spoken those words with design, for the skill that goes hand in hand with taking life, is preserving it.

    As her Father taught her the ways of a Weapons Master, her mother had taught her of the healing arts. She had only a modest skill in that area and it showed through in her teachings. During that time Elicia had always thought healing was a lesser skill than fighting because her Father was one of the most sought after teachers in the entire realm, not for his skill with a blade which was nowhere near that of the great Weapons Master, but because he was an amzing teacher. Where as her mother was not only a mediocre healer, but an even worse teacher.

    But during her years as an outlaw, Elicia had seen a true healer in the form of "Momma" Nora.

    Nora had joined Ell's then little group right after Elicia's mother had died while they were looting a battle field for weapons and armor before the victor had had their chance to do so. They were headed away from the carnage when they came across the medical tent for one of the then unknown sides. Inside they found Belinora whells, chief healer for what they found out was a different incarnation of the rebellion.

    Not a mage, she had devoted her life to studying the human body, as well as herb's and their effect on it.

    Nora had joined them because she didn't have any way to contact any of the other parts of the rebellion and hadn't had anywhere else to go.

    In payment, the old women had expanded Elicia's knowledge of healing. Unfortunatly, before she had time to learn even a fration of the things Momma Nora could teach her, her little group of followers grew into a large group of followers and keeping everything running had taken up to mauch of her time.

    As she was reminiscing about this a soldier burst out of the forest and exclaimed Thank the gods I found you. Corporal Zahara, I come with direct orders from High Commander Kilmor. The battle is over, and the retreat is about to be sounded

    Ell realized that not paying attention to this man might have been a bad mistake.

    "Alright, so we're going to be having what one would all a tactical withdrawal,Anyone who would like to join is nice ad welcome to."

    "Stay..." he said motioning with his head at the dead men "and I'm sure the guys who will be staying will love to know what happened to the guys who we just killed. So I at least advise you to come with."

    Elicia started to panic, if the mages started searching this forest, they would find her home.
    The she latched onto somthing the messenger had said Kilmor, that means their with the rebellion.

    The man was turning to go into his "Tactical withdraw" as she rushed over to him. But not to quickly [she didn't feel like becoming a pin cushin tonight thank you very much].

    "Excuse me, Corporal is it? I have five houndred people in this forest who it would be a very bad thing for the mages to find, can you by any chance help me out with that?"


    />
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Forest


    No answer from anyone despite his warning and Lyle blew out a breath at that, causing mixed strands of blond, brown, and red to raise from his forehead before gently dropping back down once he finished. Alrighty then, he made his warning and offer but either people were too stunned or just didn't care at this very moment to make a response.

    Ah well, he tried. Straightening, Lyle removed his bow from the ground and shouldered it while making a motion to the rest of his troops to start heading out. If any of these people wanted to join they were gonna have to start running to keep up or at least disappear in some other direction before the mages came to investiga-

    "Excuse me, Corporal is it?"

    Eh?

    Having detected the movement, Lyle turned to face one of the ladies of the group that he had noticed before, the one that had the most blood on her when he had arrived. At this distance, he was able to see that the lady was well-armed. Knives he could see...and cleavers...and more knives. That wasn't the only thing that Lyle took note of about her form however, and the polite smile he gave to her was partly in greeting but also partly at some not-so polite thoughts that came to his mind. The smile didn't last too long, however, once he heard about her situation.

    "I don't really see what you expect me to do," Lyle replied, once again glancing at where he should be withdrawing. The retreat was already being put in effect if he had to guess. In only a few moments the field will belong to the Mages and they'll probably do a quick scout here before trying to pursue the rebel army. "Best advice I can give you is just to get to those men, round 'em up, and get out of here as quick as you can. You can come with us but you really need to get out of here fast."

    Lyle didn't want to make himself look like the bad guy, especially to a pretty lady, but what was he supposed to do that the lady couldn't do herself? Once again he took a glance back at where his men were retreating, then at the lady, then at the rest of the forest group.

    They really needed to get mooooviiiinnnng....

    TAG: Forest Group
  17. WINKWINK Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 15, 2008
    star 1
    IC elicia Bathory


    She could tell that he was anxious to get moving, but she needed a bit more to go on before she left to get her people.

    "Yes I'll "Round em up", but their not just men, theres one hundred and fifty fighting men, twenty more still training, the elderly and the wives and families. and I don't know where to tell them to go" She looked at him and smiled, disgusted with herself for trting to menipulate him that way "And i don't even know if the rebellion has any use for women in it's ranks and since over half of my people are women..."

    Judgeing by the look he had given her she figured that ought to get his attention.



    TAG Sarge. sorry sarge, should have been more specific />/>
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Valen Tomask
    On the Battlefield

    The young man was confident. He was faster. Too bad he didnt have the experience to back it up. Valen watched with a detached amusement, as the other man's sword flew from his hands as he met with far more resistance than he thought he would, after Valen had plunged his sword into the ground.

    As Valen swung his hammer the duelist ducked back, dodging once again, as he had expected. He was about to spring backwards towards his weapon when Valen?s heavy boot came down and shattered his knee and shin. The young man collapsed. Valen could see the look of pain on the man's face. Valen pulled his sword out of the ground and slowly walked over towards the young man, putting away his hammer.

    Valen could hear some type of commotion going on within the rebel group, as excited shouts reached his ears. Valen shook his head. "Normally, I'd let you leave, to learn a lesson. But I think you are out of lessons. Sorry." Valen let his sword fly....


    ----

    Retreat!

    Valen looked up, and back to the rest of the rebels, looking for Xavier. This battle was a disaster. Valen noticed dark spheres spiraled through the air and a man dresssed in black, wearing some sort of mask. He was nearing Xavier.

    The rebel soldiers near to Xavier moved closer protectively, while the Alanva moved to find safer waters in which to tread. Valen clutched his sword, and strode over to the area.

    The man's voice could be heard, as he spoke to Xavier. "Well, boy, do you remember me?" A soft chuckle followed.

    Xavier stood boldly. "Of course I do, Remuza. I watched you slaughter my father. You made a mistake. You should have slaughtered me as well."
    Valen held back a groan. So, the thing had a name. Remuza. Xavier came close, watching the two interact.

    The black figure laughed once again. "My dear child," his words caused several soldiers to shiver involuntarily. "Your time had not come, as it has not come now."[/i] Who WAS this man?

    Xavier scoffed at this. "And who are you to dictate when people live and die?" The answer came swiftly, as Remuza laughed once more. "Foolish child, I am death incarnate. All things live and die on my whim. Now is not your time, but it soon comes. Run, scared little child. Run and hide your precious rebellion. You cannot win this battle or this war. You know that. Run and hide. Find the deepest holes of the earth, it matters not. Death will find you when your time comes. Death finds all, and as such I will find you. Remember, you of all people cannot hide long from me." An evil chuckle followed, and then Remuza disappeared quite suddenly into the shadows around, his laughter echoing in his absence.

    Valen frowned deeply. A wizard. Wonderful. A demented one at that.

    Xavier looked different. He looked visibly shaken. Defeated. Valen gave a growl. He turned to the officers around him, his voice hollow. "The battle is lost. Sound the retreat on my command." He turned to another officer and pointed to him. "You, Corporal Zahara is in the woods, over there," He next pointed to the woods. "Go and tell him to meet at the rendezvous point. Whatever the Alanva was doing in there, it is to his discretion as to what to do with it. Go. Now."

    Valen turned, and began to bark orders, as the word to retreat was passed quietly through the ranks, and as the High Commander gave the word, a thick fog began to filter into the clearing, the work of ice mages. Valen barked orders, getting the men to move as the rebels quickly disengaged and rushed to the woods, more flares, brighter and more direct, were fired off into the fog. The fog reflected the flares and an intense light filled the clearing, blinding the Alanva momentarily.

    The rebellion disappeared into the trees.

    As they retreated, Valen looked darkly at the men around him. Their faces told the story, and it was not a pleasant once to hear. They had hoped to do much, but only seemed to be a small dent. Even more disconcerting, was that Xavier was shaken and in poor spirits. They wea
  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Forest

    "And i don't even know if the rebellion has any use for women in it's ranks and since over half of my people are women..."


    Eh?

    Lyle's brow raised just a tad at that, at the thought of a quite few more women into their little army. Well hey if there were more women involved how could he possibly turn this lady awa-

    Wait wait wait. In times like these, while the ladies were a nice deciding factor on his next course of action, survival was up there as well. Namely his own. What to do what to do...

    Once again Lyle looked between where his men were retreating - where he should be going to ensure he lived the next day - and the lady that was requesting information - and could also lead to vastly much more women that Lyle could associate with.

    Survival. What was the point of women when he wasn't alive to enjoy them?

    But the ladies! What was the point of survival if there was no ladies to celebrate with?

    Survival.

    Ladies.

    Survival.

    Ladies.

    ...Oh boy was he in trouble.

    "Alright, alright," Lyle finally spoke, presenting his best, winning smile to hide the conflict that continued to rage within him. "Just hurry and gather up all your wom- people. I'll lead you all to where we're regrouping but you have to make it fast. Can't exactly tell ya where we're going just in case one of you get caught afterall."

    TAG: WINKWINK, Forest Group
  20. SirakRomar Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 30, 2007
    star 4
    Igrene
    Forest - Battleground


    Igrene did not talk. Not that she had nothing to say. she was just sure what was appropriate.

    Looking down on the dead soldiers she had killed. Half a dozen, all covered with icy wounds, did . . . nothing to her. And she had watched enough men kill to know, that wasn´t right, either. But she could not fake interest. She had killed them and she would kill more.

    "Lead the way." She finally mumbled at the leader of archers and looked at the others.

    Finding the rebellion had been easier than expected. She did not like that. Because she was unsure what her next aim would be. But she was pretty sure one needed something to long for to survive.

    Tag: Chuckles, Sarge, others

    ooc: Sorry this is short, but I had a little writer´s block. I am sure my next post will be back to my usual quality.
  21. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 7
    Orml Chal
    Forest


    The rebels had been given the order to retreat, which meant it would all be over shortly. Orml wasn't sure if that meant he should be relieved or horrified about what the attackers would probably do in the aftermath. If what Mynron said had been true...

    But it was best not to dwell on it. He walked over to the rebel commander - of whatever rank he was - taking care to avoid glancing at any of the carnage around him. His nerves were still a bit shaken, and he actually had ended up throwing up after the last gruesome display. How could people do this to each other? Didn't anyone see that as long as man fought, and killed, the cycle of violence would merely perpetuate until everything was obliterated?

    He often had nightmares about it. Great, searing infernos of towering flame enveloping everything - man, beast, plant - white hot annihilation consuming everything in an agonizingly slow instant. Things burned and yet did not burn. Skin seared and yet flaked off. Then the flash would envelope him, and his own flesh would be ripped away, revealing a great dark mass, and then it, too, would be consumed, leaving nothing.

    Sometimes that was where he woke up. Other times, he would then find himself standing in an immense black void, and all the ghosts of those killed by his father's instruments of death would torment him, pulling him inward and yet every which way. They would persist at this until finally a great maw appeared from the inky blackness and devoured them whole.

    Perhaps involuntarily, he looked one last time at the severed arm, still clenching so desperately to that fine Chal sword. It seemed to be drawing him towards it, and before Orml was fully aware of what he was doing, he had begun stepping towards the Arm, a mysterious, almost magnetic pull beckoning him ever closer. At last he came to where it lay. It was pale, it's lifeblood having stained the ground around it crimson, the cut having been a clean sever just below the elbow. Orml felt compelled to touch the fingers. He reached out, and hesitated slightly before touching the tips of his digits to those of the Arm.

    Cold.

    Dead.

    These lifeless pieces of tissue had once belonged to one much as himself. A man, perhaps not even that old, cut down before he could see the end of this conflict. Did he have a family? Would they know the tale of how he died? Would they sing his praises for dying for a cause he believed him? Would they lament his untimely demise, fighting for something he cared little for... or perhaps didn't even agree with?

    ... Did he have children? Would they curse him for abandoning them?

    Orml felt a tear roll down his cheek. What he did next could only be described as crazy.

    Prying the mans' fingers away from the sword, he lifted the blade up, and stuck it in his belt, sheathless. This sword would never be used again, and he would have it destroyed in the memory of the man. Turning again to head towards the rebel commander, he left the Arm where it lay, regretting that he had no time to give it a proper burial.

    "Well," Orml called out, regaining his composure, "I thank you for saving us, even if I do disagree with your... methods. I am a wanderer by trade. I think, for a while, I shall wander with you, if that is alright. No sense in staying here."

    He did not look back to see the ground had swelled up to cover the Arm.

    TAG: Sarge, Campfire Crew, Chuks
  22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Forest

    "Lead the way."


    Lyle glanced at the other lady of this little group, the one that reminded him a bit of Sassana with the very pale face and hair. This, of course, caused him to do a quick little visual survey of this one but, despite what he saw, a slight chill went down his spine. He had taken note of the dead men around her and he couldn't find any physical wounds that would resemble a cut or stab of a sword or some other weapon. Maybe the mystery of their death, and how this one didn't seem at all caring about it, caused that little chill.

    A cold one this one was, Lyle decided as he glanced back up at her face. Very. He had failed a couple of times on women that were what you would call cold but this one....yeesh.

    "Well, I thank you for saving us, even if I do disagree with your... methods. I am a wanderer by trade."

    Lyle looked at the next one of the group, this one unfortunately male instead of female but oh well; even his luck wasn't that good all the time.

    "Eh, I'll try to think of something different next time," Lyle replied to this man while wondering what he meant by his 'methods'. Methods as in killing the soldiers to save their lives? "Maybe have them sit down so we can have a chat and share some drinking games."

    So recruitment seemed to be going good on his end. A couple people here and, if that other lady was being truthful, there was a nice good hundreds-strong group somewhere that he can bring back with him. Half of them being women of course, let's not forget that important factor.

    "Alright, sounds like I have some new friends to bring home," Lyle said aloud. "We're just gonna help this one," he nodded towards the woman that promised him the big group of people, "round up her people and then I'll bring you along to our nice little rebellion."

    TAG: WINKWINK, ramza, Sirak, Woods People
  23. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Sassana Elanun
    Battle Field, Earth Kingdom


    A curved wall appeared in front of the earth mage, and things suddenly became vastly more complicated. The blast of wind that she has previously sent at him was now redirected back at her, stopping almost all forward motion. While it wouldn't be a long term issue by any means, if you stood still against an earth mage for terribly long they would- Oh hell.

    Mud. It really should have clued Sassana in on what was happening. Instead of laying there it was now flying through the air and moving to encase her in what would likely be a terribly dark and dirty casket. Stupid, stupid, stupid! This was going to be relatively unpleasant, but at least there was a way to survive. As the wet earth started to close in on her, Sassana's mind snapped the air around her into a spherical shell.

    As the mud hardened around her Sassana started to apply pressure, causing the mud eggshell that surrounded her to have cracks form in it. Then suddenly she was heading towards the ground. She knew this because her head rather unexpectedly smashed into the top of the ball she found herself in. It didn't quite snap her concentration, but she was now sitting on the bottom of of her rather dark tiny little world. Until it shattered around her.

    Apparently Mr. Earth Mage wanted her to be shredded into itty bitty pieces by a smashing mudball. Rockball? Whatever it was, the shards were not going to be fun to deal with if they made it through her barrier. Even though she knew she was going to be bounced around pretty good, Sassana focused all of her energy into making sure her barrier wouldn't crack. Hopefully she'd still have enough mental capacity after the jarring to not get herself killed.

    Then it hit her. Taking a little of her attention from the barrier, the air around her thickened into something cushioning... and the little world shook. Light came roaring back into her world, and it was blinding. Not really caring about seeing, Sassana just soared into the skies again, making certain she was utterly out of range of anything Earthy might try and throw at her.

    Having just escaped a rather ribbony ending to her life and being practically blinded by the light was not her idea of a good time. Highly pissed was a very good way of putting her state of mind at the moment. Fire filled her eyes, and the air around her whipped the white tresses of her hair in wild directions. As her vision cleared she looked down at a dead man.

    Deciding that doing something slightly spectacular was suddenly well worth it, Sassana reached out with her mind and touched the air surrounding the other mage who was even now trying to figure out some way to attack her so far from his beloved earth. Suddenly he wasn't looking up at her anymore, but struggling to draw a breath. The air around him was suddenly hard as a granite, and equally implacable. And it was squeezing.

    In a way she enjoyed seeing the terror on the mans face, and then it froze in that as the pressure was suddenly compressing his skin as though being pressed against a wall. A side effect of this was that everything around him was being pulled into him as well, as the air contracted it created a vacuum which had to be filled with something, and so everything surrounding it moving that way was the result.

    The pressure continued to build, and build, and then it was simply too much and everything about the man suddenly became a red mush. Letting a small hole in the top of the man shaped air, a stream of blood and other fluids started to fly into the air as the other mage was crushed into a literal pulp.

    There was absolute silence in that small area, until a soldier retched at the sight of a body completely crushed beyond all recognition. When she released the pressure what was left of the body literally exploded out and over the other soldiers, mainly covering the ex-mages compatriots. The explosive concussion seemed to shatter the moment, and men started eying each other again.

    For a moment Sassana stared where the
  24. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    Here is the update. Enjoy people. The story is starting to get interesting now, and soon things are really going to take off. Thank you for sticking with me. I hope it has been slightly enjoyable for you. :)

    As well, blubeast had to step out of the game, so his character Mynron will no longer be seen in the RP.


    IC: Vailenar
    The Battle

    Vailenar roared in outrage as his opponent shot up out of the sphere and high into the air. He hated wind mages. They were so flighty... it drove him mad. But he didn?t think much on it. He began gathering his strength for when she got back down. He never had a chance. It happened slowly, but? he soon became aware that breath was coming harder to him. Before he grasped what was going on, the fight was over.

    He felt his body compress much more quickly than was comfortable? not that being compressed by pounds upon pounds upon pounds of air was ever pleasant. His thoughts became jumbled, and air would not reach his lungs. The pain was unbearable, but it was short lived. He soon passed out, partly because of lack of oxygen and partly due to the pain. Shortly thereafter? well, we?ve already seen the results of this.

    TAG:.... none, unless he want?s to haunt Trim.

    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

    It had been a long tale thus far, and was nowhere near to being over. The bard spoke again, ?The battle had fallen apart, and the rebellion had retreated. Lyle had decided to lead the Forest Folk to retrieve Elicia?s followers. Skillan had said little. The bloody woman had slightly unsettled him. He didn?t know what to think about this, and mutely followed after the rest. Fynn had said and done little, but it was clear to her that the safest course of action was to follow this archer.

    ? And so the group made their way through the woods as quickly as they could, and it was good they had. The archers that had left Lyle did not make it back to the rebellion, for the Mages caught them. Mynron too, who had chosen to follow the archers, was not seen again.

    ?The group found their way safely to Elicia?s group, where they briefly regrouped as they awaited the group to be prepared for departure.?


    TAG: Forest Folk, Sarge221

    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

    ?Back at the rebellion encampment, Xavier sat dejectedly in his tent. Things were not looking good. Not at all. The battle had been a terrible failure. While the rebels had had a certain amount of surprise and large numbers, the power of the Mages simply was too much. Xavier didn?t know what to do. Thigns seemed lost. At length, he sent for Valen and Sassana, intent on discussing a future battle plan.?

    TAG: Ktala, Trimaj

    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

    The bard had stopped speaking for a moment, and his audience, clearly distressed by the state of the rebellion, wished to change to what they hoped was a happier topic. ?What of the girl? Alleria?? A young boy asked. The bard?s look grew sad, his eyes reflecting an infinite sorrow.

    ?Alleria couldn?t sleep. The incident with the old man earlier still played heavily on her mind. To relieve her thoughts, she took a stroll through the courtyard. In the hallway, she bumped into a man, almost sending her to the ground. Her gaze lifted as she was about to apologize, but she lost her voice shortly after.

    ?Before her stood a man, clearly an older mage, and she felt her blood chill at the sight of him. His black robe hung open, revealing a black combat suit, clearly designed for added protection while still allowing for movement. But, she didn?t notice any of this. Her eyes met his, and she shivered. His gaze was cold, and his skin pale. He was not a figure anyone would want to spend more time than necessary with.

    ?She began shaking slightly, afraid that he might be upset. Instead he brought a finger up to softly trace down Alleria?s face, resting briefly on her chin. ?So beautiful.? He paused for a moment. His words, while complimentary, stopped Alleria?s heart
  25. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Woods, Outlaw Encampment


    Seven, eight, five, nine.

    Lyle turned his head.

    Eight, nine, nine, eight.

    Lyle turned his head in the other direction and suddenly made a face.

    Ugh. One, one, one, one.

    Moving on, Lyle turned to one much more promising.

    Mmmmm...

    Lyle leaned forward just a bit as she passed, his eyes looking downwards at first and then slowly moving back up as he continued.

    ....Eight, nine, three, eight. Bit more development there for you I think.

    So Lyle pretty much hit the jackpot with this find when he had been assigned to doing some scouting out in the woods. Got a couple people that seemed to have some affinity for magic from what he saw when he first stumbled upon the group in the woods. And one of the other members of the group just happened to have an even bigger group of people that Lyle may just yet return to the rebellion with.

    And from what Lyle could see so far, there were quite a few specimens here as well. With his usual ranking system of one to ten made for only the important features that were worth noting, it seemed that not only was the lady not lying about a nice portion of her group being female, but a portion of those were ranking pretty high on Lyle's efficient system.

    Sure, there were a couple ones in there but all in all he found himself a good catch.

    He didn't let this viewing distract him from the other important thing that was on his mind; getting back to the rebellion with this catch alive. He wished that he still had a couple of his men around, help out with gathering these people up and getting them ready to go, but they were probably meeting up with the rebellion this instant, informing Xavier and the rest of the others what he was up to.

    And earning a couple more points with the Lieutenant, Lyle thought again, thinking of the more exotic of their officers. Having lost a battle probably would be putting a damper on everyone at this moment, but with this he'll hope that the spirits will be raised back up and they can get back to killing some mages. And drinking in celebration as they kick around said mages.

    "Let's hurry on up!" Lyle called out to further urge the group to finish. "We're losing the night here!"

    It would be much better to move while they still had the darkness of night on their side to keep them hidden when they moved out. He had no idea if the mages were scouring the forest at this very moment but hopefully they'll be out of here long before they manage to stumble onto their position.

    Sighing through his nose, Lyle caught another form to examine. Thinking that there wasn't anything more that he could currently do to speed things up, he went back to business.

    Here's another one. Starting off with a nine...nine...

    TAG: Forest Group
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.