main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Breath Away From Hell (A/V, Drama/Romance/Action) Chapter One- And So They Came

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Title: A Breath Away From Hell
    Author: AnakinsFavorite
    Summary: Padmé did not die at the end of ROTS. Although she was a political opponent to the Empire, Vader was incapable of killing her and instead sent her to one of the ghetto's of Naboo to remain prisoner there. As the story starts, the Empire has decided to liquidate the ghetto and send all the prisoners to a work camp on Io...
    Author's Note: Just read it, and I promise you will, as a reader, be satisfied. You were curious enough to click on this link... just give it a chance.

[i]"The Nazis victimized some people for what they did, some for what they refused to do, some for what they were, and some for the fact that they were."[/i] - John Conway

[b]Order by Lord Vader for the Liquidation
    of the Ghettos of Theed[/b]

(Day Two Hundred and Fifteen of the Imperial Order)

Fleet Command, The Two Hundredth Day of the Imperial Order

[i]The Dark Lord and Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet
    Secret[/i]

To:

1. The Higher Military Commander and Nubian Police Leader [i]Piett[/i] and [i]Brunser[/i]
    2. Chief of the Imperial Economic and Administrative Main Office

1) I order that all Nubian prisoners remaining in ghettos in the Nubian Sector area be collected in concentration camps.

2) I prohibit the withdrawal of prisoners from concentration camps for [outside] work from the Three Hundredth Day of the Imperial Order

3) A concentration camp is to be built on Io to which will be transferred the entire manufacture of clothing and equipment now operated by the Imperial Army outside. All private firms will be eliminated. The workshops are to be solely concentration camp workshops. The Chief of the Imperial Economic and Administrative Main Office is requested to see to it that there will be no shortfall in the production required by the Imperial Army as the result of this reorganization.

4) Inmates of the Nubian ghettos who are not required are to be evacuated to Kessel.

5) The date set for the reorganization of the concentration camps is the Three Hundredth Day of the Imperial Order.

signed Lord Vader

NO-2403.

[i]
    Diary,

I am afraid. It is too quiet here, and I sense that something dreadful is about to happen. The streets are quiet- everyone has taken to their homes, if the squalor in which they live can even be considered that. The ringing laughter of children is missing, and I wish to have it back- even if to just create the aura that all is well. It is silent? too silent.

Secretly, I fear, and I can show this to no one. Everyone looks up to me- it is I who must lie to my people?s faces, telling them that there will be more food and that better times are coming though I know the end is near. I have to smile or wear a sad face accordingly, and I cannot let the other show lest they should know how scared I am. In the end, I shall not be remembered as the great leader who kept a civilization of people alive for months when others had deemed it nigh impossible to do so- I know I shall go down in history as the woman who failed her people and allowed them to die. This sin, this unwanted travesty, I do not want upon my head, but it rests high above it.

I hear footsteps on the stairs. The boots are not of the makeshift material that we have been forced to mend ours with- they are that of a soldier.

Although it is not uncommon to be visited by members of the Empire, part of me knows- even deep down- that this is the end that we have been dreading. Yet, I do not dread the place to which I know we are going but the fact that I must face my people and see the betrayal in their eyes though I can do nothing to stop their fate.

And, now, I must begin to fail my people. They will not see the last breaths I use fighting for them, the way my head is held high as I am taken away as one of them, or the tears that shall fall from my eyes every night. I, for the first time in my life, shall let my people down and not receive forgiveness for doing s

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Powerful stuff. I knew all your research would pay off someday. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. teethlee

teethlee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    Interesting story I like this! Please PM me

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, yes, and please PM me as well, though we'll probably be discussing it outside the boards.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Read it a couple times... and I love it. Padme in the Ghettos trying to be the voice of order, Vader rounding people up to be sent away... all of it works. Can I have PM's when you continue?

Interesting start. Liked it. :)

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - that was so very powerful

Amazing beginning - I loved how you captured Padme's emotions.

I hope she will be able to stay strong and survive this.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Ooooooh. I liiiiiike! Can I please be pm'ed for this? I think this is going to be a good, powerful ride! I like it so much already!=D=

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, count me in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.