main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Breath of the Past" [Soontir Fel, TIme: Pre-A New Hope, NJO]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wedgeatbarkura, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Topic: Soontir Fel reflects his day's as an Imperial Officer, and also jumps forward to his participation in the NJO conflict.

Note: I do not own any of these Ideas and characters, they all belong to good old George Lucas.

Chapter 1

Colonel Soontir Fel stared out into the infinity of space. After seeing no change in the view port in 10 minutes, he decided to observe the work of his junior officers. He strode across a raised walkway two feet above the working areas of the bridge crew. His shoes clicked against the cold, steel floor and echoed faintly in the corridor. He saw his communications officer and walked across to his post.

?Any report from the Vengeance, Commander?? Fel asked in a mild, but commanding tone.

?I?m afraid not Sir, they may have been destroyed. It would be highly unlikely for any Imperial officer not to report this long, even one such as Roan.? Commander Banton replied.

?Yes, but will all know that Commander Roan is a highly capable officer, if a bit disorganized and idealistic.? Fel commented.

?Permission to speak freely Sir.? Fel clearly saw that Banton was wavering a bit, with his next statement. It was obvious that it might be a little unorthodox.

?Permission granted. Commander, it?s not like I am going to execute you or something.? Jag replied with humor in his voice. A smile played across his lips, and he continued, ?Well I certainly can?t strangulate you like Lord Vader.? At this comment the commander grew slightly more stable. His index finger had stopped nervously flicking a credit, and his foot stopped tapping the floor.

? Lord Vader better not hear you saying things like that. We?d all hate to see you turning all purple from lack of O2.? Banton cautioned.

?Yeah, and I?d hate to have my carcass ejected with the next garbage load. So you were saying?? Fel joked.

?Yeah, I was saying that Roan is just like some of those traitors. I mean all of them were highly idealistic; they didn?t have absolutely clean records. I mean didn?t Roan, like tell the people of some village to evacuate or something, a day before he bombarded the place. He?s going soft if you ask me.? Banton answered.

Commander Banton and Colonel Fel continued talking as they walked to reach Fel?s quarters. They took a right and a turbolift up to the second level. Fel entered his office and sat down at his large plasti-wooden desk.

The desk was filled with clutter. On the desk was an assortment of data-pads titled with different names that could only infer complete boredom. One Commander Banton saw clearly was ?Expenses and intakes during the last 6 months of duty.? Also on the desk was a holo-frame of a good looking women, in her early 20s, with a great smile. That must be Fel?s girlfriend, the one he was bragging about before left Coruscant. He also had a picture of the Tie-Squadron he trained with at the academy, and three shots of the most infamous students at the Imperial Academy in history. Han Solo, slave helper, and smuggler, and his friend who blew up Carida?s moon with anti-matter two month?s before solo?s graduation. The other contained Wedge Antilles, the infamous ace of Red Squadron. The last shot at was of Tycho Celchu, who had been Fel fellow trainee during the academy. Afterwards he defected to the Rebel Alliance. Banton noted to his satisfaction that his commander, Fel, out of all the top students of his class, remained faithful to the Empire, to his duty.

On the walls he a picture of his parents, and a small bed with a fresher was in the corner of the room. All in all the room was fairly comfortable, at least much more larger than his own. But, hey that?s what comes with all the responsibilities of being an officer. Directly behind Fel?s desk lay a large glass of transperisteel that offered a magnificent view of space. Fel situated himself down in his large chair and began the conversation again once Banton sat down in a chair in front of Fel?s desk.

?Yeah, well, Roan?s had plenty of chan

2. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    sorta, taking me a long to write, with beign in school and all so I'll try to write something up soon. It just needs to be typed out....

3. Wedgeatbarkura

Aug 22, 2003
    Banton and several other officers were already waiting in the debriefing room when Fel came in. The room was fairly large, a half circle of seats, and to the front was a holoprojector. Behind the holoprojector was a large vid screen, which was at the moment displaying breathtaking vistas of Coruscant. Fel had walked in from a door to the left of display area, and several of his officers turned their heads to him.

?Good morning gentlemen.? Fel started. All the chatter in the room instantly stopped. Good, Fel thought, at least they have the decency to respect me. He turned to the holoprojector typed in something, and a map of several nearby systems showed up, along with what appeared to a hypersapce jump. The systems were neutral at best with the Empire (Even they were part of the Empire) and some of them were known havens of smugglers.

?Why in the world would they assign a Carrack Cruiser to such a difficult course.?? Banton asked cautiously.

?My question exactly. The course leads straight through the Ryshi Nebula, which as you know plays havoc with the sensors of ships. I believe that here (Fel pointed to a asteroid cluster in the nebula) that Commander Roan would be destroyed.? Fel pointed out.

?This I would like to show you is the perfect time and place for a officer to defect. The troops and other men on board would gladly join the rebellion.? Trent stated. Fel noticed that a stormtrooper off to the side, gripped his blaster rifle a little bit harder, and stared straight ahead. Fel noted that the trooper didn?t do anything else, which was a testament to his loyalty and training. Trent continued, ?Think of it a tiny capitol ship going off on a highly dangerous mission. Commander Roan has already been suspected for having rebel leanings.? Trent pointed out. Commander Trent was a middle aged man who had almost an obsession to serving the Empire. He had a few wisps of white hair on his head, and was beginning to bald. He straightened and you could see that he had meticously cared for every detail on his uniform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.