A bridge over Dark Waters, (21 years after ROTJ, NJO,AU) updated Feb 14 A/P the rest of the crew

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Falcon, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Its twenty-one years after ROTJ, the Yuzzhan Vong are beginning their invasion. Little does anyone know that Anakin Skywalker, or his well known name in the Galaxy, Darth Vader is still alive, he is living alone on Yavin Four and has recently rebuilt Exar Kun's Temple, he builds a bridge using the force which draws the attention of Tahiri Veliea and Anakin Solo. Enjoy.

It was a late afternoon on Yavin four; it was hot and humid. Anakin Solo was walking the edge of the jedi academy; Tahiri said there was something odd out there, but she couldn?t pin point it. Anakin knew that he should?ve gone to see Uncle Luke about this disturbance.

He walked through the forest to where the disturbance had come from. The temple that Corran destroyed with his x-wing several years ago had been re-established, but how can that be? Who would even think about re erecting Exar Kun?s temple?

The temple was there, but the statue still lay in rubble. Anakin looked for the stepping-stones that would allow him to cross over to the temple; he found a bridge had been built above the water. This was becoming stranger and stranger. Who would want to live here?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anakin Skywalker felt his grandson approach the temple, he was not ready to explain to any one how he survived off the second death star, and everyone presumed that he was dead. If anything he should approach his son, but even then it would be too awkward.

Anakin knew that everyone would go trigger-happy and try to kill him, which would be their right to do so. He masked his presence with the force and made it so his grandson could not hear his respirator. After all these years he could not face his family, even though he had not hurt any of his grandchildren like he hurt his own. He felt his heart being ripped from his chest as he watched his grandson enter the temple; Anakin looked straight at him, but did not see him.

Anakin watched his grandson shrug and leave the temple, he felt like crying, announcing his presence, but how would he react if he knew that his grandfather, the galaxies most hated man was still alive? What if he was accidentally discovered?

His thoughts took him to Padme. Was she still alive? Did she find out what happened to him? What if she died because of what he had become? He couldn?t bare the thought of wondering if Padme was dead. He felt his heart ache; he missed his sweet angel. Would he ever see her again?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Tahiri ran out to meet Anakin. ?Did you find out what that disturbance was about??

Anakin shook his head, ?Yes and no. Someone rebuilt Exar Kuns Temple, and had a bridge in place to walk above the water, but no one was there.?

?Who would? This is weird. Maybe we should tell Master Skywalker about this.? Tahiri pointed out.

Anakin nodded, ?Ok, lets go find him.? They entered the temple in search of Luke.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Thoughts comments feedback

2. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start, Falcon! You may want to change the title a little though.. someone else is using it..
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Thanks for the feedback, any suggestions??
  4. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm.... I may have to think awhile.. I have a hard time with titles....
  5. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I know alot of the titles I want to use are already being used.
  6. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    It took me awhile just to find one for my fic.. it's something I've always had trouble with
  7. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I should go to bed now, maybe I will think of a title soon. If you find one don't hesitate to tell me. Goodnight Jade
  8. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    How about Bridge Over Dark Waters?
  9. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hmmm, Interesting name, I will have to think about that one thanks for the suggestion and reading.
  10. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Actually, A Bridge over dark waters-20 years after of ROTJ. Sounds like a good title to me.
  11. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    --------------------------------------------------
    Luke and Mara Skywalker look up as Anakin and Tahiri entered, ?Master Skywalker, we need to talk.? Anakin blurted out.

?What about Anakin?? Luke asked.

?Tahiri felt a disturbance out in the jungle. I followed the disturbance to Exar?s temple, someone had rebuilt it, and built a bridge over the waters.? Anakin replied.

Luke had a perplexed expression, he glanced at his wife and reflected his reaction in her eyes.

?Who would do such a thing?? Mara questioned. ?Wait until Corran finds out about this, he is not going to be too happy.?

Luke nodded in agreement, ?Maybe I should head out, and find out who is there and for what reason why??

?I?m coming with you Skywalker.? Mara said, she wanted to know as well.

Luke nodded, ?Thank you for bringing this to our attention.?

Anakin and Tahiri nodded as they left Luke?s office, discussing about the temple when they ran into Jacen and Jaina. ?Hay little brother, what?s with the thinking lines?? Jaina asked.

Anakin motioned for the two to follow them to the mess hall. When they were all sitting down with caf, ?Someone rebuilt Exar Kun?s temple and built a bridge over the water. Aunt Mara and Uncle Luke have gone to check it out.? Anakin explained.

?What?s this about the sith temple?? Corran asked walking over. ?Someone rebuilt the blasted thing??

Anakin and Tahiri nodded in unison. ?Sith Spawn, I destroyed that temple for good reasons.?

?I know Corran, but Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara are checking into it. We felt a disturbance come from over there.? Anakin replied as he nodded to Tahiri. Jacen and Jaina looked shocked.

?Who would do such a thing? A Kun sympathizer?? Jaina bit out icily, ?After all he was trying to kill Uncle Luke 19 years ago.?

?I think I will head on over to the temple and investigate this.? Corran told them, ?After all it used to be my job.? With a wink he left the mess hall and headed for the temple.

They all watched him leave, and then looked at everyone in turn. What did this mean?
    -------------------
    Luke and Mara were walking at a fast pace clip, with backpacks, he stretched out with the force but did not feel anything, whoever was there was force sensitive and could hide his identity. He looked at Mara looking perplexed. She shrugged, ?Who ever it is we?ll find out soon enough.?

Luke nodded, ?I wonder if it could be a lone jedi from the old order that survived the purges.?

?Maybe.? Mara replied.

Luke glanced sideways at her, ?Are you feeling ok??

Mara shook her head. ?I have not been feeling too good lately.?

?Maybe you should head back to the temple.? Luke suggested.

?No way farm boy, I am not leaving you here all by yourself with who ever is in that temple.? Mara shot back.

Luke nodded knowing that he could not change her mind.
    ---------------------------
    Anakin could feel his son?s approach; he was here to investigate why the temple had been rebuilt. He kept his presence hidden; he also felt another familiar presence. Mara Jade? He heard that his son had married the Emperors favourite assassin.

Anakin shook his head, first she wanted to kill Luke now she went off and married him, and he knew that Palpitine might be having fits over this by now. Palpitine was dead, and he was wanted for treason, he could not go back to the Imperials, they would welcome him back with open fire. Most likely this would happen with the New Republic as well. Maybe not, since they show mercy.

Maybe it was time to tell his son that he was alive no matter how awkward it might seem. He felt a third presence approach. Corran Horn? Sith spawn, he will open fire as soon as he catches site of him. This would not be a good scene at all.
    ----------------------
    Luke and Mara found the bridge and crossed over, by this time Mara felt faint. When they were on solid ground again, she passed out in front of the temple entrance. Luke was by her side immediately.

?Mara?? Luke questioned as he searched h
  12. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
  13. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally found this.. Great post, Falcon! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D
  14. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Thanks Jade for the feedback, yup the next post will be coming up soon.
  15. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    *stares at screen in shock*

Whoa, there, Falcon...some cliffhanger.(I think I've become addicted) Your story is at once gripping and uniquely original--nice! Just one question--*why* would a redeemed Vader rebuild a Sith temple in the middle of nowhere and hide from his son...or is he really redeemed? *shakes head in confusion* I guess I'll just have to leave the details to you...

*grin*

And now, onto my *real* motivations...

MORE!
  16. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    welcome Silenous, Thanks for the wonderful feeback. It all gets explained in a couple of posts.
  17. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    --------------------
    Corran ran towards the temple and found the bridge and crossed over. He entered the temple and the scene that greeted him had his hand on the end of his lightsaber.

Anakin walked over and kneeled at his daughter-in-laws side, he stretched out with the force to give her a quick scan. ?I have never encountered this type of sickness.?

Luke shook his head, ?I don?t feel anything, almost like it doesn't exist in the force.? He glanced at his father his shock momentarily gone. ?How did you survive??

?I will tell you later, right now Mara needs medical attention.? Anakin replied.

Luke nodded, knowing that his father had turned back to the lightside. ?Mara?? Luke asked as her eyes fluttered open. ?Am I dead??

Luke shook his head. ?Skywalker, you said your father died.?

?That is what I thought.? Luke replied.

?Then what is he doing standing over me?? Mara bit out.

Luke shrugged.

?Nice answer Farm Boy.?

?What do I tell everyone?? Luke questioned.

?Don?t, not until I feel that I am ready to face everyone.? Anakin replied.

?My lips are sealed Luke.? Corran said from the door.

Luke looked up in shock, ?Thanks.?

?Father, why don?t you come back with us??

?Great Luke, invite him back to the academy and watch Han go trigger happy.? Mara replied. ?Everyone?s reactions will be worth seeing.? She added as a thoughtful afterthought.

Corran grinned as he walked over to his old time friend. ?Corran you up for a bet?? Mara asked.

?What kind of bet??

?60 credits say that Han says that Luke has lost his sanity.? Mara said.

Corran frowned, ?That?s not fair, you know how Han thinks.?

?I know, so you in or not??

?I?m in, when have you never known me never to turn down a bet??

Mara smiled, ?Remind me next time you try and take on a sith?s spirit.?

?You just had to bring that up.? Corran said.

?Yup, if it wasn?t for that face down Kun would?ve killed you.? Mara replied with a grin.

?You walked right in before he could do any further damage.? Corran said.

?Ok, I will come.? Anakin said.

Luke smiled as he helped Mara to her feet. ?Come on, its getting late. Han and Leia will be landing in the morning.?

Anakin nodded as he followed them back to the academy. He was not looking forward to this one bit.
    ------------------------
    Jacen walked out of the temple, he wondered what was keeping them. He decided to hike out a little; Jaina joined him. ?Where do you think you?re going??

?I was thinking about heading to Kun?s temple.? Jacen replied.

?It?s late Jasa, Uncle Luke might not be appreciative about this.? Jaina replied. ?Besides Dad and Mom will be landing in the morning with Chewie.?

?I know. But I felt shock roll off Uncle Luke, I have never felt him loose his emotions like that.?

?I felt it too, so you want a partner?? Jaina asked.

Jacen nodded, ?Ok.?

Together they set out to find all three.
    --------------------------
    Padme starred at her computer screen feeling tired. Anakin, how could he let himself fall like that? Maybe it was time to approach the twins and tell them she was still alive. Last she heard, her son had set up a jedi academy and Leia was still in the thick of politics. Each had followed in their parent?s way.

?Sabe??

?Yes mi lady.?

?Prepare my ship, we will be heading to Yavin four.?

?Padme, are you finally going to see the twins after all of these years??

?Yes. Luke will definitely be there, he is the one who established the jedi academy.?

?Ok, when do you want to leave?? Sabe asked.

?In an hour.? Padme replied.
    ----------------------
    Thoughts comments feedback
  18. Princess_Leilia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can't wait to read more!

Up! :D
  19. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Force Ghost

star 4
  20. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, another one! And another reunion in the works! :D Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for another post!

JediFalcon, this is your third one. You are not going to neglect your other fics, are you? [face_worried]

Still, great story!
  21. Darth_Silenous Jedi Master

star 4
    Intruiging, though I still am confused... :(...but don't mind me. We need more

22. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post, Falcon! Can't wait for more :D
  23. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hay thanks for all your replies

JSM don't worry, I am not going to neglect the other fics, it will just be awhile before I post on each

Darth, don't worry everything will eventually get explained, its the way I write sometime.

24. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    ----------------------
    Jaina heard four voices coming from the direction to Kun?s temple. She glanced at her twin who shrugs. Her uncle?s words stopped both of them in their tracks.

?Father, I?m not sure I can stop someone from going trigger happy.? Luke said.

?Don?t worry about it son, I will be able to handle anything that is thrown my way.? The mechanical voice replied.

?Like always, right Anakin?? Mara asked.

?You should know me by now Jade.? Anakin replied.

?That?s the problem, I don?t know anymore.? Mara replied.

?Too be expected.? Anakin replied as he felt his oldest grandchildren ahead of them.

?Speaking off expecting, Jacen and Jaina are just ahead of us.? Corran spoke up.

Luke sighed, ?Ok Skywalker, you will be the one who tells them.?

?Not without you my love.? Luke replied.

?I think I will stay back here.? Mara grinned.

?Come on Mara, you said you wanted to see their reactions.?

?I knew you would use that against me.? Mara replied.

Anakin stopped walking, Corran went with Mara and Luke, and he wanted to see the look on the twin?s faces when Luke tells them that their grandfather is still alive.

Luke and Mara approached their niece and nephew, ?Jacen, Jaina I think you better sit down for this.? Luke began.

?What?s wrong Uncle Luke?? Jaina questioned.

?I am not sure how to tell you this, because I?m still in shock.? Luke answered.

?Out with it Skywalker.? Mara said. ?Just say it.?

?Jaina Jacen, I don?t want either of you to overreact. Your grandfather is still alive.? Luke finally got out.

?Is this some kind of joke?? Jacen asked. ?I thought he died aboard the second death star??

?So did I, but something was changed in the story.? Luke replied. ?Please keep an open mind about this.?

Jaina and Jacen nodded, completely shocked into silence. ?I can?t wait to see the look on your fathers face.? Mara told them.

Jaina smiled, then it turned into a frown as she heard the heavy respirator of her grandfather. For the first time in Jaina?s life, she had no idea what to say to the man who destroyed millions of lives.

Jacen felt shivers go down his spine as he caught sight of the black mask and armour. He felt Jaina?s reaction, which was the same as his.

?Father this is Jaina and Jacen Solo, they?re twins.? Luke said. He turned to the twins. ?Jaina, Jacen this is your grandfather, Anakin Skywalker.? Luke introduced.

Jaina turned away in dread, after all these years her grandfather was still alive. Jacen stood there trying to work moisture back into his mouth trying to find something to say.

Mara went to Jaina?s side; ?This is not easy for any of us.? Jaina nodded, as tears welled up in her eyes. Mara gave her niece a hug. ?It will turn out all right in the end.?

?Maybe this was a bad idea.? Anakin finally broke the uncomfortable silence.

Jacen finally found his voice. ?No, it?s just the shock.?

?No one is going to be jumping for joy.? Jaina said.

?No, they will be likely jumping for their blasters.? Anakin replied.

?Father.? Luke said, as he caught Corran?s grin, ?I think I agree with Anakin on this one. After all I was jumping for my lightsaber.?

?You?re not helping Corran.? Luke said.

?Sorry Master Skywalker.? Corran replied.

?Hay Mara, another bet, 20 credits say that someone jumps for his blaster.?

?Deal Corran.? Mara replied.

Jacen shakes his head, ?You two are betting on reactions.?

?You should hear the other bet Mara made, 60 credits say that your father will say your Uncle has lost his sanity.? Corran said.

Jaina walked to her twins? side and shakes her head, they were well aware of their Grandfather?s crimes.
    -------------------------------
    Anakin Solo walked out of the temple followed by Tahiri; he felt strong emotions come from his Uncle, which is highly unusual for him. Something was wrong, Jacen and Jaina had left in search of all three, and now they were unreadable.

Anakin walked to the edge of the forest, ?Anakin what?s go
  25. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post, Falcon! A reunion in the works.. Great reactions to expect... So when will he get rid of the armor? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.