main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A bridge over Dark Waters, (21 years after ROTJ, NJO,AU) updated Feb 14 A/P the rest of the crew

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Falcon, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Don't know Jade, it could be awhile. Thanks for the feedback

2. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, goody, no fics neglected. And I don't mind waiting :)

100 credits that Leia goes for her lightsaber. :D Kidding [face_laugh]
    Hey, where's Padme been all this time? Can't wait, her reaction will be pure gold (as will Leia and Han's)

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback and the idea, I was thinking alittle differently on how Padme could react. Just toying arond with ideas./

4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Padme.....................faints of course. ;)

Not bad, it's coming along nicely. And yeah, adding the 'A' does help.

FORWARD!

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Casper for the feedback.

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Why am I always the last one to find these things??

Great fic wingmate!!

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    hay wingmate, thanks for the feedback

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Kyp Durron landed his new prototype x-j-wing outside the great temple. Luke had called a meeting about something, but he would not say about what? Dawn was just beginning to break; he watched the colours from the storm as Yavin rose. Then he entered the academy.

Everyone looked at him, they all wore an expression of horror, something was up besides the team that have gone missing on the scientist expedition, and it has been a week since any of them reported in.

Kyp cornered Anakin Solo, ?What?s going on and why is everyone looking horrified??

Anakin shook his head as a sly smile split his lips. ?I think I?ll let Uncle Luke explain this. I have promised not to say anything.? Anakin?s comlink beeped, ?Anakin, your parents are just landing meet us at the landing field.? Luke said.

?Thanks Uncle Luke, will be there. What about?? Anakin questioned.

?He wants to be there when they walk down the ramp.? Luke replied.

Anakin smiled, ?Wait until they catch sight of him, mom will be going for her lightsaber most likely.?

This left Kyp confused as he followed Anakin out of the temple, he was curious to see who they were referring too. He heard familiar engines as he looked up to see the Falcon landing. Kyp looked over to see Jaina Jacen Luke Mara Anakin and Vader standing there. The last thought caught up to him, Vader? I thought he was dead Kyp thought with growing dread. ?So that?s why you called the meeting.?

?Kyp I would?ve told you earlier but the channel was not secure.? Luke said.

Kyp nodded as he glanced at Vader. Then he turned his attention to the Solo children as they ran up the ramp, to stall their parents or warn them. Kyp could not be sure. Warn them, Kyp thought as he heard the snap hiss of Leia?s blade being ignited. Han came down the ramp with his blaster drawn. Mara mumbled, ?I owe Corran twenty credits.?

?Luke have you lost your sanity?? Han asked.

?Hah, Corran owes me sixty credits.? Mara said.

Kyp smirked, sounds like he had missed out on some bets between Corran and Mara on reactions.

?I thought you were dead?? Leia said angrily.

?Put your lightsaber away and I will explain everything.? Anakin said.

?How am I suppose to trust you after what you did to Han and me? How do I know you won?t take this as your opportunity and strike me down?? Leia replied.

?Dear Daughter, I am not proud of my past and I deeply regret what I have done to you and Captain Solo. I will never hurt you or the family ever again.?

?I don?t know.? Leia said as tears streaked down her face, the sight of her estranged father brought up painful memories; Han was by her side in seconds. ?I have to go.? Leia ran into the temple to her and Han?s quarters every time they visited. Han went after her.

Anakin turned away from all the stares thrown his way; he could not face them after all he had done. His heart was being ripped out from the pain he saw etched onto Leia?s face, pain that he had cost her years ago. He wanted to go after Leia, but Luke held him back. ?It?s too soon, she needs to think this over to try and calm down.? Anakin nodded.
    -------------------------
    Padme got on the comlink, ?Yavin Four, this is Star Glider, please come in.?

?Star Glider this is Kam of the Jedi Academy, are you a new recruit??

?No, I need to talk to Master Skywalker, it?s urgent.? Padme replied.

?I am uploading coordinates for you to land.? Kam replied.

?Thank you.? Padme replied as she programmed in the coordinates.
    ------------------------
    Luke?s comlink went off. ?Master Skywalker, we have a Naboo ship landing, called Star Glider.?

He noticed his father had stiffened at the name of the ship. ?Thank you Kam.?

Mara eyed Anakin curiously. Only one word escaped him, ?Padme??

Luke glanced over at his father. ?Did you say something??

His father slightly shook his head; ?I don?t want to say anything until I have it confirmed.?

Luke nodded as he looked up to see the ship landing. ?That?s an older style.? Luke said.

?Ye

9. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Falcon! :D Where did she punch him though? If it was the face, if he's still in the armor, wouldn't that hurt? 8-}

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Jade your right it was the face.

11. Fragilityfemme

Fragilityfemme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Ah, I love reunion fics.. *Gives a happy little sigh* Just one thing though... Padme sure can punch for a sixty-something year old! Unless of course aging is a lot different in the Star Wars universe (or this Alternate Universe)

Christine

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    hay a new reader, yup, it was all the anger and suffering she had to go through that let her give a solid punch. Thanks for the feedback. Wait until the next post, it lets you know how powerful the punch really was, and why he did not approach anyone also gets explained.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    the thread rises.

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *plants thread with explosives. Thread goes flying*

UP!!!!

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for upping wingmate.

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    -----------------------
    Han found Leia with her head buried in the pillows lying on the bed. ?I can?t believe it.? Leia whispered as Han sat down and gently rubbed her back.

?I know sweet heart.? Han replied softly.

?Why did he decide to show up after 21 years, why now? Why not then?? Leia questioned. Han decided not to say anything.

Leia sat up and Han enfolded her into a comforting embrace. ?I thought he was dead.?

?So did I, or so that is what he let everyone believed.? Han replied gently.

Han?s comlink went off. ?What?? Han asked in irritation.

?Han its Luke, you won?t believe this but our mother is still alive, she landed twenty minutes ago and belted our father a solid right hook in the forehead that took him to his knees.?

?I wish I would?ve seen that, you could?ve sold tickets.? Han replied.

?Our mother is still alive?? Leia asked. Han nodded.

?What did she do?? Leia asked as a grin crossed her face.

?Apparently she belted your father a right hook that sent him to his knees.? Han replied with a grin.

?Where is she now?? Leia asked.

?I think she may be telling him off in private at the moment.? Luke answered.

Leia smiled. ?Come on Han, let?s go find them.?

?Hold on sweet heart, maybe you should leave them alone for awhile, it has been a long time since they?ve seen each other.? Han said.

?You?re right, lets go find the rest of the family.? Leia said. Han nodded in agreement.
    ----------------------
    ?Ani why did you not approach anyone after all of these years?? Padme questioned.

?I needed to find myself again, I was still not completely erected from the darkside at the time, and it would not take much either.? Anakin replied. ?Plus it was too soon, someone would?ve gone trigger happy for a shot at me.?

?Anakin, I would?ve welcomed you back to Naboo.? Padme said.

?I know, but after what I did to Leia and Luke I could not face you knowing that I had hurt our children.?

?Ani, you didn?t know they were your children, besides you were in the darkside.?

Anakin stood there waiting for her to continue. Padme walked up to Anakin and enfolded him in a hug. ?I have missed you so much.?

?I know Angel, me too.? Anakin replied. ?I love you so much.?

?I love you too Ani.? Padme replied. They stood there for a few minutes before Anakin broke the silence.

?Sorry to cut this short but that punch you gave me, left a split in my forehead that needs attending too.? Anakin said wearily, no one had seen him since the accident, and he was not sure how she would react to how he looked now.

Padme and Anakin walked out to find Kyp waiting for them, ?Kyp is there somewhere we can go to get some kind of medical attention?? Padme asked.

Kyp nodded, ?Follow me.? Kyp led them to where they had set up a medical room after he had knocked Luke unconscious all those years ago.

?Thank you Kyp, please wait outside.? Padme said. Kyp bowed and walked out.

Padme found a breather and a first aide kit with everything she needed, Anakin sat down so she would not have to reach so high. Padme helped Anakin take off the mask, ?By the force Ani, how did this happen?? Padme asked in shock.

He gave her a look that said please don?t judge me.

?I love you too much to judge you.? Padme replied to his unspoken question.

Anakin looked relieved then winced as Padme applied an aesthetic to the gash, she gently wiped the blood away and applied a patch that coated it with anti-bacterial gel and painkillers.

Anakin felt the pain ease as the gash got coated. He removed the breather and locked his lips with Padme?s. Padme did not resist either as they stayed like that for several minutes, her hands moved around his neck as his hands moved down to her waist.
    -------------------------
    Leia and Han walked in to see her parents lip locked. Leia noticed a patch fixed to his forehead, ouch looks like she nailed him good too.

Han drew in Leia close for support, ?You ok sweet heart?? Han whispered.

Leia nodded, ?I?ll

17. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Falcon! Nice emotions.. :D

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Jade for the feedback.

19. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Reunion!!!! Yay!!!! :_| :_| That was so beautiful and sad! *sniff*

*dries tears* Hey, Leia went for her lightsaber, does that mean I get 100 credits? :D :D :D

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Hands JSM 100 credits, Thanks for the feedback.

21. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    *takes credits* Thank you! :)

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Your welcome :D

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    up you go

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    -------------------------------------------
    All the jedi were there, the room became deathly silent as Anakin entered the room. He felt fear anger resentment and hatred towards him, but mostly fear. ?Do not fear me, for I am no longer like the man that has set fear into the hearts of many.? Anakin said.

Luke smiled, ?Father, please come up front.?

Anakin nodded as Padme gave a hug for reassurance, ?It will be all right.? She whispered.

?Mother, if you want to come up, you may, I will leave that choice up to you two.? Luke said.

Padme nodded, ?Do you want to go up alone, or do you want me up there too??

?You can come if you want.? Anakin replied. He was not going to force her into this.

?I?ll come.? Padme decided as she placed her arm around his waist and he placed his hand around her waist. Together they walked up the platform towards were Luke was standing.

Anakin faced everyone with Padme by his side. ?Anakin, why did you leave making everyone think you were dead?? Han asked.

?I did it for two reasons, 1. I could not face everyone because of the things I have done in my past. 2. I needed to find myself again after twenty years of living in the dark. My road back to the lightside has not been easy.? Anakin explained. Han nodded.

?Father, why now? Why did you decide to come back?? Leia asked.

?I felt that no matter what I did, my secret would be out eventually, I should?ve come back earlier.? Anakin replied.

Leia nodded.

Padme stood there holding his hand and giving him a squeeze for support. Anakin was grateful for his wife?s support in all of this.

?Padme, you still stand by his side, even after what he had done. Why not get a divorce?? Ganner shouted, Kyp shot his apprentice a warning.

?What is your name?? Padme asked suddenly.

?Ganner.?

Padme nodded as Anakin braced himself he knew something that Ganner did not.
    ?You have no right to ask that question. That is a high personal question between Anakin and I.?

?Angel.? Anakin said in warning.

?You do not even know who he really is.? Padme continued.

?Padme.? Anakin said in a commanding voice. Padme turned around to face her husband still heated up.

?Anakin how can you stand by and watch them ask questions like that?? Padme asked.

Mara was up high watching the assembly down below; she was taking into account on who will be against whom. If Kyp was going to accept it, then most likely his followers would accept his example or maybe not, the question Ganner posed was a high personal one.

She felt each in turn; as usual it was the people who were working against Luke were totally against having Anakin up front explaining a few things. But Kyp surprised her, he was actually looking forward to getting to know him, then again he did fall to the darkside.

Anakin placed a gloved hand on her shoulder. ?Calm down, this is not helping.?

Padme glanced over her shoulder, ?How can you just stand there and take that kind of sarcasm??

?What I have done in my past keeps me from going down his throat completely.? Anakin replied.

Padme turned around; she looked like she was on the verge of opening up, Anakin drew her into a comforting hug. Padme buried her head into his chest; and closed her eyes to tears that were threatening to come.

?Angel I think you have been holding on to them long enough.? Anakin said in a concerned voice.

?I know.? Padme replied softly.

Anakin sent a message to Luke through the force.

?Meeting is adjourned for now, we will pick up tomorrow same time.? Luke said.

Everyone filed out quietly, as soon as everyone left except the main family did Padme let the tears come. Anakin comforted Padme as she cried on his shoulder.
    -----------------------------
    Nom Anor looked around him, the bacterial he had made up to bring the planet up to Yuzzhan Vong standards were doing its job. He smiled in satisfaction. All the scientists were either dead or headed towards Heskla Four to check out the worldships, he had called ahead t

25. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    OOO.. Interesting turn of events.. Great post, Falcon! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.