main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brief Saber Duel III

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dr-Carnivora, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dr-Carnivora

Dr-Carnivora Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Here's something that we shot in January of 2011 but barely released yesterday! I hope you enjoy, 'A Brief Saber Duel III!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwZL5FRO3qE

2. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow! Really well shot and the effects are great too. The combatants have a lot of enthusiasm and speed going into it so it seems like the choreo's well rehearsed.

On the choreo itself, though, a number of times they were aiming for each other's blades. There wasn't an element of danger to it because a lot of the hits weren't aimed at the others. Also, move your feet a bit more - when the guy in black was Force pushed back, he fell, whereas if he stayed more mobile he would have been able to move backwards with it and he wouldn't have ended up on the ground. Overall it helps to keep the energy up in the choreography.

Still, really well shot, keep up the good work when you go forward to Brief Saber Duel IV!

3. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Very nice! Like the choreography. Love the camerawork! What camera did you shoot on? My main critique would have to be about the shutter speed. It seemed pretty fast since the sabers had no blur on them between frames, even on the fastest swings. Other than that, loved it!

4. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    Great film! It did not feel brief to me, I got really into it! Good job man, good to see you back in action. Thanks for the entertainment.

5. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    I agree....very nice work....love location, camera work definitely stands out (nice close ups at appropriate times).....FX look great....maybe blades slightly not streaking enough...but other than that fantastic.

props