main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Bright Center: The Official Core Worlds Discussion Thread (Aftermath & Shattered Empire Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jan 4, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That do fit with the jokes about Corellians that I have heard

"Why's the most famous Corellian named Solo?"
    "Because no Corellian will ever trust another Corellian."

"How many Corellians does it take to change a lightbulb?"
    "None- if the room's dark you can't see Corellians cheating at sabacc."

"Why do so many Corellians get caught and sent to Kessel?"
    "Because they're lonely for the rest of their family."

Valin__Kenobi and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    I've always somewhat identified Corellia with the west coast of North America. Whereas some Rim worlds try to emulate the Core, Corellia is a Core world that holds onto its "frontier spirit".
    Like San Francisco or Portland, it's a world-class, developed place, but you can still get out and hike in the woods, still get strong drinks at grimy bars, and people appreciate the local graffiti.
    There's not quite as much anarchy and grime as you'd find in the Undercity of Coruscant, but also not as much elegance and formality as in the upper city, or somewhere like Adleraan.
    I imagine there are farms within a day's travel from Coronet City. Corellians value their self-sufficiency after all.
    There may be some beautiful Yachts in the harbor/spaceport, but they're parked next to fishing trawlers with peeling paint / beat-up cargo transports.
    You could get a cabin in a mountain town, a day and night by grav-train from Coronet, and feel light-years away from the rest of the Galaxy.
    I would want to live on Corellia.

3. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    So if the Core is Manhattan, I suppose that makes the Negs Upstate New York...

4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I'm kind of wondering on the culture of the Felpire/Imperial Remnant. Did it try to become 'More Core than the Core'? I assume a lot of Core Worlds-based loyalists fled to that region, after all Muunilist was like a "Core World in the Outer Rim", much like Eriadu.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I. Muunilinst and Eriadu are dirty, Outer Rim hovels.

II. The Remnant and the Second Empire which came from it are largely composed of militarists and the like, because the Remnant was formed out of warlord fiefdoms by Admiral Daala. There are few Core Worlders in the warlord ranks -- folks like Pelly and others who were already under arms and moved to serve the warlords would be the only ones. Civilians are unlikely. Further, there were absolutely zero Loyalists. Warlords are mutineers and traitors by definition.

III. We know from supplemental materials that a lot of Core World Loyalists eventually made their peace with the New Republic once Byss was destroyed and the mainline Empire vanished. The Order of the Canted Circle, under Alex Pradeux -- former advisor to the Emperor, continued to operate on Coruscant and it consisted of Loyalists of the highest social rank. Remember that under President Organa Solo's administration, many ex-Imperials were granted amnesty and allowed to serve in government again: this could only occur if there were large numbers of Imperials already present who qualified for such amnesty.

There's a reason that the Remnant takes the most fascistic elements of the Empire to heart: it consists only of die-hard militarists unable and/or unwilling to reintegrate into galactic civilization even after the Empire was well and truly dead.

CaptainPeabody and Gamiel like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say that the "die-hard militants" that outdo even the Remnant, are The Second Imperium- who, after Pellaeon signs the peace treaty with Gavrisom, refuse to accept it, retreat into the Core (again) and restart the campaign of active warfare against the New Republic.

Brakiss, Daala's bodyguards (in their Royal Guard uniforms), and Daala herself (according to The Essential Guide to Warfare) would be the driving force of that group.

We also know that the heart of the Remnant, was Ardus Kaine's old fiefdom. Maybe most of the 8 Moffs we see in Specter of the Past, were his underlings?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Disra wasn't (he murdered Grand Moff Tigellinus and took over his Coreward holdings), at least.

There is a difference between militants and militarists -- though I agree that the soi-disant Second Imperium is nothing but a bunch of thugs. :)

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Some of which were Palpatine's most fanatically loyal servants. Jeng Droga springs to mind.

Technically the Central Committee ordered Tigellinus executed, and elevated Disra to Tigellinus's position - but Disra did orchestrate the situation:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rufaan_Tigellinus

and some of the phrasing suggests it was an assassination rather than a "real" execution, kangaroo court or otherwise.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Like I said: a bunch of thugs. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Were Ars Dangor's Ruling Council so different?

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    For one thing, they were the legitimate government of the galaxy. They also knew how to dress, and wore silk.

So yes, yes they were.

12. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    In that case, I assume alot of the old COMPNOR personnel would've found themselves a home? They seem to be the most fascist and militant. Either way, to try to keep it on the Core Worlds topic, I was more of trying to say that they'd try to make themselves resemble the Core Worlds as much as possible not that they'd literally be Core Worlds MK2.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Some of the warlords did at least put a certain amount of effort into making a "new Empire" rather than just fighting (Kaine springs to mind) - they might have taken a "make their Rim sectors as Core-ish as possible" approach.

The Senex Sector, and the Tapani, may have done something similar.

14. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Whoa, hold up, Daala was behind the Second Imperium? I don't own the Essential Guide to Warfare, I've read a lot of it but not that part. Details plz?

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    TEGTW establishes her as its military commander, I think. Brakiss, and through him the guys running the fake Palpatine, are still "behind" the whole thing.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I got the impression that, as they were her (former) bodyguards, she might possibly have been in on their plot:

http://jasonfry.tumblr.com/post/27417920547/eg-to-warfare-endnotes-pt-16

"There are a few other continuity details scattered through this one: the name of United Warlord Fleets for her command in Darksaber is new, and alert fans might also note that this biography makes her the military leader of the Second Imperium in the Young Jedi Knights novels. The fake Royal Guards who purport to be leading the show were originally her bodyguards, after all….”

17. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You know of some reason so have I begun to see Corellia as SW's Italy, even if the Hutts have the role as SW Italian/Italian-American mafia or any mafia really.

Maybe It comes from that Thrackan's tendency to never truly suffer the consequences for his actions remind me of Berlusconi in a way, and Italy (or rather the countries that become Italy) used to be big on sea faring and exploration.

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I was interested in bumping this thread anyways, given the new bits of information regarding the state of the Core post-ROTJ.

So far, we have the following confirmed:
    • Coruscant: Uprisings post-Endor, violent encounters between pro-Rebel citizens and Imperial police forces
    • Chandrila: Under Rebel/New Republic control
    It will be very interesting to see how the Core Worlds are portrayed in the new canon. How long do they remain in Imperial control post-Endor, when do Rebel/New Republic forces start making headways there, and what is their state in The Force Awakens?

--Adm. Nick

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    When was the Chandrila point confirmed, incidentally?

Sent from the World

21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Excerpt from Aftermath.

--Adm. Nick

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And now I need to reread that as I missed that.

Sent from the World

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, Wedge appears to be based there. Who knows, it may end up being Provisional Capital for the New Republic, NEU-edition!

--Adm. Nick

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, it's basically almost a throwaway line but pretty significant.

Abadacus likes this.
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I feel pretty save adding this one.

• Alderaan: Still destroyed
    ;)

Starkeiller likes this.