Before " A BURDEN TOO HEAVY*NEW POST 4/7 WEIRD HAPPENINGS CAN SEEING APPARITIONS BE FAR OFF?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Love all your stories glad your posting
    A big mess on the horizon the apprentice hates the Master and the Master hates the apprentice
    Obi will never forgive Qui-Gon for the death of his Master tahl

Keep it coming excellent story =D=
  2. ewen Jedi Master

star 4

I am not thanking each of you because I spent my time writing another chapter. Hope you like it as well as I really enjoyed writing this one!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK I LOVED IT

######################

Yoda felt it. He felt the severing of a master from the Jedi order brought on by the force?s decision to remove that Jedi from its sentient life in the galaxy. Master Tahl joined the force of the unseen; her mortal being climbed the last rung on the ladder of physical and stepped into metaphysical existence of the force.

Yoda sat silently in his tiny little apartment that matched his diminutive size. He cursed himself, the idea he had come up with; the idea that Tahl go to Qui-Gon.

Sense I did, time it was to mend their nearly non-existent lover?s bond. Fear I did to wait longer would mean the total extinguishing of that delicate filament they still shared. The force directed me and this happens. Qui-Gon?s beloved dead; with my suggestion, my adamant demand she go and spend time with Master Jinn.

Had it been any other Jedi, Qui-Gon included, it would have been the force that received the blame. Yoda, however wasn?t just any Jedi, he was *THE* Jedi, the grand Jedi, head council master. His faith in the force had never wavered as it did not falter now, now that one of their most prized Jedi had been killed on a mission Master Yoda felt he was directed to send Tahl on.

The small green master of unknown origin slid from his common room couch to his knees without ever actually rising, to meditate on the sudden and so sad happenings.

Fate it is. Except it as such Qui-Gon must.

Yes, his thoughts had already turned to the living half of his sixth sense. The force had so strongly directed him to cause the meeting between the two masters. One master he could do nothing for, she was gone. The other master, Qui-Gon Jinn he could not even begin to think of how to bring solace and acceptance too.

Know my former apprentice well I do. Feel his wrath at Tahl?s death I do just as strongly as I felt her passing to the force.

The knock at his door was not an unexpected one. However, Master Yoda in his guilt ridden thoughts had forgotten what a death of a master with an apprentice would do to that said apprentice. He knew instantly it would be someone with a report on Obi-Wan?s reaction to his master?s death.

A timid seemingly fearful Jedi master Windu opened Yoda?s door when he was beckoned to do so. He found Master Yoda still in the meditative position he had slipped too earlier.

?You felt it??

?As did any Jedi here at the temple, though stronger I think it was for me. Connected I was strongly to both masters. Yes, my old friend certainly *felt* it I did. ?

?Then I think you will want to attend her ailing apprentice.?

Yoda sucked in a sharp breath, the only sign that all this had brought him any strife at all. He?d never been one to share his emotions. How ever hurt, dismayed, and yes even a touch put out by something, those emotions never presented themselves outwardly. Nevertheless, Mace knew the beloved Jedi troll of a master well enough to know he suffered from this loss; probably only after Jinn and her apprentice Kenobi.

Tahl had been one of his favorites, possibly because of their shared connections and love for Qui-Gon

? Thoughtless of me it is. Should have inquired about the apprentice upon the master?s passing.?

Yoda realized he had not even checked to find out what the *death severage* of Tahl?s bond with her apprentice had done to him.

?Padawan Kenobi, how is he now??

?Stable is about all the healers have to say.. Master.. You know in and out of consciousness but.. Well? stable.. You know??

The normally gleaming chocolate-colored eyes, now dimmed by concern looked deep into the eyes of the Head master, Yoda.

?Forgive me, but I have to ask. I have felt nothing through the force but I know how close you are to Qui, enough to still have a weak bond with him. Is Qui-Gon well, not injure
  3. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I really enjoyed Yoda and his dealing with the loss of Tahl. You described Yoda and Qui-Gon?s feelings beautifully. I agree, Mace will not help Obi-Wan?s recovery.

Reading smoothly along and then the end of that post came up. :eek: [face_devil] EVIL! :D

That was wonderful and totally surprising. :) evil... evil... evil... looking forward to more!
  5. son-of-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! leave kenobi alone....if jinn takes him as a padawan, and sparrs with him, jinn's gonaa die....anyday...
  6. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good post! =D= Bad, bad Qui-Gon! I see a lot of Obi-torture coming... [face_worried]
  7. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    PadawanKitara- Thanks for ever being loyal to my stories. Any intersting vacations or trips lately?

Altaira- Thanks for reading and for the PM will answer tonight but so glad you are on the right track!!!! Let me now if you find the right new cat as a companion.

Jedi Bear30- Though I know that 30 should be changed, I will ignore it.LOL So glad you have found your niche in life again and at least on and off back with us. Also glad you have a feline companion. They can bring so much solace. Also will PM you tonight.

son-of-kenobi- Thank you for the feedback. Do me a favor, KEEP IT UP!!! It feeds my ego and fuels my desire to post again, only sooner than later!!

MASTER_KAYM- Haven't noctice your name before. HOpe to see it here again with more feedback.

VaderLVR64- Welcome aboard and feel free to FB again.

Jeday- You have become one of my regulars and I expect to see your name up here often.

DarthIshtar- If you lurk more than you post it is time to chnage all that. Thank you though for the feedback.

Gkilkenny- YOu are new too. Come on back Thanx!!!!

KSkywalker- Though las,t certainly not least. You are one of my inspirations when it comes to writing. Though I might never be as good as you, I hope by reading your stories, I have improved somewhat!!!

There I felt I needed to personally address all of you because I seldom do!! Not because I don't appreciate it, I have very little time right now!!! ewen

Now to the post

Yoda made his way slowly up the many steps that rounded the temple tower. On top of the highest point of the tower was the Jedi burial pyres, three of them, ready to have kindling and heavy logs laid upon them when needed.

The head Jedi master chose the first pyre not because of its close proximity to the tower steps but because of the glow that the setting twin suns would cast on the pyre. Yoda looked up for a moment to watch those quickly setting suns.

Yes beautiful, purple, lavender, and pink hues they will cast this clear night. Tahl loved purple nearly as much as Mace did. A befitting end for a more than fit Jedi.

To the other side of the roof of the Temple Yoda turned his attention to a small transport that had just descended onto the temple?s landing port located there.

Qui-Gon that would be.

Yoda had insisted he trek up to the tower section that housed the burial pyres alone. He had given Mace orders to meet and direct Qui-Gon to him, but to make sure his former apprentice came alone.

Mace remained with Obi-Wan until a comm had come in that alerted him that Jinn ?RG? and Tahl?s remains would be arriving within the half hour. He hurried to the landing port. He wanted to be the first to give Jinn condolences, to embrace him in a fierce hug, and let him know he need not go through all this alone.

Yoda was not a selfish being. He would be content to allow Mace to be the first to greet Qui-Gon. He wanted a more private place to spend a few moments time with his former padawan before the formal services began, which by the look of the quickly setting suns would be a hurried process to make it on time.

Yoda wanted he and Qui?s meeting to be personal one between the two at the pyre area because he was not sure how the Jedi master would react when he finally got home. Yoda did not necessarily think of the temple as being Jinn?s home but his own arms wrapped around his favorite former padawan.

The expanse of the glass encased skywalk that connected the landing port on the temple?s roof to the funeral pyre was a short one. Certainly not long enough to plan a future as Qui-Gon made his way to Master Yoda. He didn?t need to think through his next part of his plan too much. He had carefully thought through every little detail of how he would so cleverly be granted permission to train Tahl?s apprentice. Once it was given he would complete his devious, dark side of a plan to destroy Obi-Wan?s cha
  8. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    If not for Qui-Gon?s dark side, [face_devil] the tower setting chosen for Tahl?s last journey sounds beautiful. Already the ?guest? list does not sound promising. Qui and Obi?s hate, Mace?s closed mind. Tahl would not approve.

Now I?m worried. If Qui-Gon can fool Yoda he is capable of anything! His grief is getting more twisted with each postie. :p

Thanks for the well wishes on the kitty.
  9. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

This is getting interesting I got to wonder though
    Yoda cant be that gullible can he?
    GKilkenny
  10. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    * Takes a good chair, and a chocolate bar and waits for the next chapter*
  11. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Gkilkenny In answer to your question
    "Yoda cant be that gullible can he?"

Remember in Episode II, I think it was Obi-Wan who asked Yoda if there was any chance that the senate had become compromsied with any forces of evil. Yoda repllied with a resounding NO. Boy was he wrong. Palpatine did a very good job of cloaking his deceptions.

###############

Master Jinn adjusted his robes and stared into his fresher mirror. His beard, he?d agree to trim, the dred locks however he kept. They just seemed to fit his new persona, a persona no one knew *yet* he had taken on. He?d only agreed to cut down his beard after Mace insisted on it.

Wasn?t even stalwart enough to attend his master?s funeral, weakling. Kenobi could not have had a bond so strong that his master?s death laid him up as profoundly as to cause him to miss Master Tahl's funeral. Must have been his guilt or he wanted to avoid the aspersions that would be cast upon him by other Jedi. The temple is abuzz with accusations some true, some unfounded for him. From knight, master, and apprentice, even a few initiates. The only one to defend him has been Yoda and then his excuse for the boy is nothing but flimsy.

Yoda?s faith in Master Jinn?s desire and ability to train Obi-Wan Kenobi was undoubting. Jinn found it disturbing though that a couple of the council masters, his friend included questioned his motives for taking Obi-Wan. Jinn suspected Plo Koon would put up some objection because the breathing apparatus garbed council master never liked him and questioned everything he did. Mace however????

I can?t figure out if it is concern for me or the boy that has caused such hesitation in Mace?s decision to approve my becoming master or not.. No matter. My former master has a way of swaying the council members, all of them to think his way. He is sure my destiny, as is the brats' is to be together. "Will of the force Yoda will proclaim."

Jinn shot himself a satisfied evil smirk in the mirror before the turned to leave. All in all he was quite proud of his plans and the way he?d handled Master Yoda. Revenge had clouded Jinn?s mind. Revenge had allowed the dark side to filter through his mind and soul. That devilry released by the force of good's mirror image tainted his entire being and made it virtually impossible to differentiate good versus evil, pitted right against wrong, championed depravity over virtue. To Qui-Gon he was doing a Jedi duty to avenge his beloved?s death with his diabolical plan to terminate Obi-Wan's chances of becoming a Jedi Knight.

All I have to get through is this meeting with the council and the with the boy there. My mind will appear free of vengeance and malice. I doubt Kenobi will be able to hide his guilt as easily as I hide my true reasons for taking him

#### Jedi council chambers###

?I just don?t like it Master Yoda. Can you honestly say you are comfortable with Qui-Gon taking Obi-Wan as his apprentice??

?Comfortable with it I am or go along with Qui-Gon?s suggestion to train Obi-Wan I would not. My former apprentice does not have the final say so in this. Feel it through the force I do.?

?The force, the force. Sometimes you have to go on your gut feelings and not just what you think the force guides you to do. I think this is not a good idea.?

?Care for the boy so much you do, train him you could have. First choice you had since under your care he was.?

Mace let out an exasperated sigh and paced the council chambers.

?I. DON?T. WANT. A. PADAWAN. It is that simple. Besides, Kenobi and I did not exactly connect. That?s one more reason for me not to have taken him. But because I could not get along with him, doesn?t mean I want him put under a master?s care that I feel uneasy about. I also don?t want Jinn to rush into something because he made a promise to someone who lay dying. I care for both of them in that aspect. You know that!?

?Sure of it I am, this master and apprentice a pair they should become. However, assure you I d
  12. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm scared for Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan hate each other, but I fear Obi-Wan won't be able to defend himself! :eek:
    Great post ewen!
  13. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    You are almost making me feel bad for Qui-Gon... but NOT. He is lost.

Yoda is sure they should be paired?! I hope it is the future he sees. Obi-Wan surviving to the future is what worries me. [face_worried] His reasons for allowing Jinn to train him are good, fearing Jinn is a sign of his smarts. I hope he?ll trusts those feelings in the future and it helps. Mace was right, he was wrong too.

They are off to a fabulous start. Sarcasm intended. :p
  14. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Are you suggesting Qui has gone over to the dark side? probably.....

as for vacations- you know me too well. Actually, I have been on one business trip after another, although that isn;t the reason for my vanishing act recently (darn phone service). But I do have a little cruise to mexico scheduled in a few weeks. The brochures claim that they have wi-fi hotspots all over the ship, so I do plan on bringing my lap top so I can stay connected here. Truthfully, I will do anything to dry out from these rainstorms. I am amazed that my house hasn't slid down a street or flooded yet.
  15. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Master Jinn lingered in the doorway, craned his neck around, and nodded from the council to the boy on the bench visible just outside in the hall.

?Did you wish me to summon *HIM* for you? Shouldn?t he be witness to my request to take him as my apprentice??

Qui-Gon didn't use Obi-Wan's name. He feared his anger for the apprentice would show through if he did.

?Yes, but first, questions on the mission we have. Questions about the fallen Master Tahl and the reason behind Bounty Hunter Jett. The young one does not need to hear details of that. Suffered much he has. Drag him through gory details to suffer more not necessary."

Oh my master you are so gullible when it comes to this Kenobi boy. I cared the most for Master Tahl but I must be forced to relive her death while the boy sits and twiddles his thumbs, no doubt basking in his abilities to pull the wool over my master?s eyes

Qui-Gon stiffened. He was so anxious about exacting his revenge on Obi-Wan; he failed to remember that the council would want every little detail about the mission, Jango Fett, and Tahl?s death. While Obi?s destruction spurred him on for this meeting, the sudden realization that he must recant every little detail of his beloved?s death hampered the excitement he had managed to let push away the memory of Tahl?s last breath.

?Discuss your mission we must. Most curious I am the reason for Jango Fett on your trail he was.?

Qui-Gon shut the door, without another thought for the boy who sat just outside it. Obi-Wan Kenobi was forgotten as he began talking to his former master. Although all the council members were there, Jinn directed his speech and gaze at Yoda, not caring about the others. There was still a part of Master Qui-Gon Jinn that was Jedi. Master Yoda?s piqued interest in his mission had fired his up as well. He had forgotten, nearly.

?I can?t imagine why Jango Fett was set on me. My dealings had nothing to do with Darth Sidious and it stayed undercover of that I am sure until Tahl?s arrival then all Hades broke lose. I did as the council and as Chancellor Valorium requested. I investigated the holdings of the iranni mines that Nute Gunray claimed. Valorium himself knew to send a Jedi cloaked as another. After all, it would appear coated with improprieties on the Jedi and the republic senate?s part if it got out that we suspected the viceroy of intergalactic Trade of any wrongdoing to the point of breaking entering and rifling through his privates files. I know that Neimodians are notoriously slick when it comes to handling credits, stealing them actually but everything was in order. Nevertheless, his papers seemed in order. There did not seem to be any abuse of his power to procure the mines. Signed and sealed the title to the mines were. Paid a fair price for them as best I could judge. Also I took a schematic from my data pad of his headquarters and searched the third floor. I went over every piece of document Gunray had stored there, nothing. I tell you all his business transactions were above board.?

?So think you do, he had nothing to do with Jango. Then Sith Lord entirely it was? Droids that attacked Master Tahl, belonged to who they did??

There, it was out in the open, the mention of Tahl?s death. Now Qui-Gon was forced to mentally reenact the events that led to Tahl being gunned down in an alley way. His thoughts lingered a little longer than they should on the death of his first and only love.

?Qui-Gon I know this is difficult to speak on but it is important. Were the droids that attacked Master Tahl the property of Gunray or possibly in some conspiracy with Jango Fett??

Qui-Gon looked to the speaker of the words and saw only compassion in Adia Gallia rich brown eyes.

?Just how in the Sith am I suppose to know that. They didn?t wear ID tags proclaiming who their owner was.

Plo Koon who never missed a chance to rile the taller and more gallant master.

?Well did you happen to see any droids in Gunrays? compound that resembled the ones that killed Master Tahl??

Ice
  16. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, great chapter once again! I wish I could write like that...I really enjoy reading this story, it gives me a break for all my work :)
    MK
  17. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    where is everyone?!?!?!?

ewen
  18. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey there! :D I?ve been freelancing and just finished another proof. Nothing like working all day and coming home to work some more... at least my home software and MOS is better than the job. :eek: :p I?ll get them to upgrade yet.

Back tomorrow to post, just came by to copy it tonight. [face_tired]
  19. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm back- work has been nasty, but I'll be around even if you don't hear from me for a few days
  20. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    where is everyone?1?

I dont know about everyone else but I am reading
    more of a reader than a talker.

Great story !
  21. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Jinn is getting all he wants. Obi-Wan?s downward slide is starting, first getting Jinn, then demoted and now Sidious is interested in him. [face_worried] Qui-Gon is giving the information to the council that will keep doubts from him.

Yoda is full of it when he told Obi-Wan the demotion will help... sure it will give him more practice but out goes the confidence. Qui-Gon will use that I?m sure. ;) [face_devil]
  22. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Padawan Kenobi had never been so glad to go on a mission than he was right now. He hadn?t been briefed on the mission so he wasn?t even sure where they were going. Though he suspected it had something to do with the death of his master, he wasn?t sure about that either. He just knew that leaving the temple would get him out of the apartment he now shared with Master Jinn. The apartment seemed to close in on him just with the knowledge that Qui-Gon was just on the other side of the wall, any wall of the small four room apartment, he was there.

The idea of finding who was responsible for his master?s death was the only thing that brought him any solace. He knew instantly upon arriving at his new home with his new master that the said master cared no more for him than he did for that master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

There had been little spoken between the two. Master Jinn instructed the apprentice to store his things in his former padawan?s old room, eat something, then pack for the mission. Obi-Wan didn?t have time to fix of his room up the way it was at his old apartment but that didn?t? matter to the teen anyway. He didn?t think that his new room in this new apartment with a new master would be anything but a layover for him. He doubted it would ever be his *home* like the flat he?d shared with his former master, Tahl.

Once on the ship, Padawan Kenobi was pretty much left on his own. The transport ship that carried them on their mission was quite large. Although he and his new master had to share a compartment while traveling there was a large common area, an equally enormous dining hall, and an exercise room. Plenty of places either the master or the apprentice could go to avoid each other, except of course when sleeping.

Right before Jinn left their sleeping room was when he finally relayed to his new apprentice their mission plans and then it wasn?t an entirely informative briefing. It was as Obi-Wan thought, they would go to Neimoidia to investigate who was behind Tahl?s murder but before that they would visit Geonosis. Master Yoda wanted them to check on the possibility that the droids came from there.

There was no emotion in Qui-Gon Jinn?s voice when he gave Obi-Wan the information about their mission; nothing that denoted kindness, yet no sound of hatred. Just a lackluster instruction of what was to happen and then without another word he was gone.

Jinn let his thoughts lead him as he languidly wandered the large double wide halls of the ship. First he entered the dining hall, checked briefly the menu before he left. Next he stumbled onto an exercise room.

AH? Could do me some good. Get in a little exercise of the body. My mind has worked enough reliving what happened. Maybe Yoda is right and maybe this going to Geonosis won?t be a wild goose chase as I first thought. Yes, Yoda has good premonitions.

Once inside the large gymnasium he couldn?t have been more surprised to see another master padawan there, already on the floor going through the Ranga kata.

The noise of the door opening and closing drew the master and padawan pair's attention.

?Halt Padawan, let?s take a breather. Master Jinn, thought I would run into sooner or later.?

?Oh, so you had the fore knowledge to know I was on this ship. It is not so with me. Headed out for a mission or a retreat??

?Come on Jinn old boy, you figure it out??

Master Starworth was a down to earth master, literally Humanoid , ancestors from Earth before they were forced off. She still possessed many traits of her ancestors. Of course one would have had to study earth and its cultures which all Jedi were forced to do, to know those odd little traits. Earth was the one planet used to teach how a panet can self destruct.

?Figure what out? I assure you, I don?t know.?

Starworth gave him an odd look, slapped the side of her thigh, and let out a sound like a high pitched yelp.

?Why, that old crow. He didn?t tell you anything about us, did he?"

The female master noticed her appentice, Bruck Chun watching curiously over to
  23. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope Starworth?s presence will curb Jinn a bit. Having Bruck there will be enough to make Obi-Wan?s existence unbearable. [face_mischief]

Bad idea from Starworth, nothing like putting two youths together that can?t stand each other. I don?t think Jinn will have to do much on this trip to make it hard on Obi, Bruck can handle that. ;)
  24. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    bruck is back- oh you cruel girl ;)
  25. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    I wanted to post again later tonight or first thing in the morning but I don't think my readers, ]If I have any others than the two that replied--- thanx!] have caught up yet. So I guess I will wait???

SHOULD I????

ewen
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.