Before " A BURDEN TOO HEAVY*NEW POST 4/7 WEIRD HAPPENINGS CAN SEEING APPARITIONS BE FAR OFF?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    This is wizard "What a decision to make" and how will Obi feel having dred locks in his head.
    Ooh can't wait to find out.

But I will wait! great story ewen
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  3. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    ?So you think you know who the man was that came up behind the boys??

The beady eyed haggard looking Neimoidian that spoke to Dorrie pulled her to the side and lowered his voice.

?Yes, missus and for a nominal price I could possibly send you in his direction. You see he doesn?t like others bothering him but??

Master Starworth looked over her shoulder and from side to side. She wanted to make sure their conversation was indeed a private one.

? Wait, wait, let me guess. For the right monetary amount you would allow me to interrupt his quite abode? How much? Cut with the theatrics. I don?t need guessing games. You are wasting time I don?t have.?

?Very well, as you wish Missus Jedi. How about 15 grakens. Is that too rich for your purse??

?Hold on there. Let me figure this out.?

Dorrie held her fingers up to mentally count how much she would need. She had to convert grakens to credits.

?That would be 30 credits, Coruscant currency.?

The being started to walk away.

?WHoaaa hold up buddy, not so fast. Just were are you going? I am willing to pay what you asked.?

? You might be willing to pay but I am not willing to take it, not in Coruscant currency. Your home world base is part of the trade federation. It is no good here.?

?You most certainly are mistaken. I just rented a cottage with credits, good old Coruscant currency.?

?Yes, for a business it is allowed. For everyday beings like me, with no banking establishment your credits are no good.

?Wait? I know. I can go to the proprietor I rented the cottage from. I am sure he will exchange them for me.?

?Then do it and meet me down the street at the little café. You know, the one your boys were coming from when they were attacked??

Dorrie scowled suspiciously.

?How do you know where the Jedi boys had been??

At the moment the little female master did not trust anyone entirely.

? Oh so suspicious you Jedi are. I am the one that cleaned the bags of food from the front of this store.?

A rumbling of Dorrie?s stomach along with what the man said caused her to realize all too physically that he had a point. Her lunch had been destroyed.

?Very well. I will be back within the hour. Be there my friend. Don?t make me track you down. I think I could find you easier than the one I search out. Keep your word.?

?I will. In one hour. You must keep this to yourself. The Hunter does not like intrusion in his life when he is here. As I understand it, neither does his master. It would possibly mean death for me if this gets out.?

?It?s between us. Now go. My apprentice?s life is at stake here.?

The Bounty Hunter has just entered Sidious? hideout

Sidious sat in his chair behind the desk and impatiently tapped his fingers. He heard the clicking of booted feet on the marbled stone entryway, just outside his office door. The familiarity of the thundering voice told him it was the one he waited so anxiously for, The Bounty Hunter.

?Step lightly now. Master Sidious will want his prize.?

Jango Fett flung the door opened with as much enthusiasm as his master waited on his *prize*.

?My Master, you will be pleased with what I have for you.?

Two droids dragged the still unconscious boy to where Sidious sat in anxious wait.

?Oh good, you have brought me the Kenobi apprentice.?

Sidious rubbed his hands together like a child just about to receive a special gift. He reached over and pulled the hood from the boy?s head.

A sudden gasp from Darth Sidious and Jango Fett knew something was wrong.

?What is it Sire??

The dark lord angrily slammed his fist down on the ornately augger wood desk. The oily voice of Sidious? which had been a shrill screech filled with excitement abruptly transformed to an animalistic growl; akin to a fierce predator facing his less dominant prey.

?This is not Kenobi, you fool. I told you the light haired Jedi youth.?

Jango Fett reached over to the still comatose boy and flipped his solid white braid up as if to prove the young man had the right colored hair.

?
  4. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Jango got off easy though partnering with another may not be high of his list of things to do. :p

[face_laugh] I liked Obi-Wan?s response to Qui-Gon. Qui is not his favorite person. Not a good start... continuing start... for them. I suppose it is important to find Bruck. [face_devil] Dorrie is there to referee or knock heads if needed. ;)
  5. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I like the knock heads suggestion
  6. ewen Jedi Master

star 4

I have an interesting second half of this post. If I get enough feeback I will post tomorrow. Thank You for all the feedback I have recieved. I greatly appreciate it. This is not blackmail it is holding out for payment of sorts!!!!!!!

[HINT] Next half of this post has to do with a angry padawan, the really cute adorable angry padawan.

#################

Qui-Gon managed to gain control of his apprentice. With a sworn oath that he would behave himself, the apprentice?s new master, released him from the force hold. The padawan had been healed sufficiently of his infection. Jinn?s Jedi healing techniques worked twofold because they were bonded but Obi could not forgive himself for what had happened to Bruck.

Obi-Wan?s feeling of betrayal by his new master slipped to the back of his mind. His Jedi instinct came out. He readily agreed that Bruck had to be found and found quickly. No there was no love loss between the two apprentices, it was the Jedi thing for Kenobi to do and he *WAS* through and through, a Jedi.

Had I not been ill I could have staved those droids and Chun wouldn?t be kidnapped right now. Wonder why they wanted just him anyway?

Once things had been squared between the master and the apprentice, enough for the moment, they did not speak again. Obi-Wan was very aware of the fact that he had not gained control of his force abilities entirely and that the only way his shields stayed in place was with the help of his master. He also was very aware of the fact that the master could at any time if he so chose, read his mind. Everything even the most hidden of hidden secrets back in the recesses of Kenobi?s mind, normally never brought up, could be examined by Jinn if he wanted to seek them out.

Dorrie led the other two Jedi to the café and there they completed their talk with their informant. It turned out he knew very little except that Gunray had droids similar to the ones that attacked Obi-Wan and Bruck. He also mentioned that ?Fett the Hunter? as he was referred too around the city also possessed such droids. Were they connected, he could not say. Who was Jango Fett working for, he did not know.

Dorrie reluctantly paid him the credits converted to grakens. All the while she was counting out the coins, she mumbled her displeasure at paying for what she considered such minuscule information.

Once outside the café the two Jedi masters discussed what should be done. They came to the same conclusion, their first stop should be Viceroy Gunray?s mines.

###############

Public transportation was unavailable for where they needed to go. The only way they could reach the mines outside the city, in the mountains was to travel by foot.

Qui-Gon touched Obi-Wan?s mind through their unwelcome bond just enough to satisfy himself that the apprentice was well enough to travel. He used his eyesight with a quick once over at the apprentice more than anything to see how Obi-Wan was faring. Other than a set-in melancholy and dark circles under the teen?s eyes he appeared to be fine.

It pained him as much as it did Obi-Wan to have the bond. That distress over bonding with his new apprentice had to be kept hidden when he did make mental contact with Kenobi.

Dorrie broke his thoughts of the bond with Thal?s apprentice.

?If what this guy told us is true, Gunray could in some way be connected to Sidious and his dealings here. It is like connect the dot. Sidious, droids, Fett, droids, Gunray. I have to believe they are all in some way involved.?

?If what he said is the truth, yes.?

?What makes you think we can?t believe what he said, Qui-Gon??

?I just find it hard to believe Gunray would associate himself with someone so evil and corrupt. He does have to have some appearance of an honest, conscientious leader.?

?There are stranger things happening in this galaxy Jinni my man. It wouldn?t be the first time a leader of a world would align themselves with someone powerful and corrupt to push their agenda.?

?Just what is
  7. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    the really cute adorable angry padawan :D

I love how you phrased that ;)
  8. KSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd love to see another post! Please don't let this be an "April Fools" Joke!

I'm always a bit suspicious this time of year! ;)
  9. ewen Jedi Master

star 4

NO!! It was no April?s fool?s joke. Here is the second part of the last post for you guys!!

#######################

The Jedi continued their over two hour trek to Gunray?s mines. The female master, very attuned to the feelings of the young, felt Obi-Wan?s misery. No it did not bleed through her mind, she observed it visibly, the old fashion way. The dejected hunched over swagger, with the head hung down, yes Obi-Wan Kenobi was less than thrilled at being forcibly and so totally bound to Jinn.

Dorrie had figured out by now that neither the master nor the apprentice really wanted the bond. Jinn had done it principally for her apprentice and for that she was thankful. Obi-Wan had finally gone along with it for the same reason and she was gratefully thankful for his resign to bond with Jinn.

She told herself the unwilling completed bonding of Jinn and Kenobi was right to save her apprentice. However, deep down she knew she might have forfeited two very competent Jedi when not put together for the sake of one, Bruck Chun.

#######The mines#####

?Honorable Jedi to what do I owe this visit? Surely Chancellor Valorium still does not seek our joining of the Federation. I thought that had been a moot issue since the last Republic Senate meeting.?

?No, that is not why we have come. You had to have heard of the incidence that happened to me and another Jedi a few weeks back. You being viceroy of Neimoidian would give you privy to all things concerning your world would it not??

?Rumblings Sir Jedi, only rumblings of something that transpired on our fair city?s streets. Was the Jedi involved, how tragic. Attacked to be robbed no doubt. Had you come to me when you arrived I could have offered protection from such low-life, Unless perhaps your visit was not to be publicized to me.?

The viceroy of Neimoidia paced the floor and cast a look of suspicion Qui-Gon?s way. A smirk formed on his face, one Jinn did not take kindly too especially since they had just been talking about Tahl?s demise.

Qui-Gon stepped forward and pulled the viceroy to him by the front of his robes. Dorrie stepped up to intercede. However, with the look Jinn cast her, the low growl, and the tumultuous aura that radiated from him, she stepped back immediately. It was not a good time to interrupt the infuriated master.

For the first time Obi-Wan reacted to his new master?s conversation. He jerked his head up with the mention of Tahl and all the raw emotions of losing her flooded out. His master glanced over at him momentarily enforcing the boy?s shields then continued with the viceroy.

?You know very well a Jedi died here on your planet. NO I didn?t check in with you when I arrived. In fact the reason I was here was because of you and your mine dealings.?

Dorrie was the one shocked. She did not think Qui-Gon had the authority to admit why he was sent there by the Jedi and Valorium to investigate the viceroy of Neimoidia.

?Oh so you were here snooping. Just as I suspected, Valorium set his little guard dogs on me. Did you find anything to convince you my dealings in buying the mines were anything less than proper? Of course not. Now just what is it you want this time? If it is to complain about your attack on you previous visit here, take it up with the right authorities. I can point you to the city constable. He handles things like that, not me.?

Gunray pulled himself out of Jinn?s grip.

?Tread lightly Jedi. You are not welcome here, you or your other guardians of peace. Be aware that I will see to it that every move you make is closely monitored.?

?Yes, well you should be aware that I know you have as your property, droids; droids identical the ones that killed Master Tahl. Advanced Battle droids bought on Geonosis and those droids mirror the ones Jango Fett owns or controls. I believe it is the Dark lord that owns them. I also believe you and he have some type of working agreement going on. It could be that it was Sidious and you that sent the droids after Tahl and I that night. And if what s
  10. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi is a dedicated jedi, I would not have cared about Bruck. :p I don?t think I?d like Jinn tip-toeing through the brain cells either. Jinn did put Gunray in his place and showed a bit of his unbalanced thoughts.

I loved Obi-Wan?s true words to him. Anger can bring out the best (and truthful worst) in people. :D He?s a smart kid. Jinn deserved it. the rift keeps getting bigger...
  12. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    XOXOXOX Sidious XOXOXOXOXO

?They didn?t waste any time did the Jedi??

?No M?Lord. They are here and they assume it is the dark who lord responsible for the kidnapping of their apprentice.?

?Well I suppose we will have to confront them won?t we??

Jango Fett nervously shifted his weight from one foot to other. He was not gifted with the force of the dark side and thus in no real hurry to meet up with Jinn and the others. Syfo Dyas seemed excited at the prospect of the challenge of confronting the Jedi.

?Have we learned anything from the other Jedi apprentice??

Sidious turned his attention to Syfo Dyas, totally ignoring the Hunter.

Dyas bowed. ?Yes Darth Sidous.?

?Did it require much torture to drag the info out of him??

?Humph what do you mean torture? I didn?t even have to threaten the boy. He opened up like a rain cloud and showered me with what I believe to be everything his low rung on the Jedi ladder allowed him knowledge of.?

With his lips pressed against his steepled fingers, the dark lord feigned a stifled chuckle.

?Not so brave was he??

?Not so brave would not be a phrase to describe this one. Totally unlike any Jedi I have ever met. Made my job of interrogating him easy but with no torture involved all so boring.?

Sidious now laughed out laugh.

?Yes I do seem to remember how much exhilaration it gives you to use torture on your captives.?

Dyas looked up and returned the evil smile to his dark master who in return, laughed out loud; something very unusual for him. Darth Dyas saw his words amused his master and continued to explain what happened when he spoke with Bruck Chun.

?You might say he turned into a proverbial babbling brook. He kept talking until I actually had to stop him.?

?And did he tell you *anything* useful.?

?Just that Master Jinn has now taken the Kenobi apprentice under his wing. New master needed to replace the dead one, you know.?

?Humm? that only strengthens my opinion of the Kenobi Jedi and his powers possessed. Master Jinn is considered one of the most prestigious and mighty masters today in the Jedi order.?

Syfo Dyas nodded his head in agreement.

?From what I understand yes he is, Master.?

?Stands to reason the best would train the one that has the potential the to be the strongest in the future.?

?Ahh? I see what you mean. Kenobi was given to Jinn because of his Jedi powers, yes??

? Could be.. Could be.?

Jango stepped up. He wanted to waylay the praise he saw Syfo Dyas receiving that he did not feel the dark apprentice deserved.

?Excuse me, as I understand it Jinn was once Kenobi?s master?s lover. I can see that might have had something to do with him taking Kenobi.?

?The High Master Yoda does things for reasons.. Not because of an old love affair. No Jinn has Kenobi for stronger reasons within the force than a failed love affair. Now all we have to do is get the other apprentice and decide what to do with this one.?

Sidious pinched his lower lip with his forefinger and thumb. He sat there thinking for a good five minutes and his apprentice and the bounty hunter stood in silence.

?Bait??

Syfo Dyas got what the dark lord meant immediately. Jango, slow at understanding things did not.

?Yes, Oh Sidious what a wonderful idea. I can get on it right away. Set it up. We can have Kenobi very soon in our grasp.?

?I hope so. I go weary of Fett?s bumbling attempts.?

Sidious tossed a look over his shoulders at the ?Hunter?.

?How many does it make you now. Two attempts and two failures at bringing me who I want. Not a good record is it Fett???

The angered Hunter stepped forward. He ignored Sidious? count of his failed missions he?d been sent on.

?Could you explain just how Syfo Dyas, with all his great wisdom plans to secure the Kenobi boy? Like you said the Jedi will be on guard this time.?

?It won?t be entirely Syfo Dyas. I am not the dark lord because I sit back and await for things to happen. I make them happen. I myself am capable of a little force manipulation. A few
  13. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    uh-oh evil author alert
  14. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope you enjoy. If so, feedback so I will know my writing is going on blind eyes except for a few of my loyal readers included are P.K. and Altaria

ewen

######################

?Master Jinn?. Qui-Gon?.?

His name was not being called, it was literally shouted by the other master with him.

Dorrie rushed out of the small second bedroom in a hysterical tizzy.

?Is something wrong Master Starworth??

?No, on the contrary it is absolutely right. I felt Bruck through our bond. Yes it was fleeting, not more than a flutter through the force but it?s there. It?s finally really there.?

By now Dorrie had reached Qui-Gon, latched onto his arm, and jumped up and down in ecstatic jubilation. Her unbraided long brown hair whipped from side to side making her look as crazed as she sounded and acted.

?Don?t you understand what this means Jinni ole boy??

?Well it could mean his captors waited too long between medicating Bruck or that they have completely stopped using the inhibitor drug. I suspect the last suggestion is not necessarily a viable one.?

?OH Jinn quit being so sterile. However you want to phrase it, it can only mean that I can now trace him.?

?It was enough of a touch through your bond with your apprentice that you know where he is??

Obi-Wan had sat lifelessly on his bed of their rented cottage since returning from their meeting. The two masters had decided to strategize what to do next.

Since officially being bound with his new master his mood could only be described as stubbornly silent. The news that Bruck had made some kind of mental contact did bring him into a more alert but no less depressed state.

?Padawan prepare yourself. We will leave in search of Padawan Chun, as soon as Master Starworth feels she has something to go on as to where he is.?

The only inkling he had that his reluctant padawan heard him was watching the teen rise to do as he was told. Kenobi did not even nod his head to acknowledge Qui-Gon.

Master Jinn knew he should reprimand the boy for actions unbecoming an apprentice. Never should the master direct his apprentice without a return ?Yes Master ? out of courtesy. Jinn reasoned he would accept the discourteousness from his apprentice for now with so much on the line. Finding Bruck was the first priority, his new apprentice would have to come second.

Three hours of searching and nothing. Every time Dorrie thought she had a *FIX* on her apprentice it turned out to be not so. Qui-Gon had even accused her of having them run around in circles and upon looking at the path that had just taken she reluctantly agreed.

?I know he is somewhere around here Qui.?

?Maybe we should go back to the cottage and retire for the night, resume our search tomorrow morning fresh and rested. It is dark now. Could be hard finding Bruck and even harder rescuing him in the darkness coupled with this heavy veil of fog.?

?NO!!!? You go back if you are that tired. Take your apprentice with you.?

?No Master Starworth, I am not Master Jinn. I can handle a little exertion to save a Jedi. Maybe just maybe if more effort had been expended on saving Master Tahl, she would have been here now with us.?

Obi-Wan slammed his opened palm over his mouth. He could not see his master?s face because of the darkness and he was behind him, but if he could he would have looked away.

Whatever brought that on? Yes, I have thought it but today? Wow why would I just up and say that. I don?t know anything factual about the mission Jinn and Master Tahl was on.

The cloak of night prevented the padawan from seeing what was happening but nothing kept his ears from hearing the whooshing sound of his master?s robe as he wheeled around to confront Obi-Wan.

?WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY. TO. ME.??

His wish had been that maybe he hadn?t spoken loud enough to be heard over the whishing and swirling wind around them. Obi-Wan now knew that was not the truth. Jinn had evidently heard every word Obi-Wan meant to think and not say.

St
  15. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be here two more days then gone for a week or so. PM me if it also goes somewhere else
  16. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    ;) I was tagging along. You snuck in a second post on me while I was off playing.

Sidious is evil. A Tahl clone! That will do a number on Obi... and Qui-Gon when he find out about it/her. [face_worried]

Obi-Wan slip of words was perfect, also liked ?Tahl? directing him. Obi?s being a good robot himself, true as the words are, some things should not be said aloud. At least he did realize he does not know all that happened on that mission.

I can feel for Obi-Wan?s frozen state. I would be too if I angered that large Master. :D
  17. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Who will crack first Obi or Qui-gon when they start hearing Tahls voice in their heads.

Please dont let Sidious get his evil clutches on
    Obi let him have Old dred locks instead.

Very good story.
  18. obi-isa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are you gonna stop posting here? I hope not I've been folowing this story since before I joined and I'm looking terribly forward to seeing the conclusion.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.