main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Burning Brand and Brilliant Fire (Jaina, Luke, Wedge and others :-) ) Updated 2-27-07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Skywalker, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaEnnth

JainaEnnth Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2006
    What's the joke? What's the joke? What's the joke?

Sorry. I'm hyper.

What's the joke?!?!?! :D

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Go watch Empire Strikes Back. ;)

3. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Was busy with DRL, so I took some time to come here :(

And it was a wonderful chapter, I loved the interaction between Mara/Luke and Jaina/Luke. But I guess all people are forgetting that Leia is very stubborn and can be reckless, too :p Han isn't the only with with some unlikely behaviours :D
    The little talk with Luke was interesting, it was like I could imagine Luke would speak with his niece. I'm getting really curious what will happen next. But will Jacen have a role in this story? :) It come to my mind, when I read him and Jaina speaking about the joke.

Very well chapter :)

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luke and Leia will never live down that kiss.

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Cem_Fel: It's good you took a break. DRL can get us so stressed sometimes. ;)

I'm getting really curious what will happen next. [face_devil]

RebelMom: No they won't. ;)

Thanx for reading people! :D

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Here's a post for you guys to enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend. Have fun! :D

Jaina sat straight up in bed panting heavily and her heart felt as though it would beat right out of her chest. She sat there for a few moments allowing reality to set back in and her tense muscles to relax. When her breathing returned to its normal pace, she took a glance at the chrono on her nightstand. Two hours earlier than she had wanted to wake up. Great!

Jaina slammed her head back down but she knew that her body was too alert and awake to allow her to go back to sleep, and it wasn?t only that. There was still something in the back of her mind that didn?t allow her nerves to calm all the way. She tried to shake away the feeling, but it wouldn?t leave her alone.

Throwing her bed sheets aside, Jaina walked to the window. Coruscant had not yet seen dawn and the city lights still glittered in the darkness, illuminating her skin. She tried not to think of whatever it was that was nagging at her. Instead, her thoughts turned to the upcoming mission with Uncle Luke. She wondered what it would be like. Thinking back through all the years of her life, she realized that she had never spent time with her uncle quite like this before.

Jaina smiled, the nagging momentarily forgotten, replaced with excitement. She was indeed looking forward to the trip with?

Strong arms suddenly grabbed her from behind, pulling her away from the window and further into the darkness. The presence was not a welcome one. She could feel the anger and fury so thick, she wondered why she hadn?t sensed it as strongly as she did now.

Jaina willed her body to fight back, but the struggle was in vain, for her body would not move. She looked around frantically looking for something to throw at her attacker. Her eyes found her desk at the other side of the room and instinctively reached out to the Force to send the drawers shooting to the one who held her bound. With great horror, she observed that although she could feel the Force around her, the drawers would not come.

And then Jaina felt it. Something pricked her at the back of her neck, and she could feel a thick fluid being pushed into her bloodstream. When the needle was withdrawn, she was whipped around to face her attacker.

Admiral Yates! No! It was impossible! Everything shouted at her saying that there was no way that he could be here, and yet here he was, standing in front of her and had just?

Jaina could feel the blood drain from her head when she remembered the hypodermic needle he had tried to use on her before. Yates recognized her change in expression, and the familiar eerie smile played across his lips.

?You don?t know how much pleasure it gives me to finally do that, my insane little Jedi.? Yates released her, and Jaina couldn?t seem to keep herself on her feet. She fell to the floor, her eyes never moving from the Admiral. He laughed at his triumph and knelt down beside her, knowing that he had her now. He pulled a dagger from its sheath and pressed it into her hand, closing her fingers around it. ?Now be a good girl and make it messy.?

Jaina could not control the panic that took her as she felt the pain beginning in her neck. Her hands balled into fists causing her to grip the dagger herself. Her neck felt as though she would never be able to move it again and she concentrated hard to keep it still. Even the slightest movement she made caused a jolt of pain. Just when she thought it could not get any worse, the agony would increase.

In the midst of her pain, Jaina thought she heard someone scream, only to realize seconds later that the screaming voice was her own.

Jaina sat straight up in her bed, her screams mingled with the sound of her alarm on the nightstand next to her. Without turning her head, she sent the alarm flying across the room, smashing into the far wall, and leaving it with only a small, pathetic buzz as the alarm persisted.

Jaina did not know how long she had sat there, hunched over, scre

7. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Leia wanted to give Yates a lightning bath. :eek: Not a good thought but understandable.

8. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Good update - totally understandable how Leia had those dark feelings.

Well, dark sparks from her fingers means lightning, no idea s to the target - the darkness rarely goes for a single person.

TnTornado

9. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Heh, heh. If Luke won't let Leia do it, well, I don't mind doing the dirty work![face_mischief] Lets see, how about westart by breaking his arms and legs then we can resurect Palpy as a mindless person to do my bidding, then I can order him to make it long and painfull.

TWIN[face_peace]

10. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    RebelMom: Not exactly her dark intentions, but I'm sure it crossed her mind once or twice. ;)

TnTornado: Nope, it only takes a single person or event to start it.

Twin_Saber: You've probably come the closest to guessing what it was. ;)

11. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, let's see. There was a scene in "Princess Leia's Courtship" where the nightsister wanted to brake all of Han's bones. Something like that? [face_devil]

Wow, I didn't expect Luke to make her the leader of the Jedi, but I love the idea! [face_love] :D

[:D] Yay! Can't wait for more!

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Thanx Chilla! :)

Here in lies the clue of what Leia's dark intentions were.:

Luke: I understand that, but whatever happens to Yates, it?s not going to help Jaina. I know what you?re thinking, Leia. I?m your brother, you can?t keep it from me, and believe me when I tell you that that mode of thinking will lead the both of you down a dark path. It won?t appease you, it will not bring Jaina her peace of mind. I know you, Leia. You could never subject Jaina to that.

13. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    This chapter was really interesting. :)
    I'm wondering what Yates has done to Jaina... It can't be only the fact he has murdered one of her pilots. It's bad, but not something Jaina would hurt so much, she is strong. So I'm curoius to know, what he had done ;)

The dream was very confusing, like always I was unsure if it's a dream, although it was obvious, because it was impossible, but it was so convicing.

The talk between Leia and Luke was interesting, too. A good describtion of Leias feeling toward her daughter and Lukes plans to Jainas future role in the Jedi-Order.
    I always thought people should be more aware of Han Solo, but now I guess Leia could be more dangerous than her husband :p The force can be a very, very strong ally.

14. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    Cem_Fel: It's not so much what Yates has done to her than it is just all the stress that has been building on her. From what I remember reading in the books, Jaina has a way of building up stressful things on her shoulders, and Yates' attempt to make her look and almost be convinced that she is insane was kind of the topper, and triggered the nightmares. That's just the way I see it. Even the strongest person can be fooled by tricks of the mind especially when under stress.

15. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Unfortunately dark feelings run in the family when loved ones are in danger.

I'm glad Luke confirmed my suspicions for what he thinks the Force has in mind for Jaina. I can't wait to see her training, and see her finally put Admiral Yates behind her.

Can't wait for more, sorry it took me so long to stop by.

=D=

16. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    Yeah, you are right, she is quite good in pickiing the most stressful things on her shoulders. And she won't let it go until someone forces her to do.
    That's right,every person has a point, where she/he can take no more. It's only so hard to remember, that even Jaina Solo is only a human being, despite all this Jedi-stuff.
    Which me reminds, will Yates play a part in the story? I take it, he will have some problems in the future...

17. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    padawanlost: Thanx for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Cem_Fel: Which me reminds, will Yates play a part in the story? I take it, he will have some problems in the future...

You must wait and see. ;)

18. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    I'll get the next post up later today! :D

19. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    It was harder than Jaina thought it would be to be leaving home so soon after arriving, but she knew that it was right for her. After her final goodbye to her parents and her brother, she joined Luke in the cockpit of the small freighter that would take them to Niftal. She sat in the co-pilot?s seat, trying to look relaxed.

Luke felt it, and turned questioning eyes to her as he started the take-off procedures. ?You seem uneasy about something.?

She shook her head, keeping her eyes on the controls in front of her. ?It?s nothing.?

?Jaina,? Luke prodded further.

The worried expression broke free on her face as she turned to him. ?Okay, old habits from endless repairs on the Falcon die hard. I took a look around the ship, and-?

?You saw the hyperdrive,? he interrupted with a smirk on his face.

?Yes! Forgive me if I do seem a little uneasy, but you?re taking us all the way to the Outer Rim on a faulty hyperdrive. That makes me nervous, Uncle Luke. We?ll be lucky to get two jumps out of that thing.? She jabbed her thumb in the general direction where the hyperdrive was installed.

Both Luke?s and Jaina?s eyes were now focused on the viewport ahead of them as the ship rose from the platform and into space. ?Well,? Luke continued their conversation, ?that?s kind of the point.?

?It is??

?Yes. We need a candid reason for landing on Niftal if we want to limit the amount of suspicion.?

?Repairs??

Luke nodded as he began keying in the coordinates. ?That?s right.?

?And if it blows out before we even get there??

?There?s a backup hyperdrive installed and tucked away in case of an emergency. I may be getting old, Jaina, but I?m not a fool.?

Jaina?s eyebrows rose with interest. ?Since when do ships come with backup hyperdrives??

?Since your father and I made the special modifications ourselves.?

Jaina winced at the thought of her father and his ?special modifications?. ?Dad must be rubbing off on you,? she commented.

Luke chuckled. ?After all we?ve been through? Yavin. Endor. Thrawn.?

Jaina rose her eyebrows and flashed him an innocent smile. ?Hoth??

He glared at her. ?That?s enough, Jaina.?

Jaina?s whole upper body jerked, outwardly admitting defeat and she mumbled, ?Blast!?

Luke shook his head, smile returning. ?Anyway, it was bound to happen. The coordinates are set. You ready??

Jaina nodded and fingered some controls. ?Ready.?

Luke pulled back the lever and the stars drew to lines, though neither of them saw it. The long and loud whines from the hyperdrive turned both of their heads away. Turning to face each other, Jaina gave her uncle a questionable look.

In answer to her unspoken query, he raised a finger in front of her face. ?Hey,? turning his finger to point out the viewport, he continued, ?it got us in hyperspace alright??

She shrugged and turned to face forward again. ?If you say so.?

Luke continued to look on her and her military style jumpsuit and frowned. He winced and then allowed his mind to clear, forcing the expression on his face to do the same.

Jaina eyed him curiously. ?Who?s uneasy now??

?What do you mean??

She cocked her head at him. ?I?m not Aunt Mara, but I definitely felt a flicker in your emotions just then.?

He sighed. ?Your aunt has taught you well.?

Jaina smiled at his imitation of one of her grandfather?s favorite dueling lines. At least, she assumed, whenever he was dueling with Luke.

Luke gave her a light shake of his head. ?It?s nothing really serious, Jaina. It?s just . . . I don?t see you wearing your Jedi robes much anymore.?

Whatever she had expected him to say, it hadn?t been that. ?Well, I?ve been busy, and Jedi robes aren?t exactly standard for the military, Uncle Luke.?

?I know that.?

Jaina smirked at his quick response. ?You?re not thinking that I?ve forgotten who I am or that I?m trying to run away from something, are you??

Luke looked back at her with a warm smile. ?Never even crossed my mind. You have shown time and again your great talent

20. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Lovely interaction here. I've always wished that Luke would have taken a more active role in her training.

Jaina should know better than playing cards with Luke. Or anyone who says they don't play much.

I could see the shock on Luke's face when she made the joke about Jag. [face_love] It actually seemed like the sharp kind of joke her mother might make, though colorful like her dad might make it.

=D=

21. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I love the uncle/niece interaction. I guess Jaina hasn't played enough Sabaac to beat her uncle.

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Awesome Jaina/Luke scene here!

I loved Jaina's joke! I could so imagine Luke's shock. That was prizeless! :D =D=

More soon? :D [face_batting]

23. Jade_Skywalker

Jun 16, 2000
    padawanlost: There are a lot of things that I wish the books would have paid more attention to between these two. That's why I like fanfiction so much. ;)

RebelMom: Actually, I think Luke just got lucky with this round. ;)

Chilla: I'm glad you liked the joke. I was laughing my head off just writing it. :D

Thanx guys! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it! :D

24. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay...*sigh*....I know that I am waaaaaaaaaay behind...apologies, woman! ;) I have been insanely busy with work, and more lately with preparing to move back to CA and getting everything for the last semester of school ready to go. Yikes! So, anyway, I made it back into JC and played an enjoyable game of catch-up....(sorry for the essay below!)

10/18 post:

Hmmm....Mara sure gave lots of detail on Luke's mission. Why do I think this is going to come back into the story? o_O

?Well Jaina,? he said turning back to his niece who still had herself seated on the floor, ?It really is a shame you don?t like kids.?

Jaina pretended to give him a disgusted look. ?Nasty little vermins.?

Lol! [face_laugh] That part was super cute. I loved the metamorphosis of Hide 'n Seek to Bounty Hunter!

?You know, you always taught us that our eyes can deceive, but you never say anything about the mind.?
    Hmmm. Interesting comment there, Jaina. I really like it - so many times our own minds (although perhaps not in the same sense that hers has been doing! ;-) ) do as much jumping to conclusions and deception as anything else.

11/8 post:
    See, I knew there was a reason we were hearing so much about Luke's mission! :p
    I definitely snickered at the Hoth joke....when Luke first stormed/hurried out I thought it was some new joke you were going to clue is in on, but as soon as the twins connected it to Hoth I knew what it was. LOL! They never do get back to mentioning that in the books, you know... Probably because it is so gosh-darn embarrassing and awkward for those involved! ;)

11/22 post:
    Strong arms suddenly grabbed her from behind, pulling her away from the window and further into the darkness. The presence was not a welcome one. She could feel the anger and fury so thick, she wondered why she hadn?t sensed it as strongly as she did now.
    :eek: Yikes! Sudden craziness!! Talk about the scene erupting into sudden chaos.

With great horror, she observed that although she could feel the Force around her, the drawers would not come....
    Okay, several thoughts here. The fact that she didn't feel Yates in the Force earlier, couldn't move, and couldn't use the Force to move the drawers are all odd. [face_thinking] The fact that it's a dream could account for all of that - like when in a dream you're trying to run and it feels like you're underwater or somesuch - your mind doesn't obey normal physical rules about what you should be able to or can do. Still, it makes me wonder...

Jaina sat straight up in her bed, her screams mingled with the sound of her alarm on the nightstand next to her. Without turning her head, she sent the alarm flying across the room, smashing into the far wall, and leaving it with only a small, pathetic buzz as the alarm persisted.
    Yeeargg! Deja vu again!

?I understand that, but whatever happens to Yates, it?s not going to help Jaina. I know what you?re thinking, Leia. I?m your brother, you can?t keep it from me, and believe me when I tell you that that mode of thinking will lead the both of you down a dark path. It won?t appease you, it will not bring Jaina her peace of mind.? He paused as he watched his sister?s eyes soften at his words. ?I know you, Leia. You could never subject Jaina to that. You?re angry, and it?s clouding your judgement. When you?re more calm, then we can talk.?
    Luke is a smart little Jedi Master. I love the fact he recognized that it wouldn't appease Leia or help Jaina. So many people think that things like that will! Wonderful insert there, Jade.

Luke stepped closer and took his sister?s hands into his own. ?Leia, the most educated psychologist in the universe wouldn?t be able to understand what is happening to Jaina, because whatever is happening to her is tied in with the Force.?
    [face_thinking] More plot for thought... So, combined with hazy speculations begun at the start of the post with Jai

25. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Good job at the humor here - though Luke probably wouldn't have been in as much shock at the strip sabaac comment - he did after all found the rogues, and was a fighter pilot for many years.

I also love it that Luke won! Most people have him losing, so it was a nice touch to have him win.

TnTornado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.