main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A call for visual effects help for Star Wars: The Soft Drink Menace

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PixelMagic, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Lol, Shawn.

And here I thought you were going to ask for 3d animators :-\ :p

2. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Ha ha, my gosh I wish I DID have extra 3d animators. All the 3D animation is done by me. And Shawn, how will it be inconstant? No body else is going the glows except me. ILM uses more that one artist to do shots. It will work just fine if everyone knows how to rotoscope. And again, guys, I won't require your assistance for another month or two, because the scene itself hasn't even been filmed yet.

3. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    pixel i'd actually like to help out with the 3d stuff if you let me. i'm still learning it, but i've got the basis down, i just don't have anything i can make right now... or need to or whatever, and i want to get some practice on it. contact me send me a PM or AIM/ICQ(in my profile) and we'll talk. btw i can rotoscope too... though i'd prefer to do the 3d art. aDSL file sizes pas de probleme :p

4. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
    I'd love to do some roto work for ya Pixel, also if u need a hand compositing I'd be more than willing to help.

Tim

5. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks so much guys! This helps out more than you know. The only bad thing is that the saber fight won't be a surprise for you guys. Aw well, you'll only see about 10 or 20 seconds of a 2 minute fight. Also, Obi-Timbo, there has been a new shot written that will require your bluescreen skills. It's a very action packed sequence.

6. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Heh you never know pixel. Ive seen some pretty dramatic differences in look just from simple changes to the base roto.

7. Gardulo

Gardulo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Yeah I can roto or animate for you
    well... depends on what you want there cause I am not a pro yet in 3d
    But in AE anything you want compositing cloning masks shades greenscreening anything

8. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks, but I'll be handling all the 3D myself. However, like mentioned before, any rotoscoping would be helpful. However, I won't need the help for another 2 months, maybe before, not sure. BUT, as far as greenscreening, Codepoet, Obi-Timbo, and myself will handle all compositing. There's really not that much, so it's fairly easy to do.

9. solitude_high

solitude_high Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    I'll help. I can do...pretty much whatever you need me to, provided I have the equiment.

10. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Since Pixel doesn't need you guys for 2 months.... will you all be willing to do the same thing for me, but right now?I have a hoverboard/speeder bike scene that I just kind of threw together (still looks fairly good though) and I need someone to roto the blades and the laser blasts. Theres going to have to be a bunch of guessing, but I dont care if it's accurate, just as long as it looks good. Like pixel I would just want the whites of the blades on black so that I could do all of the glows, It's only 1 saber and a bunch of lasers from a gun deflecting off the saber, not too much work, so would you all or some of you help me out in the mean time before you help pixel?

11. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, since I find rotoscoping painfully boring quite a bit tedious to get it done correctly, and since I will be rotoscoping my own film at that time *joy* I don't think I'll be able to help out much... except for the CG, which you said you are handling yourself, so sorry then, maybe for another film :)

12. Malice343

Malice343 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    I would be happy to help you Npoz :)
    PM me for more details

13. Shadow-of-the-sith

Shadow-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    if you still want help...pixil i can do it in alamDV if you want... :)

14. jedi_slayer

jedi_slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    I have tons of time to do this if you want me too..www.angelfire.com/games2/ffjk/bluescreen.html.
    That is a clip of a bunch of sabers i rotoscoped and I composited that footage.
    Give me a shout if i'm of any use.
    >>Garrett
    Oh i use After Effects too and can save it as .aep.

15. PixelMagic

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, I guess if we can compress your AlamDV footage to make the file transfer easier, that would be great! And anyone else who wants to help, you're more than welcome. Thanks for all the support guys. And your services will be called on in the next couple of months. So in the mean time, why not practice and show me what you can do! Send me a Private Message when you rotoscope a clip and send me a link so that I can watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.