main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL A call to all members old and new!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by darth-blaze, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I need to know what are your feelings about this group present, past and future of the group. I need to make some decisions based on your thoughts. Please PM with your thoughts that way only I can see them and they are not in public. Thanks in advance.

2. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    My only question to this is why does this have to be a PM to you? Why can't we post openly? I've been wanting to have a meeting with everyone just to talk about this... What's the secret?

3. crimsongryphon01

crimsongryphon01 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2006
    This is just an outside point of view, but...
    Feelings can be personal sometimes and hard to express in the open. A PM gives everyone a chance to be heard and not be targeted for their thoughts. It also keeps people from taking anything as a personal attack against their person or character on a public forum.

4. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Well said crimson, That's why I want them PM to me so personnal issues are not posted openly.

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    This isn't a bad idea, but unfortunately it will only work with an unbiased person receiving the suggestions and PMs. I don't think we really have that in this group with any particular member.

6. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    No we don't have a partial person here but I will consult this with a NON-member of the group (3rd party not even related to myselfin any way).

PLEASE do not post your opinions/comments here, PM them to me, I'm trying to keep this on the topic.

7. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I think I'm going to choose to not PM my thoughts as it is my personal opinion that it would be a waste of time to have anyone other than a complete stranger off of the street to review it. In the end it still goes through a biased channel and the "non-related" person communicates through the biased channel. I wish it would work, but I don't feel it will.

How about the meeting already proposed and posted about that members seem to think is a good idea? It might be a good idea for us to actually talk to each other and not through any one member or through email channels. In the end I think that will end all of the pettiness and nasty comments to one another. A face to face talk about the issues and what we want to see happen to each other. Not in a confrontational way, but in a "let's get this all fixed" way. At one time we were all friends. We can't all be that bad or we wouldn't have gotten along at one time. It doesn't have to be this way. Old. New. Whatever. Just a group of star wars fanatics would be good.

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I agree with Anakin-and-Padme's suggestion about talking out issues face-to-face.

Otherwise, I'll act as a neutral third party to listen to any current issues, pending group approval.

9. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Hama's plan is TEH ULTIMATADOR!

I don't mind giving my opinion of the group past present and future but I'd rather do it face to face. But if we gotta go PM, then Hama Hama Hama Hama HamaHameleon

You come and go

You come and gooooooOOOOooOOOOOoooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.