main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Calm Knight - One Post Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Summary: A one post piece that takes place the night after the Battle of Naboo where Obi-Wan tends to the future as a spirit of the past looks on.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui-Gon
    Notes: This may become a series of snapshots.
    Disclaimer: The usual disclaimers apply. George Lucas owns it all. I am not making any money on this.

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    A Calm Knight

In the waning hours of the Naboo night, a powerful silence held claim to the residential wing of the Theed Palace. Far from the committees that were dealing with the newly defeated Trade Federation and the world?s recovery from the blockade, soft footfalls traveled over the patterned tile floor.

Obi-Wan Kenobi passed as if a ghost from one corridor to the next. He had been glad to find himself alone upon leaving the Queen?s throne room that had become the command center for all efforts.

In the hours since the blockade?s collapse, his presence had been required to speak with Jedi objectivity on a variety of subjects. Duties, which he fulfilled to the best of his abilities, after all, that was what was expected of him. After communications had been restored, he had contacted the Jedi Council giving a verbal report of the events. In the hazy blue images of the council member?s, their faces carried the unspoken knowledge that Qui-Gon Jinn was dead.

With that last thought came a pause in his stride, the reddish-brown hem of his cloak swept out over the cool marble surface like gentle wings. His master was dead and he had yet to find the respite to grieve. Pulled so quickly into the details of the battle?s aftermath, he had been unable to tend to his master?s body. Even now, he did not have the time to seek the place the older Jedi now rested, other duties pressed. The mourning pushed to the edges of his weary mind, the young Jedi twisted about the corridor as if searching for something.

Someone.

The faint echo of a familiar presence.

Allowing the thought to drift and fade behind other demands, he heaved a soft sigh in the presence of no one and returned to his journey. Another turn led him into a hall lined with tall arching windows and the perfect view of the brightly lit city that surrounded the northern edge of the palace.

Through the Force, he sensed a variety of activity emanating from the city beyond the palace gardens. It would take time to recover from the occupation and the shaken nerves of having their peaceful world invaded, but right now, the search for answers and the application of aid was paramount.

His hand lightly brushed against the solid shape of a lightsaber at his hip. In an instinctive action, Obi-Wan grasped the weapon and held it out for examination. The sleek design and intricate details did not fit his grip. It had been made for larger, more battle worn hands. Pale blue eyes danced across the silver and black cylinder. He remembered how easily the Force had spoken to him, guiding him when he had needed it.

Shifting a step to the center of the wide corridor, the emerald green blade snap-hissed to life. With a grace and ease accomplished only by a lifetime of honing his skills, he stepped through a complex warm up exercise. The blade hummed, slicing mere centimeters from walls and floors as it arced about the calm hallway. Green flashed as the blade swept back over the Jedi?s shoulder as he completed a series of agile turns within the tight space ending with a slight flourish as he and the weapon moved forward as one. Dancing lithely over the floor before coming to an easy halt, the Jedi then extinguished the lightsaber and returned to its place at his side.

The pent up mixture of emotions ached to be free of the invisible walls the orphaned apprentice had boxed them into. He needed some time to himself to sort it all out. Time to meditate. Time to?

Turning sharply, the Jedi stared into the corridor behind him. Lightning quick reflexes had once more brought his hand to the weapon clipped to his utility belt, but stopped. Reaching beyond the limits of his vision, he searched the surroundings but found that he was still alone. The Force moved in gentle currents around the young man, offering only the comfort that it was there. No warnings, no threats, nothing to disrupt the eternal tides.

Passing it off as merely an after effect of the long day, he pulled his cloak close and finished his journey, arriving at a large orname

3. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    That was a wonderful post Red...Loved the way that you had Qui-Gon come to Obi..even though he couldnt see him.

But what happened to your fluffy work that you said you were gonna write...:)

PT

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    awww, that was nice. i liked Qui-gon talking to him and thinking that Obi-wan couldn't hear him, and then at the end, he answered.

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I really liked it- I don't know what exactly I liked, whether it was the atmosphere or the mood, or just everything put to gether, but I just really liked it!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely as always, RRK. Glad to see you are still writing after the Book of Paths is complete...And keep them coming.

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Breath taking Red. Wonderful to you gift us with your talent once again. I only hope we see much more from you!

8. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Padawan Travina--But what happened to your fluffy work that you said you were gonna write...:) ?? Happy big story is coming in a few months. Got a couple of extra short angsty pieces.

PaddyJuan--awww, that was nice. i liked Qui-gon talking to him and thinking that Obi-wan couldn't hear him, and then at the end, he answered. ?? See, I can write happy, good Qui-Gon stories. :D

Phoenix Reborn--I really liked it- ?? Thanks! :)

dianthx--Glad to see you are still writing after the Book of Paths is complete...And keep them coming. ?? No problem there! Ghosts of Theed, Wild Knights, To Dream in the Garden of Fallen Heroes, Together Again For the First Time and One Must Sleep to Dream are all in some state of being written. It should keep me busy for the next year. ;)

Kelly Kenobi--I only hope we see much more from you! ?? Boy you are brave! 8-}

9. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Very nice Red. These are the moments missing from canon and so important to truly understanding the characters and their motives. I liked how Qui-Gon came to Obi-Wan and kept trying to help even though it appeared Obi-Wan could not hear him. I really liked this vignette and was pleased to see something from you since I miss Paths so much. :)

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That was lovely - angst and hope all rolled up into one wonderful package.

Thanks for posting something to help us get through the withdrawal. I'm glad to see you have plenty of stories to keep you busy for the next year -the pains won't be so bad! :D

Shaindl

11. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    sniff, that went straight to my heart. sniffle :) 7

12. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *doing happy dance*

:D I found it :D

I thought this was very sweet and poignant.

Thank you. This helps a bit with the horrible withdrawal symptoms that I was going through :p

:D Flash

13. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    This is a sweet story. Poor Obi. I actually liked Anakin in this one. Granted he's only 9 and hasn't done anything yet that could possibly make me not like him.

Great post, Red!

14. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    You certainly still have it, RRK. That was one of the most touching post-TPM stories I've ever read.

I can't wait until your next one.

I have missed my daily doses of Paths and need something to replace it.

15. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Excellent.

Well done.

Just Jill

16. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Sheila?I liked how Qui-Gon came to Obi-Wan and kept trying to help even though it appeared Obi-Wan could not hear him. ?? :) There might be more, I have outlines for at least 7 or 8 different ?scenes? where Qui-Gon watched the events of Obi-Wan?s life unfold. I think it would be interesting to explore the other side.

Shaindl? That was lovely - angst and hope all rolled up into one wonderful package. ?? [face_blush] Thanks! With a bow on top.

jedi7? sniff, that went straight to my heart. Sniffle ?? Here?s a hanky. :)

Flashbacca? I found it ?? Darn! I?ll have to try to harder next time. 8-}

ObiLegolas? I actually liked Anakin in this one. Granted he's only 9 and hasn't done anything yet that could possibly make me not like him. ?? It couldn?t be that hard, he was kind of rambunctiously cute.

naw ibo? I have missed my daily doses of Paths and need something to replace it. ?? That seems to be the them of the replies. ;) I will have something in the next few months. I can?t promise if it will be Wild Knights or To Dream in the Garden of Fallen Heroes yet. They are both fighting for dominance and I Dream has won today.

Just Jill? Well done. ?? Thanks!

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Wonderful and touching. A great insight to Qui-Gon, as well as Obi-Wan's ever-responsible, sacrificing character.

I'm so glad you wrote it. I've been missing your fantastic storytelling. [face_love] Any fic from you, at any time, is great. ;)

Again, phenomenal job.

:D

18. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    What a poignant vignette! Thank you very much for sharing this. :)

I've got a dumb question, though: why is Obi only able to "see"/"hear" Qui when he's on the verge of slumber, whereas Luke was able to "see"+"hear" Obi when awake?

Thanks!

19. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    YaY a new story. Good little appetizer before the main course. :)

20. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Nice.

I especially liked how Obi-Wan could only hear him in the end, when he was finally relaxed enough to open his mind and allow his master's words bring him peace.

21. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Beautiful. I love the way Obi-Wan responded to Qui-Gon in the end, as though ensuring that Qui-Gon's spirit was in some way laid to rest.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Lovely little post! It depicted Obi-Wan very well in the fact that he cared first for Anakin, and then refused to help himself. I feel sorry for Qui, because he knows he wronged Obi in not showing him how he felt. Very touching Red, as always, very enjoyable.

23. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Deeply moving with a poignant atmosphere of melancholy. A transcendental gem, RRK wonderfully evoking the heartache of Obi-Wan over the loss of his master and the regret of Qui-Gon over feelings left unexpressed to his deserving padawan.

Sweet denouement with a lovely sense of closure as the weary Jedi ultimately acknowledged his cognizance of the words spoken by the spirit of his dearly departed master.

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great RRK :) Sweet and emotional.

25. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Lip quivers* :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.