main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Candle in the Darkness (Vader/Ani & Ami AU- 5/22 ATTENTION! THE SECOND Author's note!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Mastre_Kris, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    Love is obviously complicated. My friend said that love conquers all- but can that be true? Would you, the reader, choose love over power, success, and life? If you do, are you ready to receive the consequences of choosing love? Either way, nothing good will last for long.

Anakin & Padmé's love in AOTC is very classic; like an old time movie, but ironically in the future, so to speak. In episode II, Anakin must choose his duty & dreams of becoming a Jedi- over the love of his life, and that has inspired a many thousand to write about it.

SO, -LadyVader- & I have poured some ideas and musings into a pot, and voila! We hope you guys enjoy our concoction

Just some things you should know:
    Vader is not bionic, thus he never dueled with Obi-Wan. He has not seen Padmé Amidala since TPM. It is post AOTC & pre episode III. Vader should be around 22. Anakin Skywalker left the Jedi Order when he was still a very young Padawan. He was taken in by Darth Sidious, and trained as a Sith. Now the Republic has fallen, and the traces of a Rebellion can be hinted at.

A thank you to George_Starwars & Kithana for supporting me and pre-upping ( I really mean prodding and whining ;) ) when I was writing first drafts *hugs*
    *deep breath* here we go with my first fic! :D

Disclaimer: We are the penniless sitar players! We own nothing! But we would like to thank Mr. Lucas for creating this "mess" :D
    Please don't rid us of our ridiculous obsession with writing; it's just for enjoyment. Please don't sue us! We don't have much money, but if we did, we'd buy a huge life-size portrait of Anakin! [face_love] :p

The doors to the throne room slid open to reveal a towering young man, clad in a sea of black robes; a human necessity sheltering a heart of coal. In striking contrast was his cropped sandy-blond hair, and eyes of piercing storm-cloud blue. The young man strode up to the short ascending stairs that led up to the throne chair he knew so well. His face was devoid of expression, and he waited patiently for the Emperor to acknowledge him. As if sensing the young man?s patience, the chair slowly swiveled around. In it, was a crumpled old man, his face mercifully hidden beneath a hooded black cloak.
    ?Welcome, Lord Vader. I assume you are glad to back be back home from your last mission??

Last mission indeed. Finding and killing hundreds of Jedi one by one was certainly tiring, especially the Jedi Masters. Yes, Vader had killed all of them? all except Master Yoda and Kenobi. Kenobi, the man that had trained him like a father would in the ways of the Jedi?that is, until Anakin Skywalker had left the Order. The Jedi hadn?t wanted him in the first place,

?So why stay where you?re not wanted??

The Jedi were weak.

?Why go to them, when I can give you so much more power and knowledge of the Force??

Vader clenched his hands into fists, and bowed to his master. ?What is thy bidding, my master??
    The Emperor smiled knowingly. It was convenient to have a servant carry out his commands. He could profit from this.
    ?I have a new assignment for you, my young apprentice.? He paused and carefully watched Vader?s unmoving form. ?You will seek out the Rebel leader, and you will bring the traitor to me for questioning.?

There was a determined, but questioning look on Vader?s tanned face, but he decided not to question the Emperor?s authority as he had done once before; it was a painful lesson learned.
    ?Yes, my master,? and with that, Vader bowed and stalked through the sliding doors, his ebony cloak billowing out behind him.

Darth Vader rapidly strode down the hallways of the Imperial Palace, his stormy- blue eyes ignoring the reverent bows thrown his way by guards. He wanted to find the Rebel scum, and hopefully the Rebel base, hastily. The faster, the better, to prove his potential to his master. No doubt, Sidious already knew that Vader was exceedingly powerful, but damn, his insecureness was creeping, slithering up on him. He a

2. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Yes being the good loyal reader I am, I promised feedback so you'll get it :D

Wow! I still am fascinated by the fact that everyone is taking time to repost and *sigh* I guess anything is fascinating when one's supposed to be doing her english project *shifty eyes*

Anyways... You're such a good Author so of course its a good post! :D

Yay! This is my 1800th post *happy dance* I'm so pathetic but its all good :D

3. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    *impressed whistle* 1800? Very nice Christine, lol!

So Chrissy, reposting? Cool, me too. I'm hoping to catch more readers lol.

Update soon, you're story is so good, it's gotten me hooked on P/V stories!

-Dia

4. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Ohhh...I found one of your stories! Yay!! :D

Good Job!!! *huggies* [face_love]

_PSK_

5. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    alrighty, the second post as I promised... ;)
    It's such a beautiful day outside... too bad I'm swamped with studying.. :_|

The coarse, gritty sands of Tatooine swirled with fury as a sandstorm began to brew. A man dressed in Jedi garb stood near the entrance to what seemed like a hidden base. He stood placidly and watched as the twin suns slowly set beneath the dusty horizon. He had eyes the color of clear blue skies, and wheat-colored hair that hung loosely about his shoulders. A somewhat unkept beard adorned his still young-looking face. He gazed pensively into the void of red and orange, until he was interrupted by a young woman clad in a pilot?s jumpsuit.
    ?Obi-Wan!?
    ?Hello Padmé,? the man said rather ruefully. Obi-Wan saw no objective to greeting someone when they were leaving, but he pushed that out of his more imperative thoughts. ?I thought you left already,? he said casually.
    ?Me leaving without saying goodbye to my big brother?? she shot back with a wounded look. Obi-Wan threw a scowl at her, but both could not control themselves, and they burst out laughing. Padmé?s visage suddenly lost the jovial mask she wore, and she rushed over and embraced the Jedi tightly. ?I may not make it back,? she choked skeptically over his shoulder.
    ?Don?t say that.? He and Padmé had been close friends since the Trade Federation War, and Obi-Wan was fond of the ex-senator, but not as to have a relationship or an affair; just caring as one would treat a younger sibling.

With memories and blurry futures possessing his mind, Obi-Wan couldn?t hold his casualness anymore, and he squeezed Padmé tighter until they were both seemingly crushed.

He knew something wasn?t right; a disturbance in the Force, but he couldn?t push farther into the future to comprehend what it was, and oh how it pinched at his nerves and taunted him.

They finally released each other and both were struggling to keep the threatening tears from pouring out. The young woman stepped back, reaching behind her neck, and unclasped a necklace. It was a japor snippet.
    ?Here, if I?. take a while to get back, I want you to keep this safe for me, Obi-Wan. Keep it as something to remember me by; a good luck charm.?

Here, I made this for you-- to remember me by.
    I don't need this to remember you-- I'll always keep you in my heart.

Feeling quite awkward, the man fidgeted, and up came a playful remark. "When did you begin to believe in luck instead of feminine wiles and politics?"
    "Feminine wiles," she snorted. "Who do you associate me with, Jedi?
    He shrugged it away, and secured the japor snippet in his pocket. She winked half-heartedly and waved, putting on her mirthful mask again. He watched her walk off to the docking bay, sand whirling about her, and he called after her, ?May the Force be with you, Padmé.?
    She smiled and walked on.

tee-hee!

oh I do hope I didn't lose all my readers... [face_worried]
    lol- Dia, that's exactly why I moved too :p ... how does she know these things....

Christine- glad yur here! my loyal upper! *gives chocolate to her & Dia* thank you!

PadmeSolo! yay you found me! :D I hope you enjoy

more posts tomorrow..

6. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    lol- Dia, that's exactly why I moved too ... how does she know these things....

The Force told me so. :D

oh I do hope I didn't lose all my readers... [face_worried]

*cough* Yeah, I was worried about that too... especially with my original story (hint, hint :p)

Anyways, it's a good thing that you're reposting-- I've forgotten a lot of things from you're wounderful story. It's too freaking well written. I am jealous now...

*stalks off*

-Dia

7. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    The repost!! I hope that there will be some new posts too! *HINT COUGH*

Uppilidoodles!

8. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    *takes chocolate* Thank you! Its a bit early for chocolate this morning but its ok! :D

UP!

9. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    as we promiseds :D

Padmé Amidala sat behind the controls of a small one-person starfighter, the Nometa, meaning ?no fear?. She fiddled idly with the numerous buttons, and surveyed the screens that were leaking out information and codes.

When the Old Republic had fallen a few years back, Padmé took leave of her useless position in the Senate, and made a decision-- one in which many agreed with; rebellion, strike, revolt-- anything with potential to free them from the Empire?s iron grip. Why else to fight, than for freedom? Yes, that was one of the leader?s mottos, and who could oppose it?

The starfighter shot through hyperspace, stars streaking past it like rays of light frozen in time. Padmé left her seating at the controls and headed toward the fresher with a bag in hand. She emerged an hour later, except Padmé wasn?t the woman that appeared at the doorway. No, this woman was dressed in a simple mechanic?s outfit, with a fitted long-sleeved shirt and pants with flared, baggy fabric that ran down to the feet and was attached at the knees like a worker?s kneepads. Her hair was of a dirty blond color, and the young woman?s eyes were oddly, the color of a deep, chocolate-brown, which belonged to none other than Padmé Amidala herself. This new version of Padmé popped in a pair of colored discs that sheltered the chocolate-brown, and was instantly unrecognizable even to the cleverest trained eye. The woman smiled triumphantly.
    "Not even Obi-Wan could recognize me now," she giggled to herself. She took the controls again, and maneuvered the fighter to a small planet. There was a small concentration of Rebels on the Outer Rim planet; they?d be anticipating her arrival.
    ?Piccolo base 4, this is the Nometa leader requesting permission to land on base.?
    A voice came in the comm.: ?Permission granted. Welcome, Nometa leader. It's about time,? the voice said sarcastically.

The people in the rebellion reminded Padmé of Corellian whiskey (not that she ever drank the potent substance). They were strong, hearty with a sense of dry humor, and very close friends. Everyone knew everyone, because the new founded rebellion had yet for many more members to join. When one person lost his life in battle or assignment, his loss was mourned by everyone. Many of the new recruits were young, brash men and even a few women, who had suffered so much at home already. They entered with eager faces and many were chatting happily, as if joining the rebellion were the best thing that could happen to them. Only time would let them see the horrors of battle, and the death of their comrades and friends, thus wiping the enthusiastic demeanors.

The Rebel fighter landed smoothly into the docking bay, and the blond haired woman jumped out. She was greeted by a dark haired man who sported a mustache and trimmed goatee. He also seemed to have a high status, by means of his composure and the dignified way he stood, making him look almost pompous.
    ?Bail, how are you??
    ?Troubled times, I fear, Padmé. Though I?m afraid I?m fine.? His smile was charming, but stress and frowning made it appear that he was in his forties when the young man was actually in his mid thirties.
    ?I?m sure after this new Rebel exploit, we will have an advantage over the Empire,? Padmé assured him tightly. ?I don?t have much time,? she glanced down at her chrono. ?The immigrant shuttle departs to Coruscant in a few hours. I have enough time to gather a few tools and take a speeder to the shuttle?s docking bay.? They exchanged strained smiles, and he led her inside the vicinity.

small post tomorrow.. I'm still writing :D

10. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Hi all! Gosh....Talk about deja vu...*snicker*...Krissy, didn't this already happen? *laugh* Anyway, I have re-posted The Capture also...and...will start Sinful By Nature soon.

*LV*

11. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    After re-reading yet another part of you story I am quickly developing an inferiority complex with my writting. Arg- I'm jealous... I still want more though lol. Keep it up!

-Dia

12. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    So you've reposted. :)

i want a new post!

13. Hippety_Hopper

Hippety_Hopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Me too JediCami! I want a new post!!! Did you hear JMK?!

Err... Dia, just to be on the safe side, you DO have your Dark Side in control, right? ;)

I also envy you JMK for your skills. I do not see why Dia does. She's excellent writer herself (although more frequent updating would not be bad) *cough hint,hint cough*.

I'll be going now. I have my own story to take care of (hint, hint). Of course, I'll be back! ;)

*walks away thinking new plots*

14. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    as I promised :p ...

After what seemed only a few minutes, the young leader found herself standing in the docking bay, checking her possessions and her precious commlink that linked Padmé Amidala to her world, the rebellion; her home, her life in which she devoted everything into, the ceaseless requital for what the Empire has done... to everything. A graceful shaking of hands, a quiet murmur of consent; Padmé felt a surge of resolution rise in her chest. With an unknown fire in her eyes, she straightened her demeanor and walked toward the shuttle.

Just another person, on another ship, with no destination but to see where fate would lead her. Oh quite the contrary, she would find more than fate, and Padmé Amidala was much more than just another person. Much more.

ack! I'd like a vote of no confidence! :p
    Would my loyal readers like:
    A) For my to write this next post
    B) Start the post of my new story/thread :D

you may pick... I prefer B, but one cannot always have what she desires...

jealous! of what? :eek:
    [face_blush] but thanks for the implied compliments

I want YOU to vote :p *Uncle Sam voice*

15. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm impressed Kris.Great fic you have here. Thanks to the new forums, at last I'll be able to catch up with all the wonderful A/A fics that I had missed.

16. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    I'll vote for 'B' -because, like you Chrissy I also want to start a new story, but I'm too nervous- unlike you who's obviously not. So go and start a new story... just continue this one once and a while, lol.

-Dia

17. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    *snicker*....And I know what the plot is...or sort of at least...But I can't vote, so oh well.

18. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    hmmm....well, if your new story is Ani/Vader and Padme, then that would be good too! Seriously, you have to write where there is inspiration!

19. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    wow, thanks Sabre! To be honest, I'm sort of honored to see you've found time to read this :p

ok, since I got a vote, I'm going to begin the post of my new story called, "Of Broken Wings and Mended Hearts" ;)

thank you all, for keeping this up :)

20. -LadyVader-

Dec 30, 2002
    Yay! A New Story! Krissy, who's your Beta? Didn't somebody want to be your beta? *Bad Memory* Anyway, once you get your start on the new story...we need to talk about CITD. *Bounces* I really think y'all are going to like this new story...it's very interesting....

-LadyVader

21. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Looking forward to reading more. :)

22. Hippety_Hopper

Hippety_Hopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Hi!

I would have voted for A but it seems that I am a bit late as usual... [face_blush]

Anyway, I am looking forward to read your new fic and the rest of this one. :)

Hippety

23. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Gah i'm late as well H_H [face_ashamed] and all this changing around the JC is just confusing the hell out of me i don;'t know where to reply to a fic :_| :_| :_| . Oh well and J_M_K link me please O:) the fic sounds interesting and look you get new readers here :D .

I WANT POST AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! :p

Kithana

24. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Don't worry Kithana, you're not the only one who is lost...

Anyways... I vote B because new stories are always good.. but only as long as you finish this one too! :D

25. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    OI! :D
    i have to vote B i want more stories from you JMK but please don`t forget this one k?
    UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.