main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Canticle for Leibowitz

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by sidious618, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I just started reading this book by Walter Miller, Jr. and it's really interesting so far. Anyone else read it?

I love the idea of religion becoming this all controlling force, keeping people in line after a nuclear holocaust. Very compelling stuff.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I've heard of it, but haven't read it. Great title, though the summary looks scary.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Very, very good book. It's been a couple of years since I've read it.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've had it (and the sequel) in my 'to-read' pile for awhile. I started the first one. I'm only a few chapters in but it is pretty good so far.

5. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    I picked up a copy at a second hand bookstore recently. I saw Raven reading it back when we were in school and figured that had to be a sign it was pretty good.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I finished Canticle one the other day and just started the sequel today. I liked the first one.

7. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Nice thread.The Canticle for Leibowitz was audio dramatized on the radio about twenty years ago.It was then released on CD/tape but is unavailable.The sequel finished by Terry Bisson is a companion to the first book.Occurs between section two of the original and section three- the part that occurs in the year 3800 with space travel and colonization of planets .

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I finished the sequel today. It was good but all of the politics were a bit boring. I liked the first book more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.