main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series A certain captain is almost here....*SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Redfivee, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Can't wait.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/look_whos_tarkin/index.html

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey, thanks for spoiling the board.

Could have picked a 'spoilers allowed' thread, you know.

But who am I to judge.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Commander Tarkin actually.... yeah![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] But now.... about what can we whine about anymore if there IS Tarkin in the Clone Wars[face_laugh] .... i dunno looks younger than i thought but it is excellent to see him[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :cool: :cool:

4. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Fewer emoticons would suffice to get your point across, swash :p

5. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    The irony is that the spoiler is in the thread title, so what good is the spoiler tag? :oops:

6. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Isn't the title of this thread itself a SPOILER??? Can we please change the title of this thread before more of my fellow anti-SPOILER-ites learn about this news before they want to?????

[face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] :_| :_| :_| :_| [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

7. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I demand justice by the almighty BANHAMMER! [face_skull]

Seriously though, I think I'll read up on the spoiler policies here.

But it would have been considerate to leave the name out of the thread title.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Best news since CV, I gasped aloud when I opened the link in Literature forum. Happiness everywhere! I'll have to use moving smileys for this party. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]. There.

Very small negativity so we don't get rusty: Why do they post big spoilers from upcoming episodes when we have still to see finale to previous arc. They did the same with Qui-Gon and it moved my waiting from Witches in the Mist to Overlords.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Saw it just now. Such great news. Now I understand Dave's "you're killing me" to the kid on CV. As a fan, I understand his pain to know things like Liam and Tarkin and not be able to tell anyone.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It is captain after all... how i read commander:-B..... oh there was that error so it's not my eyes:p .... anyway Wilhuff as republic officer that's just great.... just great... any captain would've been great since we have seen only admirals but him... oh just awesome!

11. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Thread title is an improvement, I suppose. :p

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Changed the title to something a little more ambiguous. Sorry I didn't catch this before.

It's really GREAT news that that the good Moff is FINALLY joining TCW. But again, WHY Lucasfilms?!! Why spoil it so nonchalantly? Man! They blow their best surprises!

13. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Sorry about that guys,I thought if LucasFilm releases it that it would be fine here.

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    From what I understand about the policies, officially, it is okay. But there are still many people who don't like to be spoiled, no matter the source. [face_peace]

15. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    For real. I assure you my fellow anti-SPOILER-ites and I greatly appreciate it!

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah... it sorta is, which is why you're not feeling the wrath of the banhammer. It's more a common courtesy thing not to spoil people so blatantly. Actually, I think there's been a bit of a shift lately, which might require us to rethink our spoiler policy. In season 1 nobody cared about any spoilers at all. In season 2 people only started trying to avoid the spoilers from preview clips and insider scoops. Now with the second half of season 3, people are starting to want to avoid even official Lucasfilms released info...

I think the new thread title will do, though. What captain is coming? Panaka, Antilles? People don't think of Tarkin as a captain.

17. swcolts1977

swcolts1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2009
    Awsome news, wish they woulda kept this a surprise tho.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Despite his appearance being such great news, I think he should have the rank of Admiral or something instead of Captain.

19. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god that is the most awesome news I've heard all week. I LOVE Tarkin. One of my favorite characters since I was a wee lad. I was very disappointed that his role in ROTS was a brief 3 second shot. I've been waiting for his appearence on this show since the friggin' movie.

Hurray!

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This is awesome...but...

should of remained a surprise. -___-

21. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    There is no such thing as a surprise when it comes to TCW. LFL policy.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah they do blow them- let's make fan-petition against spoiling or something:p- if Tarkin would've been just suddenly appearing "Captain Tarkin do you copy?" Damn would have been 1000000000 times more awesome than this and this was awesome as well:p ... Qui-Gon didn't felt pretty much nothing anymore when episode aired because i watched the clip beforehand it was great but kinda.... wasted potential and canonically problematic scene still.... Shmi was spoiled too but actually i would have been very disappointed if they would've had Qui-Gon but not Shmi......

but that adult-Ahsoka (they somehow managed not to spoil her) caused WOW reaction and it saved the Overlords to me..... mostly because it was awesome but also because it was not spoiled.... and she is also pretty hot[face_blush] coug...cough....:p

Well Tarkin is awesome because of totally other reasons[face_laugh]

Perhaps we will see him raising the ranks... is there any commodores in Republic spacenavy?

Probably no..... he is just random cameo.... but come on they should re-use models that are worth of re-using.... just use Weequaypirates but now put Tarkin to chase them or something:p

Well Yularen is Admiral in TCW and in ANH he is Colonel not Grand Admiral Filoni[face_plain] Grand Admirals have epaulettes and different insignia (but he is colonel of ISB- technically nearly as much as Tarkin since he actually is there to report for Palpy if Tarkin is naughty boy) Wilhuff was lieutenant-governor of Eriadu in Cloak of Deception but well that doesn't mean he would have automatically great rank in navy- I don't think that destroys his backstory too much he is probably still from Eriadu...... he apparently was promoted quickly in ROTS he has lots of those little studs in his chest....Anyway i hope he has good voice

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    "Secrets will be revealed", as CN preview man says. We better trust him, otherwise we'll be putting worms into our noses.

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Keep in mind that this could be just a "Delta Squad" thing.

Tarkin enters the command room.

Tarkin: "General, we've intercepted Master Piell's distress call coming from Dantooine".

Anakin: "Thank you captain."

Tarkin: "The planet is too remote to make an effective..."

Anakin: "THAT will be all, Willis."

Tarkin turns around and leaves, scowling.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think it is something like that....It's still awesome... but i wonder why they create so much great models... but use only weequays, ithorians and siniteens... except Bric.... why he was not in arc-troopers?! Anyway what a waste... we haven't seen tankpilotdroid since Ambush:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.