main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Certain Feeling Now Defined - L&M, H&L, oneshot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Certain Feeling Now Defined ? H/L, L&M + Callista ? oneshot
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Adventure, humor, romance, AU
    Characters: H/L, A/P, L&M, and Callista
    Timeframe: ROTJ timeline as to age of characters
    Background premise and Summary: Anakin returned to the light before he went too far over the edge and defeated Palpatine with help from Mace and Yoda. Thus, the Jedi are still intact with academies on Denon and Coruscant. A/P are together naturally, and Leia and Luke were raised together. Luke and Leia go on a mission to Balmorra to deal with Hutts and other good for nothings with Mara and Callista (who is a Jedi but is not unconnected to the Force). Luke and Mara at this point are just friends, but that changes. Leia meets Han there and snark and romance ensue.
    Disclaimer: Don?t own SW, just the words and the mush.
    First A/N: Now reposted in Saga, where I believe this actually belongs [face_laugh] :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

?I?m not looking forward to this at all,? Luke groused. ?Master Windu and Tano sure must have it in for us.?

?Oh come on, Luke,? Callista said, her gray eyes teasing, as she reached across to grasp his hand. Mara, in the back passenger seat behind Luke, grimaced and rolled her eyes. Callista was a fawning fool, not that it was any of Mara?s business. If Luke could stand it, who was she to complain?

Luke pulled his hand away gently and toggled the hyperdrive lever. Mara was secretly pleased at his rebuff of Callista?s overture.

Leia chuckled from the other passenger seat. ?Hutts are not my idea of fun, either. But they?ve been putting the squeeze on all the legitimate business, especially the 2MD medical droids. They?ve been shipping them to Geonosis and turning them into spy droids, of all things.?

?Who?s our contact?? Callista asked.

?A couple of pilots, Dash Rendar and Han Solo.? Mara replied, looking at her datapad. ?At a tapcaf called The Lucky Draw. Probably a sabaac room in the back.? She rolled her eyes.

***~~~~~

When they made their way into the tapcaf later that day, the first thing Leia noticed was the décor: trying to be elegant but looking rather seedy ? too many gaudy colors and clashing fabrics. Both Han and Dash fitted her idea of the cocksure pilot: confident, a little reckless, with more than a hint of mischief in the former?s eyes. Solo seized her up in an annoyingly appreciative fashion. They provided the group with datachips and access codes of information and passwords that Han had gotten from a slicer he?d treated to a friendly round of drinks or three.

?Thank you very much,? Luke said with a smile as they rose to leave, ?This will be very invaluable to our efforts.?

?Anything to help,? Solo drawled, ?If you?re not busy tomorrow night,? he winked at Leia, ?I?d like to show you a good time in a better place than this.?

?Thanks, but if I was looking for a good time,? Leia replied haughtily, ?trusting your idea of what constitutes better wouldn?t be where I?d start.?

Han laughed.

******~~~~~~~

?He?s got the hots for you, Leia,? Luke teased as he and Leia stood to the side as Mara sliced into the computer network and Callista was lookout. Mara had wanted to get her out of the way.

?Don?t you even go there!? she exclaimed, giving him a stern look. He just laughed.

Mara swore and hastily closed down the system. ?Someone?s been dogging my steps,? she exclaimed. ?They have a piggyback program and they?ve been riding along and have me all stuck and mired in a data loop! I was able to get most of the crucial information, but I had to backtrack before the alarms went off. We?ve been set up!?

?I can?t believe it!? Luke said.

?Well, you?d better believe it!? she exclaimed. ?We have to get to the spaceport and fast.?

?I knew those flyboys were nothing but scoundrels.? Leia huffed.

~*~*~*

As they neared their ship, all of them had a sudden Force prompting. Mara had her sleeve blaster out faster than anyone else and was scouring every hidden recess. ?Over there!? she exclaimed and dove behind a Corvette?s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.