main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Certain Point of View - Stories from the 'Breezyverse'. New Story - Nameless, Sept 10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    As I mentioned in "Dear Tam", as often as not, there may be a world of difference between what Pem sees and writes and what is actually going on in the 'Grown up World'.

Rather than break up the flow of that story, here is a little repository of shorts that tie into that timeframe.

Of course it helps if you are familiar with Pem and her world, but I hope that you will find enough story here if you are not.

Just some quick notes - This is an AU - a long standing one that has been blessed to have had the talents of a few wonderful people such as Golden Jedi and brodiew and GunraysLawyer contribute to it with their own unique tales, for which I am very grateful. Of course, if anyone has a story to tell I'd be more than happy to add it here.

As a recap:

- Schurke Canaille (Corellian magistrate, former Jedi, deceased)
    - Kampher Lutador Canaille (Jedi healer, Schurke's wife)
    - Aubé Gris 'Tough as Nails' Canaille-Skywalker (Schurke and Kampher's daughter, former Rebel pilot, Luke's wife, Jedi student)
    - Kay'leb Canaille (Schurke and Kampher's son, Jedi healer)
    - Pemberian Canaille Skywalker (Aubé and Luke's daughter)
    - Tamillen Canaille Skywalker (Pemberian's twin brother, deceased)
    - Ben Skywalker, (younger brother of Pem)
    - Toa (Dathomirian male, Jedi healer, Kay'leb's student and companion)

And of course, Luke, Han, Leia and children, and Chewie.

Mara, the Vong and 'Jacen goes Cadeus' - not here...

Although there is still Darkness about, The Sith were destroyed at the end of Jedi with the death of Palpatine.

OK, still with me? Great!

Let me know if you'd like a PM as I don't know how often this will get an update.

Thanks again for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

2. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    The morning of the Mission to meet the 'New Alderaani'...

In the Skywalker household, working on The Hard as Nails was - as often as not - a euphemism for ?Luke and Aubé need some truly private time together,? and the morning of the mission to meet the self proclaimed ?True Alderaani? was no exception.

They had worked at separate stations on the old YT-1760, and when Aubé came back to ostensibly double check Luke?s work (which she did often, for although she knew her husband was more than a competent mechanic, there was the simple fact that it was quite simply, her ship) Luke had already set down the hydro-spanner.

?Bé, we?ve gone over this twice already?? Luke murmured, knowing full well that the hyperdrive was the last thing on her mind. ?It?s going to be fine??

?I don?t know, Luke,? Aubé replied, her eyes firmly affixed to the panel even as Luke closed it with an audible snap. ?Maybe Han can handle it when there?s a short circuit alert he can?t chase out but??

?Bé, it was only the indicator light,? Luke said gently, patting his knee and offering a place to sit. ?So, are you going to tell me what?s really wrong? Both your mother and Kay were serious about confining you to the Healer?s center if you don?t start taking things a bit easy.?

Taking the preferred seat, she allowed Luke to gently massage her back even as he continued to gently chastise her. ?I know you?re worried about Pem??

?I?m not worried?? Aubé protested feebly, her voice trailing off into a groan as Luke found a particularly tough knot. She let him work in silence for a few moments before continuing. ?It just feels? wrong??

?That they refused to even consider having Leia there? Bé, they just don?t want any regular politicians to come this time??

?Have you talked to Leia about it, Luke?? Aubé mumbled, rolling her head to give him better access. ?Did you hear what they said??

?Yes, I did,? Luke conceded softly, returning his attentions to her shoulder as the companionable silence fell between them.

The ?Real Alderaani?, as they had self styled themselves had adamantly refused to acknowledge Leia?s heritage as the Princess of Alderaan, (What did they want me to do, Luke? Throw myself in front of the Death Star controls?) and had set the current conditions of the meeting. Two Jedi Masters and two apprentices only, and any perceived violation of this condition would result in the planet forever from receiving any Republic contact. As the New Republic was still in the throws of undoing the damage of the Empire?s reign, the conditions had been reluctantly accepted.

Leaning back into Luke?s embrace, Aubé sighed. ?I still don?t like it, Luke??

Luke wrapped his arms around her waist, gently placing his hands on her belly. Although it was the second time he had been with her so early in a pregnancy, the feeling of new life beneath his fingers never ceased to amaze him.

?It?ll be all right. A week at the most, and we?ll be home for the last time until the baby is born??

?I won?t ? I can?t hold you to that?? Aubé said softly, and Luke kissed her cheek.

They understood each other, and that was all that mattered.

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    What did they want me to do, Luke? Throw myself in front of the Death Star controls?

No, they probably wanted her to die a honorable death, preferably by her own hand, so they could have a martyr to idolize... Instead, she committed the sin of going on with hjer life. :rolleyes:

Luke and Aube are so sweet together [face_love]

Wonderful idea, Rick =D=

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Exactly right about Leia, although I'd hardly call that "honorable." Yes, she chose to go on with her "life," dedicated to obtaining freedom for others, including the "real Alderaani."

Anyway, keep this going, and you can add me to your PM list. It's always nice to see the adult's point of view, too, although I think Pem is quite perceptive. She still has her own way of seeing things, and doesn't know everything that's going on. Breezyverse is fun!

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey folks, as you know usually when I do replies, there's a new post to follow, but in this case, as this is a collection of shorts... But never fear! I know of a couple scenes that will be shown here very soon!

I think I agree here - can't say more ;) But thank you!! There will of course be more!

Oh I will - there are a few scenes where I definitely wanted to elaborate, and as much as I love Pem, I felt that their inclusion at the time would not fit with either the flow of the story, or keeping it 'pure'.

Who knows what else you'll see here? More about Luke and Aube to be sure, but probably even bits from Luda, Kay and yes, Louie... even Toa!

Thanks so much!!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet sweet yum!! :D :D Please add me to the PM list. After reading Pem's entry today, I really am dying of curiosity LOL :p

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Your wish is my command!

The night before the meeting on Darrus...

Achuta Ma Wanga,

I never thought I would ever subject the one I loved to Ben?s ?certain point of view?, but tonight I?m ashamed to say that I understand the whys now.

I met with one of the self styled leaders tonight, under the guise that I had given into her desires, (and despite my initial misgivings, I am grateful for your brother?s instance of truly being prepared for ?anything?) as the only way to ascertain at least some of the truths here, I had to ?play along??

I used the Force in a way I?m ashamed of, Ma Wanga , (our little pilot would have called it a hard ?push?) ways that while others may have done without a second thought, it left me feeling? unsure of myself. It?s times like this when I honestly question whether using the Force is a gift or a curse. I don?t want to ever go through that again,

I can see you laughing in your gentle way, my Pukaneekee, you know me all too well and are probably wondering why I?m even bothering to tell you, knowing it?s all academic anyway, but perhaps not. You said yourself that parenting was an ongoing learning experience, teaching our children what?s right, and learning ourselves along the way, but I don?t want to ever subject our children to this ?certain point of view? ever again. Perhaps that?s why I?m sending you this ? to keep things honest. I love you Ma Wanga, and that?s all there is to it.

Tonight there is a final meeting with the Alderaanians, and undoubtedly the holo reporters will be swarming on the planet en-mass, and I have a bad feeling that some stories will make their way back to the Core.

I know you and I have an understanding to never believe what the holos say, but I wanted to give you a ?heads up? as if and when that particular story hits, I won?t be able to publicly deny it without undoing all the hard work that has gone into these negotiations. It?s going to be a bumpy ride ? bumpier than usual, and perhaps my failure to tell P the truth is going to make it even more difficult. I can?t tell you how sorry I am to place us all in this situation, but there?s no going back this time. I can?t ?undo? what I did (even if I really didn?t!) and I have no answers.

Promise that we will leave as soon as we are able to a more peaceful place ? The news from your brother bothers me ? more so than the idea that you didn?t tell me yourself ? If you don?t start listening to the advice of your Healers, I?m going to use the restrains in ways you don?t like.

Ever yours,

Do Wanga

Translations from ?The Complete Wermo's NON- CANON HUTTESE DICTIONARY?

Achuta, Ma Wanga, ? Greetings My One

Pukaneekee ? Flower

Do Wanga ? Your One

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Very nice. I like having the story from this angle too. :) And Luke and Aube are very sweet together. [face_love]

9. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    If you don?t start listening to the advice of your Healers, I?m going to use the restrains in ways you don?t like.

She likes it kinky, hm? [face_laugh]

Loved the Huttese endearings! I love your Luke! [face_love]

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello Ladies! Thanks for the replies! :)

Thank you my dear! Yes, they are?

*cough* Corellians?. [face_whistling]

I do too? he?s still very gentle at heart, and would be mortified if he knew his ?letter? was made so public!

And for what it?s worth ? Luke?s referring to using a ?Jedi Mind Trick? to implant false memories, hence the ?hard push?, Taught to him by non other than his MIL, Kam?

I know I said I?d feature other POV, and the next entry will most likely be a rare two-parter ? Coming soon!

Thanks for reading! :)

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    On the return from Darrus...

When Luke came in carrying their daughter, in an instant Aubé both blessed and cursed the bond that had been forged between them. In that moment she knew that Luke was truly aware of how ill she really was, and yet was savvy enough to hide his concern beneath a veneer of desire for time alone with her.

?You must be starving ,? she said airily, even as Luke gently embraced her, his feather light touch resting on the mound of her belly.

Don?t worry her, Luke?

?I can?t wait to really feel your ?bump?,? Luke murmured, keeping his voice low and soft ? a stark contrast to the concern that echoed through their bond.

Pain?

A little...

Have you seen the Healers?

Of course!

?Ma-mere? Will you tuck me in?? Pem asked quietly, sensing and perhaps misperceiving her parents need to be alone. ?Maybe I?ll want to eat more after a rest.?

?Of course, little one,? Aubé replied, relieved to have a chance to at least collect herself before facing the unfailing scrutiny of her worried husband. ?I understand you were very, very brave??

12. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ahhh.... little thread, you keep slipping away from me!

Lovely additions to the "Breezyverse."

This last one really surprised me - I had interpreted Luke and Aube's need to be alone just as Pem had. It's dismaying to learn that there there is something 'wrong.' I expect this will turn up in Pem's diary at some point ... :(

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Thank you! And you'll probably want to keep an eye out, as I'll probably just send out PMs with 'Tam', even when there is and update.

There and even here! In fact, a little revelation to follow, (along with a healthy dose of, as Pem would say, 'sloppy eyed stuff'...)

Thanks for your comment!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A sad revelation...

After putting their daughter to bed, Aubé quietly made her way into the bedroom she shared with her husband.

She put her finger to her lips, and whispered ?She?s asleep, and so is Ben, and I?d like them to stay that way, if you don?t mind??

Wearing only the coverlet, Luke sat up and gave her ?the look? - the one he normally reserved for his most recalcitrant students ? that normally sent even the most stoic hearts trembling, but it faded into concern as he saw the pained, pinched look in her eyes. He flipped open the cover and patted the bedside next to him.

Carefully, she crawled into the bed, closed her eyes as she rested her head on his chest. ?You shouldn?t worry Luke,? she sighed. ?Mother took Ben for the day, and I was in and out of the Healer?s center in a few hours. All things considered, I?m OK?.?

?What was it, Bé?? Luke asked, the unspoken question dying on his lips. You?re not going to lose this baby too, are you?

?No, he?s all right Luke,? Aubé answered softly. ?Both mother and Kay assured me that he?s made it over the hump??

?But?? Come on Bé, I know there?s a ?but? in there.? He buried his nose in her hair and inhaled deeply, reveling in the mixture of scents. Clean, with the lightest touch of wildflowers, and most importantly, of her.

?This is the last time, Luke,? Aubé choked, her voice breaking. ?No matter? no matter what the outcome.? Brown eyes met blue. ?Kay was so worried? after the last time. Thank the stars we never told anyone ? I don?t think I could bear it!?

Luke kissed her fore-head tenderly as she lay her head against his chest again, now in silence, just being together in their quiet way.

And the time before that, Bé, he thought to himself. Wedge used to knock his fist against the fuselage three times before each run. ?Three knocks for luck? he?d say. Sometimes the other Rogues would knock twice ? even as he was lowering the canopy ? just to watch him franticly try to get in a third tap in before the seal set. The one time he didn?t make it, we lost six and they never gamed him again?

After a while, she slipped her leg up his thigh suggestively, but suddenly flinched, halfway up, and stopped. ?Sorry about that,? she murmured. ?Not exactly the homecoming I wanted to give you??

?And what kind of ?homecoming? did you have in mind?? he asked, even his hand slid down to her belly, searching for the source of the physical hurt.

?A good kind,? she sighed, already relaxing to his touch. ?Better than implanting phony memories of wild gundark like sex ??

Luke chuckled warmly, even as he continued his search. ?How do you know they were phony memories??

There?.

She gasped.

He found it, made it his own.

She visibly relaxed in his embrace, and sighed contentedly. ?Because you wouldn?t have come home as randy as a rancor in heat otherwise??

Her eyes closed and a groan escaped her lips as with a breath, Luke released her pain - their pain- into the Force.

?All better?? he asked, touching her nose lightly with his fingertip, gasping as she caught it with her lips and tongue.

?All kinds?? she mumbled around the finger held gently between her teeth, even as she climbed on top of him. ?Now about that welcome home??

With his free hand, Luke gently traced the waistband of her panties, but he was not ready to be completely dissuaded yet. As she leaned over to kiss him, he called her name softly.

?What did you have done at the Healers??? ?? Luke said softly, even as his eyes closed and he became very aware of just how much he had missed his wife, and on the fact that it was indeed good to be home.

She lay herself across his chest, sighing contentedly as his hands slipped up the back of her shirt. ?Nothing much,? she said, nuzzling his throat. ?Really? we can talk about it? after? if we must? I promise??

?Yes?

Yes... Promise?

Yes?

@};-

15. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Beautiful moments, Rick!

Though I'm so sad for Aubé... I think Leia would have understood...

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The letter entry -- sweet, so Luke :*

Part one of the next entry from Aube's POV -- lovely... but worrying ... I had no idea she was in straits either

The second part -- I'm glad she can at least have this one brought to term, though it's sad it'll be the last, though that'll make it that much more precious... and ... Squggles! Squggles! I've melted into a large puddle... my favorite condition LOL

@};-

[:D]

!!

17. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Beautiful. [face_love] And so sad at the same time. I'm a little speechless right now. I'm glad the baby is "over the hump." Poor Aube. :(

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello folks!

Yes, but I also understand Aubé and Luke?s decision to keep it just between them.

Aww yes ? romance! Homecoming nookiee ? life is good!

It?s not an easy thing to deal with, I admit, but at least they have each other.

A new post soon, and I?m happy to say that I have a special guest writer (or two) lined up! After all, the ?Certain Point of View? isn?t just limited to mine!!

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Leia on the events on Darrus - written by special guest DaenaBenjen42

[face_love]

I wanted to ask my brother for details about the mission to Darrus. That was all... just to hear how the mission went. But after arriving at Luke and Aube's home... there are none that I can ask.

The images on the holo keep coming as I sit here, shocked beyond anything I have ever felt before. This isn't like Alderaan being blown up as I watch, unable to stop it. No... it's worse.

Is this real, this tragedy that is so senseless it defies any description? It's as if Alderaan has been destroyed in front of me all over again. They were Alderaani. My people, even if they had a vastly different difference of opinion, they were still my people. Mine.

I sit here, staring at the holo, and words become indistinct. Hollow. Fuzzy. They have no meaning. I can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. They were my people... what was left of Alderaan, good and bad. What was left... is this really happening? Did it happen? Why?

As I continue to watch the world-shattering news report with images of people laying in the streets that doesn't seem to have an end, everything in the present in the room falls away. Distantly, I hear my nephew point out the sleeping people, and I want to hang on to that belief. That they're all asleep. I know they aren't, but I want to believe something else. Anything else.

The images tell one story, and as I force myself to turn away from them and see my family reacting to the news... the expression on Luke's face, that blankness, tells another. And Pem... yet another. This is real, here, looking at them. It's real, and I can not say that it isn't. The images are proof it happened. Proof that I can not deny. How could this happen?

This is really happening. I can't deny it, no matter how much I want to.

Could I have done something, anything at all, to stop it from happening? I don't know...

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Could I have done something, anything at all, to stop it from happening? I don't know... Poor Leia, always wondering if there was something she could have personally done. Sometimes, the answer is no. People make their own decisions, and even if they are her own people, she doesn't own them and can't do everything for them. I read one fanfic about Han trying to comfort Leia after Alderaan, and something he said struck me. The people were not pets, you can only do what you can; the rest is not up to one person. She could try her best to protect them, but that was it.

Still, it's so sad to see this kind of destruction all over again.:_|

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous and moving entry.

Bravo!
    =D=

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'll poke DaenaBenjen42 to do replies soon (as I know there are a couple people who said they wanted to add their comments but outside life has temporarily sideswiped them) - in the meantime, here's the 'other side of the coin from Han's POV on the same incident...

Dedicated to Goldie, who taught me to really hear Han's voice...

From Han Solo?s personal log.

I wish there was somethin? I could do for ?em ? I mean, other than take the troops for a ride in the Falcon for a little while. Even though Leia teased me about getting? soft (and sure as blasters, I got her attention back when I told her that tonight when our kids were all asleep I?d show her a thing or two about ?soft?, if ya know what I mean) there are just times when I wish it were easier. Simpler, ya know?

Damn, Leia?s one of the strongest women I?ve ever known, but even a gal like her can only take so much, and while Luke does what he can, he?s got his own worries. He?s doing a damn good job of hiding it all, especially from that little wookiee-cub of a little girl of his ? she hardly misses a mark, but between the sly promise of even taking the controls of the Falcon (With Chewie right behind ? he?s faster than a gundark) and all those boys that she pretended not to notice (and Gods help me when Jaina gets to that age ? I?ll have to have that whacked out brother in law of his to put me in hibernation for a good ten years) I think we had it covered.

Leia?s in the back room right now, trying to convince Nails (who can be just as rock headed as she is) to lay down for a bit (Luke?s playing at being ?daddy? right now ? I swear he doesn?t get to do it anywhere near as often as he should) but that?s my Leia, always taking care of everybody else.

Out of all of ?em, she?s the one who took the deaths of the ?Whacked out cult of Alderaan? ? sorry, the ?refugees? on Darrus ? the worse. Luke was there (but who knows what other crazy crap he saw when he went searching for the ?other? Jedi) Pem was there (but she?s a kid and a Corellian Skywalker at that ? part flesh, part carbonite.) Nails, when she?s not puking like a drunk Stormtrooper, can only do so much for him (and another thing that?s kinda sad, I know when ya get married your ?new? family becomes your whole galaxy ? yeah, Chewie probably felt like that when Leia and I tied the knot, but he took it as a chance to go see his wife and kid ? but Luke?s been pretty much away from all of us.) At least Nails?s got her family around, Leia?s just got yours truly, even when I majorly frack things up on occasion.

Ya see, that night the holos found ?em, and got the full story about how they were actually one of the few surviving (well ? formerly surviving) folks from that all hallowed dead world, the late great and much lamented Alderaan they were on Leia like flies on you know what. Things were O.K. while we were at the Skywalker?s apartment (because Luke?s got the place secured against such space slime) but it really hit the afterburners once we headed home. Thankfully, Chewie was there to give ?em the message that they weren?t welcome, and Leia held it all together until after the press conference (with Luke and Chewie and me ? Nails stayed home with short stuff and her mom and her lady-friend helped out with the rest of the kids, mine included.) Well my friends, that?s when things got ugly.

It was the usual mixture of the curious ? some of whom weren?t even outta napkins when Alderaan was blown to bits ? but mostly a case of those with a case of the ?lets go see if the Ice Princess melts?, oozing with Hutt sympathy.

Yeah, I know.

Anyway, so we manage to get that one with all of our assets intact, and all was well until we got home (the kids were still with Healer Kampher ? Gods, kids love her ? like having a Nanna of their own) and I had to go and turn on the old Solo charm, and I do mean the Old Solo charm.

Yeah, I said it, and I knew that I had blown it the second the words w

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Impressive... Goldie has taught you well!

That's Leia, always looking out for everyone else.

Han, do you think you could put your foot any further in your mouth? Sheesh.... Han, speaks first, thinks later. Leia knows that, though, and I love how, in the end, it was Leia who was comforting Han.

24. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    You didn't need to learn anything to from me, Rick, you just needed to listen to him... And indeed you did, my friend! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= Thanks so much my friend.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    You got han perfectly!!!!!!! And I just wanna squeeze the stuffings out of him!! leia's so blessed! So, indisputably, is he!!

A lovely tender moment.

Squee! for the couple mush!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.