main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'A Chance Meeting' a H/L fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: 'A Chance Meeting'
    Author: Jasmine Larson
    Setting:Alderaan
    Time frame: Two years before A New Hope
    Genre:Romance/humor
    Rating: G
    Summary: 2 years before A New Hope, Han and Leia accidently run into each other on Alderaan. This is a excuse for maybe why they didn't like each other very much when they met in A New Hope.

A young Han Solo manned the controls to his ship. Just one more load and he would be free for the weekend. Han landed his craft in docking bay 64. Alderaan. Nice planet, too nice. It was hard to sell spice here. It was hard to sell ANYTHING illegal here. Han knew because one time pirates had invaded his ship, he got rid of them but thought about saying they had stolen his cargo and selling it instead. Not happening. Not on Alderaan. You could get in trouble for selling SALT here! Han thought to himself with a snort. But, Jabba had connections. He must have some pretty live-on-the-edge friends if they were willing to deal spice on Alderaan. Oh well. He and Chewie got paid for it. Right now they were making a delivery to some guy name Zike. He must really be courting danger, Han observed, he was having the exchange made in broad daylight!

"Hey Chewie, open the compartments and haul out two crates of glitterstim. This is our first stop." Han said to his furry companion. A short, affirmative bark was his answer.

Han turned off the power opened the hatch. "Hey Chewie, I'm gonna mosey around and see if I can spot our customer. Watch the ship ok?" Han called back to Chewie as he walked down the gang plank. Another bark.

First Han scored the local cantena, no Zike. He looked in the other docking bays. Still no Zike. He'd find him soon. Han was thinking about the weekend anyway. He couldn't wait to spend time with his new girlfriend, Jessa. Han was walking down one of the more classier streets when suddenly he collided with a young girl. Han sat up and rubbed his head. He looked up and saw the girl angerly brushing at her clothes and putting her hairpins back in place. She was small, couldn't be more then 5 foot 4. She was slightly chubby, but that actually looked nice on her. She had long, chesnut hair that went past her waist. Han imagined her to be about 16. No matter how old she was, he had completly forgotten about Jessa.

He stood up and tried to apolgize but she cut him off. "Just look what you've done to my hair, Mister!" she yelled indignantly as she quickly pinned it back up.

Han was about to ask what the big deal with her hair was when he remembered that Alderaan women never, ever, go in public with their hair down. It was considered improper.

The girl was still ranting when Han realized he recognized her. He wasn't quite sure from where, however. "Hey," he asked her, "haven't we met before?"

The girl stopped doing her hair long enough to look him up and down disdainfully. Han felt slightly sheepish in his grubby pilot clothes standing next to a well dressed, and quite obivously rich, high-class girl.

"Sir, I've never seen you before in my LIFE!" The girl snapped and turned to walk away.

Han wasn't going to let her get away that easily. He grabbed her arm. "C'mon, just tell me your name. I'm sure it'll come to me." Han said and gave her one of his melt-the-heart-grins. It didn't seem to have any affect on her. Hm. Maybe he needed to practice in the mirror some more.

"I, am Princess Leia Organa. And YOU, sir, if you don't get your hands of me, will be decapitated." The girl said and tapped her foot angerly.

Ulp. Han quickly let go of her arm. Well, this is just ducky. Now he knew where he regonized her from. The @#$%*!& Princess! Han thought to himself.

"Hey," he said aloud, "YOU knocked into ME. What's YOUR problem?" Stupid. Not wise to argue with rich folks. Han chided himself.

"On the contrary, sir, I believe YOU knocked into ME." The young girl said and brushed at the arm he had touched.

Hrrmf. Spoiled brat. Han thought to himself but kept his mouth shut.

"Good

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! That was a very cute viggie. :D Nice job with an early meeting of H/L

3. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    Yes, it definetly made me smile.

Han seems to think at about a mile a minute, though.
    (or would it be a parsec a minute?)[face_laugh]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved this...you've really done well capturing Han and Leia's relationship.

=D= =D= =D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely! =D= [face_laugh] You really captured them in this!

6. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Adorable...

7. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    WOW! Thanks you all! You really like it?! :D Sorry Han thinks about a parsec a minute, but I've just started writing and I'm not very good at it, lol. Anyway, I need to take some classes because other people on other sites have told me my stories suck. Lol they need some more work.

8. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Oh, sorry this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm new. What is a viggie?! :confused:

9. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Funny![face_laugh]

10. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Is that congrats or the meaning of a viggie? lol

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    A viggie is a short, usually one-post fic. It's short for vignette. Don't ask me, I had to look it up when I first got here as well.

Great--I've already told you that I thought this is sweet and that you wrote Han & Leia quite well.

12. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Wow, thanks so much for the congrats! I'm still new, so I still gotta learn the ropes, soon I'll have it down, and I won't be in danger of making people scream! LOL :D

13. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Not that anyone is screaming lol. Ha ha small joke. You know what they say, small joke, small mind lol :D

14. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Oh! And thanks, Laine, for telling me what a viggie is! :D

15. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Good story.

It does seem a lot like something that Leia and Han would do on a chance encounter. I like the last bit about han and her friends! i wish i had a holo of him as well

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks! And yes, I would love a holo of him aswell lol :D :D :D :D :D

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  18. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    wow! Thanks so much ya'll! I'm still slightly taken aback that you guys like it!

19. Culf_the_Sith

Culf_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    "Hm. Maybe he needed to practice in the mirror some more." LOL!
    Very cute story, and I can understand Leia's friends. I'd like a Han-holo too!

20. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Favorite part was Leia thinking of Han's qualities as a pin-up guy. Too true! You should consider a short follow-up about their reactions to running into each other again two years later.

21. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    yes, I would indeed be one of Leias' dorky friends lol

Hey, super idea Solo_fan! I'll get right on it ma'am. should I PM you when it's done? :D

22. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yes I agree with both, Solo_Fan.

Any chance of a follow-up? This was a very good start, if you're new to writing! Keep at it with new stories, we'll be here!

23. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    I am going to write a follow up. It will be called 'Not Again', and will most likely be in this section. Anyone who wants to know when it is done just tell me to PM you. I am also writing another story called 'The Pranking Padawan' and it is about when Obi Wan is in training to be a Jedi. I make him out to be a horrible brat. Anyone who wants' to know when that is done, just tell me to PM you or watch my profile for the link. :D

24. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Solo_Fan posted:

Favorite part was Leia thinking of Han's qualities as a pin-up guy. Too true! You should consider a short follow-up about their reactions to running into each other again two years later.

Yeah, I'm workin' on it. Sadly,'Not Again' still needs some work. I was going pretty good, until I realized I was gonna need to watch ANH to get everything perfect. Problem is, I only have ANH on tape, and the stupid thing only works when there is a full moon, no clouds, and snowing on Tatooine. ;)

25. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Guess what?? It's snowing on Tatooine! My copy of ANH WORKED! I have finished the sequel! Here it is! Not Again :D

Jasmine @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.