main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Chance to Change (Drama) (AU) Clean Up version in the works

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Palpy560, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    More notes on the next section:

The names of Palpatine and Soltam are colored for a reason. I will make every effort to explain my points to you without making it OBVIOUS. I don't want to insult anyone's intelect. So you should be able to figure out what is going on with a few hints.
    If you need help, PM me and I will try to explain the next section(s) to you. [face_batting]

2. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    this is really good! hope to see more soon palpy!! :D

3. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Part 5: Soltam, Palpatine and Sidious
    Soltam waved a hand and the two of them returned to the Chancellor's office. Palpatine still sat at his desk as before. Palpatine laughed out loud.

Palpatine:Is the game over?
    Soltam: No, but we have made a few break throughs. I thought you could use a breather.
    Palpatine: How considerate of you.
    Soltam: Are we ready to speak the truth now?
    Palpatine: No, no, I don't think so.
    Soltam: Please, Palpatine, let go of your hate. You know it's not doing us any good.
    Palpatine: Why do you say "Us" I don't even know you well enough?
    Soltam: why indeed? I've told you how this works. I can't do anything unless you want me to do it.
    Palpatine: NO, I didn't tell you to come up here and tell me how good I could be.
    Soltam: Are you sure?
    Palpatine: It doesn't matter,I didn't do anything wrong. I am just the Chancellor. I want you to go now. What I did, I had to do, now go.
    Soltam: If I go, he will come instead.
    Palpatine: He?
    Soltam: Yes, and you don't want that do you?
    Palpatine: No, I don't want--I don't know what you mean. Please go. You made me see all of that pain, fear, greed. And for what? I don't have the power to change. My fate is in stone, that's what Plagueis told me, that's what I found out. If he hadn't made me sick, I would not have allowed myself to join him.

From the Shadows of the room Anakin Skywalker watches in shock. There stood Chancellor Palpatine talking and laughing. Crying and yelling at someone. But he could not see the other person. He only saw old Palpatine crying and telling someone to leave. Wanting to help, Anakin stepped forward into the light.

Palpatine: Anakin, my boy, I'm busy.
    Anakin: who were you talking to, sir?
    Palpatine:I-uh I was just preparing a speech. You know, saying it to myself.
    Anakin: Political stuff?
    Palpatine: No, it's more personal.
    Anakin: May I see?
    Palpatine: Anakin, when have you ever been interested in the workings of the Senate?
    Anakin: I was just curious.
    Palpatine: Why, uh, why are you here so late boy?
    Anakin: I'm having some trouble sleeping and I was wondering if you weren't busy, we could talk for a while. You look like you could use some rest.
    Palpatine: You know, now is not a good time real-really. I have to finish my speech.
    Palpatine fought with himself, tried to fight his inner emotion. For some reason, he didn't want Anakin here while Soltam was speaking of weakness. Where did the fool go anyway?

Palpatine: You could come back later. Maybe in the morning. My schedule is clear then.
    Anakin: Are you alright, sir you seem...
    Palpatine: I'M FINE!! uheheh, I'm just overworked.
    Anakin: Well maybe if we took you back to Senator Amidala's apartment. Obi-wan and I are stationed there. Perhaps you could be more comfortable around us Jedi.
    Palpatine: uh, he heh, nonnno I-I Jedi? JJedi. NO, Jedi are.... Anakin, perhaps you should stay here in stead, I don't trust myself right now to be alone.
    Anakin: Very well sir.
    Darth Sidious: Kill him Palpatine, Kill the Jedi!
    Soltam: No think about what I showed you, what you saw. You hurt this boy and so many others.
    Palpatine: Anakin, help me.
    Anakin: Should I call a Medical droid? Are you ill Chancellor?
    Palpatine: Get Master Kenobi, get Master Yoda, anyone you can find the fastest!
    Anakin: Why?
    Palpatine: Do it!
    Anakin ran from the room in a panic. Unsure of what was going on.
    Palpatine: I did the right thin

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Very interesting! I think I know where you're going with this! I think you stated this theory in the Palpatine Thread.

I am really interested to see what happens next!

5. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    You're right I did bring this up once or twice. ;)

6. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I have now classified this story as AU.
    So this means that the end of this story may totally change how some things turn out, how things are done and what happens. Which means I have "UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [face_laugh]

Ahem. But make no mistake this much is true.
    Palpatine is NOT a seperate person from Darth Sidious.
    (In other words, They are not two people in this universe, they are still one person.)

7. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    so am i right to understand there is a battle of the minds going on inside his head? Like a split personalitly but palps thinks hes battling sidious?

anyway this is really good,keep it up! and can i have a link to that palpetine thread? :)

8. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    anyway this is really good,keep it up! and can i have a link to that palpetine thread?:)
    http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18594647/?357

^This is located in the Fan Fiction Resource (for future reference)
    It is run by my buddy LLL. We discuss lots of stuff. I think the topic right now is "What's his problem?" So go take a gander at it. ;)

Thank You! [face_batting]
    I wasn't sure how people would respond to this. Yeah Palpatine has something called MPD/DID. (Multiple Personality/Dissosiative Identity Disorders) PM me if you want to discuss exactly what each personality is and why it was created. I have it all worked out. But there might be more twists up ahead so stay tuned. :D

9. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Most interesting... [face_thinking] Palpatine battling himself... :D

I look forward to seeing where this will go. :D

Ani-maniac

10. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Part 6: A Sith Lord's mind
    Sidious moves back in surprise.

Darth Sidious: Heh heh heh! You never had the spine to do this kind of work. Stand away.
    Palpatine: No, I'm through with you. I don't need you anymore.
    Sidious and Palpatine became locked in combat while Soltam watched from the side. Master Yoda, Anakin and Mace Windu arrived to find Palpatine brandishing a red blade at the open air. Mace moved in to stop Palpatine. His violet blade cutting into Palpatine's ruby-red saber.
    Mace: Palpatine stop this!
    Darth Sidious: Fool, this does not concern the Jedi.
    The crimson blade jabbed at Windu's leg, sending him down to the floor. Anakin leapt in front of Palpatine and attacked him.
    Palpatine: Stay out of this Anakin!
    Anakin: No, something is wrong with you. You need help.
    Darth Sidious: I am going to help him.
    Blue light escaped from Palpatine's finger tips and sent Anakin across the desk.
    Yoda: Strange this is. Sick he has become.
    Yoda closed his eyes and reached into Palpatine's mind.
    Palpatine: Stop! Get away from here!
    Yoda: Help you I will Palpatine. Defeat the Sith togeather we can.
    Soltam: He must do this himself.
    Yoda: Twisted your mind is Chancellor. Help you need.
    PALPATINE: Stay out of this you green freak!
    Palpatine repelled Yoda back. Anakin blocked him again.
    Anakin: Chancellor, stop this. Whatever is going on with you. You can fight it. I know you. You're a strong person. You can control yourself. There are people who care about you, sir, we want to help you.
    Soltam: Yes, people care. People want to help. Stop fighting them and embrace their love for you.
    Darth Sidious: Your fate is sealed, Palpatine, you can not escape this. Those who worship demons become one themselves. The Dark Side is in your soul. You cannot escape it. But with me, you can embrace the dark. I can do all the things you were too small to do. I can let you enjoy this evil. Why did you make Soltam anyway, he doesn't care. I care, Palpatine, I let you enjoy this evil and you don't even have to remember it. But with Soltam, you are always reminded of this evil. It hurts doesn't it? That's why I'm here. I make sure you don't have to face the evil. I let you enjoy this darkness and wipe the slate clean every day. Kill the boy, you don't need him. He is weak.
    Anakin: Please, sir, stop this. The Republic needs you. I need you. You are one of my closest friends. You listen to everything I say. And I listen to everything you say. Don't you understand, people in this galaxy love you.

At this, Palpatine seems to gain control, Sidious get's weaker and weaker in his twisted psyche.

Darth Sidious: It's all a lie Palpatine. A fog of lies the Jedi are creating around you. Break through it. Let me take over for a time I can make everything right again. Everyone who wants to help you wants to kill you. I can kill them first. Remember what you wanted? To learn of life after death? Well now you know the truth. You know you cannot be saved. So let me do what you created me for. Let me take over. Let me have your soul at last! You don't need Soltam. And you don't need to hold me back anymore. LET ME TAKE CONTROL!!

11. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

So what will be Palpatine's answer I wonder...

I look forward to finding out.

Wonderful job!

Ani-maniac

12. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Your fate is sealed, Palpatine, you can not escape this. Those who worship demons become one themselves. The Dark Side is in your soul. You cannot escape it. But with me, you can embrace the dark. I can do all the things you were too small to do. I can let you enjoy this evil. Why did you make Soltam anyway, he doesn't care. I care, Palpatine, I let you enjoy this evil and you don't even have to remember it. But with Soltam, you are always reminded of this evil. It hurts doesn't it? That's why I'm here. I make sure you don't have to face the evil. I let you enjoy this darkness and wipe the slate clean every day.

Wonderful stuff =D=

Very interesting this battle, I am really enjoying these different aspects, and that Palpatine is realizing he did embraced the darkness only because he feared death.

There is hope! Looking forward to more.

13. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Part 6: Continued: His True Fate

Palpatine gazed across the room at Sidious. The two bolts of wine-colored blades smacked against each other again with a sharp hiss.
    Palpatine drove Sidious back, pinning him to the desk.

Palpatine: NO! You will not escape. Plagueis lied to me. I can be saved. I see that now. In fact, maybe I always saw it, but could never admit the truth to myself.
    Sidious:You fool! Haven't you been paying attention? If you don't let me out, all of us will die. Are you ready to take that plunge into Hell? No, I don't think so. Because you're afraid. Because you DON'T see the truth of the matter. I do, and trust me, you don't want to do this. Let me out, let me destroy these fools. I'll take away the pain. That's why you created me.
    Soltam:No, it's over.
    Sidious: You, this doesn't concern you! Back away. You were too weak to deal with any of it. That's why you created Palpatine, to hide the fact that you had joined evil. Palpatine saw the truth, but didn't want to deal with it. You, you couldn't even, no DIDN'T EVEN want to see the truth. DIE!
    The others saw "Palpatine" fire blue plasma at the window behind the desk, which shattered into tiny glass shards. Then, he through himself on the window sill. Anakin leapt to help him.
    Anakin: Stop! What are you doing?!
    Soltam:Help me!
    Sidious: He thinks you're insane. He'll probably just kill you. Then I'll be free to torment you all I want. What ever will pathetic Soltam Atmosck of Naboo do? Heh heh heh!
    Anakin: This is where the fun begins.
    To Sidious's horror, Anakin had entered Soltam's mind. His saber drawn at the Sith Lord's neck.
    Sidious: What? He let you in here?
    Anakin: Surprised?
    Sidious:Not really. He could never save himself.
    Another shot of blue plasma screamed at Anakin's face, but instead met his sky-blue blade and reflected back. Sidious screamed and Anakin realized that the lightning was hurting the dark personality.
    Sidious: Fool, you cannot win! NO! Your wife-- Your future wife-- She will die boy! I have seen this!
    Anakin stopped the asault.
    Anakin: What do you mean?
    Sidious: He heh, She will die within the next 3 years boy. I can help you. Just keep out of this matter.
    Soltam: No, No, NO, YOU WILL DIE!
    At this, Soltam flung himself out of the red window, plunging to the depths of Coruscant. The others watched in shock as the man the knew to be Palpatine, disappeard into the black nothingness of Coruscant's lower regions. High above in the sky, clouds seemed to disperse tears. Tears that intensified as the time passed.

Anakin looked up to the clouds, which had grown very dark and rippled with thunder. A blue wind wipped up around the Jedi, screaming and howling at them. A demonic spirit to be sure, but suddenly, the sun shone and the demonic wind seemed to grow thin and melt away.

The clone scouts never did find the body of "Palpatine." They believed that he fell deep into the cracked surface of the city's foundations. Naboo gave him a grand funeral. But no one was quite sure, what became of the man they called Palpatine.
    -------------------------------------
    As Soltam fell through the sky, he flashed back to Lord Plagueis, to his fear of death and his love for life. He began to cry, fighting the fear of his demise. He clasped his hands togeather tightly, pleading with whatever power was at the heart of the universe. One final drop fell from his deep blue eyes. And Soltam Atmosck understood his true fate. He closed his eyes.
    And at last, he gave in.
    He took his chance.
    And he changed.

The End

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, well done! =D= Palpatine realizes his true identity and defeats Sidious. I really think he sacrificed himself for Anakin, in the end. [face_love] Despite his fear of death. I think he found peace in the end.

Great job Palpy560! =D=

15. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I really think he sacrificed himself for Anakin, in the end.
    Yes, Sidious would have seduced Anakin, and taken another soul.
    So sad!:_|
    But nice if you think about it.[face_batting]
    In case you're curious:
    Authors Notes:
    1. The MPD breakdown:
    Soltam-Pure soul
    Palpatine-Created by Soltam to escape the fact that he joined evil.
    Sidious-Created by Palpatine to escape the truths of his evil acts.

2. Why Soltam broke through?
    Well, perhaps in the back of his mind, the real personna emerged and tried to convince the lesser of the evils to expell the most evil one (sidious) Because Soltam always felt so wrong for joining evil and wanted to be saved. He didn't want to hide the truth anymore.
    Thus, Soltam went through his mind and showed his other selves what he had done (boy that was a tongue twister wasn't it? 8-} )
    3. Domination of the mind:
    This often happens eventually. I tug of war takes place and the stronger of the identities wins out, taking total control. In this case, Soltam (the original personna) won and came to terms with his wrong doings, asking for mercy.

16. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    This was a very intersting story Palpy great job! =D=

17. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    Wonderful job, I really enjoyed that!!

=D= =D= =D=

Ani-maniac

18. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    That was rather different. I liked it :) Very good :)

19. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Everyone:
    I've been seriously thinking of redoing this story soon as a non-script fan-fic. Using the basic quotes and story, with a bit of editing to clean it up.
    Odds are I will re-post the entire fic in one post within this same story thread.
    Recent discussion leads me to believe I can do an even more powerful job with this subject matter. I think a more classic writing style would help bring out what this fic was truly about.
    I thank you all for reading.
    And to anyone who discovers this story before the re-write, I hope you enjoyed it. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.