main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Change In Plans- Jaina, Jag, Cem, Kyp, Valin- Updated 9/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wraiths_Ghost, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    Title: A Change In Plans
    Author: Wraiths_Ghost
    Timeframe: Post Swarm War AU
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Cem, Kyp, Valin, Others
    Summary: Luke Skywalker has declared himself Grandmaster of the Jedi. When given the chance to leave the order Jaina and a few others decide to take the offer. They are looked upon with fear and anger by the people of the galaxy making the quiet lives they had hoped to lead impossible. Despite their peaceful intentions they become the only ones in position to stop another galactic conflict.

Here it is! Enjoy!

Jag turned the corner swiftly, charric in hand and at the ready. Cem followed soon after, back to Jag covering them both from behind.

?Well this was well thought out,? Cem whispered sarcastically as they paused on the other side of the wall.

?I think I?m doing pretty well considering the circumstances,? Jag retorted, checking the power levels on his charric as he tried to regain his breath.

?True,? Cem acknowledged as he pulled his head back around the corner narrowly escaping the torrent of charric fire that lashed out at the escaping duo. ?Time to move again,? he announced.

?Right,? Jag said already starting down the corridor.

?How much farther to the hangar, again?? Cem asked as he began returning fire.

?We?re right above it. There?s an access channel not far from here.?

?Won?t we be trapped in the access channel?? Cem ground out.

?If they knew about it, yes. We just need to hold them at a distance where they won?t know where we went.?

?Oh is that all?? Cem asked sarcastically.

?Yeah,? Jag said as he pulled his younger brother into a small closet and quickly keyed the door locked.

?I really hope this is where the entrance to that access channel is or you just made another serious tactical error that I wish you would have discussed with me first.?

?First of all there was no time for discussion if we were going to get out of there in a timely manner and second of all this is the entrance to the access channel.? He pried open a small hatch at the back of the closet and crawled through feet first.

?Um, Jag, what if they do know about the hatch?? Cem asked nervously as a horrible pounding started to come from the other side of the door.

?If you don?t get moving it won?t matter,? Jag shouted. ?I make one mistake and now you?re second guessing everything.?

?That?s my job,? Cem shouted back as he started down the channel. Jag had set a swift pace and Cem was having problems catching up to him in the darkness. He could still hear the pounding above him but it was getting further and further with each passing second. In no time they had reached the other end and Jag was waiting nervously.
    ?What are we waiting for?? Cem asked. He didn?t like seeing Jag so nervous. His brother was always calm and sure of every decision but after making the mistake of heeding Jaina Solo?s call and then deciding to fire on the Corellian Defense Force Cem wasn?t so sure of his older brother?s sanity.

?Move as far to the side as you can,? Jag whispered.

?What are we waiting for?? he asked again.

?My second mistake,? he said sheepishly as he pressed himself to the side of the channel. Cem mirrored his movements and right when he felt he was in position the hatch blew back away from them revealing the wide expanse of the hangar below them.

?Jag! We?re in the ceiling of the hangar!? Cem shouted. ?How does this help??

?Your brother I presume,? a female voice said from beyond the open hatch.

?Yeah,? Jag replied with the biggest smile Cem had ever seen on his face. ?Follow me Cem.? Jag maneuvered himself to the edge of the hole and seemed to climb out to the side.

?Jag?? Cem called nervously. A hand reached in and pulled him roughly out of the hole just before fire began to rain down from above.

Cem gave a frightened yelp as he found himself dangling hundreds of meters above the floor to the hangar. His hands grasped desperately above him and finally came to grasp hold of the hands that kept him from death. Soon he felt other hands pull

2. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Intriguing.

Please PM me when you update.

KT

3. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Great start, Wraiths Ghost! This looks interesting. I wonder who all those people are? I know that one is Jaina, but who are the others? And who is chasing them? I hope that you have more on the way. You can't leave me hanging like that.

Can you PM me too for updates?

4. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Love the characterization of Jag and Cem; reminded me of Han and Luke in ANH. If Cem's just meeting the Jedi for the first time this should be good.

I like the idea of the story. Letting Jedi. rather encouraging Jedi to leave the order was a very bad mistake on Luke's part. I'm glad you're going to show him what kind of Jedi his exiles are.

Sign me up for PM's too, I don't want to neglect this.

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow this is looking good already.

I guess the other two are Jaina and either Kyp or Valin.

Cem and Jag are so in brother mode here, with Jag playing the big protective brother part and Cem the whiny pain in the behind.

I wonder if Cem gets a chance to nark to his parents about Jag. Guess I'll have to come back and see.

6. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i like this pm me when you update. when is cem in profic and how old is he. i keep reading fanfics with him in them but i still know knothing about him.

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Looks intresting

8. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    nifty plot, definitely getting off to a good start. your interactions between Jag and Cem are awesome lol can't wait to see more.[face_peace]

9. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    This looks very interesting[face_thinking]
    I like your describtion from Jag, he isn't so grim in here, like he is somestimes described, he is more human, but not out of character:). Cem is also very interesting, I like the interaction between this two. It's funny, I hope Cem will have the chance to tell his parents about this, one day :p
    I'm looking forward to more, it's really well.:)

10. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Great start! Can't wait for more ^_^

11. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can you PM me when you update? I don't want to miss anything.

Very intriguing start.

12. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Great stuff, padawan! =D=

*whispers* Look at all these readers! */whisper*

:p

I look forward to more!

C @};- S

13. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    Hello everyone!

Thanks for all of your positive feedback. i only hope that i can live up to your expectations for the story. :)

Killik_Twillight

Sure Thing :)

JainaJag14

I'm glad you like it so far and I'll add you to the PM list

padawanlost

I see the Grandmaster Skywalker thing going so many ways in my head and none of them ends up in a happy way...

Lolo64

Thanks! I don't know why but I always see Cem as the whiny type of younger brother who always gives his older siblings a hard time because of his Shadow Child status. Oh and good guesses! :)

frankieskywalker

I'm not sure about Cem in profic. I read a lot of fanfiction and I sometimes getthe storylines so meshed together it gets confusing what's profic and what's not. Supposedly, he is the youngest of the Fel children (or boys at least). He is called a Shadow Child because his existence is kept secret to ensure the continuation of the bloodline. I believe this is a Chiss custom.
    Anyone, please feel free to add to this explaination of Cem.

G_Anakin

Thanks

AvaVisarra

Thanks

Cem_Fel

I am a firm believer that Jag learned from his time in the Known Regions and even misses them from time to time. :)

ChissGoddess

Thanks. More is on the way. :)

princess_of_naboo

added to the PM list! :)

Courtney_Solo

Thanks Master! :)

14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    This is looking good. I liked the banter between Jag and Cem.

Can't wait for more[face_dancing]

15. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Thanks! and here's more...

Post 2 of A Change In Plans

Cem followed Jag and three other cloaked strangers. One was female and the other two male. Cem had a sinking suspicion that the female was the one and only Jaina Solo who had technically gotten them into this mess. They reached the ground without incident but before they could cross the hangar to the waiting ship the Corellian Defense Force made it down the channel and began firing at them from the top of the scaffolding.

Jag ducked and began firing back up at them as two of the figures ignited their lightsabres and began deflecting fire back towards the attackers. The third figure grabbed Cem by the arm and pulled him in the direction of the ship. Jag started backing away to get to relative safety behind the Jedi defenders. As soon as he was behind the walls of light created by the twirling sabers he gave up his defensive position and moved swiftly for the ship hardly firing a shot.

?Why did you just leave them?? Cem asked. His brother had never been one to leave a fight like that.

?They can take care of themselves. Trust me I was only a hindrance to them out there,? Jag replied.

?Well Fel. You?ve grown up,? the cloaked male said from the copilot?s seat in front of them.

Jag smiled warmly, ?Master Durron. I must say I am slightly surprised you left the order for Jaina.?

?I didn?t leave for Jaina. I left because the order no longer exists in my eyes. Luke made a mistake when he declared himself Grandmaster,? Kyp said as he turned around to face the other two cloaked figures who had just boarded. He had removed his hood and Jag could see that the Jedi master had aged greatly since he had seen him last. Silver lined his hair more now than ever and slight lines in his face could be seen from the hardships of being a Jedi on the run.

Jaina quickly slid in next to him at the pilot?s station and began takeoff as reinforcements arrived to take potshots at the fleeing freighter. Jag found a weapons console with direction from Kyp when fighters began swarming their position after takeoff. Jaina?s skill in flight had done nothing but grow since he had seen her last and he had very little problems picking off the fighters as she lined them up perfectly. Hyperspace enveloped them and Jag felt his racing heart begin to calm.

?You know when I called for help I never imagined you would actually take on the entire Defense Force by yourself,? Jaina said with slight amusement as she checked over the instrument readings.

?That was not my initial plan,? Jag said defensively causing Cem to start laughing.

?Oh yes it was. You changed that one to something a little more tactically sound and then threw it out the window when we got to Corellia,? he snorted.

Jaina eyed the younger Fel curiously for a few seconds before turning to the third member of their team. ?This is Valin Horn,? she said as the cloaked figure removed his hood as well.

Jag sat back a little. ?Isn?t your father still with Master Skywalker?? he asked the youth quietly. Valin nodded with a flash of remorse in his eyes.

?He still believes that Master Skywalker knows more about the Force than anyone else. All of the other Jedi under Master Skywalker, including my father, think that he holds the keys to being a Jedi. They don?t understand that they are worshipping him like a god,? he said with deep sadness.

?He?s still a good person, Valin,? Kyp sighed from his seat. Jag?s heart almost stopped with those words. Kyp and Corran had always been at odds and neither had ever thought that the other was really any good. This whole Grandmaster debacle had really thrown things into sharp relief for the three Jedi in front of him.

This is who I have on the PM list right now:
    Killik_Twilight
    JainaJag14
    padawanlost
    frankieskywalker
    princess_of_naboo

If I'm missing anyone or if I have one too many just let me know
    :)

16. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    This is really good. I just love your characterizations.

I can't wait to get further into your story.[face_dancing]

17. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    just keeps getting better and better! So Luke has taken to heart this grand master title and is now seen like a God of the Jedi *shakes head* thats terrible. didnt see it coming! can't wait to see how you write it. and poor Valin, you made me feel for the kid.

JAG SMILED!!:eek: :D awww, a warm friendly smile! [face_peace]

p.s. i'd definitely love to be added to the PM list :D

18. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm? so Kyp's no longer a member of the Order? interesting.

I wonder if any of them know why Luke declared himself Grandmaster, or if you're giving him a different reason?

*thinks*

KT

19. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Great update, Wraiths Ghost!

I love the interaction between Jag and Kyp. [face_love]

:eek: I didn't actually think that people would leave the order. I agree with you, though. The whole Grandmaster thing has gone to Luke's head. And everyone else's. If it were anyone but Luke I might suspect a little bit of Force persuasion.;) I feel bad for Valin. Caught between his father and his true beliefs.:_| Great development.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Looking forward to the next post.

20. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    yay Valin's here.

always great to see my favorite underused character

It's nice to see jag showing emotions.

i like that Cem is the funny Fel

thanks for the pm

21. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I like the idea of Kyp finally acting mature!

Poor Valin, though I've always liked him more than his dad anyway.

I was amused at Cem's reaction to Jag calling himself useless with the Jedi deflecting the blaster bolts. Cem really does have a lot to learn about Jedi.

I like Luke as the God of the Jedi, self-righteous Jedi fall so quickly.

Can't wait for more fun, keep it up :)

22. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    This is great, I'd say all my other thoughts on this fic, put the people above have said it all :)

Good I please be added to the PM list? I can't wait for more!!!

~Sam

23. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    good update. can i be added to the pm list?

24. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    good so far

can i be added to the pm list

25. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well this looks like it certainly has potential. I cannot wait to see where you take this Grand Master fiasco Luke declared for himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.