main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Change In Plans- Jaina, Jag, Cem, Kyp, Valin- Updated 9/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wraiths_Ghost, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    ?Sometimes I wonder if I was just born to cause trouble or to be on the wrong side of things,? she looked back at him with a sad smile. ?How about you? How are you??

?I?m alright. My reputation has recovered from the Killik mess. Well it had recovered anyway. Now I?m helping Rogue Jedi take over the Galaxy system by system apparently,?

I found this sadly funny:D

Looking forward to finding out why Jaina was sick of being a Jedi. Another great chapter=D=

2. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Welcome back :)

Poor Jaina, I wonder if Jag's going to realize that he's probably the reason she wanted to leave, or if she's going to have to tell him?

You caught Jag's sense of humor nicely. I hope he runs after her [face_praying]

More soon? Please:D

3. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Interesting? and I can see Jaina in that position.

KT

4. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    great update

[face_love]

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    ?I?ll get back to you on that one,? she whispered after a moment before standing and retreating from the cockpit to her small room on the ship.

I can't believe she just left him hanging like that...and us. :eek:

Hopefully RL will give you a chance to get up the next chapter. I have to know why she left the Order.

Great update. And thanks for the PM. Keep 'em coming.

6. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    First thing's first: Replies!

G_Anakin

Sure thing

Mathom

This post should clear a few things up
    :)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Thanks

padawanlost

We'll have to wait and see

Killik_Twilight

Thanks

frankieskywalker

Lola64

Don't worry! This post explains why she left the order.

And now to the post...

Jaina had retreated to a small cargo hold that was more a closet really. She had fitted it with small lights and comfortable blankets and pillows. She liked to come here to escape and recenter herself. After the Killik hivemind had disappeared she had become very unstable and had needed to recenter herself frequently. She had gotten much better but this retreat helped her immensely.

Jag had really shaken her up today. She hadn?t expected to see him again, even after she called for him. She had been desperate for help and she knew that the other Jedi wouldn?t come to her aid. She was no longer part of the order. She was a no one to them now. The Jedi only helped those who were important to the Galactic Alliance and the Rogue Jedi couldn?t get there fast enough.

Just feeling his presence near her again had broken her heart. She had been surprised to learn that a broken heart actually led to a dull ache in her chest. It had taken all of her Jedi strength and support from both Valin and Kyp for her not to turn into a weeping blob at his feet. She loved him more than he could possibly even imagine. She pushed away her thoughts of him with difficulty and then turned all of her focus to his question.

Why had she been sick of being a Jedi? She sure wasn?t sick of it now and now was definitely the time to be sick of being a Jedi. She had been chased, shot at, captured, and treated poorly ever since she had left the order and yet she found she liked it more than being with the order. It wasn?t really her Uncle Luke?s fault. He thought he was doing the right thing but this Grandmaster nonsense was dangerous and inhibiting to the other Jedi. She still remembered being given the choice to leave and her conflicting feelings vividly.

Her Uncle had known it was coming when she left. He had just told her she couldn?t leave to help her apprentice, Valin, on one of his missions. Valin had gone missing and she had had visions of him. She had requested the opportunity to assist as all the Jedi were made to do now. No one could interfere in any conflict or even a tense situation without getting the Grandmaster?s permission. He had given her one of his sad smiles and then refused her request.

She hadn?t been able to react for several seconds. In those seconds all of her visions of Valin came forward and then all of her memories of him as well as other Jedi that she had been unable to help because of these stupid new rules governing the Jedi. They had been contracted to help the people of the galaxy but they were not allowed to save their own when it could cause a bigger conflict to erupt. She knew without a doubt that sending Jedi after Valin on Corellia would accelerate the conflict building there but the conflict was inevitable so why couldn?t she go? The Grandmaster had calmly explained like he would to a small misbehaving child that the Galactic Alliance was not ready for the conflict but as soon as they were then a Jedi would be sent with them to retrieve Valin.

More memories flooded her brain: Tahiri and Tesar still exiled on Dagobah, Zekk dying during a mission on Thyferra, Kyp somewhere across the galaxy unable to contact her, and finally Jag. Her brain seemed to latch onto his memories. She had started crying right there in her Uncle?s office. He had come to her side and held her for a while.

?I can?t stay,? she had sobbed, pushing out of his arms. ?I?m going,? she had said wiping her eyes and handing him her lightsaber. He had given her another sad smile as he took it.

?I?m sorry to hear that, Jaina. You were a great Jedi.?

She had left right after handing over her light

7. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Great update=D=

I like how you got into Jaina's inner thoughts about the reason for leaving the Jedi Order. And her love of Jag being the catalyst.

8. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    :_|

Just feeling his presence near her again had broken her heart. She had been surprised to learn that a broken heart actually led to a dull ache in her chest. It had taken all of her Jedi strength and support from both Valin and Kyp for her not to turn into a weeping blob at his feet. She loved him more than he could possibly even imagine.

I'm not surprised that Jag was the reason she left, but will she be able to admit that to him?

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter thanks for the PM

10. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i love the flashback really helps to understand her motivation

great update

11. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Thanks!

padawanlost

Oh I think she will be able to admit it, but will she like the results?

G__Anakin

Thanks!

frankieskywalker

Thanks. I had hoped it would work. :)

Thank you all for reading. The next post will probably be on Monday. :)

12. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Wow, I love this fic so far! Can you add me to the PM list? ^_^

13. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    Sure thing ChissGoddess! Welcome! :)

14. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    NEW POST! and it's on time [face_dancing]

Jaina walked back to the cockpit where she could still feel Jagged Fel?s white hot presence burning brightly. When she entered she found him on his back sprawled out in the pilot?s chair, one leg dangling lazily over one side with his head pillowed in the crook of one arm while the other one rested on his chest. She almost couldn?t resist the urge to lean down and kiss him. He was so perfect when he slept and such a pilot: he could sleep anywhere and in any position. She smiled, remembering Cem?s constant sarcasm and knew that if she were Jag she wouldn?t want to sleep in the same room with him either.

She self consciously pulled her cloak tighter against herself, remembering Jag?s earlier discomfort with her malnutrition before gently and reluctantly reaching out and poking his arm lightly. His eyes fluttered open instantly and he smiled up at her before stretching and looking around in confusion. She waited patiently for him to get his bearings and remember where he was before she spoke up.

?We need to talk,? she said.

His eyes settled on her again, waiting for her to continue and explain her reason for waking him.

?I figured out why I left the Jedi order.?

?That didn?t take very long,? he commented blinking a few times in surprise.

?Well, it?s not the first time I?ve thought about it. It?s just the first time I?ve thought about it so intensely,? she explained. ?I left the order because I was being forced to stand by and watch others die when it could have been prevented.?

Jag sighed in annoyance. She always felt like everyone was her responsibility and it was getting really annoying.

?No, not by me,? she snapped. ?The deaths of many of the Jedi in the last couple of years were completely preventable by listening to other Jedi and allowing them to follow their hearts. I?m not the only one who?s lost someone because Grandmaster Skywalker doesn?t deem everyone?s lives as equally important, Jagged. I know I can?t save everyone and that?s why it hurts me more when I am kept from saving those that are within my power to save.? She had started pacing the small cockpit restlessly and Jag reached out to stop her.

?I?m sorry. I misunderstood?? she stopped him before he could continue.

?That was one of the reasons. The next one is that although my uncle became Grandmaster to end bickering in the Jedi, it has done nothing but increase because they now need to convince him of their stance. I myself was growing tired of presenting my case before the Grandmaster. I felt like I was presenting something before the Killiks again. They had already made their decision based on Unu Thul just like Uncle Luke makes his decision based off the information he gets from the government and we both know how good that is. It has lead to more resentment among the Jedi. Uncle Luke feels that he needs to take a very strong stance in arguments. He used to have to compromise to keep everyone happy and now he can just choose which is not always the best course of action,? she said as he raised a skeptical eyebrow.

?Jaina, your Uncle has always been very level headed and fair.?

?Power changes a man. He is at the mercy of the information he?s fed now. He doesn?t have the time to look into all of the disputes himself and so he decides which ones are important and throws out the rest because he can?t make an educated decision. He still listens to arguing all day and all night. He never spends any time with Aunt Mara and Ben. He?s being manipulated by more people than I can count and it?s ripping the galaxy into pieces.?

?Jaina?Jaina calm down.? He pulled her into his lap as she started crying.

?And I decided to leave the order because of you.?

His muscles tensed and his brain seemed to stop functioning. She continued sobbing into his chest, completely oblivious to the shock coursing through his soul. ?The force was leading me?in a different direction than my heart?and I wanted more than anything to be done with it?and be normal?so that I could be with you,? she ma

15. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    That was wonderful! I wish Jag would have told Jaina how he feels though because now she's got the wrong idea. >_<

Can't wait for the next update ^_^

16. Princess Cambria

Jan 20, 2006
    Jaina's explanation was great, but Jag should of kissed her. ** gives sad smile ** She needs a good kissing.

And Valin getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar...priceless

17. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Hi everyone! I'm back again, and this time for good. I'm sorry that I missed so many posts but this was amazing. I agree, he should have kissed her in the end, but that's how life goes. And I can totally understand her reasons for leaving. Uncle Luke has gone a bit luney with the power thing. =D= Claps for having the guts to leave.

Great posts and thanks for all the PMs.

18. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    had to do a little catching up since i missed the post before the last one :oops: anyways. wonderful job. Im really happy with the way your last post turned out, it was beautiful. The fact that you didn't make Jag instantly accept her love is perfect and so fitting, though i love romance and hope they end up together, i really appreciate the way you are drawing it, making it more realistic. i don't always enjoy being force fed a spoon full of mushy love lol. anyways, wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL job! can't wait for more. [face_peace]

19. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool thanks for the PM

20. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    yeh, Jag's a little confused and slow moving, but with the whole Killik thing maybe he isn't sure if he's completely forgiven her.

I liked how you wrote this:

Uncle Luke makes his decision based off the information he gets from the government and we both know how good that is. It has lead to more resentment among the Jedi. Uncle Luke feels that he needs to take a very strong stance in arguments. He used to have to compromise to keep everyone happy and now he can just choose which is not always the best course of action,? she said as he raised a skeptical eyebrow.

Seems like the direction the profic might just take.

Intriguing story! Keep it up!

21. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Way to go Jaina! Thanks for being honest with him.

I hope he can get over the Killik incident, because if the Killiks had been on the up and up, Jaina would have undoubtedly been right to protect them.

I'm interested to hear what Kyp thinks Jaina will be interested in.

Too bad about the Jedi being manipulated by the government, but I guess we should all be used to that by now. Good job Grandmaster :oops:

Wonderful post =D=

22. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow....I just did a marathon read of this...Loved it =D= ...and I can't wait to find out more of what's going on...

PM please? [face_praying]

FL @};-

23. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Well, at least they're talking. That's a start. I can see why he wouldn't just take her back though. The Killik Crisis was a big deal and Jag lost a lot of honor to help Jaina and got only pain as thanks (as Cem frequently reminds him). Jaina can't realistically just expect him to forget that. Everyone knows how much Jag values personal honor.

I can see why the group broke off from the Jedi order now. Shame that Luke's fallen so far.

Poor Valin, that must have been uncomfortable. At least he ended the awkward silence, Jaina sounded like she was about to snap. I wonder what Kyp wants?

Great job! =D=

24. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    great uppie, cant wait for more!!!
    ~Sam

25. Wraiths_Ghost

May 24, 2006
    ChissGoddess

Thanks!

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Thank you. I totally agree that she needs a kiss or 2 or 3 or 4... [face_love]

JainaJag14

Welcome back! Thank you very much.

AvaVisarra

That was my own private little challenge: trying to make sure Jaina and Jag don't forgive and forget so fast. I'm glad it's working! :)

G__Anakin

You're welcome.

iamobiwan1970

Thanks!

padawanlost

Thank you

Flowerlady

Thank you! Add to list.

Mathom

Thank you! I'm really trying to make it as realistic as my sappy heart will allow. :)

Anastasia_Fel

Thanks

------------------------

And now for the post!

?So how long were you listening,? Jag asked from his seat without turning around. Valin turned slightly pink before responding truthfully that he had been there from the beginning of the conversation. ?You?re going to want to give her space for awhile then,? Jag said quietly.

?Why don?t you just tell her?? Valin blurted out before he could stop himself.

?Tell her what? There?s nothing to tell,? Jag responded naturally. If Valin hadn?t been a Jedi he wouldn?t have known the other man was lying.

?You still love her,? Valin stated.

?Love?s complicated and things can?t just be fixed with the snap of someone?s fingers. I do still love her but I need to make sure that that is what is best for both of us. I didn?t think last time and it got me into trouble. It got both of us into trouble. I won?t go through something like the Killik crisis again. Our morals and beliefs are too different to be reconciled.?

?Did you really expect her, Jaina Solo, to say she?s sorry about the Killiks. In her eyes she is always right. That?s how she keeps going.? He studied Jag?s reflection in the transparisteel for a few moments. ?Honestly, I think she was right about the Killiks. They didn?t deserve to be exterminated any more than the Vong did. Jaina was able to see that. If I had been old enough to think for myself and beyond what my father said at the time I would have helped them too. People get hung up on their fears and it controls them. The problem was Lomi Plo and that problem was solved.? He turned to go but then stopped, ?I?m glad to have known someone like Jaina Solo. You should be too.? Then he swept out of the cockpit and back the way he had come.

In his state of agitation he completely failed to see Jaina pressed against the side of the door leading to Jag and Cem?s temporary room. She let the tears fall unchecked as she started off for her cargo hold. Kyp would understand. He could handle it this time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He had been so close to telling her how he felt. Then they had talked about the Killiks and he had been glad he stopped himself. Now, after talking with Valin, he didn?t know how he felt anymore. He still loved her but was she worth all of the heartache? His brother had been right. Jaina Solo was amazing but she was painful and he needed to figure out if she was worth all of the pain. For some reason the cockpit suddenly felt very unwelcoming and claustrophobic to him so he retreated back to the room he had been given. Finding his brother absent, he thanked the Force and then settled onto his bunk to sleep and hopefully wake up with some answers to his questions about Jaina Solo.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kyp could feel Jaina?s turmoil through the Force. He was beginning to regret that they had ever been rescued by the Fels. Cem was just plain annoying and Jag was tearing Jaina?s fragile soul in two. He made his way back to the small cargo space that she had made her own. He gently rapped on the door and it slid open almost immediately. He stepped in and looked down at Jaina who seemed to be silently fuming now that she had had time to think over her conversation and Valin eavesdropping. Kyp sat down next to her in the small nest of blanke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.