main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Change In Plans- Jaina, Jag, Cem, Kyp, Valin- Updated 9/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wraiths_Ghost, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    ?Love?s complicated and things can?t just be fixed with the snap of someone?s fingers.

Isn't that the truth:p Jag has to be able to forgive Jaina for a lot of things before his head will let his heart take over again.

I loved the interaction between Jaina and Kyp. He is such a good friend to her. He sometimes is the glue keeping her together.

?I think that if you still love him that you should keep trying.? He smiled slightly, ?I don?t think you?ll be able to keep from trying if you still love him.?

Did that have a double meaning? or am I just wishing there's still a chance with K/J. o_O

Great update=D=

2. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Love?s complicated and things can?t just be fixed with the snap of someone?s fingers.

*sigh* Ain't it the truth? I love the mix of emotions you gave us between Jag, Valin, Kyp, and Jaina. Beautifully written.

Great post and thanks for the PM.[:D]

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great chapter thanks for the PM

4. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Hmmm, probably the way the galaxy should be: Kyp and Jaina are close friends and confidantes and Jaina and Jag are lovers.

I like that Kyp reminds Jaina they are still Jedi despite Skywalker basically throwing them out.

Bunch of stubborn people aren't they? o_O

5. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?I?m glad to have known someone like Jaina Solo. You should be too.? Then he swept out of the cockpit and back the way he had come.

In his state of agitation he completely failed to see Jaina pressed against the side of the door leading to Jag and Cem?s temporary room. She let the tears fall unchecked as she started off for her cargo hold.

Way to go Valin! Poor Jaina. I feel so bad for her moping in the cargo hold.

?I don?t know, Jaina. It goes both ways. He killed people that you knew as well. He captured your parents. You?ve both hurt each other and he needs to stop acting like he?s the only one who?s been hurt.?

Good advice Master Durron. I have to say I like the maturity you write Kyp with. I like to see his idealism doing something valuable. It was good of him to remind her that they are still Jedi, cause trouble sometimes makes her forget that.

I wonder who helped the Corellians capture them? I know it's going to be a shocker- can't wait!

Great Job =D=

6. Ailin

Ailin Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    I really like this story. The character interactions are great. Can't wait for more. :)

7. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great post...loved the interaction between Valin and Jag...But I have a question...How old is Valin in this?...because according to canon his is only four years younger than the Solo twins...but I think you've made him younger...at least he seems younger...Jaina's apprentice, right? [face_thinking]

And the Kyp / Jaina scene...

Princesscambria Posted:
    ?I think that if you still love him that you should keep trying.? He smiled slightly, ?I don?t think you?ll be able to keep from trying if you still love him.?

Did that have a double meaning? or am I just wishing there's still a chance with K/J.o_O

I have to only agree...I'm wishing too.....:p

FL @};-

8. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Lovely post! I really liked how you portrayed Kyp and Jaina's relationship. That's exactly how I imagine they'd be at this point. Nice to see some of Valin's character being developed, and as always Jag is the realist. His quote on love is spot on.

In her eyes she is always right. That?s how she keeps going.

In Jacen's eyes, he's always right too. But he's [face_evil], and Jaina's not. Maybe he planned the captured as some strange attempt to protect Allana?

But where's Cem? Causing trouble somewhere, no doubt. For some reason, maybe because Jag was relieved this post that Cem wasn't in the room, I'm sensing another brother bonding moment soon.

Wonderful update, I can't wait until the next post. =D=

9. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    I finally catched up on reading your story. I really like how the characters interact with each other. Although I like Jaina, I totally understand Jag's hesitancy in getting back together with her.

Can I please be added to the PM list?

10. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm all caught up now.

At least Jag could have admitted that he still loved Jaina. Maybe it wasn't enough right now to bring them back together but he could have still told her.

Interesting to see there was another force interested in capturing the Jedi. I'm sure that poor Jag and Cem will not be getting off that ship any time soon.

Good, because that will give Kyp time to get Jag and Jaina back together. Or Valin.

11. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    sorry i missed so many posts and that it took me forever to reply

when do we get to see what cem and the others' are up to?

great job

12. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Aw, that was adorably cute. You're great at writing scenes that are true to reality. ;)

Great post!!

13. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    More soon?

:D [face_praying]

14. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Thanks. I did originally have that line in as a double meaning but I'm not sure if I'm still going to do that. I tend to write better K/J friendship.

JainaJag14

Thank you!

G__Anakin

Thanks

iamobiwan1970

Thanks. They are all very stubborn. :)

padawanlost

Thank you. I guess Kyp's idealism had to do something valuable eventually.

Ailin

Thanks. Sorry for the wait.

Flowerlady

I have made Valin a little younger. He's about 7-8 years younger than Jaina in this fic.

I might go back to my original K/J plan if that is who everyone is rooting for. I don't know.

Mathom

Oooh! You're really good at guessing! :)

Lyne

Of course I'll add you to the PM list!

Lola64

Maybe I should have a vote but in my experience those can get pretty vicious between the Kyp and Jag fans.

frankieskywalker

soon...soon. Thanks!

ChissGoddess

Thanks

padawanlost

OK. Here it is! :)

Sorry for the wait. I just started back up at school and I've had plot bunnies eating me to death so it's been hectic. Things should go back to normal. Not that my posting was ever normal or anything but it should go back to being more frequent. :)

Valin pulled back on the lever to pull the ship out of hyperspace, sighing in relief when the planet of Anoth came into view. He set his course straight towards the safest of the three pieces. The electrical storms between the other two pieces of the planet danced across his field of vision. He swooped a little closer to the storm, enjoying the feeling of danger.

?Valin Horn! What do you think you?re doing?!? Kyp shouted.

Valin blinked rapidly a few times as he pulled the ship out of the electrical maelstrom.

?Now that was fun,? Cem said from his position in the copilot?s seat.

?Sorry Kyp. I was just showing Cem the sights before he had to leave,? Valin said with a little smile. He was going to be really happy to get rid of the younger Fel. Although?he was kind of fun to fly with. He didn?t back down from a challenge. In fact, he seemed to enjoy it.

Kyp eyed the two young men and mumbled something unintelligible.

?Just stay on course,? he said before exiting to gather their gear from the holds.

Valin rolled his eyes causing Cem to snicker a little before they both stopped and glared at each other. They were not going to be friends. Cem was annoying and Valin was a rogue Jedi. Cem flipped a few switches at his console to give full control back to Valin before standing stiffly.

?Don?t land too hard,? he said as he left the cockpit. Jag had slept for the rest of the trip and Cem had been forced to get along with both Kyp and Valin to keep himself entertained. He pulled some gear out from under his bunk as he had been instructed by Valin earlier. He found a fully charged blaster, a change of clothes, and some oxygen masks. He kicked the container back under the bunk, hoping to wake his brother. He grinned devilishly as he heard Jag yelp and jump off of his bunk scared out of his skin.

?Rise and shine,? he laughed.

Jag glared at him through bleary sleep deprived eyes.

?They?re all still alive I presume,? he said as he began to straighten his clothing. ?You didn?t kill them with you?re cutting wit?? he asked.

?No,? Cem smiled again. ?I plan to catch them completely unaware in a couple of days.?

?A couple of days??

?Yeah. I don?t think we?ll be getting a ship off of Anoth anytime soon.

?Where?? Jag asked.

?Exactly,? Cem replied cheerily.

?Don?t worry you?ll both be leaving as soon as we land,? Jaina said from the doorway. Both men jumped and turned to glare at her. Smiling she pushed away from the doorframe she had been leaning on and made her way to the cockpit.

?Well I guess I better hurry up and use my best stuff,? Cem said quietly.

Jag laughed, ?What?s wrong now.?

?Well it had been kind of fun not having to worr

15. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006

?Mom?s going to kill you,? Cem said seriously, ?and then dad is going to come after you and kill you twice: once for him and once for mom again.? Cem started laughing as he thought about it.

?Oh very funny. You think you aren?t going to get in trouble?? Jag asked.

?Of course not. I?m the infallible youngest son,? he smiled. ?It?ll all be your fault and I?m not going to change that view too much,? he said, laughing again. ?

Cem and Jag just crack me up.[face_laugh]

Another great update.=D=

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    ?Don?t worry you?ll both be leaving as soon as we land,? Jaina said from the doorway.

I don't think that's a good idea. You need their help. I don't know why yet, but I'm sure you do.

Besides, Cem being around is making things interesting.

Great update.

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Kyp's getting old... hehe.

Cem is amusing. :) Reminds me of me, sometimes.

KT

18. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    ?We have mutual friends, such as Sharr and Kyp. I think we?ll see each other again.?

I wish he would stop being so stubborn and admit he wants to get back with her.

This chapter was simply hilarious.

19. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Nice Cem and Jag moment- very brotherly, in the way that makes me glad I only had sisters ;). No matter who they are the youngest ones always seem to get away with it.

I wonder what the Jedi are doing on such a backwater world besides hiding, cause none of them seem to be the hiding type.

Can't wait to see what else is at the bottom of the ramp.

=D=

20. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    ?Mom?s going to kill you,? Cem said seriously, ?and then dad is going to come after you and kill you twice: once for him and once for mom again.? That sound about right. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?Well the joke?s on her. Trust me she won?t forget that landing for a long time,? Ooo...I think I see some J/J action happening soon.;) Well, I can hope, can't I?

?So you?re not going to let Jaina forget that landing for a long time? How do you plan on that when we?re leaving right away??

?We have mutual friends, such as Sharr and Kyp. I think we?ll see each other again.?
    Haha, Cem calls him on it. Leave it to the younger sibling to embarass the older sibling. Says the younger sibling;) [face_laugh]

Great update and thanks for the PM.[:D]

21. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Love it so far. Please add me to the PM list, and please keep it J/J!!! [face_praying] [face_praying]
    DL Purple Pencil

22. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was funny...

Great post and I can't wait for more..

FL @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.